Daily Current Affairs October 03
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 03. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 03| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 03
1. International Day of Older Persons was observed on?
A) October 1
B) October 4
C) October 2
D) October 5
E) October 3
Answer: A) October 1
- Date: October 1
- Day: International Day of Older Persons
- 1st Observed: 1991
- Observed by: United Nations General Assembly
- Theme: Resilience of Older Persons in a Changing World
2. International Coffee Day was 1st observed on?
Answer: C) 2015
- Date: October 1
- Day: International Coffee Day
- 1st Observed: 2015
- Observed by: International Coffee Organization (ICO)
- Others: Nepal observed the first International Coffee Day on November 17, 2005.
3. World Habitat Day was observed on?
A) October 1
B) October 4
C) October 2
D) October 5
E) October 3
Answer: E) October 3
- Date: October 3
- Day: World Habitat Day
- 1st Observed: 1986
- Theme: Mind the Gap. Leave No One and Place Behind
- Others: First celebrated in 1986, Nairobi was the host city. The theme was “Shelter is My Right”.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 03
4. Virat Kohli became ____ Indian to complete 11,000 runs in T20 history?
Answer: B) 1st
- Star batter Virat Kohli became the first India to complete 11,000 runs in T20 history.
- Kohli achieved this feat during the second T20I against South Africa here at Barsapara Cricket Stadium, Guwahati.
- In the match after scoring 19 runs, Virat became the fastest to reach 11,000 T20 runs in just 354 matches.
- Kohli slammed a stunning six over the long-off in the Wayne Parnell’s over to reach this milestone.
- With that six in Parnell’s over Kohli registered his name in the history book to become the first India to complete 11,000 runs in T20 history.
- For a moment, everything was mesmerized by the beautiful shots that Suryakumar was playing but Kohli made his presence count with some quality shots around the park.
- In the match, India batter Suryakumar Yadav also entered the elite list as he completed 1000 runs in T20I and became the third fastest Indian batter to achieve this feat.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 03
5. Which of the following bank launched ‘Gram Seva Program’ across six states of India?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) Punjab National Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) State Bank of India
E) Indian Bank
Answer: D) State Bank of India
- On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, the State Bank of India announced that it will adopt 30 remote villages across India under the 4th phase of the ‘SBI Gram Seva’ program.
- Under the flagship scheme of the SBI Foundation, the bank will adopt remote villages across Aspirational Districts in Haryana, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, and West Bengal.
- Launched under the Corporate Social Responsibility of the bank, the program emphasises a comprehensive development of villages by active intervention in areas like education, healthcare, livelihoods, and infrastructure.
- As of now, the program has adopted 100 villages across 16 States in 3 phases.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs October 03
6. India’s geospatial economy is expected to cross how many crore rupees by 2025 at a growth rate of 12.8%?
A) Rs 63100 crores
B) Rs 63400 crores
C) Rs 63200 crores
D) Rs 63500 crores
E) Rs 63300 crores
Answer: A) Rs 63100 crores
- Science and Technology Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh said that India’s geospatial economy is expected to cross Rs. 63100 crore rupees by 2025 at a growth rate of 12.8 percent.
- Geospatial technology has become one of the key enablers in socio-economic development by enhancing productivity, ensuring sustainable infrastructure planning, effective administration, and aiding the farm sector.
- Dr. Singh said, Modi government is consistently playing an enabler’s role in expanding the scope of geospatial applications in multiple spheres to benefit every section of the society.
- The government has been digitizing and mapping the entire rural sector to ensure better planning and implementation of the developmental schemes.
- The Minister said, the Second United Nations World Geospatial Information Congress is scheduled to held in Hyderabad from 10th to 14th October this year.
- The conference will be attended by over two thousand delegates including 700 plus international delegates and participants from about 120 countries.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs October 03
7. Who among the following got Lifetime Achievement award in US?
A) Vivek Guru
B) Vivek Naik
C) Vivek Lall
D) Vivek Sharma
E) Vivek Oberai
Answer: C) Vivek Lall
- Vivek Lall, an Indian-origin General Atomics CEO, is honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award by US President Joe Biden with citation of ‘With Grateful Recognition’.
- The citation was given to Lall, who has done PhD in Aerospace Engineering from Wichita State University in Kansas, by the AmeriCorps and the Office of the President.
- It was also personally signed by the President of the United States.
- AmeriCorps is a part of the US Government.
- The organisation aims to foster activities that bring Americans closer together to “serve communities.” Dr Lall, an industry leader and scientific community titan works as Chief Executive at General Atomics.
- The company is a global leader in the specialised fields of nuclear technology and has developed state-of-the-art Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) like the Predator, Reaper and Guardian drones.
- Notably, before his leadership position in General Atomics, Dr Lall worked at other leading organisations like NASA, Raytheon, Boeing and Lockheed Martin; his experience and accolades have been considered unparalleled by many in the scientific community and by long-term industry watchers alike.
- He is serving as a US Technical Team Member to the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) Science and Technology (STO) with the Pentagon.
- He was appointed in a critical advisory role to the US Cabinet Secretary heading the Department of Transportation, encompassing entities like the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), in 2018.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs October 03
8. Who among the following unveiled 5G cosmos to help Indian telcos fiberise their networks for 5G?
Answer: E) STL
- STL (NSE: STLTECH), one of the industry’s leading integrators of digital networks,unveiled 5G Cosmos – an optical solution for towers and small cells – to lend speed to the 5G rollout.
- As India approaches the much-awaited 5G buildouts, telecom operators need to look at liberalisation with a futuristic lens.
- India’s liberalisation will increase ~3X to 60 Mn km annually.
- Tower and small cell fabrication will be big drivers.
- Tower fabrication must increase from ~35% to ~80% to provide high-quality 5G services.
- Additionally, 5G will require up to 4X small cells, backhauled with fibre.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs October 03
9. IAF inducted indigenously-built Light Combat Helicopter it was developed by who among the following?
A) Brahmos Aerospace
B) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
D) Larsen and Turbo
E) Bharat Dynamics Limited
Answer: B) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) inducted the first fleet of indigenously-built Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), which has been developed primarily for mountain warfare after a requirement for it was felt during the Kargil war in 1999.
- Developed by state-run aerospace major Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), the 5.8-tonne twin-engine gunship chopper is armed with air-to-air missiles, 20 mm turret guns, rocket systems and other weapons.
- The fleet comprising four helicopters was inducted into the IAF at a ceremony at the Jodhpur Air Force Station in presence of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari and other senior military officials.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 03
10. MoS Muraleedharan to embark on two-day visit to which of the following country?
Answer: D) Oman
- Minister of State for External Affairs and Parliamentary Affairs V Muraleedharan will kickstart his two-day visit to Oman to reinforce the shared commitment between both countries.
- The Union Minister will be in Oman from October 3-4.
- This will be his second visit to Oman and a part of the periodic exchange of high-level visits to reinforce the shared commitment to “ever-growing” relationship between both countries.
- During the visit, Muraleedharan will meet Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin HamoodAlbusaidi, Foreign Minister of the Sultanate of Oman and other senior dignitaries and engage in discussions on bilateral, regional and international issues of mutual interest.
- He will participate in a Community Reception and interact with a wide cross-section of the Indian community in Oman, particularly those in health, education, business, and social service sectors.
- There has been sustained and frequent exchange of high-level visits between both countries.
- In 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi also visited Oman, while External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar visited Oman in 2019.
- MoS himself visited Oman in December 2020.
- In recent months, Foreign Minister of Oman Sayyid Badr al-Busaidi visited India in March 2022, and Qais bin Mohammed al Yousef, Minister of Commerce, Industry and Investment Promotion visited India in May 2022.
- India and Oman share warm and friendly relations underpinned by historical and cultural linkages and strong people-to-people ties.
11. Which of the following country and Indianavies signed pact on White Shipping Information Exchange?
A) New Zealand
Answer: A) New Zealand
- Indian Navy signed an agreement on White Shipping Information Exchange with the Royal New Zealand Navy to promote greater transparency in the Maritime Domain, the Ministry of Defence.
- The agreement was signed between Navy chief Admiral R Hari Kumar and Rear Admiral David Proctor, Chief of Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN) during the former’s recent visit to the country.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 03
12. How many railway stations across country will be revamped with modern facilities?
Answer: C) 200
- As many as 200 railway stations across the country will get a facelift with modern amenities, Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw.
- He attended the foundation stone laying ceremony for a coach maintenance factory at the Aurangabad railway station in Maharashtra.
- Tendering process for 47 railway stations is completed while physical work has started at 32 stations.
- The government has prepared a master plan to revamp 200 railway stations.
- Overhead spaces will be created on the stations which will have world-class facilities including waiting lounges and food courts, besides amusement facilities for children.
- Railway stations will act as the ”platform” for the sale of regional products.
- The country will have 400 ‘Vande Bharat’ trains in future and 100 of these trains will be manufactured in the coach factory at Latur in Marathwada.
13. Which of the following state approved customised package for 32 projects, eyes Rs 1.42L cr investment?
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Rajasthan
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved a customised package for 32 projects that will attract an investment of more than Rs 1.42 lakh crore.
- These projects carry the potential to create at least 32,000 jobs.
- In the third meeting of the Board of Investment at the Chief Minister’s residence, Gehlot said the state government is committed to removing hurdles in investment.
- Proposals approved in the meeting were mainly related to companies in the renewable energy sector, plastic, glass manufacturing, manufacturing of electric vehicles, textiles and mines.
- Projects pertaining to minerals, food and beverage, hospitality, cement, auto and auto components, agriculture and agro-processing were also approved by the board.
14. Who among the following ministers launched Fit India Freedom Run 3.0 on Gandhi Jayanti?
A) Law and Justice Minister and Home Minister
B) Law and Justice Minister and Sports Minister
C) External Affairs Minister and Home Minister
D) Home Minister and Sports Minister
E) External Affairs Minister and Sports Minister
Answer: B) Law and Justice Minister and Sports Minister
- The Fit India Freedom Run 3.0 was launched at the Major Dhyanchand National Stadium in New Delhi.
- It was one of the most significant nationwide movements started by the Government of India during the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020 and the third edition was jointly launched with a Fit India Plog Run by Union Minister of Law and Justice, Kiren Rijiju and Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur.
- The Fit India Freedom Run’s third edition started, October 2 and will continue until October 31.
- Also in attendance were former Health Minister of India Harshvardhan Goel, Secretary Sports Sujata Chaturvedi, Director General, Sports Authority of India Sandip Pradhan, Fit India ambassador Ripu Daman Bevli as well as other officials from the Sports Ministry and SAI.
15. Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh launched, Special Swachhta Campaign 2.0 in which of the following state/UT?
B) West Bengal
D) New Delhi
E) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: D) New Delhi
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh launched the Special Swachhta Campaign 2.0 in New Delhi.
- The campaign focuses on Swachhata including disposal of scrap and reducing Pendency in Government.
- The special campaign launched on Bapu Jayanti from 2nd October to 31st October this year is aimed at ensuring timely and effective disposal of Public Grievances and disposal of scrap.
- Dr. Singh said, more than 67 thousand sites have been identified by Ministries and Departments of Government for conducting the cleanliness campaigns.
- The campaign is expected to cover over one lakh 50 thousand Post Offices, Railway Stations, and other public offices in mission mode during the month-long campaign.
16. Leh observed October as Jal Jeevan Maah, it is located in which of the following state/UT?
B) West Bengal
D) New Delhi
E) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: A) Ladakh
- In Ladakh, Leh District is observing October as Jal Jeevan Maah from the 2nd to the 31st of this month.
- Jal Jeevan Mission is providing safe and adequate drinking water to individual household tap connections to all in the districts.
- Since, the launch of the mission, over 13 thousand functional household tap connections, FHTCs, are being provided in the Leh district.
17. Who among the following launched YUVA 2.0 scheme for mentoring young authors?
A) Home Minister
B) Finance Minister
C) Prime Minister
D) Defence Minister
E) External Affairs Minister
Answer: C) Prime Minister
- Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors – YUVA 2.0 was launched on October 2, to promote reading, writing, and book culture in the country.
- In view of the significant impact of the first edition of YUVA with large-scale participation from young and budding authors in 22 different Indian languages and English, YUVA 2.0 has been launched.
- Education Ministry said, the launch of YUVA 2.0 (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) is in tune with the Prime Minister’s vision to encourage the youth to understand and appreciate India’s democracy.
- It will help to develop a stream of writers who can write on a spectrum of subjects to promote the Indian heritage, culture, and knowledge system.
- The Ministry said, a total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest to be conducted through www.mygov.in from 2nd October – 30th November this year.
- The winners will be announced on 28 February next year.
- The young authors will be trained by eminent authors and mentors from 1st March to 31st August 2023.
18. Which of the following ministry organised special campaign from October 15 to deepen financial inclusion framework in country?
A) Ministry of External Affairs
B) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
C) Ministry of Defence Minister
D) Ministry of Home Affairs
E) Ministry of Finance
Answer: E) Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Finance will organise a special campaign from 15th October to 26th of next month with a view to further deepen the financial inclusion framework in the country.
- The campaign will initially be rolled out at the Gram Panchayat level in seven districts of the country.
- They include Cuttack in Odisha, Aurangabad, and Pune in Maharashtra, Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh, Kaushambi in Uttar Pradesh, Datia, in Madhya Pradesh, and Barpeta in Assam.
- Office of the Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in a tweet said, the campaign will focus on achieving saturation in respect of bank accounts, insurance and pension schemes for eligible individuals as well as distribution of Loans to Farmer Produce Organisations and SelfHelp Groups for the establishment of Cold-Chain infrastructure.
- Besides, it will also concentrate on expanding the coverage of MUDRA and Kisan Credit Cards penetration for persons engaged in animal husbandry, dairy, and fisheries and bringing Self Help Group members within the ambit of the financial ecosystem of the country.
- Mobile and Aadhaar seeding of existing accounts with a special focus on making small accounts normal accounts by doing full KYC will also be part of the financial inclusion campaign.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology