Daily Current Affairs October 26
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 26. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 26| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs October 26
1. Over how many crores e-KYC transactions carried out using Aadhaar in September?
A) 27 crores
B) 25 crores
C) 28 crores
D) 26 crores
E) 24 crores
Answer: B) 25 crores
- Over 25 crore e-KYC transactions were carried out using Aadhaar in September, almost 7.7 per cent higher than the levels seen in August.
- An e-KYC transaction is done with the explicit consent of the Aadhaar holder, and eliminates physical paperwork, and in-person verification requirement for Know Your Customer (KYC).
- In September alone, 25.25 crore e-KYC transactions were executed via Aadhaar, almost 7.7 per cent jump in such transactions when compared with August.
- The cumulative number of e-KYC transactions through Aadhaar so far has increased to 1,297.93 crore by the end of September.
2. CCI slapped how many crores fine on Google for abusing dominance?
A) Rs 946.44 crores
B) Rs 926.44 crores
C) Rs 956.44 crores
D) Rs 936.44 crores
E) Rs 916.44crores
Answer: D) Rs 936.44 crores
- In its second ruling against Google in less than a week, the Competition Commission slapped a penalty of Rs 936.44 crore on the internet major for abusing its dominant position with respect to its Play Store policies.
- The regulator has also directed the company to cease and desist from unfair business practices as well as carry out various measures to address the anti-competitive issues within a defined timeline.
- This is the second major CCI ruling against Google in less than a week. On October 20, the watchdog imposed a penalty of Rs 1,337.76 crore on the company for abusing its dominant position in multiple markets in relation to Android mobile devices and ordered the internet major to cease and desist from various unfair business practices.
- The Competition Commission of India (Commission) said it has imposed a penalty of Rs 936.44 crore on Google for abusing its dominant position with respect to its Play Store policies.
- The penalty amount translates to 7 per cent of the company’s average relevant turnover.
3. Sebi fined how many entities worth Rs 15 lakh in Deutsche Mutual Fund case?
Answer: A) 6
- Capital markets regulator Sebi has imposed penalties totalling Rs 15 lakh on six entities in a case pertaining to front-running the trades of Deutsche Mutual Fund, which is now known as DHFL Pramerica Mutual Fund.
- Those penalised by Sebi are — Kanchan Jena, Hemlata Dei Jena, Malati Lata Jena, Jayant Chhaparia, Abhishek Chhaparia and Progressive Share Brokers.
- They have been directed to pay the fine within 45 days, according to two separate orders passed by Securities and Board of India (Sebi).
- However, three sisters — Kanchan Jena, Hemlata Dei Jena, Malati Lata Jena — Jayant Chhaparia, Abhishek Chhaparia facilitated them in executing front-running trades during the investigation period from September 2014 and May 2015.
4. Adani Group will invest in passenger vehicle fleets for ancillary support to airports,in which year Adani Group founded?
Answer: C) 1988
- As a means of providing ancillary support to the traction at Adani Airports in Tier-I cities, the Adani group reportedly plans to invest in fleets of passenger vehicles that would be listed on ride-hailing mediums like Uber.
- There have already been discussions between Uber and Adani Group, which operates seven airports in the country.
- The two companies recently announced a partnership under which Adani Airports now has dedicated Uber pick-up zones at five of its seven airports.
- In addition to its airport business, the Ahmedabad-based group has been investing in other companies.
- The company signed an agreement with India’s largest independent aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul company, AirWorks, earlier this month, valued at Rs 400 crore.
5. BSE, NSE conduct muhurat trading on occasion of Diwali marking beginning of Samvat ____?
Answer: E) 2079
- The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE) conducted muhurat trading on the occasion of Diwali, marking the beginning of Samvat 2079.
- The Sensex at BSE and the Nifty at NSE gained around one percent.
- The Sensex closed at 59,832 and the Nifty settled at 17,731 level.
- Muhurat trading started at 6:15 pm and ended at 7:15 pm.
- The trading took place across various segments like equity, commodity derivatives, currency derivatives, equity futures & options, and securities lending & borrowing.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs October 26
6. Nomura Singapore sold how many percent stake in CSB Bank worth Rs 61 crore?
Answer: B) 1.52%
- Nomura Singapore divested 1.52 per cent stake in private sector lender CSB Bank for over Rs 61 crore through an open market transaction.
- According to bulk deal data available with the National Stock Exchange (NSE), Nomura Singapore offloaded 26,39,673 shares, amounting to 1.52 per cent stake in the company.
- The shares were disposed off at an average price of Rs 232.3 apiece, taking the transaction value to Rs 61.31 crore.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 26
7. Who among the following appointed as PFRDA member (Law)?
A) Narayana Rao Rathore
B) Narayana Rao Nayak
C) Narayana Rao Basha
D) Narayana Rao Battu
E) Narayana Rao Dev
Answer: D) Narayana Rao Battu
- The government has appointed Narayana Rao Battu, an Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Law and Justice, as member (Law) in the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
- The appointment is effective till he attains the age of 62 years or until further orders, whichever is earlier, the Department of Financial Services said in an order dated October 20.
- Prior to Battu, Pramod Kumar Singh was the whole-time member (Law) at PFRDA.
- There is still a vacancy for member (Economics) for which the process for selection is on, while Manoj Anand is member (Finance).
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs October 26
8. Webb telescope captures an entwined pair of interacting galaxies ____ million light-years away?
A) 270 million
B) 290 million
C) 260 million
D) 280 million
E) 250 million
Answer: A) 270 million
- The James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) has captured a spectacular image of IC 1623, an entwined pair of interacting galaxies which lies around 270 million light-years from Earth in the constellation Cetus.
- The two galaxies in IC 1623 are plunging headlong into one another, igniting a frenzied spate of star formation known as a starburst, creating new stars at a rate more than twenty times that of our home galaxy – the Milky Way.
- IC 1623 was captured across the infrared portions of the electromagnetic spectrum using a trio of Webb’s cutting-edge scientific instruments: MIRI, NIRSpec, and NIRCam.
- While the galaxy merger has previously been imaged by Hubble Space Telescope and by other space telescopes, Webb’s infrared sensitivity and its impressive resolution at those wavelengths allows it to see past the dust and has resulted in the spectacular image above, a combination of MIRI and NIRCam imagery.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs October 26
9. India to export green energy to Singapore from which year?
Answer: C) 2025
- India will for the first-time export green energy from 2025, with the first shipments going to a Singapore power plant under an MoU signed by an India-based dispatchable renewables company and Singapore’s energy business.
- The MoU to explore opportunities in green hydrogen potential in India will see Greenko group and Singapore’s Keppel Infrastructure working towards a 250,000 tonne per annum contract to be supplied to Keppel’s new 600Mw power plant in Singapore.
- Further, the contract for the export of green ammonia would also expand to cover bunker fuel through the Keppel network in Singapore’s network of bunker fuel supplies to ships, said Mahesh Kolli, President and Joint Managing Director of Greenko Group.
- Likewise, Greenko’s wide range of investments includes USD 5 billion in the storage of carbon-free green hydrogen energy across India.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs October 26
10. Department of Defence Production organises cleanliness drives in how many sites across the country?
Answer: E) 294
- Department of Defence Production has organised cleanliness drives in 294 sites across the country.
- The department has been conducting the Special Campaign 2.0 on Swachhta across its offices located in New Delhi and in all field offices and local units, since 2nd October this year.
- During the campaign, the department has disposed of nine pending issues from Members of Parliament and 231 general public grievances during the period.
- A sum of over 10 crores 72 lakh rupee has been realised in revenue so far from the sale of scrap and over 75 thousand square feet of space has been freed up.
11. Who among the following joined hand with Drone Federation to promote indigenous drone technology?
B) Indian Navy
D) Indian Army
E) Indian Air Force
Answer: B) Indian Navy
- The Technology Development and Acceleration Cell of the Naval Innovation Indigenisation Organisation (NIIO) under the Indian Navy and Drone Federation of India have joined hands to collaboratively work towards promoting indigenous development, manufacturing and testing of a drone, counter-drone, and associated technologies for the Navy.
- As a part of this collaboration, the Navy and the drone industry body will increase the Navy-industry-academia synergy, and source technology development challenges towards component indigenisation.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 26
12. Govt earned how many crores from disposing scrap?
A) Rs 255.21 crores
B) Rs 253.21 crores
C) Rs 256.21 crores
D) Rs 254.21 crores
E) Rs 252.21 crores
Answer: D) Rs 254.21 crores
- The Centre has earned Rs 254.21 crore from scrap disposal besides easing of 588 rules during the ongoing special cleanliness campaign, Union minister Jitendra Singh.
- He said 40 lakh files have been reviewed and 37.19 lakh square feet of space freed so far.
- Singh, the Minister of State for Personnel, said tremendous enthusiasm is being witnessed in ministries/department for institutionalising Swachhata and minimising pendency.
- Revenue of Rs 254.21 crore has been earned so far from the disposal of scrap. A total of 588 rules have been eased.
- The campaign has inculcated a behavioural change and led to innovation in governance.
- He said there were 68,363 Swachhata campaign sites and 40.52 lakh files (including e-files and physical files) were reviewed.
- The minister reviewed the progress of week 3 of special campaign 2.0 being implemented in all government offices of India and said significant progress was achieved in the period October 2-October 25, 2022.
- As many as 3,20,152 public grievances have been redressed, 37.19 lakh square feet of space was freed and 5,416 references from the Members of Parliament (MPs) were also processed.
13. Government will develop how many districts as export hubs?
Answer: A) 50
- With exports facing global headwinds, the Union Budget is likely to announce a ₹2,500 crore scheme to develop 50 districts as export hubs.
- The programme will help domestic producers in these districts to scale up manufacturing and find potential buyers outside India.
- Under the proposed scheme, the government will select 50 districts through a challenge, and they will receive ₹50 crore each.
- The districts will be assessed on parameters such as plans for exports, efforts to plug infrastructure and logistics gaps, and cluster approach to exports.
- As it will be a centrally sponsored scheme, the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has proposed that the Centre pays 60% of the estimated cost, with the rest borne by the respective states.
- This means that the Centre will likely allocate ₹1,500 crore for the programme.
14. Shri Ram temple in Ayodhya will be opened for devotees by which year?
Answer: C) 2024
- Almost 50% of the construction work of the Shri Ram temple in Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh has been completed. The temple will open for devotees in January 2024.
- Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust invited the media, for the first time, to see the progress of the Ram Temple.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inspected the construction work of the temple on the eve of Deepawali amidst the celebration of the grand Deepotsava in Ayodhya.
- The Ram Mandir is being built on a land spread across 2.77 acres and the estimated construction cost of the grand temple is around Rs. 1800 crore.
15. ‘Bestu Varsh’ being celebrated in which of the following state?
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Gujarat
- Gujarati New Year or Bestu Varsh is being celebrated on October 26.
- New Year is being celebrated with traditional zeal and fervor by Gujarati community across the globe.
- AIR correspondent reports that the Gujarati New Year, Vikram Sanvat 2079.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology
Environment and Energy