Daily Current Affairs November 12
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs November 12. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November 12 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs November 12
1. Public Service Broadcasting Day is observed on which date?
Answer: B)12 November
Public Service Broadcasting Day:
- November 12 is celebrated across the country as Public Service Broadcasting Day every year since 2001, when the NDA government under then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was in power.
- The day is remembered as such as Mahatma Gandhi had addressed India’s largest refugee camp in Kurukshetra in 1947 on this day via All India Radio.
- The 50th anniversary of the event was first celebrated in 1997, following which the day was officially declared Public Service Broadcasting Day four years later.
- The place known as Kurukshetra has special significance for Hindus with its mention in the Mahabharata.
World Pneumonia Day:
- Every year World Pneumonia Day is observed on November 12, 2021.
- This day came into effect in the year 2009 to raise awareness regarding the complications and issues related to pneumonia.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the rate of severity is more in children less than 5 years of age.
- Therefore, precautions need to be taken to prevent the disease at an early stage.
- Pneumonia is a disease that affects the lungs and aggravates the air sacs of the lungs.
- This might happen because the lungs are filled with discharge or liquids.
- The symptoms can be mild or severe in kids less than 5 years of age to adults more than 65 years of age who have the risk of suffering this disease.
World Pneumonia Day 2021: Theme
- This year’s theme is dedicated to fight against the disease and reducing the burden of disease on health organisation.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs November 13
2. _____ joins hand with All India MSME Association to promote listing of MSMEs, startups?
A) Singapore Stock Exchange
B) New York Stock Exchange
Answer: E) BSE
- So far, 353 companies listed on the BSE SME Platform have raised Rs 3,732 crore from the market, and the total market capitalisation of such firms stood at Rs 40,716 crore. Out of 353 companies, 122 have migrated to BSE Main Board.
- BSE is the market leader in this segment, with a market share of 61 per cent.
3. ______ , Department of Posts and Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance partner to offer term and annuity products?
A) India Post Payment Bank
B) Fino Payment Bank
C) NSDL Payment Bank
D) Jio Payment Bank
E) Airtel Payment Bank
Answer: A) India Post Payment Bank
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB), Department of Posts and Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company (BALIC) announced a strategic partnership for offering term and annuity products to customers through the Bank’s extensive network of 650 branches and over 136,000 banking access points.
- The tie-up will enable customers, particularly from weaker sections and living in unbanked and underserved areas, to become financially secure and empowered, and is in line with IPPB’s objective of offering value-added products and services to its customers.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs November 12
4. Former chairman of _____ PC Mody appointed as new secretary general of Rajya Sabha?
Answer: B) CBDT
- Less than three months after being appointed as the secretary general of the Rajya Sabha, PPK Ramacharyulu has been replaced with former CBDT chairman PC Mody, sources said.
- Mody has been appointed as the new secretary general of the Rajya Sabha just weeks before the commencement of the Winter Session of Parliament, which is expected to start from November 29.
- Mody, a former chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), will be the new secretary general of the Upper House of Parliament.
- Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu has signed an order to this effect, sources in the Rajya Sabha Secretariat said.
- Ramacharyulu has now been appointed as an advisor in the Rajya Sabha Secretariat, they added.
- Ramacharyulu was appointed as the secretary general of the Rajya Sabha on September 1. No reason has been given for his replacement, the sources said.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs November 12
5. _____ delivers new crew of 4 to station, ‘glorious sight’?
Answer: E) SpaceX
- A SpaceX capsule carrying four astronauts has pulled up at the International Space Station, their new home until spring.
- It took 21 hours for the flight from NASA’s Kennedy Space Centre to reach the glittering outpost.
- The one German and three US astronauts said it was an emotional moment when they first spotted the space station 20 miles (30 kilometres) distant — ”a pretty glorious sight,” according to Raja Chari, commander of the Dragon capsule.
- The station’s welcoming committee consisted of three astronauts instead of the originally planned seven.
- That’s because SpaceX returned four of the station residents , after the new arrivals’ launch kept getting delayed.
- While Chari, Marshburn, Maurer and NASA astronaut Kayla Barron were adapting to weightlessness — all but Marshburn are space rookies — the previous crew was adjusting to life back on Earth.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 12
6. Which edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy is being conducted from 12 – 14 November 2021?
Answer: D) 32
- The 32nd edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy is being conducted from 12 – 14 November 2021.
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Karmuk, an indigenously built Missile Corvette and His Majesty’s Thailand Ship (HTMS) Tayanchon, a Khamrosin Class Anti-submarine Patrol Craft, along with Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both navies are participating in the CORPAT.
- As part of Government of India’s vision of SAGAR (Security And Growth for All in the Region), the Indian Navy has been proactively engaging with the countries in the Indian Ocean Region towards enhancing regional maritime security.
- This has been through bilateral and multilateral exercises, Coordinated Patrols, Joint EEZ Surveillance, and Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 12
7. Ministry of Tourism signs MoU with _____ to boost hospitality and tourism industry?
Answer: E) IRCTC
- Ministry of Tourism in its ongoing effort to strengthen the Hospitality & Tourism Industry has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) on 10.11.2021.
- Ministry of Tourism has already signed similar MOUs with Easy My Trip, Cleartrip, Yatra.com, Make My Trip and Goibibo.
- The primary objective of this MOU is to provide extensive visibility to accommodation units, which have self-certified themselves on SAATHI (System for Assessment, Awareness & Training for the Hospitality Industry) on the OTA platform.
8. Who launches scheme for retail participation in govt securities?
A) Sandhosh Kumar
B) P C Iyar
C) S P Kochar
D) Narendra Modi
E) Arjun Munda
Answer: D) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched two customer-centric initiatives of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) intending to provide opportunities to retail investors to participate in the government securities market and contribute towards nation-building.
- The two initiatives of RBI — retail direct scheme and integrated ombudsman scheme — will also promote financial inclusion, he said.
- The Prime Minister, while launching two innovative, customer-centric initiatives, said these schemes would expand the scope for investment and improve the customer grievance redressal mechanism.
- The retail direct scheme, he said, would provide access to small investors to earn assured returns by investing in securities and it will also help the government to garner funds for nation-building.
- On the Reserve Bank-Integrated Ombudsman Scheme (RB-IOS), he said, it is aimed at further improving the grievance redress mechanism for resolving customer complaints against entities regulated by the central bank.
- With the launch of the scheme, he said, ”One Nation-One Ombudsman” has become a reality.
- The RBI Retail Direct Scheme is aimed at enhancing access to the government securities market for retail investors.
- It offers retail investors a new avenue for directly investing in the securities issued by the center and the state governments.
- The investors will be able to easily open and maintain their government securities accounts online with the RBI for free.
- Leveraging technological advancements, the scheme offers a portal avenue to invest in central government securities, treasury bills, state development loans, and sovereign gold bonds.
- The scheme places India in a list of select few countries offering such a facility.
- This scheme (RB-IOS) will do away with the jurisdictional limitations as well as limited grounds for complaints.
- RBI will provide a single reference point for the customers to submit documents, track the status of complaints filed and provide feedback.
- The complaints that are not covered under the ombudsman scheme will continue to be attended to by the Customer Education and Protection Cells (CEPCs) which are located in the 30 regional offices of RBI.
- With increased awareness, digital penetration, and financial inclusion there was a steep rise in the number of complaints against various regulated entities.
- The number of complaints shot up from 1.64 lakh in 2017-18 to 3.30 lakh complaints in 2019-20, as per RBI data.
- The RBI in the recent past took several steps to strengthen the customer grievance redressal system of regulated entities including the issuance of guidelines for strengthening of Internal Ombudsmen, graded regulatory and supervisory actions, and launch of Complaints Management System (CMS) in 2019.
- The RBI after review decided to integrate the three ombudsman schemes into one and also simplified the scheme by covering all complaints involving deficiency in service by centralizing the receipt and initial processing of complaints to enhance process efficiency.
- RBI’s alternate grievance redress mechanism currently comprises of three ombudsman schemes viz – the Banking Ombudsman Scheme (BOS), launched in 1995, the Ombudsman Scheme for Non-Banking Financial Companies (OS-NBFC), 2018 and the Ombudsman Scheme for Digital Transactions (OSDT), 2019.
9. India’s first memorial for Covid-19 victims installed in ____?
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Telangana
- The memorial was installed at Rajannapet village in Rajanna-Sircilla district by Project Madad, a voluntary group of Indian and Indian diaspora doctors and professionals.
- The memorial is dedicated to all the countrymen who lost their lives due to COVID-19 in 2020-2021.
- Project Madad believes that “India cannot afford to forget” the near and dear ones lost in this crisis nor let down the caution against COVID-19, the group said in a statement.
10. Which state government launches road safety initiative ‘Rakshak’ to train first responders?
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Odisha
- Odisha government launched Rakshak, a road safety initiative to save precious lives. In a first of its kind State-level program, 30,000 volunteers staying or working at the eateries and different business establishments located near accident-prone spots will be trained as First Responders to road accidents.
- Under the program, 300 master trainers will train and empower the local people in all the 30 districts to render help to the victims of road accidents.
- These 30,000 first responders will be equipped to administer first aid and pre-hospital trauma care to accident victims within the golden hour.
- According to sources, while about 1.5 lakh people lose their lives in road accidents across the country every year, Odisha annually loses more than 5,000 precious lives in accidents.
11. Who launched the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav mobile App to enable all single point access to all information related to the 75th anniversary celebrations of India’s independence?
A) Jyotiraditya M. Scindia
B) Mansukh Mandaviya
C) Narendra Singh Tomar
D) Meenakashi Lekhi
E) Arjun Munda
Answer: D) Meenakashi Lekhi
- The Home page enables users to get an overview of the interesting and wide-ranging content inside the app.
- These include among others links to sections such Digital District Repository and Unsung Heroes which are part of an overall section titled History Corner.
- The ‘Children’s Corner’ celebrates the enthusiastic participation of young India in activities related to Amrit Mahotsav.
- The Events and Activities Section has details of the Amrit Mahotsav celebrations organised by the various Ministries and States/ Union Territories and has a ‘Search’ function for easy and direct access from the database of ongoing events.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology