Daily Current Affairs October 08
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 08. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 08 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 08
1. Every year on 8 October, the country observes the Indian Air Force Day (IAF). This year in which edition?
Answer: A) 89
- As a proud moment for India, this year marks 89 years since the IAF’s foundation, because, on this day in 1932, the Air Force in India was officially recognised and raised as a supporting force of the Royal Air Force of the United Kingdom (UK).
- Also known as Bharatiya Vayu Sena, its first operational squadron or regiment came into being in April 1933.
World Egg Day:
- On October 8 this year, the ‘World Egg Day’ spreads awareness about the benefits of eating eggs daily.
World Egg Day 2021 Theme:
- Every year, World Egg Day is celebrated with a new theme.
- The theme of World Egg Day 2021 is ‘Eat your Egg today and every day’.
- The theme explains the importance of eggs in our daily nutrition and encourages people to include eggs in their daily diet.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs October 08
2. Popular poet of which language & film lyricist Piraisoodan passes away?
Answer: D) Tamil
- He won the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Lyricist for his songs in movies like ‘Thayagam’, ‘En Rasavin Manasile’ and ‘Neeyum Naanum’ in 1996,1991 and 2010 respectively.
- He wrote ‘Jagam Pughazum’, a Carnatic song that sums up the life of Thyagaraja.
- He was conferred the title “Kavi Gnaani” by the legendary late music director late M.S.Viswanathan.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs October 08
3. What is the rank of India in Henley Passport Index?
Answer: E) 90
|2||Germany, South Korea|
|3||Finland, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain|
|5||France, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden|
- India’s rank has slipped by six places from last year to 90 on the Henley Passport Index, which lists the world’s most travel-friendly passports.
- The Henley Passport Index comes at a time when countries are easing travel rules for international visitors after almost two years since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 08
4. RBI raises IMPS limit from Rs 2 lakh to _______ to promote digital transactions?
A) Rs 8 lakh
B) Rs 7 lakh
C) Rs 4 lakh
D) Rs 6 lakh
E) Rs 5 lakh
Answer: E) Rs 5 lakh
- IMPS managed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) is an important payment system providing 24×7 instant domestic funds transfer facility and is accessible through various channels like internet banking, mobile banking apps, bank branches, ATMs, SMS, and IVRS.
- With RTGS now operational round the clock, there has been a corresponding increase in settlement cycles of IMPS, thereby reducing the credit and settlement risks.
5. RBI projects Consumer Price Index inflation at ____ for FY 2022?
Answer: D) 5.3%
6. RBI retains economic growth forecast at _____ for FY ’22?
Answer: E) 9.5
- The Reserve Bank retained the GDP forecast for the current financial year at 9.5 percent and flagged global semiconductor shortages, elevated commodity prices, and potential global financial market volatility as downside risks to economic growth.
Highlights of RBI’s bi-monthly monetary policy:
|Policy Repo Rate||4.00%|
|Reverse Repo Rate||3.35%|
|Marginal Standing Facility Rate||4.25%|
7. RBI empanells which Bank as Agency Bank?
A) Dhanlaxmi Bank
B) Bank of Baroda
C) Central Bank of India
D) Punjab National Bank
E) YES Bank
Answer: A) Dhanlaxmi Bank
- Thrissur-based Dhanlaxmi Bank has been empanelled as ‘Agency Bank’ by the Reserve Bank of India to undertake general banking businesses of Central and State governments on behalf of the RBI.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank entered into agreement with the RBI at the Department of Government and Bank Accounts (DGBA), Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 08
8. Who is appointed as brand ambassador of CoinSwitch Kuber?
A) Ranveer Singh
B) Shahrukh Khan
C) Aamir Khan
D) Salman Khan
E) Akshay Kumar
Answer: A) Ranveer Singh
9. Who assumes charge as first Director General of the Ordnance Directorate?
A) E.R. Vinoth
B) E.R. Prabhu
C) E.R. Karthik
D) E.R. Sheikh
E) E.R. Sivan
Answer: D) E.R. Sheikh
- E.R. Sheikh assumed charge as first Director General of the Ordnance Directorate (Co-ordination and Services).
- It is the successor organization of Ordnance Factory Board (OFB).
- An Indian Ordnance Factory Service (IOFS) officer of the 1984 batch, he has been a spearhead of modernization.
- In particular, he has contributed to the establishment of the modern production line system for the manufacture of small arms ammunition at the Ordnance Factory Varangaon.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs October 08
10. The 2021 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to journalists Maria Ressa of ____ and Dmitry Muratov of _____ ?
A) USA, UK
B) Philippines, USA
C) USA, Russia
D) Philippines, Russia
E) Russia, Philippines
Answer: D) Philippines, Russia
- The 2021 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to journalists Maria Ressa of the Philippines and Dmitry Muratov of Russia.
- The Norwegian Nobel Committee cited their fight for freedom of expression, stressing that it is vital in promoting peace.
- “Free, independent and fact-based journalism serves to protect against abuse of power, lies, and war propaganda,” said Berit Reiss-Andersen, chair of the committee.
11. Filmmaker of which language B Gopal bags Satyajit Ray Award?
Answer: E) Telugu
- Well-known Telugu filmmaker B Gopal, alias Bejawada Gopal, has been chosen for the fourth Satyajit Ray Award for his overall contribution to the Indian cinema.
- Instituted by the Satyajit Ray Film Society Kerala, a state-based organisation, the award comprises Rs 10,000 cash prize, a memento and plaque.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 08
12. India and which country kickstarted a two-week military exercise at Chaubatia in Uttarakhand to further strengthen bilateral defence cooperation between the two countries?
Answer: C) UK
13. Which country officially joined the High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People?
Answer: D) India
- India officially joined the High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People, a group of more than 70 countries encouraging the adoption of the global goal to protect at least 30 per cent of the world’s land and ocean by 2030.
- India is the first of the BRICS bloc of major emerging economies (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) to join the HAC, the Union Environment Ministry said in a statement.
- India’s announcement comes in the lead up to a high-level biodiversity meeting in China from October 11 to 15.
14. India, which country to collaborate for academic research in traditional medicine systems?
Answer: D) Croatia
- Paving the way for academic collaboration in India’s traditional medicine systems, especially in the field of Ayurveda, the Ministry of Ayush entered into an agreement with Croatia .
- A Ministry of AYUSH release stated the Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) and Croatia’s Kvarner Health Tourism Cluster.
- AIIA is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Ayush.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 08
15. The Centre released a total of _______ to states and union territories in the current financial year as back-to-back loan to meet the shortfall in Goods and Services Tax (GST) compensation?
A) Rs 1,45,000 crore
B) Rs 1,35,000 crore
C) Rs 1,25,000 crore
D) Rs 1,15,000 crore
E) Rs 1,65,000 crore
Answer: D) Rs 1,15,000 crore
- The central government released a number of Rs 40,000 crore to the states and union territories with legislature under the back-to-back loan facility in lieu of GST compensation shortfall.
- Earlier on July 15, 2021 an amount of Rs 75,000 crore was released to the states and UTs with the legislature.
- With the current release, the total amount released in the current financial year as back-to-back loan in-lieu of GST compensation has reached Rs 1,15,000 crore.
16. Dussehra festival is celebrated in which state?
B) Andhra Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Andhra Pradesh
- In Andhra Pradesh, elaborate security arrangements have been made for the Dussehra Festival of Sri Durga Malleswara Swamyvarla Devasthanam atop of Indrakeeladri Hill at Vijayawada.
- The Dussehra Festival began and will continue till 15th October.
- At least 18 to 20 lakh devotees visit this temple to offer prayers of Goddess Durga during the Dussehra Festival season, but this time the number has been restricted to ten thousand a day due to COVID pandemic.
17. Which ministry launches ‘MyPortApp’ for digital monitoring of port operations?
A) Defence Ministry
B) Women & Child Development Ministry
C) Ports, Shipping and Waterways Ministry
D) Home Ministry
E) Textile Ministry
Answer: C) Ports, Shipping and Waterways Ministry
- Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways Shri Sarbanand Sonowal launched a port mobile application called MyPortApp in Kolkata.
- The App includes all port details digitally and monitor operations virtually.
- Targeted towards Port Users for availing various Port services, the App is aimed to promote transparency and easy access of port related information.
- The app also has various information like Vessel Berthing, Rake & Indent, Rake Receipt, Container Status, Tariff, Bills, Port Holidays, etc. and can be accessed anywhere 24×7 and reach out directly to port.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance