Daily Current Affairs November 27
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs November 27. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November 27 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs November 27
1. National Cadet Corps (NCC) is celebrating ____anniversary of its raising day in 2021?
Answer: d) 73rd
- National Cadet Corps (NCC), the largest uniformed youth organisation in the world, is celebrating its 73rd anniversary of its raising on November 28, 2021.
- Director General NCC Lt Gen Gurbirpal Singh laid wreath and paid homage to the fallen heroes on behalf of the entire NCC fraternity at the National War Memorial, in New Delhi on November 27, 2021.
- The cadets and Associate NCC Officers, led by example in activities such as ‘Ek Bharat Shresht Bharat’, ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ and ‘Fit India’.
Diplomats’ Day organised by TRIFED and Ministry of External Affairs:
- Prime Minister’s vision for Vocal for Local and building a self-reliant India, and to introduce the rich tribal heritage to international audiences, a Tribes India Conclave was organized in association with the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India at Tribes India Aadi Mahotsav on Saturday, 27th November 2021.
- The event was attended by around 100 diplomats from more than 20 foreign missions in India besides senior officials from the Ministry of External Affairs and other ministries.
- The dignitaries included diplomats from over 20 countries such as Poland, Kiribati, South Korea, Mexico, Thailand, Laos, Switzerland, Bangladesh, Maldives, US and Brazil to name a few.
- A separate GI store which features renowned, exquisite items such as Rajasthan’s blue pottery, the Kota Doriya fabric, Madhya Pradesh’s Chanderi and Maheshwari silk, Bagh print, Odisha’s Pattachitra, Karnataka’s Bidriware, Banarasi silk from Uttar Pradesh, Darjeeling tea from West Bengal, Kala jeera from Himachal Pradesh, the extremely spicy Naga chilli, and the large cardamom from the North-east can also be visitedin the Aadi Mahotsav.
2. National Organ Donation Day is celebrated on which date?
a) 26th November
b) 25th November
c) 27th November
d) 28th November
e) 24th November
Answer: c) 27th November
- The day has been observed for the last 10 years.
- The main objective of the national organ donation day is to spread awareness among people and to recognize the selfless efforts made towards mankind, and re-establish our belief in humanity.
- The first time organ donation day was celebrated in 2010.
- Under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, it is organised by National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO).
Sports – Daily Current Affairs November 27
3. Who won the Malaysian Open Squash Tournament title?
a) Deepak Kumar
b) Harindar Pal Sandhu
c) Ramit Tandon
d) Saurav Ghosal
e) Mahesh Mangaonkar
Answer: d) Saurav Ghosal
- Indian squash player Saurav Ghosal won his first PSA title in three years when he triumphed at the Malaysian Open with a straight set win over top seed Miguel Rodriguez.
- Second seed and ranked 15th in the world, Ghosal defeated Rodriguez 11-7 11-8 13-11 in 55 minutes to win his 10th PSA title.
- The last time he clinched a title on the PSA Tour was in 2018 when he won Kolkata International Open.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs November 27
4. 1st Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) Report is released by which Organisation?
b) NITI Aayog
c) Government of India
Answer: b) NITI Aayog
- According to the report, India’s national MPI measure uses the globally accepted and robust methodology developed by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- India’s MPI has three equally weighted dimensions, health, education and standard of living – which are represented by 12 indicators namely nutrition, child and adolescent mortality, antenatal care, years of schooling, school attendance, cooking fuel, sanitation, drinking water, electricity, housing, assets and bank accounts.
Highest Poverty States
|Lowest Poverty States|
|1st||Bihar (51.9%)||1st||Kerala (0.71%)|
|2nd||Jharkhand (42.16%)||2nd||Goa (3.76%)|
|3rd||Uttar Pradesh (37.79%)||3rd||Sikkim (3.82%)|
|4th||Madhya Pradesh (36.65%)||4th||Tamil Nadu (4.89%|
|Highest Poverty UT||Lowest Poverty UT|
|1st||Dadra and Nagar Haveli (27.36%)||1st||Puducherry|
|2nd||Jammu & Kashmir 12.58%)||2nd||Lakshadweep|
|2nd||Ladakh (12.53%)||3rd||Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|4th||Daman & Diu (6.82%)|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs November 27
5. How much penalty imposed on State Bank of India for compliance deficiencies?
a) Rs 1 crore
b) Rs 2 crore
c) Rs 5 crore
d) Rs 50 lakh
e) Rs 20 lakh
Answer: a) Rs 1 crore
- Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rs 1 crore on State Bank of India (SBI) for deficiencies in regulatory compliance.
- According to RBI, Statutory Inspections for Supervisory Evaluation (ISE) of SBI was conducted with reference to its financial positions as on March 31, 2018 and March 31, 2019.
- RBI said the penalty is based on deficiencies in regulatory compliance and was not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by SBI with its customers.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs November 27
6. Who has been appointed as Executive Chairman of Ashok Leyland?
a) Vipin Sondhi
b) Deepak Mehta
c) Dheeraj Hinduja
d) Bipin Anand
e) Umesh Kullar
Answer: c) Dheeraj Hinduja
- Ashok Leyland, the flagship company of the Hinduja Group, announced that Vipin Sondhi has decided to step down from the post of managing director and chief executive officer of the company with effect from December 31, 2021.
7. Sanjay Dutt appointed as brand ambassador of Golden Jubilee Celebration of which State?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: d) Arunachal Pradesh
- As part of 50 years celebration of Arunachal Pradesh, the ‘Core Committee 50 Years Celebration’ has roped in superstar Sanjay Dutt as the Brand Ambassador for a month-long statewide celebration starting from January, 2022.
- The month-long Golden Jubilee celebrations will commence at Ziro in Lower Subansiri district on January 2022, as it was in Ziro that Arunachal Pradesh got its name and Union Territory status in the year 1972.
- The closing ceremony will be held in Itanagar on the occasion of the Statehood Day on February 20.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 27
8. What is name of the new COVID-19 variant B.11.529 which was detected in South Africa?
Answer: b) Omicron
- This variant has a large number of mutations, some of which are concerning. Preliminary evidence suggests an increased risk of reinfection with this variant, as compared to other (variants of concern).
- The WHO said, this variant has been detected at faster rates than previous surges in infection, suggesting that this variant may have a growth advantage.
- Current PCR tests continue to successfully detect the variant.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 27
9. Jitendra Singh launched drone based delivery services in which State/UT?
c) Tamil Nadu
d) New Delhi
e) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: e) Jammu & Kashmir
- Jitendra Singh launched Drone based Vaccine/Emergency Medicine Delivery service close to International Border near Jammu.
- Inspired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, this is CSIR initiative under Ministry of Science and Technology, contributing to Har Ghar Dastak campaign.
- India makes use of science and technology to safeguard the interests of humanity.
Rajeev Chandrasekhar launched a pilot project to revive ‘Namda’ craft in J & K:
- He said that efforts are afoot to increase the carpet export from Rs 600 crore to Rs 6,000 crore.
- The Union Minister of State for Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Electronics and Information Technology launched two ambitious projects of ‘Revival of Namda craft of Kashmir as a special pilot project under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 3.0’ and ‘Upskilling of artisans and weavers of Kashmir under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), component of PMKVY’
10. Who inaugurated two day ‘Smart Urban Framing Expo’ in New Delhi?
a) Arvind Kejiriwal
b) Narendra Modi
c) Manish Sisodia
d) Narendra Singh Tomar
e) Amit Shah
Answer: c) Manish Sisodia
- Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader and Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia inaugurated the two-day ‘Smart Urban Farming Expo’ in Delhi’s Thyagaraj Stadium in order to start a movement towards mass adoption of urban farming in the national capital.
- It was organised by the Dialogue and Development Commission of Delhi (DDC), in partnership with Urban Gro, Indian Society of Agricultural Engineers (ISAE) and Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI).
- The Expo is being organised with the futuristic vision of bringing a new revolution of urban farming in Delhi so that it reaches every rooftop and balcony in Delhi.
Narayana Rane launches anti-bacterial fabric developed by Kumarappa National Handmade Paper Institute:
- Union Minister for MSME Shri Narayana Rane launched the unique anti-bacterial fabric developed by Kumarappa National Handmade Paper Institute, Jaipur, under KVIC.
- The Minister also lauded the innovative Khadi Prakritik Paint made from cow dung and the unique plastic-mixed handmade paper developed by the Institute.
11. Which state Tourism launched STREET Project for experiential tourism?
c) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: d) Kerala
- In a pioneering initiative to take tourism deep into the state’s interiors and rural hinterland, Kerala Tourism will launch the ‘STREET’ project in select spots in seven districts.
- In the first phase, the project would be implemented in Kadalundi in Kozhikode, Thrithala and Pattithara in Palakkad, Pinarayi and Ancharakkandi in Kannur, Maravanthuruthu and Manchira in Kottayam, Valiyaparamba in Kasaragod, Kanthalloor in Idukki and Chekadi in Wayanad.
- The project, conceived by the Responsible Tourism Mission, is inspired by the ‘Tourism for Inclusive Growth’ slogan of The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
- The STREET is an acronym for Sustainable, Tangible, Responsible, Experiential, Ethnic, Tourism hubs.
12. Model Retail Outlet Scheme launched by which of the following organizations?
i) Indian Oil
ii) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
iii) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
a) Only i & ii
b) Only ii & iii
c) Only i & iii
d) Only i
e) All i, ii, iii
Answer: e) All i, ii, iii
- Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited have announced the launch of Model Retail Outlet Scheme and a Digital Customer Feedback Program called Darpan@petrolpump.
- Three oil PSUs have joined hands to launch Model Retail Outlets to enhance service standards and amenities, across their networks, which serve over 6 Crore consumers everyday.
- The initiative was inaugurated by Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Housing and Urban Affairs, Govt. of India, in the august presence of Shri Rameswar Teli, Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas & Labour and Employment, Govt. of India and Shri Tarun Kapoor Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Govt. of India.
- The scheme involves an intense 5 Level evaluation process of over 70000 retail outlets in the country on a set of core service and facility parameters as well as standard of customer amenities e.g., clean and hygienic washrooms, customer centric innovative offerings etc.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance