Daily Current Affairs September 23
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 23. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 23| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 22
1. Which of the following bank started giving loans through account aggregator framework?
A) Axis Bank
B) UCO Bank
C) RBL Bank
D) IndusInd Bank
E) Bank of Baroda
Answer: A) Axis Bank
- Axis Bank has started disbursing loans through the Account Aggregator (AA) framework, which enables easy and instant access to financial information of customers in a secure manner.
- The country’s third largest private sector lender has already gone live on multiple Account Aggregators like Anumati-AA, OneMoney-AA and FinViu-AA, covering retail and SME customers.
- An early investor in the AA framework, Axis Bank’s loan disbursals have increased more than 30 per cent month-on-month since going live on the data sharing platform.
- The bank offers personal loans, credit cards, auto loans and small business loans through the account aggregator system.
2. RBI cancelled licence of Laxmi Co-operative Bank it belongs to which of the following state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Maharashtra
- The Reserve Bank of India has cancelled the licence of Solapur (Maharashtra) based The Laxmi Co-operative Bank Limited as the lender does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- As per the data submitted by the cooperative bank, more than 99 per cent of the depositors are entitled to receive full amount of their deposits from Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC).
- As of September 13, 2022, the DICGC has already paid Rs 193.68 crore of the total insured deposits.
3. Which of the following bank became first lender to get RBI’s approval for rupee trade?
A) Axis Bank
B) UCO Bank
C) RBL Bank
D) IndusInd Bank
E) Bank of Baroda
Answer: B) UCO Bank
- Public sector lender UCO Bank has received the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI’s) approval to open a special vostro account with Gazprombank of Russia for trade settlement in Indian rupees.
- The Kolkata-based lender is the first bank to receive regulator’s approval following the RBI’s decision to allow Indian banks to settle trade in Indian currency in July.
- The Russian lender, which was set up by world’s largest gas producer and exporter Gazprom to provide banking services for gas industry enterprises has been operating since 1990.
- One of the top three banks in Russia, Gazprombank offers a whole range of banking and investment services to over 45,000 corporate and three million private clients.
4. RBL Bank increased MCLR by how many basis point?
A) 10 bps
B) 25 bps
C) 15 bps
D) 30 bps
E) 20 bps
Answer: E) 20 bps
- IndusInd Bank and RBL Bank have increased their marginal cost of funds-based lending rates (MCLR), announcing their decision days ahead of the monetary policy meeting’s (MPC) meeting on repo rate.
- IndusInd Bank hiked its MCLR by 5 to10 basis points across tenors.
- The private lender’s overnight to three-year MCLR now ranges between 8.30 per cent and 9.80 per cent.
- RBL Bank, which is privately held, hiked its lending rate by 20 bps across tenors.
- Its overnight to one-year MCLR now ranges between 8.25 per cent and 9.45 per cent.
- Last week, mortgage financiers LIC Housing Finance and Indiabulls Housing Finance raised their lending rates by 15 bps and 10 bps.
5. PayU successfully tokenized how many million cards?
D) 50 million
Answer: D) 50 million
- PayU announced that it has successfully tokenized over 50 million cards to date.
- PayU has the potential to tokenize 90 per cent of all domestic transactions, as it is live with India’s largest payment networks – Visa, Mastercard and RuPay, and fully certified by them as a token requestor and token provider.
- PayU Token Hub is a unique solution offering both network tokens and issuer tokens under a single hub.
- It has the widest coverage of card and bank networks, and is also live on American Express and Diners Club.
- Success rates are 6-7 per cent higher, on average, for tokenised transactions processed by PayU, compared to transactions through debit and credit cards.
6. Microfinance sector witnessed how many per cent growth in loan disbursals at ₹45,830 crore in Q1 FY-23?
Answer: A) 80%
- The microfinance industry, which has witnessed close to 80 per cent growth in loan disbursals during the first quarter of FY-23 on a year-on-year basis, is likely to register a further pick up in disbursements during the remaining part of this fiscal backed by pent-up demand, expansion of branch network and conducive policy.
- Loan disbursals by microfinance industry registered 80 per cent growth during Q1 FY-23 to ₹45,830 crore as compared to ₹25,503 crore same period last year.
- The number of loans disbursed also increased to 116 lakh during the quarter as against 71 lakh in the same period last year, indicating continued growth of microfinance portfolio, Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN) said in the 42 nd issue of Micrometer report for quarter ending June 30, 2022.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs September 22
7. Reliance New Energy acquiredhow many percent stake in US-based Caelux?
Answer: C) 20%
- Reliance New Energy Limited (RNEL) — the wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) — signed definitive agreements to acquire 20 per cent stake for $12 million in Caelux Corporation, a company headquartered in Pasadena, California, USA, engaged in the development of perovskite-based solar technology.
8. Singtel arm sold 1.59% stake in Bharti Airtel for how many crores?
A) ₹7,211 crore
B) ₹7,621 crore
C) ₹7,216 crore
D) ₹7,612 crore
E) ₹7,261 crore
Answer: E) ₹7,261 crore
- Pastel Ltd, an entity of Singtel, divested 1.59 per cent stake in Bharti Airtel for ₹7,261 crore through an open market transaction.
- The stake has been picked by Bharti Airtel’s promoter, Bharti Telecom Ltd, as per block deal data with the NSE.
- According to the data, Pastel offloaded 9,40,00,000 shares, amounting to 1.59 per cent stake in the company
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 22
9. Biplab Kumar Deb elected to Rajya Sabha he was former CM of which of the following state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Tripura
- Former Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb won the byelection to the state’s lone Rajya Sabha seat.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs September 22
10. Indian Navy bought ‘enhanced range’ BrahMos missiles for how many crores?
A) ₹1900 crore
B) ₹1800 crore
C) ₹1500 crore
D) ₹1700 crore
E) ₹1600 crore
Answer: D) ₹1700 crore
- Providing impetus to “Aatmanirbharta” (self-reliance) in defence production, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed a contract with the Indo-Russian joint venture (JV) – BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited (BAPL) – for buying the latest version of the BrahMos missile for its newest warships.
- So far, BrahMos missiles have had a range of 295 kilometres, to adhere to the parameters of the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), which restricts missile sales involving a non-MTCR country to a maximum range of 300 km.
- However, with India’s admission into the MTCR, a new generation of BrahMos missiles, with ranges of 400 km and more, can legitimately be built by the Indo-Russian JV.
- The surface-to-surface BrahMos missiles were bought for an overall approximate cost of ₹1,700 crore under the Buy-Indian category.
- These new BrahMos missiles will be dual-role capable.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 22
11. BRICS members support South Africa’s chairship in 2023 for holding ____ summit?
Answer: A) 15th
- Foreign Ministers from Brazil, Russia, India and China extended their full support to South Africa for its BRICS Chairship in 2023 and also for holding the fifteenth summit.
- BRICS foreign ministers held their annual meeting on the margins of the 77th session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, where the ministers said that they are looking forward to the Standalone Meeting of BRICS Ministers of Foreign Affairs and International Relations in South Africa in 2023.
- The Ministers called for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in its three dimensions – economic, social and environmental – in a balanced and integrated manner by mobilising the means required to implement the 2030 Agenda.
12. Which of the following country is not a part of G4 nations?
Answer: C) Russia
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar hosted the G-4 meeting of Foreign Ministers.
- Ministers Foreign Minister of Brazil Carlos França, Japanese Foreign Minister Yoshimasa Hayashi, and German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock attended the meeting.
- They reiterated their joint commitment to work towards text-based negotiations that leads to Reformed Multilateralism.
- They will continue their cooperation towards this goal.
13. Nepal will buy how many mega-watt power from India to meet winter demands?
A) 395 MW
B) 345 MW
C) 325 MW
D) 375 MW
E) 365 MW
Answer: E) 365 MW
- Nepal’s state-owned power utility body is planning to buy upto 365MW from Indian power traders to meet its domestic demand for power in winter when the production of Nepal’s run-of-river hydropower projects dwindles.
- This move is the first of its kind as Nepal prepares to buy electricity on a long-term basis through competitive bidding from India, reported Kathmandu Post.
- Nepal Electricity Authority is seeking to get the power supply from India from December 1 this year to May 31 next year under a six-month contract.
- The Nepal Electricity Authority plan delivery of 300MW from the Muzaffarpur substation through the Dhalkebar-Muzaffarpur cross-border transmission line and an additional 65MW through the Tanakpur substation.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 22
14. India may boost coal power fleet 25% by which year?
Answer: B) 2030
- India plans to expand its coal power fleet by about a quarter through the end of the decade as it continues to lean on the fuel to meet growing demand until energy storage costs fall.
- The world’s third-biggest emitter of greenhouse gases will add nearly 56 gigawatts of coal power capacity unless there’s a substantial drop in the cost of storing electricity, Power Minister Raj Kumar Singh.
15. First successful robotic renal transplant performed in govt hospital,the recipient belongs to which of the following state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttar Pradesh
- The doctors of the centre run Safdarjung hospital in the capital have successfully performed a robotic renal transplant on a patient who was on dialysis and awaiting the transplant for years.
- The 39-years-old recipient was from Uttar Pradesh’s Farrukabad.
- His wife is the donor.
- The transplant was done under Safdarjung hospital and VMMC, by a team of doctors headed by Prof (Dr) Anup Kumar, Head of Department, Department of Urology, Robotics and Renal Transplant.
- The doctors claimed to be the first such surgery to have been performed at a central government facility in the country.
16. Who among the following informed Govt building strong health system to protect everyone?
A) Home Minister
C) Health Minister
D) Prime Minister
E) Women and Child Development Minister
Answer: C) Health Minister
- Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya has said the government is building a strong health system that will protect everyone.
- Speaking at a Public Affairs Forum of India event in New Delhi, he said, remarkable progress has been made in operationalizing over one lakh 20 thousand Ayushman Bharat – Health and Wellness Centres.
- Dr. Mandaviya said the government’s various schemes such as PM Jan Arogya Yojana, PM Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana, and Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission are improving access to affordable and quality healthcare services.
17. How many Poshan Vatikas set up by Anganwadi Centres across country under Poshan Maah 2022?
Answer: D) 437000
- The government has said that four lakh 37 thousand Anganwadi Centres have set up Poshan Vatikas.
- The Women and Child Development Ministry said, Poshan Vatikas or Nutri- gardens are being set up across the country to provide easy and affordable access to fruits, vegetables, medicinal plants, and herbs.
- It said, under ongoing Poshan Maah 2022, activities for setting-up Poshan Vatikas are being carried out in a big way across the country.
- The Ministry said, additionally, one lakh ten thousand medicinal saplings have also been planted so far in some of the selected districts of six States.
- PM Modi launched POSHAN Abhiyaan in 2018, which aims to improve nutritional outcomes for children, adolescents, pregnant women, and lactating mothers.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Acquisitions and Mergers