Daily Current Affairs October 07
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 07. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 07 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 07
1. World Cotton Day is observed on which date?
A) October 5
B) October 1
C) October 6
D) October 7
E) October 2
Answer: D) October 7
- The purpose of the international day is to maximize the importance of cotton, which range from its attributes as a natural fibre to the benefits people gain from its production, transformation, commerce, and consumption.
- The International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC) and the World Trade Organization (WTO) established the day.
- The Cotton-4 nations, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, and Mali, made an official proposal to the United Nations General Assembly on August 30, for the establishment of a World Cotton Day, which underlines the importance of cotton as a worldwide resource.
- Cotton is also one of India’s most important commercial crops, providing a living for around 6.00 million cotton farmers.
- Being the world’s second-largest cotton producer and largest consumer, India introduced its very first label and logo, “Kasturi Cotton.” on the occasion of the second World Cotton Day in 2020.
World Cotton Day: Theme
- The theme for World Cotton Day 2021 is “Cotton for Good”.
- This year the event will be organised virtually.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 07
2. The Indian women’s team of Manu Bhaker, Rhythm Sangwan and Naamya Kapoor won gold in the ______ pistol event at the International Shooting Sport Federation’s (ISSF) Junior World Championship?
Answer: E) 25m
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs October 07
3. What is the rank of Mukesh Ambani in Forbes India Rich List 2021?
Answer: E) 1
- Here is the full list of the top ten richest Indians:
|1||Mukesh Ambani||$92.7 billion|
|2||Gautam Adani||$74.8 billion|
|3||Shiv Nadar||$31 billion|
|4||Radhakishan Damani||$29.4 billion|
|5||Cyrus Poonawalla||$19 billion|
|6||Lakshmi Mittal||$18.8 billion|
|7||Savitri Jindal||$18 billion|
|8||Uday Kotak||$16.5 billion|
|9||Pallonji Mistry||$16.4 billion|
|10||Kumar Birla||$15.8 billion|
- According to Forbes, the cumulative wealth of the richest Indians witnessed a 50 per cent surge in the year two of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Magazine mentioned that India’s 100 richest are now worth $775 billion.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 07
4. The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard) has sanctioned an assistance of _____ to the Odisha government for construction of 24 bridges in the state?
A) Rs 303 crore
B) Rs 203 crore
C) Rs 103 crore
D) Rs 403 crore
E) Rs 603 crore
Answer: A) Rs 303 crore
- The rural infrastructure projects will improve connectivity for 24.13 lakh people in 823 villages across 13 districts.
- These projects have been approved under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF), Nabard said in a statement.
5. Which Securities Unveils A New Brand Tagline: “Choice Of The Wize”?
A) Yes Securities
B) ICICI Securities
C) SBI Securities
D) MAX Securities
E) PNB Securities
Answer: A) Yes Securities
6. Which bank conducts ‘customer outreach programme’ in J-K’s Srinagar?
A) ICICI Bank
B) Bank of India
C) Central Bank of India
D) Canara Bank
E) YES Bank
Answer: B) Bank of India
- With an aim to take mainstream banking to the people of Kashmir valley, the Bank of India (BOI) organised a “Customer Outreach Programme” at Jammu and Kashmir’s Srinagar.
- As per the nationalised Public Sector Bank’s (PSB) official release, the outreach programme marked the beginning of a series of similar programmes planned pan-India during the upcoming festival season.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs October 07
7. Which country writer Abdulrazak Gurnah was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature for works that explore the legacies of imperialism on uprooted individuals?
Answer: C) Tanzania
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 07
8. Mahalaya festival was celebrated in which country?
Answer: B) Bangladesh
9. India exports first consignment of Jackfruit, Passion fruit and Nutmeg products to which country?
Answer: A) Australia
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has facilitated exports of the first consignment of various value-added and nutri-rich products derived from jackfruit, Passion fruit and Nutmeg sourced from farmers in Thrissur, Kerala to Melbourne, Australia.
10. Which organisation has recommended the use of the first-ever malaria vaccine for children?
Answer: E) WHO
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 07
11. Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) said the ”heaviest” Semi-Cryogenic propellant tank (SC120- LOX) ever fabricated by it has been delivered to ____?
Answer: E) ISRO
- The semi cryo-liquid oxygen (LOX) tank – the first developmental welded hardware is a part of the SC120 stage, intended for payload enhancement by replacing the L110 stage in the existing Mk-III launch vehicle, the company said.
- Last year, HAL had delivered the biggest ever cryogenic Liquid Hydrogen tank (C32-LH2) which is four meters in diameter and eight meters in length, much ahead of the contractual schedule.
12. Which state announces ‘Mission Kavach Kundal’ scheme to boost up COVID-19 vaccination in state?
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Maharashtra
- With a target to administer 15 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses daily, the Maharashtra government announced Mission Kavach Kundal from October 8-14.
13. Which organization, Électricité de France ink pact for international power project development opportunities?
Answer: E) NTPC
- State-run power giant NTPC has inked a pact with Électricité de France S.A. (EDF) for cooperation in the international power sector.
- “EDF, one of the world’s leading power sector companies headquartered in Paris, France, and NTPC have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to explore potential power project development opportunities in the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and Africa,” a statement said.
- The two companies will also collaborate for knowledge sharing, research and development, technical services, and consultancy assignments globally.
14. ICMR launches MUDRA Toolbox for dementia patients in how many Indian languages?
Answer: C) 5
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) released the Multilingual Dementia Research and Assessment (MUDRA) Toolbox in five Indian languages – Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam.
- It is a collective effort by seven leading centres in India NIMHANS (Bengaluru), AIIMS (New Delhi), SCTIMST (Thiruvananthapuram), NIMS (Hyderabad), Apollo Hospital (Kolkata), Manipal Hospital (Bengaluru) and Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College.
- According to the Dementia India Report 2010 by Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders Society of India (ARDSI), there are approximately 5.29 million people living with dementia in India and this number is expected to increase to 7.61 million by 2030.
15. Which state has developed the country’s first smartphone-based eVoting solution considering the Covid-19 pandemic that has rushed the world into all-digital operations?
B) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Telangana
- The initiative has been driven by Telangana State Election Commission (TSEC) with the implementation support of Emerging Technologies Wing of Telangana ITE&C Department and the technical development by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC).
- The technical development has also been guided by an expert committee comprising Prof. Rajat Moona, Director of IIT Bhilai and Technical advisor to ECI, and professors from IIT Bombay and IIT Delhi.
- The solution has been successfully developed and tested, and it’s dry run in the form of a dummy election is being conducted in the Khammam district with the registration on the application open from Oct 8 to 18 and the dummy voting on Oct 20.
16. Which organization, Mastercard Launches ‘Digital Gyaan Se Vyapaar Nirmaan’?
Answer: C) CAIT
- The Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) and Mastercard, , launched ‘Digital Gyaan Se Vyapaar Nirmaan,’ a joint campaign to help small businesses across India acquire digital skills that are critical for their post-pandemic recovery and revival.
- The two organisations will work jointly to enable access to digital learning for 1 crore Indian traders in remote areas across 300 cities by 2022, via a series of virtual knowledge sessions allowing for a personalized learning experience.
17. Who dedicated 35 Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) Oxygen Plants established under PM CARES, across 35 States and Union Territories?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Gopal Rai
D) Parshottam Rupala
E) Rajeev Chandrasekhar
Answer: B) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated 35 Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) Oxygen Plants established under PM CARES, across 35 States and Union Territories, in an event held at All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) Rishikesh, Uttarakhand.
- With this, all districts of the country will have commissioned PSA Oxygen Plants, as per a government’s statement.
18. Bathukamma festival is held in ______?
B) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Telangana
- Hundreds of women dressed up in colourful attire and carrying flowers thronged the streets and temples of Warangal, Hanamkonda and Kazipet tri-cities to offer prayers on the first day of Bathukamma festival.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance