Daily Current Affairs September 15
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 15. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 15| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs September 15
1. National Engineer’s Day is observed on?
A) September 11
B) September 12
C) September 13
D) September 14
E) September 15
Answer: E) September 15
- Date: September 15
- Day: National Engineer’s Day
- 1st Observed: 1968
- Theme: Not Announced
- Others: To mark the birth anniversary of Sir M. Visvesvaraya.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs September 15
2. Vinesh Phogat won bronze in which category?
A) 45 kg
B) 55 kg
C) 53 kg
D) 63 kg
E) 50 kg
Answer: C) 53 kg
- Indian wrestler and Commonwealth Games 2022 gold medalist Vinesh Phogat captured a bronze medal in the women’s 53 kg category at the ongoing World Wrestling Championships 2022 in Belgrade, defeating reigning European champion Emma Malmgren from Sweden.
3. SAFF U-17 Championship: India won against who among the following?
B) South Africa
E) Sri Lanka
Answer: A) Nepal
- India put up a clinical performance to clinch the SAFF U-17 Championship title, defeating a 10-man Nepal 4-0 in the Final, September 14, 2022, at the Racecourse International Stadium, in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- With this win, India retains the title.
4. Robin Uthappa announced retirement from all forms of Indian cricket, he made last representation in which year?
Answer: B) 2015
- Indian batter Robin Uthappa announced his retirement from all forms of Indian cricket.
- The batter, who last represented Team India in 2015, took to social media to make the announcement through a letter.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs September 15
5. Fitch slashed India’s FY23 GDP growth forecast to how many percent?
Answer: D) 7.0%
- Fitch Ratings slashed India’s GDP growth projection for FY23 to 7 percent, saying the economy is expected to slow against the backdrop of the global economy, elevated inflation, and high-interest rate.
- In June, it had forecast 7.8 percent growth for India.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 15
6. IG Iqbal Singh Chauhan took over as NE Coast Guard region commander, where is the headquarters?
E) Port Blair
Answer: A) Kolkata
- Inspector General Iqbal Singh Chauhan took over as the commander of Kolkata headquartered Coast Guard region (North East).
- Chauhan has commanded all classes of ICG ships during his more than three-decade-long career.
- Prior to assuming the present post, he was serving as deputy director general, Bureau of Naviks, at Mumbai.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs September 15
7. SpaceX will launch next batch of how many Starlink internet satellites?
Answer: C) 54
- SpaceX is targeting, September 15, for the launch of a new batch of Starlink internet satellites to low-Earth orbit.
- The Falcon 9 rocket carrying 54 Starlink internet satellites will lift off from Space Launch Complex 40 (SLC-40) at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.
- This launch will mark SpaceX’s 42nd mission so far this year.
- The first stage booster supporting this mission previously launched CRS-22, Crew-3, Turksat 5B, Crew-4, and CRS-25.
- Following stage separation, the first stage will land on the Just Read the Instructions droneship, which will be stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs September 15
8. Tata Power will develop how many MWp solar project at Tata Motors’ Pune plant?
A) 5 MWp
B) 8 MWp
C) 6 MWp
D) 7 MWp
E) 4 MWp
Answer: E) 4 MWp
- Tata Motors and Tata Power have entered into a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) to develop a 4-MWp on-site solar project at Tata Motors’ Pune commercial vehicle manufacturing facility.
- The installation is collectively expected to generate 5.8 million units of electricity, potentially mitigating over 10 lakh tonnes of carbon emission.
- This is equivalent to planting over 16 lakh teak trees over a lifetime.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 15
9. Andhra Pradesh will get how many digital libraries soon?
Answer: B) 4000
- Education Minister Botsa Satyanarayana said that nearly 4,000 digital libraries would be set up in the State.
- He was speaking at a review meeting with the District Library chairpersons.
- The minister said that Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is determined to develop libraries and make digital libraries available, in line with the changing times.
- He directed officials to submit proposals for the upgradation of libraries.
- Chief Secretary (School Education) B Rajasekhar said that the chairpersons should take measures to create interest among the students to read books.
10. Projects worth how many lakh crore get approval under PM Gati Shakti?
A) Rs 1.33 lakh crore
B) Rs 1.55 lakh crore
C) Rs 1.11 lakh crore
D) Rs 1.22 lakh crore
E) Rs 1.44 lakh crore
Answer: D) Rs 1.22 lakh crore
- Projects worth Rs 1.22 lakh crore have got approval under the PM Gati Shakti scheme.
- According to a report, two road, four petroleum, and six rail infrastructure projects have got approval under the scheme.
- Additionally, the VPLP Project of Balmer Lawrie (Vishakhapatnam Port Logistics Park Ltd) and the IOC ATF Pipeline project have also been approved under the PM Gati Shakti scheme.
- Earlier this year in June, the Ministry of Steel had identified 38 high-impact projects to develop multimodal connectivity and bridge infrastructure gaps under PM Gati Shakti.
- The PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan was launched on October 13, 2021.
- It envisioned a digital portal with all existing and planned infrastructure initiatives of 16 ministries and departments for coordinated planning and execution of projects.
- Central government departments, including Railways, Roads and Highways, Petroleum and Gas, Power, Telecom, Shipping, and Aviation are a part of it.
11. Luminous Power plannedhow many crore investment; to set up manufacturing unit in east India?
A) Rs 500 crore
B) Rs 700 crore
C) Rs 300 crore
D) Rs 600 crore
E) Rs 400 crore
Answer: A) Rs 500 crore
- By Gyanendra Kumar Keshri Luminous Power Technologies, a subsidiary of French industrial giant Schneider Electric, plans to invest Rs 500 crore in expanding its production capacity, including setting up a new manufacturing unit in the eastern part of India, the company’s managing director and CEO Preeti Bajaj.
12. Centre will sign tripartite peace agreement with how many militant outfits of Assam?
Answer: C) 5
- In another step to maintain peace as well as law and order, a tripartite peace agreement is expected to be signed with tribal outfit groups in Assam under the presence of Union Home Minister Amit Shah here in the national capital later.
- Top government sources told ANI that the agreement will be signed at the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- The peace agreement is expected to be signed by the Central government, Assam government and five rebel outfits of Assam– All Adivasi National Liberation Army, Adivasi Cobra Militants of Assam, Birsa Commando Force, Santhal Tiger Force and Adivasi People’s Army.
13. Union ministers Nirmala Sitharaman, Piyush Goyal, other leaders will attend LEADS 2022 in which of the following city?
E) New Delhi
Answer: E) New Delhi
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), announced that LEADS (Leadership, Excellence, Adaptability, Diversity, Sustainability) 2022 will be organized on 20-21 September, in New Delhi.
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal, Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar, Civil Aviation Minister JyotiradityaScindia, Minister of Labour and Employment, Environment, Forest and Climate Change Bhupender Yadav, and Former Minister Rajiv Pratap Rudy will be attending the event, here in the national capital.
- As per the release, LEADS 2022 has been curated as a strategic platform to ‘reimagine the world’ for global economic prosperity in this age of disruption.
- It will be a confluence of global business leaders, influencers, and opinion shapers across the spectrum of the world economy.
- This is the third edition of LEADS and it will have over 250 participants from around 50 countries.
- As per the release, LEADS 2022 will witness many global corporate leaders and 36 opinion shapers who wil be exchanging their ideas conferring on the 11 themes of manufacturing; food for all; innovation; mobility; digitalization; financing; healthcare; travel & tourism; environment; global supply chains.
14. Agri start-ups should strive to make India a global leaderUnion MoS who among the following was Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare?
A) Ajay Bhatt
B) Shobha Karandlaje
D) Bhagwat Karad
E) Shripad Naik
Answer: B) Shobha Karandlaje
- Agricultural start-ups should play a key role in hand-holding small-holder farmers in the country and ensure more income for their produce in the domestic and global markets, Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shobha Karandlaje.
- The initiatives of the Union government to support the agriculture sector through Agriculture Infrastructure Fund, RKVY, Oilseed Mission, promotion of FPOs, agri start-ups, and One District One Product (ODOP).
- At MANAGE-Samunnati Agri Startup Awards 2022 function held at MANAGE, Karandlaje gave away awards to 32 such agri start-ups.
15. Which of the following state/UT will host India’s first children’s literature festival in December?
D) New Delhi
E) West Bengal
Answer: D) New Delhi
- With an aim to boost young authors and readership across the country, the national capital will host India’s first literature festival for children.
- Titled the ‘Muskaan Literature Festival‘, the event will be centred around child authors.
- The one-of-a-kind festival will be organised by Prabha Khaitan Foundation and Education for All Trust in December this year.
- This unique literary festival will feature around 25 child authors, aged 8-14 years, from different parts of the country.
- Ruskin Bond unveiled the logo of the Muskaan Literature Festival for Child Authors earlier this month.
16. Which of the following state/UT governmentwill set up Value Added Agriculture Mission to boost productivity, farmers’ income?
D) New Delhi
E) West Bengal
Answer: A) Kerala
- The Kerala government decided to set up an ambitious mission in the agriculture sector to boost productivity and increase farmers’ income.
- The decision to set up the ‘Value Added Agriculture Mission‘ was taken in a state Cabinet meeting held during the day, a statement issued from the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO).
- It said the objective behind the decision was to increase farmers’ income, agricultural productivity, product storage, product prices, revenue from value addition activities and other related incomes.
- The mission would comprise a governing body headed by the Chief Minister as the chairperson with the state ministers of Agriculture and Industry being vice-chairpersons.
17. Who among the following minister launched portal for special cleanliness campaign?
A) Amit Shah
B) Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Jitendra Singh
E) Rajnath Singh
Answer: D) Jitendra Singh
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh launched a portal dedicated to cleanliness and reducing pendency of work in government offices as part of the special swachhata campaign 2.0, beginning October 2.
- The portal — www.pgportal.govlin/scdpm22 — has been developed by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) in the Union Ministry of Personnel.
18. What is the child Helpline Number?
Answer: E) 1098
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has clarified that distress calls landing on Child Helpline 1098 will henceforth also connect the caller with Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) Helpline No 112 for quick action.
- The clarification comes in response to media reports that 1098 was being transferred to the Ministry of Home Affairs and it would be operated under ERSS.
- The ministry said the interoperability was mooted as 1098 is limited to only 603 out of the more than 750 districts in the country.
19. Achieving target of 20 pc ethanol blending in petrol by 2025 will save how many lakh crore forex?
A) Rs 2 lakh crore
B) Rs 4 lakh crore
C) Rs 1 lakh crore
D) Rs 5 lakh crore
E) Rs 3 lakh crore
Answer: C) Rs 1 lakh crore
- If India achieves the target of blending 20 per cent ethanol with petrol by 2025, it will save around Rs 1 lakh crore of foreign exchange, Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
- In June 2021, the Narendra Modi government had set the target of achieving 10 per cent ethanol blending in petrol by November 2022, which was achieved five months in advance, he said after laying the foundation stone for Kribhco’s bioethanol plant at Hazira on the outskirts of Surat city.
- Achieving this target early made the government advance by five years the target of 20 per cent ethanol blending to 2025.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Science and Technology
Environment and Energy