Daily Current Affairs September 18
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 18. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 18| Daily Current Affairs 2023
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs September 18
1. On which date is World Bamboo Day celebrated every year?
A) April 22
B) June 5
C) September 18
D) October 10
E) November 17
Answer: C) September 18
- World Bamboo Day is marked annually on September 18.
- World Bamboo Day was established courtesy the efforts of the World Bamboo Organization, a non-profit organization that was founded in 2005 by Susanne Lucas and
- David Knights to promote bamboo as a valuable and versatile resource.
- In 2009, the WBO organised the first World Bamboo Congress in Bangkok, Thailand which brought together bamboo enthusiasts, experts, researchers and industry professionals from around the world and proposed the idea of creating a dedicated day to celebrate bamboo.
- On September 18, 2009, during the 8th World Bamboo Congress, the participants officially declared September 18 as World Bamboo Day to coincide with the birthday of the renowned bamboo researcher, Nobel Laureate and India’s former President, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, who was a strong advocate for bamboo’s potential to combat poverty and environmental degradation.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs September 18
2. Who won the Singapore Grand Prix in Formula 1?
A) Lewis Hamilton
B) Sebastian Vettel
C) Max Verstappen
D) Carlos Sainz Jr.
Answer: D) Carlos Sainz Jr.
|1||Carlos Sainz Jr.||Ferrari||Spain|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 18
3. Which company has formed a strategic partnership with PSB Alliance to provide advanced doorstep banking services (DSB)?
A) BLS International
B) PSB Technologies
C) Tech Global Alliance
D) Doorstep Banking Solutions Ltd.
E) BankAlliance Services
Answer: A) BLS International
- Global tech-enabled services firm BLS International has formed a strategic partnership with PSB Alliance, a prominent company formed by public sector banks (PSBs), to provide advanced doorstep banking services (DSB).
- Under the partnership, BLS International’s expertise and cutting-edge technology will facilitate doorstep banking services for PSBs
- The initial rollout will be in 58 cities, with plans for a seamless expansion to all regions and the company is committed to elevate customer experience and accessibility to all the 12 public sector banks under the PSB Alliance
4. Which bank recently introduced the Maxima Savings Account and Business Maxima Current Account targeting premium customer segments?
A) State Bank of India (SBI)
B) HDFC Bank
C) ICICI Bank
D) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
E) Axis Bank
Answer: D) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (Ujjivan SFB), a leading small finance bank, announced the introduction of the Maxima Savings Account and Business Maxima Current Account for the premium customer segment.
- These new offerings aim to improve the banking experience for both new and existing customers by providing a variety of services and benefits.
- The products are designed to provide customers with various benefits, superior features, and a premium experience to meet their various financial and banking needs.
- The annual interest rate on the Maxima Savings Account is up to 7.5%, one of the highest in the industry, and customers can open the account with Rs. 1 lakh.
- Customers also have the flexibility to maintain Rs. 15 lakh or more in fixed deposits to meet the balance eligibility criteria of the Maxima Savings Account, an option not available with other standard savings accounts.
- Other exciting services offered by Maxima Savings Account include higher transaction limits, Free cheque & DD Issuances, Free transactions across all channels, and unlimited cash deposits and withdrawals at any branch.
- A Complimentary Health Prime Benefit is also offered with the Maxima Savings Account to applicable customers.
- Business Maxima Current Account provides businesses and entrepreneurs with a comprehensive suite of services designed to meet their unique needs.
- It features convenient online banking, instant fund transfers, and cash management options. Notable features include the ability for businesses to define their own cash deposit limit, a higher daily ATM withdrawal limit of Rs. 5 lakhs per day, the provision of beyond banking services such as account services for merchants, and free installation and rental fees for POS services.
- In addition, business account holders will have access to specialised relationship managers to guide and serve their customised banking needs.
5. Which digital platform can customers use to set up NRE/NRO accounts with SBI, as recently introduced by the bank?
A) SBI Online Banking
C) SBI Quick
D) SBI Anywhere
E) SBI E-Trade
Answer: B) YONO
- State Bank of India (SBI) has introduced a digital facility for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) to effortlessly open NRE and NRO accounts (both savings and current accounts) through its mobile app YONO.
- This service is designed for NTB or ‘new to bank’ customers, providing them with ease and efficiency in the account opening process
- This initiative fulfils a long-standing demand from NRI customers for a hassle-free way to open and manage their accounts in India
- An Non-Residential External (NRE) account is a bank account opened in India in the name of an NRI, to park his foreign earnings; whereas, an Non-Resident Ordinary (NRO) account is opened in India in the name of an NRI, to manage the income earned by him/her in India. These incomes include rent, dividend, pension, interest, etc.
- The bank has leveraged technology to create a seamless, digitized account opening process that ensures efficiency and accuracy, making it a one-stop solution for NRI banking needs
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs September 18
6. Who unveiled the eBook ‘People’s G20’ during India’s G20 Presidency?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Apurva Chandra
D) Nirmala Sitharaman
E) Piyush Goyal
Answer: B) Apurva Chandra
- Shri Apurva Chandra, Secretary, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting today unveiled “People’s G20”, an eBook on India’s G20 Presidency in New Delhi.
- The book was released in the presence of Principal Director General, Press Information Bureau Shri Manish Desai and other senior Officers of Ministry of I&B and PIB.
- The book presents a complete journey of India’s G20 Presidency.
- The book consists of three parts, the first part dealing with the monumental G20 Summit that was held between September 9-10, 2023 in New Delhi.
- The book encapsulates the structure and working of G20 and elaborates on the initiatives that have been taken under India’s Presidency of the grouping.
- The second part provides a summary of the meetings of various Working Groups under the Sherpa and Finance Track along with the meetings of the Engagement Groups that have been held across the country over the last year since India took over as the Chair.
- The last part of the eBook presents a photo essay of the Jan-Bhagidari events that were held across the country in the past year transforming India’s G20 Presidency into a people-powered movement.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 18
7. Who has been appointed as the chairman of the Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (DIPA)?
A) Ramesh Gupta
B) Arvind Kumar
C) Dhananjay Joshi
D) Anita Sharma
E) Rajesh Patel
Answer: C) Dhananjay Joshi
- Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (DIPA) has appointed Dhananjay Joshi, MD and CEO of Summit Digitel, as the chairman.
- Joshi takes over the baton from Akhil Gupta, Chairman of Bharti Enterprises, who served as Chairman of the industry body since 2011.
- DIPA named Sandeep Girotra, CEO of American Tower India, as the new vice chairman of the association.
- The changes in the leadership management will come into effect from October 1, 2023.
- The telecom industry body concluded its annual general body meeting for 2022-23, with the announcements of its leadership for the term 2023-24.
- Akhil Gupta has accepted the request of the executive committee members to hold the position of Patron Member, DIPA
Awards – Daily Current Affairs September 18
8. Which Indian place, known for being founded by poet Rabindranath Tagore and the location of Visva-Bharati, was recently inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List?
Answer: C) Santiniketan
- Santiniketan, the popular town in West Bengal, is famed as the place where Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore established the Visva-Bharati University over a century ago.
- It has now been included in the UNESCO World Heritage List
- As per the latest reports, the decision to include Santiniketan in the list was taken at the 45th session of the World Heritage Committee, which is currently underway in Saudi Arabia.
- A few months ago, the landmark site was recommended for inclusion in the UNESCO World Heritage List by international advisory body ICOMOS.
- The France-based International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) is an international non-governmental organisation that comprises professionals, experts, representatives from local authorities, companies and heritage organisations and is dedicated to the conservation and enhancement of the architectural and landscape heritage around the world.
- Santiniketan was established in the year 1901, by poet and philosopher Tagore, lovingly known as Gurudev. It served as a residential school and centre for art based on ancient Indian traditions and a vision of the unity of humanity transcending religious and cultural boundaries.
- In 1921, a ‘world university’ was established at Santiniketan to recognise the unity of humanity or VisvaBharati.
- It was declared a central university and an institution of national importance by an Act of Parliament in 1951.
- Visva-Bharati is the sole central university of West Bengal and the prime minister is its chancellor.
9. Which organization recently received the prestigious CII National Award for excellence in energy management?
A) Tata Motors
B) Reliance Industries
C) Odisha Power Generation Corporation Ltd (OPGC)
D) Indian Oil Corporation
E) Infosys Limited
Answer: C) Odisha Power Generation Corporation Ltd (OPGC)
- Odisha Power Generation Corporation Ltd (OPGC) has been bestowed with the prestigious CII National Award for excellence in energy management.
- OPGC has been recognized as “Excellent Energy Efficient Unit” under Power Plant category by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in its 24th National Energy Awards event for Excellence in Energy Management.
- The award ceremony event was organised at Hyderabad.
- The CII, bestows this honour on companies that demonstrate exceptional performance in energy conservation, reduction of carbon footprint, and adoption of innovative sustainability practices.
- This year, out of a total 198 participants from various industrial sectors from all over India, only seven companies (in the power sector) were selected in this category.
- OPGC is the only State Utility company in the Power Sector to be selected for this prestigious National award.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs September 18
10. From which satellite launch center in southwest China’s Sichuan Province did China successfully launch a new remote sensing satellite?
A) Beijing Satellite Launch Center
B) Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center
C) Xichang Satellite Launch Center
D) Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center
E) Wenchang Satellite Launch Center
Answer: C) Xichang Satellite Launch Center
- China successfully launched a new remote sensing satellite from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China’s Sichuan Province.
- A Long March-2D carrier rocket carrying the satellite Yaogan-39 lifted off at 12:13 p.m. (Beijing Time).
- This Launch was the 488th mission undertaken by the Long March rocket series.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 18
11. Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently launched which scheme aimed at providing financial assistance, training, and upskilling opportunities for artisans and craftsmen?
A) PM SashaktKisanYojana
B) PM Vishwakarma scheme
C) PM Suraksha Nidhi Yojana
D) PM Gati Shakti Yojana
E) PM UjjwalaYojana
Answer: B) PM Vishwakarma scheme
- Prime minister Narendra Modi launched a ₹13,000 crore PM Vishwakarma scheme that aims to help artisans and craftsmen with collateral-free loans and other financial incentives and training for upskilling.
- Under the scheme, artisans would get collateral-free credit of up to ₹3 lakh at a concessional interest rate of 5%.
- They will be provided recognition through PM Vishwakarma certificates and ID cards, skill upgradation involving basic and advanced training, toolkit incentive of ₹15,000, collateral-free credit support (up to ₹1 lakh in the first tranche and ₹2 lakh in the second) at a concessional interest rate of 5%, incentives for digital transactions and marketing support.
- Artisans and craftsmen would have to repay the ₹1 lakh loan from the first tranche within 18 months to qualify for the second tranche of ₹2 lakh.
- Eligible artisans will be identified through a three-layer verification process—by gram panchayats, district collectors and by state-appointed committees.
- A total of 18 traditional craftspeople will be covered under the scheme. These, according to the government, are: carpenters, boat makers, armourers, blacksmiths, hammer and tool kit makers, locksmiths, goldsmiths, potters, sculptors, stone breakers, cobblers, masons (Rajmistri), basket, mat, broom makers, coir weavers; traditional toy makers, barbers, garland makers, washermen, tailors and fishing net makers.
12. Who inaugurated the integrated office complex for aviation regulators in the national capital?
A) Prime Minister Narendra Modi
B) Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
C) Civil Aviation Minister JyotiradityaScindia
D) Home Minister Amit Shah
E) Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari
Answer: C) Civil Aviation Minister JyotiradityaScindia
- Civil Aviation Minister JyotiradityaScindia inaugurated the integrated office complex for aviation regulators in the national capital.
- The integrated office complex ‘UdaanBhawan’ in the national capital will house DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation), BCAS (Bureau of Civil Aviation Security), AERA (Airports Economic Regulatory Authority), AAIB (Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau) and AAI (Airports Authority of India).
- Scindia also launched the Bharatkosh Advance Deposit (e-wallet) facility for the civil aviation ministry.
- The integrated office complex has been built at a cost of Rs 374.98 crore.
- Minister of State for Civil Aviation V K Singh and Civil Aviation Secretary VumlunmangVualnam, among others, were also present at the inaugural function.
13. Which ministry approved welfare measures for the benefit of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) agents and employees?
A) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
B) Ministry of Finance
C) Ministry of Labour and Employment
D) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
E) Ministry of Human Resource Development
Answer: B) Ministry of Finance
- The Ministry of Finance approved a series of welfare measures for the benefit of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) agents and employees.
- The welfare measures are related to the amendments to LIC (Agents) Regulations, 2017, Enhancement of Gratuity Limit, and Uniform Rate of Family Pension among others.
- The following welfare measures w.r.t. LIC agents and employees were approved:Enhancement of the gratuity limit from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 5 lakh for LIC agents.
- It will bring substantial improvements to the working condition and benefits of LIC agents.
- Enabling reappointed agents to be eligible for renewal commission, thereby providing them with increased financial stability.
- Currently, LIC agents are not eligible for renewal commission on any business completed under the old agency.
- The term insurance cover for the agents has been expanded from the existing range of Rs. 3,000-10,000 rupees to Rs. 25,000-1,50,000.
- This enhancement in term insurance will significantly benefit the families of deceased agents, offering them a more substantial welfare benefit.
- Family pension at a uniform rate of @30% for the welfare of the families of LIC employees.
- More than 13 lakhs agents and more than 1 lakh regular employees, who play a pivotal role in the growth of LIC and deepening of insurance penetration in India, will benefit from these welfare measures.
14. Who recently announced the roll-out of the MukhyaMantriShramikKalyanYojana in Arunachal Pradesh?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Rahul Gandhi
C) Pema Khandu
D) Mamata Banerjee
E) Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy
Answer: C) Pema Khandu
- Celebrating the National Labour Day, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu on Sunday announced roll out of a new scheme, MukhyaMantriShramikKalyanYojana (MMSKY), for the welfare of the labour force of the state, besides announcing a slew of other welfare measures for the working class.
- Attending the National Labour Day event organized by the Arunachal Pradesh unit of BharatiyaMazdoorSangh (BMS) at NyokumLapang here, Khandu said that the MMSKY is a revised list of incentives for workers registered with the Arunachal Pradesh Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board (APB&OCWWB).
- Under the scheme, maternity benefit for families of workers has been enhanced from Rs 1000 to Rs 6000; natural death compensation from Rs 50,000 to Rs 2 lakh; accidental death compensation from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 4 lakh; funeral assistance of Rs 1000 enhanced to Rs 10,000; medical assistance (for first 3 days) enhanced from Rs 2000 to Rs 5000, Rs 100 per day for rest of the days enhanced to Rs 250 and the ceiling limit from Rs 15000 to Rs 25000; property damage due to natural calamities compensation of Rs 10,000.
- To encourage sports amongst the children of workers, the MMSKY will have cash incentives of Rs 15,000 for a Gold, Rs 10,000 for Silver and Rs 8,000 for Bronze in any state level tournament.
- For those excelling at the national level, Rs 30,000 for Gold, Rs 20,000 for Silver and Rs 15,000 for Bronze has also been provided under the scheme.
- On job regularization of Anganwadi workers, the Chief Minister informed that 50% of Gram Sevika Junior posts will be filled by Aganwadi workers completing 10 years of service who are class 10 pass and competed 3 month job training. Further, 25% of Supervisor posts will also be reserved for them.
- Other welfare measures announced by Khandu are enhancement of Rs 1000 to the salary of Aganwadi workers and helpers and top-up component of ASHA workers emolument by state government by Rs 1000.
15. Which state’s Chief Minister, K Chandrashekhar Rao, recently formally inaugurated the Palamuru-Ranga Reddy Lift Irrigation Scheme (PRLIS) built on the Krishna river at a cost of Rs 35,000 crore?
A) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Telangana
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao formally inaugurated the mega Palamuru-Ranga Reddy Lift Irrigation Scheme (PRLIS) built on Krishna at a cost of Rs 35,000 crore .
- The CM switched on one of the ‘Bahubali 145 MW’ motor at the first pump house to lift the water from the river into the intake well of the project at Narlapur village near here.
- Eight “Bahubali” motors, each of 145 MW capacity, were erected in the lift irrigation scheme for drawing 90 tmc of water in a span of 60 days.
- The PRLIS envisages lifting water from the foreshore of Srisailam reservoir at Yellure village of Kollapur block in Nagarkurnool district to the K P Laxmidevipally reservoir of Kondurg block in Rangareddy district with 5 stage lifting and then utilizing water by gravity.
- Over 3,200 cusecs of water drawn from the offshore point of Srisailam project and channelled through the mammoth tunnel system and surge pool, was pumped into the Anjanagiri reservoir built as part of the Stage-1 of the project.
- The project built in five stages with six reservoirs is intended to give 7.15 tmc of water to support the drinking water supply in over 1220 villages spread over six districts in the first phase.
- It has a provision for meeting irrigation needs with 73 tmc of water to be fulfilled in the second phase by obtaining all clearances.
- The Project is the biggest for the drought-prone Mahabubnagar and Rangareddy districts and the state government had taken up the project with its own financial resources.
- It proposes to irrigate around 12 lakh acres in Mahabubnagar, Narayanpet, Rangareddy, Vikarabad, Nagarkurnool and Nalgonda, besides providing drinking water to en route villages and Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation and also for industrial use.
16. The Defence Ministry has recently approved the proposal to purchase a regiment of Pralay tactical ballistic missiles for the Indian Army. What is the approximate range of these missiles?
A) 50–100 km
B) 100–200 km
C) 150–500 km
D) 500–1000 km
E) 1000–2000 km
Answer: C) 150–500 km
- The Defence Ministry has cleared the proposal of buying a regiment of Pralay tactical ballistic missiles for the Indian Army which can strike targets at 150–500 km.
- It is the first time that a ballistic missile will be inducted into the services for conventional operations
- ‘Pralay’ is a quasi-ballistic surface-to-surface missile.
- The advanced missile has been developed in a way to be able to defeat interceptor missiles. It has the ability to change its path after covering a certain range in midair.
- ‘Pralay’ is powered by a solid propellant rocket motor and other new technologies.
- The missile guidance system includes state-of-the-art navigation and integrated avionics.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Books and Authors
Science and Technology