Daily Current Affairs September 16&17
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 16&17. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 16&17| Daily Current Affairs 2023
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs September 16&17
1. When does International Pay Day occur annually?
A) March 18
B) June 18
C) September 18
D) December 18
E) January 18
Answer: C) September 18
- International Pay Day occurs annually on September 18.
- The Equal Pay International Coalition created this holiday in 2019 to bring attention to this enduring issue.
- Their objective is to eliminate pay discrimination. This day illuminates the impact of the wage disparity on women of color and other minorities
- First Edition: 2020
- The Equal Pay International Coalition (EPIC) is led by the ILO, UN Women, and OECD.
World Patient Safety Day 2023
- World Patient Safety Day is observed annually on September 17.
- During the 72nd World Health Assembly that took place at Switzerland’s Geneva in May 2019, member states of the WHO recognised the importance of patient safety as a global health priority and a resolution titled “Global Action on Patient Safety” was adopted.
- This resolution emphasised the need to enhance patient safety at the global level and called for the establishment of World Patient Safety Day as an annual observance hence, World Patient Safety Day was officially inaugurated on September 17, 2019 to commemorate the anniversary of the adoption of the resolution on patient safety at the World Health Assembly and September 17th was designated as the annual date for this observance.
- According to the World Health Organization, the theme this year for World Patient Safety Day is “Engaging patients for patient safety”
World Ozone Day or International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer
- World Ozone Day or International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer observed annually on September 16, is meant to raise awareness about the importance of the ozone layer and how its depletion is leading to global warming and climate change across the world
- The day is recognised to commemorate the Montreal Protocol, an environmental agreement that regulates the production and consumption of nearly 100 man-made chemicals referred to as ozone-depleting substances (ODS).
- It was adopted in 1987 and is the only UN treaty that has been ratified by all 198 member-states.
- In 1994, the UN General Assembly declared September 16 as the International Day for the Prevention of the Ozone Layer.
- The theme of World Ozone Day 2023 is ”Montreal Protocol: Fixing the Ozone Layer and Reducing Climate Change.”
Sports – Daily Current Affairs September 16&17
2. In which event did Neeraj Chopra win a silver medal in the Diamond League champion’s title?
A) 100m sprint
B) Shot put
C) Javelin throw
D) High jump
E) Long jump
Answer: C) Javelin throw
- Olympic and world champion javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra failed to defend his Diamond League champion’s title, finishing second with a modest effort of 83.80m in the grand finale
- The 25-year-old Chopra, who clinched his maiden World Championships gold last month
Jakub Vadlejch of Czech Republic became the Diamond League champion for the third time with a best throw of 84.24m which came in his sixth and final attempt. He was leading the six-man field from the beginning following his first round effort of 84.01m.
- Vadlejch, who won bronze in Budapest World Championships in August and silver in Tokyo Olympics behind Chopra, had also clinched the DL title in 2017 and 2018.
- Oliver Helander of Finland took the third spot with a best throw of 83.74m.
- This was the same venue where Chopra had finished second in the 2022 World Championships.
3. Who has been roped in as the title sponsor for India’s first-ever MotoGP Grand Prix by MotoGP Bharat?
A) Bajaj Auto
B) Hero MotoCorp
D) Royal Enfield
E) TVS Motor Company
Answer: C) IndianOil
- MotoGP Bharat has roped in IndianOil as the title sponsor for India’s first-ever MotoGP Grand Prix scheduled to take place at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida from September 22-24.
- Organised by FairStreet Sports in collaboration with Dorna Sports, the MotoGP Bharat will see 42 teams and 84 riders participating in the MotoGP, Moto2, and Moto3 categories.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs September 16&17
4. According to Chainalysis’ 2023 Global Crypto Adoption Index, which country has been ranked first in grassroots crypto adoption despite a challenging regulatory environment?
A) United States
E) United Kingdom
Answer: C) India
- India has been ranked first in grassroots crypto adoption, even amid a tough regulatory environment, according to Chainalysis’ 2023 Global Crypto Adoption Index.
- Total countries: 154
- The country ranked first in four parameters including centralized service value received, retail centralised service value received, DeFi value received and Retail DeFi value received.
- Last year India stood fourth, based on the report.
- Nigeria ranked second in the index, followed by Vietnam, United States and Ukraine.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 16&17
5. As of March 2023, how much is the worth of Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) or e-rupee in circulation in India?
A) ₹5.39 crore
B) ₹10.39 crore
C) ₹12.39 crore
D) ₹16.39 crore
E) ₹20.39 crore
Answer: D) ₹16.39 crore
- Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) or e-rupee worth ₹16.39 crore is in circulation as of March 2023, as per data from RBI’s Handbook of Statistics on the Indian Economy for FY23.
- Of the total e-rupee circulation, ₹10.69 crore was wholesale CBDC whereas ₹5.70 crore was retail CBDC, data showed.
- E-rupee is the digital representation of India’s legal tender and similar to physical currency, is issued in various denominations to banks.
- The circulation was highest for ₹500 CBDC notes at ₹2.71 crore, followed by ₹200 notes at 1.16 per cent. Circulation for all other currency denominations of 50 paise to ₹100 was below 1 per cent, ranging between 0.01-0.83 per cent.
- RBI had introduced the CBDC pilot for the wholesale segment, known as the CBDC (W) or e₹-W, was launched in November 2022, with the use case being limited to settlement of secondary market transactions in government securities. The central bank is now looking to expand the use of the e-rupee to other inter-bank money markets.
- The retail pilot known as CBDC (R) or e₹-R, was launched a month later in December 2022, within a closed user group comprising participating customers, banks and merchants. Initially launched with eight public and private sector banks, retail e-rupee has now been extended to more banks and has been made interoperable with UPI QR codes.
- UPI interoperability will facilitate e-rupee payments through the use of existing QR codes for the UPI ecosystem. Even if the merchant does not have a CBDC wallet, CBDC payments via UPI will allow for the e-rupee to be deposited in the merchant’s or receiver’s bank account.
6. Which bank in India has introduced ‘IB SAATHI’ to enhance its banking services?
A) State Bank of India (SBI)
B) HDFC Bank
C) Punjab National Bank (PNB)
D) Indian Bank
E) Axis Bank
Answer: D) Indian Bank
- Public sector Indian Bank announced roll out of ‘IB SAATHI’ initiative aimed at providing an integrated ecosystem for all stakeholders in the financial sector through the business correspondent route.
- The IB Sustainable Access and Aligning Technology for Holistic Inclusion (SAATHI) offers an enhanced user experience through the simplified delivery of services, encompassing both basic and value-added offerings to customers.
- The bank’s Managing Director and CEO S L Jain launched the initiative at their corporate office
- Indian Bank, with the launch of the scheme, seeks to provide basic banking services at all centres for a minimum of four hours per day at fixed branches while the Banking Correspondents would extend their services directly at the doorsteps of the customers.
- By March 2024, Indian Bank has planned to deploy about 5,000 banking correspondents and this is expected to bolster the bank’s reach and accessibility.
7. What was the value of the Financial Inclusion (FI) Index in India in March 2023, indicating an improvement from the previous year?
Answer: C) 60.1
- The value of Financial Inclusion (FI) Index, which captures the extent of financial inclusion across the country, improved to 60.1 in March 2023 vis-à-vis 56.4 in March 2022, with growth witnessed across all sub-indices, according to the Reserve Bank of India.
- Improvements in FI Index were mainly contributed by usage and quality dimensions, reflecting deepening of financial inclusion
- When FI Index was first published in August 2021, the Index for FY ending March 2021 was at 53.9. This index was at 43.4 for the period ending March 2017.
- The FI Index has been conceptualised as a comprehensive index incorporating details of banking, investments, insurance, postal as well as the pension sector in consultation with Government and respective sectoral regulators.
- The index captures information on various aspects of financial inclusion in a single value ranging between 0 and 100, where 0 represents complete financial exclusion and 100 indicates full financial inclusion.
- The FI Index comprises of three broad parameters (weights indicated in brackets) – access (35 per cent), usage (45 per cent), and quality (20 per cent) with each of these consisting of various dimensions, which are computed based on a number of indicators.
Business and economy – Daily Current Affairs September 16&17
8. How much financial support is the UK government providing to Tata Steel’s Port Talbot plant?
A) £100 million
B) £250 million
C) £500 million
D) £750 million
E) £1 billion
Answer: C) £500 million
- Private steel major Tata Steel said the company and the UK government have announced a joint agreement on a proposal to invest in electric arc furnace steelmaking at the Port Talbot site in Wales with a capital cost of £1.25 billion, inclusive of a grant from the UK government of up to £500 million.
- The project will reduce direct emissions by 50 million tonnes over a decade
Tata Steel UK will soon start consultation on the proposal and the transition period, including potential deep restructuring for the carbon-intensive, unsustainable iron and steelmaking facilities at Port Talbot, where many of the existing ‘heavy end’ assets — such as blast furnaces and coke ovens — are reaching the end of their operational life.
- Further, the company announced its intention to invest approximately £20 million over four years to set up two additional centres of innovation and technology in the UK at the Henry Royce Institute at Manchester (for advanced materials research) and at Imperial College London (for research in sustainable design and manufacturing).
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 16&17
9. Who has been appointed as the interim director of the Enforcement Directorate?
A) Rahul Navin
B) Amit Shah
C) Rakesh Asthana
D) Piyush Goyal
E) Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer: A) Rahul Navin
- The Centre appointed special director Rahul Navin as in-charge director of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) till the name of the regular director is announced or until further orders
- Rahul Navin, a 1993-batch IRS officer, has taken charge as the acting director of the ED replacing Sanjay Kumar Mishra, an IRS officer of the 1984 batch.
- With his appointment, Navin becomes the most senior officer within the central probe agency.
- Navin has also served as the chief vigilance officer of the ED headquarters.
- In July, the Supreme Court granted an extension of tenure to ED chief Mishra till September 15 but made it clear there would be no further extension.
- Mishra was first appointed the ED director for two years on November 19, 2018.
- Later, by an order dated November 13, 2020, the central government modified the appointment letter retrospectively and his two-year term was changed to three years.
10. Who was recently awarded the ‘Honorary Fellowship 2022-23’ by the Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) India?
A) A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
B) Narendra Modi
C) G Satheesh Reddy
D) Ratan Tata
Answer: C) G Satheesh Reddy
- The Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) India has conferred its highest award ‘Honorary Fellowship 2022-23’ on the former chairman of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) G Satheesh Reddy.
- Satheesh Reddy has been honoured with the coveted award during the Annual IETE Convention (AIC) 2023 held at YASHADA, Pune.
- Reddy is a recipient of many coveted national and international awards for his contributions in the field of navigation systems, avionics, other defence systems and technology leadership.
- The award is conferred for the distinguished service of Reddy in the field of Defence R&D of the country by leading DRDO in the field of defence technologies ranging from missiles & strategic systems, fighter aircraft & UAVs, armaments, underwater systems,
- strategic materials, radars & EW systems and futuristic technologies, making the country self-reliant in Defence
- Eminent Scientist and former Director VSSC, ISRO PadmashreePramod P Kale was Guest of Honour during AIC-2023.
11. Who presented the one-time SangeetNatakAkademiAmrit Awards to 84 artistes from various performing arts fields?
A) President of India
B) Prime Minister of India
C) Vice President of India
D) Minister of Culture and Tourism
E) Chief Justice of India
Answer: C) Vice President of India
- Vice President JagdeepDhankhar presented the one-time SangeetNatakAkademiAmrit Awards to 84 artistes from varied fields of performing arts.
- The award was constituted to honour Indian artistes aged above 75 years who have not been accorded any national honour in their career so far.
- A total of 84 artistes, including 70 men and 14 women, received the award at the ceremony.
- The list of awardees include KrishenLangoo (theatre and music) from Jammu and Kashmir, John Claro Fernandes (playwriting) from Goa, MahabirNayak (folk music and dance) from Jharkhand and TseringStanzin (folk music) from Ladakh.
- Three artistes from Andhra Pradesh, two from Arunachal Pradesh and six from Maharashtra also received the prestigious award.
- Three from Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat and two each from Punjab and Delhi were also selected.
- Four award recipients each are from Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal, Manipur, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka while five each from Assam and Rajasthan also received the prize.
- The awardees received Rs 1 lakh, besides a ‘Tamrapatra’ and ‘Angavastram’.
- The award ceremony was also attended by Minister of State for Law Arjun Ram Meghwal and Minister of State for Culture MeenakshiLekhi.
- The SangeetNatakAkademi has also organised a four-day festival from September 16 to 20 at the Akademi complex featuring the recipients of the awards.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs September 16&17
12. How many Starlink internet satellites did SpaceX launch to low-Earth orbit in their recent mission?
Answer: D) 22
- SpaceX launched 22 Starlink internet satellites to low-Earth orbit, marking the company’s 65th launch of the year.
- The Falcon 9 launch vehicle carrying the satellites lifted off from Space Launch Complex 40 (SLC-40) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.
- This was the fifth flight for the first stage booster supporting this mission, which previously launched Crew-6, SES O3b mPOWER, and now three Starlink missions.
13. From which cosmodrome did the Russian spacecraft carrying cosmonauts and a U.S. astronaut blast off to join the crew of the International Space Station (ISS)?
A) Kennedy Space Center
B) Baikonur Cosmodrome
C) Guiana Space Centre
D) Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center
E) Tanegashima Space Center
Answer: B) Baikonur Cosmodrome
- A Russian spacecraft blasted off from Kazakhstan’s Baikonur cosmodrome carrying two Russian cosmonauts and a U.S. astronaut to join the crew of the International Space Station (ISS)
- Soyuz MS-24 spacecraft with American Loral O’Hara and Russians Oleg Kononenko and Nikolai Chub on board docked at the ISS
- They will join the current crew of NASA astronauts Jasmin Moghbeli and Frank Rubio, Russian cosmonauts Dmitry Petelin, Konstantin Borisov and Sergei Prokopyev, as well as Denmark’s Andreas Mogensen and Japan’s Satoshi Furukawa.
- O’Hara and Chub are on their first spaceflight, while Kononenko is on his fifth. Russia’s space programme suffered a major setback last month when its Luna-25 spacecraft crashed during an attempt to land near the south pole of the moon in the country’s first lunar mission in 47 years.
- The ISS is one of the few international projects on which the United States and Russia still cooperate closely.
International affairs- Daily Current Affairs September 16&17
14. Which organization’s inaugural South Asia conference was hosted by India recently?
A) United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
B) South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
C) World Trade Organization (WTO)
D) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
E) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Answer: A) United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- India hosted the inaugural United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) South Asia conference from 14 to 16 September.
- The conference was organised jointly by the Ministry of External Affairs, UNCITRAL and the organisation’s national coordination committee for India.
- Minister of state for external affairs RajkumarRanjan Singh, chief justice of India DY Chandrachud and Attorney General R Venkataramani were present at the event.
- The three-day conference was in continuation of the conference hosted in New Delhi in 2016 to celebrate 50 years of UNCITRAL
- The conference aimed at furthering India’s engagement with UNCITRAL and encouraging interaction between UNCITRAL, judiciary, bureaucracy, academia and the legal fraternity.
National affairs- Daily Current Affairs September 16&17
15. Who dedicated Phase 1 of the India International Convention and Expo Centre (IICC) to the nation in Dwarka?
A) President of India
B) Prime Minister Narendra Modi
C) Chief Minister of Delhi
D) Finance Minister of India
E) Union Home Minister
Answer: B) Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation the ₹5,400-crore Phase 1 of the state-of-the art India International Convention and Expo Centre (IICC) — ‘Yashobhoomi’ — at Dwarka.
- With a total project area of over 8.9 lakh square metres and built-up area of more than 1.8 lakh square metres, ‘Yashobhoomi’ will find its place among the world’s largest MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions) facilities.
- ‘Yashobhoomi’ boasts of a magnificent convention centre, multiple exhibition halls and other facilities.
- The convention centre, built across more than 73,000 square metres, comprises 15 convention rooms, including the main auditorium, the grand ballroom and 13 meeting rooms with a total capacity of holding 11,000 delegates.
- The convention centre has the largest LED media facade in the country. The plenary hall in the convention centre has the seating capacity of around 6,000 guests.
- The auditorium has an innovative automated seating system which converts the flat floor into an auditorium style tiered seating for different seating configurations
- ‘Yashobhoomi’ will also be connected to Delhi Airport Metro Express line with the inauguration of the new metro station ‘YashobhoomiDwarka Sector 25’.
16. Who recently launched the new e-Bhoomi Portal in Haryana to simplify the land purchase process for government projects?
A) Prime Minister of India
B) President of India
C) Chief Minister of Haryana
D) Minister of Land and Development
E) Chief Justice of Haryana High Court
Answer: C) Chief Minister of Haryana
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the new e-Bhoomi portal to further ease the process of purchasing land for government projects with the land owners’ consent.
- The government aims to purchase land in a transparent manner with the consent of the landowners
- Now, apart from farmers, aggregators will also be able to offer land on this portal
The aggregator must be an income taxpayer and must have a ParivarPehchan Patra family ID
- The offer of land on the new portal would be valid for six months. Farmers can offer their land independently or through listed aggregators.
- A minimum offer of 10 acre has been made mandatory for voluntary offers made by aggregators
- However, if the rates are higher than the collector rates, the proposal will be presented for consideration before the Committee of Secretaries headed by the Chief Secretary.
- If the rates are more than 50 per cent of the collector rates, the proposal will be sent to the High Powered Land Purchase Committee headed by the chief minister
- In normal cases, it is expected that the entire process will be completed within a time frame of 3 to 6 months.
- This process will bring transparency as well as reduce complaints of delay in payment by land owners and aggregators
17. How long has the government extended the tenure of the Company Law Committee?
A) Six months
B) One year
C) Two years
D) Three years
Answer: B) One year
- The government has extended the tenure of the Company Law Committee by one year.
- The tenure of the panel, set up by the Corporate Affairs Ministry in September 2019, was extended last year.
- The committee has the mandate for examining and making recommendations to the government on various issues related to the implementation of the Companies Act and the Limited Liability Partnership Act.
- The tenure of the company law committee is hereby further extended by one year i.e till September 16, 2024
- Currently, the 11-member committee is chaired by the Corporate Affairs Secretary Manoj Govil.
- The committee was formed/constituted as part of the government’s objective of promoting Ease of Living in the country by providing ease of doing business to law-abiding corporates, fostering improved corporate compliance for stakeholders at large and also to address emerging issues having an impact on the working of companies in the country.
- Last year, the ministry had extended the panel’s tenure till September 16, 2023.
18. Which ministry in India has launched SwachhataPakhwada 2023?
A) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
B) Ministry of Education
C) Ministry of Railways
D) Ministry of Finance
E) Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
Answer: C) Ministry of Railways
- Ministry of Railways has launched SwachhataPakhwada 2023.
- SwachhataPakhwada – 2023 was inaugurated by Smt. Jaya Varma Sinha, Chairperson & CEO, Railway Board by administrating Swachhata Pledge in Rail Bhawan. Swachhata pledge was administered to entire Railway family which includes employees of Railways along with senior officials of Railway Zones and Divisions connected via video conferencing.
- Ministry of Railways is observing SwachhataPakhwada from 16th September 2023 to 30th September 2023.
- Ministry of Railways has extended it suo-moto up to 02nd October and has decided to culminate it with Mahatama Gandhi’s Jayanti.
- This year, joint campaign of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs and Ministry of Jal Shakti namely ‘Swachhata hi Sewa’ (SHS) Campaign (from 15.09.23 to 02.10.23) is also being celebrated. Activities of SHS have been integrated with Indian Railways’ SwachhataPakhwada programme.
- For SwachhataPakhwada – 2023, dedicated days have been assigned for activities during pakhwada like SwachhRailgadi, Swachh Station, SwachhAahar, Swachh Tracks etc.
- Extensive awareness campaign are also planned to be carried out through digital media/public announcement via PA systems to educate people about the use of bio-toilets, avoiding single use plastic and observing cleanliness habits.
- In order to ensure greater participation & more effective outcome of the fortnight, SwachhataPakhwada Awards have been provided to each ministry by Ministry of Jal Shakti (nodal Ministry) for awarding to field functionaries/ attached offices/ subordinate organizations for exemplary performance during pakhwada period. Previous year SwachhataPakhwada – 2022 awards have been given to following zonal railways:
- 1st Position: South Western Railway;
- 2nd Position: Western Railway;
- 3rd Position: North Eastern Railway.
19. Which Indian state recently saw the launch of the “MukhyamantriSampoornaPushtiYojana” by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik?
A) West Bengal
B) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Odisha
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the ‘MukhyamantriSampoornaPushtiYojana’ in the state for fulfilling the nutritional needs among the mothers, adolescent girls and children, in addition to this CM also launched the ‘PadaPushtiYojana’.
- Under the scheme provisions have been made to provide nutritional supplements to all adolescent girls between the ages of 15 to 19 years and additional dry food to pregnant women and expecting mothers, in addition with, the provision has been made to provide complete food to severely malnourished children, vitamin-enriched Chhatua (roasted gram glour) and eggs for moderately malnourished children and severely underweight children
- Under the ‘PadaPushtiYojana’ children in remote and tribal areas will be provided with high-quality-cooked food in their enclaves and villages.
- Odisha is the first state in the country to design a nutrition budget for 2020-21.
- MamataYojana is taking proper care of the health of pregnant women and newborns in the state.
- The Chief Minister said the ‘MukhyamantriSampoornaPushtiYojana’ will further improve the nutritional value among the needy.
- Odisha cabinet on Friday approved a proposal to launch a new scheme titled Location Accessible Multi-modal initiative (LAccMI) to ensure sustainable, affordable, assured and safe transportation of passengers and commodities across the state.
- The project cost is estimated to be approximately Rs 3,178 crore in the first three years of the bus operation from 2023-24 to 2025-2026.
- The bus operation under the scheme has been planned to connect all the GPs, block headquarters, district headquarters, major cities, and economic hubs across the state.
- The scheme would be implemented in a phased manner. About 1000 buses would be deployed under the scheme for 10 years.
- The Odisha Cabinet on Friday approved a new scheme called , “Improvement to Tanks and MlPs for a period of three years from 2023-24 to 2025-26 with an outlay of Rs 248.00 Crore for revival of lost ayacut of approximately 16,400 hactares.
- Under this scheme it is planned to renovate 503 Minor Irrigation Projects (MIPs) throughout the State to revive a lost ayacut of approximately 16,400 hectares by restoring live storage capacity of the reservoirs to its designed capacity.
- Upon completion of the projects, assured irrigation facilities will be provided to the tail end by augmenting the irrigation potential of MIPs to their design capacity, thus benefiting many farmers, while also augmenting the water storage capacity of the tanks.
20. Which Indian state government has introduced the “CM breakfast scheme” as a Dusshera gift for school students?
Answer: B) Telangana
- The Telangana government has announced the ‘CM breakfast scheme’ for school students studying from classes 1 to 10 starting October 24 as a Dusshera festival gift.
- This new scheme will cost the government an additional Rs 400 crore
- As a Dusshera festival gift, CM decided to launch the ‘Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme’ for the students studying in government primary and high schools (from classes 1 to 10) across the state on October 24.
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide good, nutritious food to the students along with quality study
- Along with providing nutritious food to the students belonging to poor families, the government is taking steps towards increasing their concentration on their studies.
- The state government will implement the breakfast scheme at Dusshera to reflect the CM’s humane approach.
21. Which district in Maharashtra has been renamed as “ChhatrapatiSambhajinagar” by the government?
Answer: A) Aurangabad
- The Maharashtra government has renamed Aurangabad district to ChhatrapatiSambhajinagar district and Osmanabad district to Darashiv district.
- The state government published the gazette and changed the names of both districts.
- Henceforth, Osmanabad district will be named Dharashiv, and Aurangabad district will be named ChhatrapatiSambhajinagar, stated the Gazette.
- During the ongoing hearing in the Bombay High Court, it was said the objections raised by the state government have not been verified. The HC asked how you changed the names when there was no verification.
- Therefore, it had been decided to keep the names of Aurangabad as Aurangabad and Osmanabad as Osmanabad district for the time being.
- Accordingly, the names of the entire districts of Osmanabad and Aurangabad were changed.
- Earlier, the name of Aurangabad city had been changed to ChhatrapatiSambhajinagar.
- However, the names of Aurangabad Division, District, Sub-Division, Taluka, and Village and Osmanabad District, Sub-Division, Taluka, and Village were not changed. It has now been replaced by issuing a gazette.
- However, Shinde is going to inaugurate the ChhatrapatiSambhajinagar District, Division and Taluka naming boards at the Smart City office here during the cabinet meeting
22. How many new Sainik Schools has the Centre approved for establishment across India?
Answer: C) 100
- The Centre has approved the setting up of 100 new Sainik Schools across India.
- This initiative will be implemented in a graded manner, starting from Class 6 onwards, in partnership with NGOs, private schools and state governments.
- The Sainik Schools Society has already signed a memorandum of agreement (MoA) with 19 new Sainik Schools located throughout the country
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has further approved the setting up of 23 additional Sainik Schools in partnership mode.
- This decision brings the total number of new Sainik Schools functioning under the Sainik School Society to 46, in addition to the existing 33 schools operating under the previous pattern.
- As per officials, the primary objective behind this initiative is to provide students with quality education aligned with the National Education Policy.
- It also aims to offer them enhanced career opportunities, including the possibility of joining the Armed Forces.
23. Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) recently secured an order valued at ₹2,118.57 crore from which organization?
A) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
B) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
C) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
D) Cochin Shipyard Ltd
E) Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
Answer: D) Cochin Shipyard Ltd
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) announced has received orders worth Rs 3,000 crore, including an order worth Rs 2,118.57 crore from Cochin Shipyard.
- BEL will supply next-generation missile vessels equipped with state-of-the-art technology worth Rs 2,118.57 crore to the Indian Navy.
- Received an order of Rs 2,118.57 Crore from Cochin Shipyard Limited for the supply of various equipment consisting of sensors, weapon equipment, fire control systems, and communication equipment for six Next Generation Missile Vessels (NGMV), a class of anti-surface warfare corvettes for the Indian Navy
- The project will involve the active engagement of Indian electronics and related sectors, including micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs), serving as sub-vendors for BEL.
- The equipment produced by BEL contributes to the ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ initiative
apart from the order from Cochin Shipyard, it has also received orders worth Rs 886 crore pertaining to the upgrade of AFNET SATCOM N/W, upgrade of Akash Missiles with RF Seeker, Inertial Navigation System, and other equipment with accessories and spares, etc.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business and Economy