Daily Current Affairs November 28
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs November 28. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November 28 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Sports – Daily Current Affairs November 28
1. ______ become the 1st Indian to score century and half-century on Test debut?
a) Dinesh Karthik
b) Suresh Raina
c) Rohit Sharma
d) Risabh Pant
e) Shreyas Iyer
Answer: e) Shreyas Iyer
- The very first century in the debut match was scored by Australia’s Charles Bannerman on 15 March 1877 while Lala Amarnath was the first Indian batsman who scored a century in his debut Test match.
- Shreyas Iyer became the first Indian to score a century and a half-century on Test debut.
- Iyer slammed his maiden Test century (105) on Day 2 of the Kanpur Test in India’s first innings against New Zealand.
- He then became the 16th Indian to score a century on Test debut.
- With 170 runs in the match, Iyer became the third-highest run-scorer for India on debut.
- Shikhar Dhawan (187) against Australia in Mohali in 2012 is still the highest scorer for India while Rohit Sharma (177) stands on second.
2. Para Powerlifting World Championships 2021 is held in which place?
a) Tokyo, Japan
b) Vienna, Austria
c) Tbilisi, Georgia
d) Amman, Jordon
e) Cairo, Egypt
Answer: c) Tbilisi, Georgia
- India para powerlifter Parmjeet Kumar clinched a bronze medal at the World Championships 2021 here in Tbilisi, Georgia.
- He bettered his personal best 146kg by lifting 158kg in the 49kg weight category and earned a podium finish.
- Egypt’s Omar Qarada won gold by lifting 174kg, while Van Cong Le of Vietnam settled for silver with 170kg lift.
Women: Manreet Singh (49Kg), Sakina Khatun (45Kg), Raj Kumari (55kg), Geeta (67Kg), Bhawana Sharma (86kg)
Men: Parmjit Kumar ( 49Kg), Ashok (65Kg), Jai deep (73 kg), Sudhir (88kg), Sachin Chaudhary (107kg).
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs November 28
3. Which brand topped in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) category of the Kantar’s BrandZ India 2021 report?
b) Tata Tea
c) Surf Excel
e) Taj Mahal Tea
Answer: b) Tata Tea
- Kantar conducted an analysis of 418 brands across 30 categories in India in its eighth annual report.
- The rankings—split into three categories—rated technology, fast moving consumer goods as well as non-tech FMCG brands.
Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
|2nd||Surf Excel (Hindustan Unilever)|
|3rd||Taj Mahal Tea|
Non-Fast Moving Consumer Goods (non FMCG)
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 28
4. Which country announced Euro 1.2 billion to India fight against Climate Change?
Answer: b) Germany
- Germany has announced new development commitments to the tune of more than EUR 1.2 billion (approx. INR 10,025 crore) to aid India’s fight against climate change and for cooperation on clean energy.
5. India, Sri Lanka and which country navies conducted joint exercise in Southern Arabian Sea?
d) United States
Answer: a) Maldives
- Maiden ‘Colombo Security Conclave (CSC) Focused Operation’ is being conducted between the lead Maritime Security Agencies of India, Maldives and Sri Lanka in the Southern Arabian Sea.
- The exercise is being held on November 27 and 28.
- Ships and aircraft of Indian Navy (IN), Maldives National Defence Force (MNDF) and Sri Lankan Navy (SLN) are participating and operating over a vast area in the Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZ) of the three countries.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 28
6. Which Ministry will commemorate ‘Azadi Ka Digital Mahotsav’ from November 29 to December 5?
a) Finance Ministry
b) Home Ministry
c) Health Ministry
d) Meity Ministry
e) External Affairs Ministry
Answer: d) Meity Ministry
- As India celebrates 75 years of Independence, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) will commemorate a week-long celebration of ‘Azadi Ka Digital Mahotsav’ from November 29 to December 5.
- The key themes of events scheduled during the week are Digital India, Making India Aatma Nirbhar in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing, Empowering CSCs, Making India Aatma Nirbhar in Swadeshi Compute Designs, Citizen Engagement by MyGov and Digital Payments Utsav.
- Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture and achievements.
7. Which city to become first Indian city to start ropeway service in public transportation?
d) Gandhi Nagar
Answer: c) Varanasi
- Varanasi will become the first Indian city to start ropeway service as a mode of public transport, informed Deepak Agrawal, Divisional Commissioner of Varanasi
- It will be based on a public-private partnership (PPP) model with a capacity of 4,500.
- Initially, it will be a 3.45 km stretch covering Cantt Railway Station, Sajan Tiraha, Rathyatra, and Girja Ghar Chauraha.
8. Who among the following launched the River Cities Alliance (RCA) platform?
a) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
b) N S Tomar
c) Dharmendra Pradhan
d) Amit Shah
e) Narendra Modi
Answer: a) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
- Union Minister for Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat (25 November) launched the River Cities Alliance (RCA), a dedicated platform for river cities in India to ideate, discuss and exchange information for sustainable management of urban rivers.
- In the meeting of the National Ganga Council held at Kanpur in December 2019, the prime minister had highlighted the need for a new river centric thinking in planning for cities on the banks of rivers.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga and National Institute for Urban Affairs have collaborated to launch the River Cities Alliance.
Over All Review