Daily Current Affairs October 24&25
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 24&25. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 24&25| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 24&25
1. World Polio Day is observed on?
A) October 24
B) October 22
C) October 25
D) October 23
E) October 26
Answer: A) October 24
- Date: October 24
- Day: World Polio Day
- 1st Observed: 1985
- Observed By: Rotary International
- Theme: World Polio Day 2022 and Beyond: A healthier future for mothers and children
- Others: To commemorate the birth of Jonas Salk.
2. United Nations observed ___ anniversary on 2022?
Answer: C) 77th
- Date: October 24
- Day: United Nations Day
- 1st Observed: 1945 (77th anniversary)
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 24&25
3. India among how many teams finalised for Men’s 2022 World Team Chess Championship?
Answer: E) 12
- Teams from 12 top chess-playing nations including India, China, the United States and the Netherlands have been included in the lineup for the 2022 Men’s World Team Chess Championship here next month.
- The list for the competition, which begins on November 20, was completed after South Africa confirmed over the weekend that they would participate, the Israel Chess Federation (ICF).
- The other participating countries are China, the United States, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, India, Spain, France, Ukraine, the Netherlands, Poland, and the host Israel, reports Xinhua.
- Ahead of the competition, organised by the International Chess Federation (FIDE), the 12 teams will be divided into two pools of about the same strength, sorted by the average ratings of their players.
- After five rounds, the first four teams in each pool will advance to the quarterfinals.
- The final match will be played on November 25.
4. Max Verstappen gets record-tying ____ win at US Grand Prix?
Answer: B) 13th
- AUSTIN Max Verstappen and Red Bull started the United States Grand Prix determined to honor the memory of founder and team owner Dietrich Mateschitz and the racing powerhouse he built.
- He had already clinched his second consecutive season championship in Japan two weeks earlier.
- The Texas win was No. 13 this year, tying Michael Schumacher (2004) and Sebastian Vettel (2013) for most in a season with three races still to go.
- Since its founding, Red Bull has won six driver championships and five constructors’ titles.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 24&25
5. Pine Labs sees huge demand for its buy-now-pay-later service in hinterlands,in which year pine lab established?
Answer: D) 1998
- Fintech unicorn Pine Labs is scaling up its efforts to expand in India’s Tier-2 and 3 towns, and hinterlands.
- The firm is witnessing a huge demand for its Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) services among the offline merchant community during this festive season.
- Pine Labs expects to process BNPL transactions worth Rs 5,000 crore this month as an increasing number of customers in small towns are buying products from physical stores using EMI (equated monthly installment).
- These include products such as smartphones, wearables, large appliances, smart televisions, and washing machines.
- Other categories in which it is seeing huge demand include fashion, apparel, and lifestyle products.
6. How many lakh Demat accounts opened in India during July-September quarter: CDSL?
A) 48 lakh
B) 44 lakh
C) 46 lakh
D) 47 lakh
E) 45 lakh
Answer: A) 48 lakh
- The consistent increase in the number of new dematerialised accounts in India indicates that people here are increasingly participating in stock markets.
- As many as 48 lakh Demat accounts were opened in during the July-September quarter of the financial year 2022-23, Central Depository Services (India) (or CDSL), Asia’s first and only listed depository.
- Notably, CDSL has become the first depository to register 7 crore Demat accounts in the month of August 2022.
- Last week, the depository announced its audited consolidated and standalone financial results for the half-yearly year that ended September 30, 2022.
- The consolidated total income of the depository rose 7 per cent year-on-year to Rs 316 crore, whereas net profit declined 8 per cent to Rs 138 crore during the first half of 2022-23 (April-September), data showed.
- During the July-September quarter, total consolidated income rose 3 per cent year-on-year to Rs 170 crore, whereas net profit declined 7 per cent to Rs 80 crore.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 24&25
7. Xi Jinping became president of China for the ___ time?
Answer: C) 3rd
- Country: China
- Position: President
- Appointed: Xi Jinping (3rd time)
- Others: He became the first leader of the ruling Communist Party after party founder Mao Zedong to get re-elected for an unprecedented third term in power with the prospect of ruling China for life.
8. Who among the following became prime minister of United Kingdom?
A) Rishi Varma
B) Rishi Pandey
C) Rishi Gupta
D) Rishi Raj
E) Rishi Sunak
Answer: E) Rishi Sunak
- Country : United Kingdom
- Position : Prime Minister
- Appointed : Rishi Sunak (1st Asian)
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs October 24&25
9. ISRO renamed GSLV Mark-III as ____?
Answer: B) LVM-3
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has renamed the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Mark -III as Launch Vehicle Mark-III, mainly to identify its task of placing satellites into a variety of orbits.
- The LVM-3 rocket will also be used for India’s maiden human space flight tentatively scheduled for late 2024 and is also emerging as a favourite for ISRO’s commercial launches after the successful placing in orbits of 36 OneWeb satellites.
10. ISRO plans Sun and Moon missions in which year as well as commercial ones?
Answer: D) 2023
- The Indian space agency is having a busy launch schedule next year that includes commercial, navigation, sun and moon missions.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman S. Somanath said integration tests are happening with regard to the Chandrayaan-3 spacecraft.
- He said the space agency will look at June 2023 for the moon mission.
- The ISRO is also planning to have its mission to the sun with its satellite Aditya-L1, a coronagraphy spacecraft to study the solar atmosphere, an official told IANS.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs October 24&25
11. How many crores will be invested by Jakson Green in green hydrogen project in Rajasthan?
A) Rs 22400 crores
B) Rs 24400 crores
C) Rs 24200 crores
D) Rs 24100 crores
E) Rs 21400 crores
Answer: A) Rs 22400 crores
- Jakson Green has inked a pact to invest Rs 22,400 crore to set up a green hydrogen and green ammonia project, in phases, in Rajasthan.
- The company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the government of Rajasthan to this effect.
- Jakson Green will set up a 3,65,000 tons per annum Green Hydrogen & Green Ammonia plant along with an integrated hybrid renewable power complex in a phase wise manner.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 24&25
12. In which of the following country V. Muraleedharan participates at opening session of ‘Dakar International Forum on Peace and Security?
Answer: C) Senegal
- Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan participated at the opening session of ‘Dakar International Forum on Peace and Security in Africa’ in Senegal.
- The event was inaugurated by President of Senegal, Macky Sall in Dakar yesterday.
- Presidents of Angola and Cabo Verde, several Ministers and high level dignitaries were present on the occasion.
- India strongly supports the development priorities of Africa guided by 10 principles laid down by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Ugandan Parliament in 2018.
- This is the first time that India is participating in the forum at a Ministerial level.
- The Dakar International Forum has become a key event for decision-makers involved in Africa.
- The participation of Mr Muraleedharan in the Dakar Forum underscores the importance that India attaches to the peace, security and developmental issues concerning Africa.
- The visit is also in line with India’s policy to intensify and deepen its engagement with Africa.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 24&25
13. How many percent of TB patients adopted, Ni-kshay Mitra scheme sees lukewarm response from sponsors?
Answer: E) 18%
- In the last one-and-a-half months, only 18 per cent of the registered Tuberculosis (TB) patients have been adopted under the Centre’s new voluntary programme Ni-kshay Mitra, which was launched on September 9 to sponsor ration for needy TB patients.
- Finding sponsors has turned into an uphill task for the scheme, so government officials are stepping in to fill the gap.
14. Ayodhya Deepotsav scripts new Guinness World Record by lighting over how many lakh diyas?
A) 16.75 lakh
B) 15.76 lakh
C) 17.56 lakh
D) 15.67 lakh
E) 16.57 lakh
Answer: B) 15.76 lakh
- A new Guinness World Record for the ‘largest display of oil lamps‘ was set when more than 15.76 lakh earthen lamps were lit at the ‘Ram ki Paidi’ during the Yogi government’s Deepotsav celebrations in Uttar Pradesh’s Ayodhya on the eve of Diwali.
- The record was created in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Thousands of devotees, general public, dignitaries witnessed this historic event.
- The teachers and students of Awadh University, Ayodhya contributed largely to creating the record.
- Over 15.76 lakh earthen lamps were lit one by one with the chanting of ‘Shri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram’ as soon as the PM launched the festival.
- As the representatives of the Guinness Book of World Records announced the establishment of the record, the entire city of Ayodhya echoed with the chants of ‘Jai Shri Ram.’
- The Chief Minister received the certificate, and the Prime Minister congratulated him on the achievement.
- It is noteworthy that as many as 1.71 lakh lamps were lit in 2017, the year Deepotsav started in Uttar Pradesh under the Yogi Adityanath government.
- Since then the number is continuously increasing to 3.01 lakh in 2018, 4.04 lakh in 2019, 6.06 lakh in 2020, and 9.41 lakh in 2021.
15. Assam hiked Dearness Allowance for government employees by how many percent?
Answer: D) 4%
- Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sharma approved the proposal to increase the dearness allowance of government employees by four percent as a festive gift.
- After the official announcement by the chief minister, the rise will increase in Dearness Allowance from 34 percent to 38 percent.
- The hike will be in effect from July 2022 but will be payable with this month’s salary.
16. Which edition of National Pencak Silat championship inaugurated at Sher-e- Kashmir Indoor Sports Stadium in Srinagar?
Answer: A) 10th
- The 10th National Pencak Silat championship for Senior and master Men and Women was inaugurated amid enthusiasm and fervour at Sher-e- Kashmir Indoor Sports Stadium in Srinagar.
- The event sponsored by J&K Sports Council is being organized by the Pencak Silat Association of J&K under the banner of the Indian Pencak Silat Association.
- The three-day event is hosting 1200 participants including officials and match referees from 34 States and Union Territories, in addition to teams of Indian Police and Para-Military.
17. Central Railway will set up ‘Restaurant on Wheels’ at how many more stations in Maharashtra?
Answer: E) 4
- The Central Railway will soon set up ‘Restaurant on Wheels’ at four more stations in Maharashtra apart from two such existing facilities, to offer a unique experience to diners inside a modified coach mounted on rails.
- The CR opened one such restaurant at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) in Mumbai last year and another one at Nagpur station earlier this year under the Non-Fare Revenue Scheme.
- Similar restaurants will soon come up at Akurdi, Chinchwad, Baramati (all in Pune district) and Miraj (Sangli) stations under the scheme, the Central Railway (CR).
18. Uttar Pradesh govt bagged how many crores deal for data centre projects?
A) Rs 15000 crores
B) Rs 18000 crores
C) Rs 16000 crores
D) Rs 14000 crores
E) Rs 17000 crores
Answer: C) Rs 16000 crores
- Uttar Pradesh, which is looking to become a major data centre player in the South Asian region, has bagged projects worth Rs 16,000 crore in the new-age sector.
- A data centre is a facility that houses shared information technology (IT) activities and equipment to store, process, and disseminate information and applications.
- The government is in the process of amending its existing data centre policy to sweeten the deal for private sector investors.
- Under this proposed policy, the state is planning to set up smaller capacity data centres in the hinterland across the state.
- The policy will aim to attract private sector investment to attain Rs 30,000 crore in the next five years.
- Data centre projects in UP include those of Hiranandani Group, Adani Group, NTT Japan, and Web Werks, among others.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology
Environment and Energy