Daily Current Affairs November 04
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs November 04. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November 04 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs November 04
1. Which payments bank has introduced a Doorstep Service of Digital Life Certificate Generation?
A) Fino Payments Bank
B) NSDL Payments Bank
C) India Post Payments Bank
D) Paytm Payments Bank
E) Airtel Payments Bank
Answer: C) India Post Payments Bank
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has introduced a Doorstep Service of Digital Life Certificate Generation which can be availed by any pensioner including Central, State and Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), it was announced here.
- Since 2020, India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) under Department of Posts has been providing easy and accessible Digital Life Certificate/Jeevan Pramaan generation services for the pensioners in coordination with the Department of Pension and Pensioners welfare (DoPPW) and National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- This service, which is based on Aadhaar enabled biometric authentication would be convenient for aged pensioners and will also reduce the turnaround time for issuance of Digital Life Certificate, an official press release said here.
- Pensioners will not require making a physical visit to the office of pension disbursing agency.
- The pensioners will be able to generate the life certificate either by Doorstep Digital Life Certificate Service offered by India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) or by visiting the nearest post office.
- All that the pensioner needs to do is to place a service request in the Department of Posts ‘Post Info’ Mobile Application or registering by calling IPPB toll free number ‘155299’.
- Postman/Assistant Branch Postmaster of the nearest Post office will visit the requester at the given address to generate the Digital Life Certificate at a nominal transaction fee of Rs 70.
2. AIIB to provide _____ to Bangladesh for COVID recovery programme?
A) USD 550 million
B) USD 450 million
C) USD 350 million
D) USD 250 million
E) USD 150 million
Answer: D) USD 250 million
- The programme intends to create financing opportunities for small, medium and cottage industries deficient in finding sources of funding.
- The USD 250 million loan will be disbursed as per standard AIIB terms and conditions.
- The loan is repayable in 20 years including a 3 year grace period.
3. Which company has launched an interoperable solution ‘TokenPay’ for businesses/merchants to comply with Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) data security norms?
Answer: B) CCAvenue
- Infibeam Avenues Ltd’s digital payments platform, CCAvenue has launched an interoperable solution ‘TokenPay’ for businesses/merchants to comply with Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) data security norms.
- As the “saved cards transactions” are taking a hit, due to RBI directive prohibiting merchants, businesses, payment aggregators, and acquiring banks from storing customers’ credit/ debit /prepaid card information, IAL’s CCAvenue has developed a multi-network tokenisation solution to work across all major card networks.
- Also it would help merchants enable their end-customer to continue experiencing the saved card transactions with enhanced security and allow merchants to remain RBI guideline compliant with its online data storage norms
- Network tokenisation is the process of substituting the 16-digit static card number with a string of randomly generated numbers called ‘token’, which is virtually impossible to decrypt.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs November 04
4. Ajaneesh Kumar appointed India’s ambassador to which country?
A) New Zealand
Answer: C) Estonia
- Ajaneesh Kumar, a 1996-batch IFS officer, has been appointed India’s next Ambassador to Estonia.
- Kumar is at present High Commissioner of India to Brunei Darussalam.
India appoints Sanjay Bhattacharyya as its next ambassador to Switzerland:
- Currently, Bhattacharyya is serving as Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, the official statement added.
- Bhattacharyya — an Indian Foreign Service officer of the 1987 batch — is expected to take up the assignment shortly. Earlier, he had also served as India’s Ambassador to Turkey and Egypt.
5. BCCI appoints ______ as India head coach till 2023 ODI World Cup?
A) Babar Azam
B) Virat Kohli
C) Rohit Sharma
D) Rahul Dravid
E) Ross Taylor
Answer: D) Rahul Dravid
- Former captain Rahul Dravid was appointed as the head coach of the Indian men’s cricket team by the BCCI, a development that was imminent after the batting great was convinced by the board’s top brass.
- Dravid, who was working as the head of National Cricket Academy, has been appointed for a period of two years till the 2023 50-over World Cup in India.
- He will take charge from the upcoming home series against New Zealand, starting November 17.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs November 04
6. Which country writer Damon Galgut won the prestigious Booker Prize for fiction with “The Promise”?
B) South Africa
Answer: B) South Africa
- South African writer Damon Galgut won the prestigious Booker Prize for fiction with “The Promise,” a novel about one white family’s reckoning with South Africa’s racist history.
- Galgut had been British bookmakers’ runaway favorite to win the 50,000-pound ($69,000) prize with his story of a troubled Afrikaner family and its broken promise to a Black employee — a tale that reflects bigger themes in South Africa’s transition from apartheid.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 04
7. Which country unveiled a new 5-pound commemorative coin celebrating the life and legacy of Mahatma Gandhi to mark Diwali?
Answer: B) UK
- UK Chancellor Rishi Sunak unveiled a new 5-pound commemorative coin celebrating the life and legacy of Mahatma Gandhi to mark Diwali.
- Available in a range of standards, including gold and silver, the special collectors’ coin is designed by Heena Glover and features an image of a lotus, India’s national flower, alongside one of Gandhi’s most famous quotes – “My life is my message”.
- The commemorative Gandhi coin is said to build on the “enduring relationship and cultural connections” between the UK and India, as India celebrates its 75th year of Independence this year.
8. Which country becomes 82nd country to join World Bank’s Human Capital Project?
C) Sri Lanka
Answer: C) Sri Lanka
- The Government of Sri Lanka committed to accelerating more and better investments in human capital – health, education, and social protection – becoming the 82nd country to join the World Bank’s Human Capital Project.
- At a high-level Human Capital Summit held, at least 12 Ministers and State Ministers, Secretaries and State Secretaries, and several high-ranking officials including the Director-General of the Ministry of Finance came together in person to discuss priorities to accelerate investments in human capital for increased future productivity and economic growth, and enable green, resilient, and inclusive development.
- The event also attracted around 200 virtual observers connecting from around the world and based in Sri Lanka.
- The Human Capital Project is a global effort to accelerate investments in people for inclusive economic growth.
- It makes the case for investment in the human capital of the next generation; provides access to a program of measurement, research, and analysis that helps to invest in and protect human capital; and supports peer-learning for countries as they develop and implement accelerated priorities for human capital development.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 04
9. Which state/UT’s Lakes and Waterways Development Authority renamed as Lake Conservation and Management Authority?
E) J & K
Answer: E) J & K
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Government on Wednesday re-named the Lakes and Waterways Development Authority (LAWDA) as Jammu and Kashmir Lake Conservation and Management Authority (LCMA).
- AIR Jammu Correspondent reports that as per a notification issued by the Housing and Urban Development Department, the UT Government has renamed the Authority in exercise of powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Jammu and Kashmir Development Act, 1970 for all purposes of the Act.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance