Daily Current Affairs November 03
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs November 03. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November 03 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs November 03
1. Which IIT has topped in the top 50 of the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Asia University Rankings 2022?
A) Indian Institute of Technology-Hyderabad
B) Indian Institute of Technology-Madras
C) Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay
D) Indian Institute of Technology-Mumbai
E) Indian Institute of Technology-Visakhapatnam
Answer: C) Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay
Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Asia University Rankings 2022:
|1||National University of Singapore||Singapore|
|2||Peking University||Beijing, China|
|3||Nanyang Technological University||Singapore|
|42||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB)||India|
|45||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD)|
|54||Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM)|
|56||Indian Institute of Science|
|60||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT-KGP)|
|64||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK)|
|77||University of Delhi|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs November 03
2. Which payments bank partners with Darjeeling Himalayan Railway to launch mobile ticket booking for toy trains?
A) Fino Payments Bank
B) NSDL Payments Bank
C) India Post Payments Bank
D) Paytm Payments Bank
E) Airtel Payments Bank
Answer: D) Paytm Payments Bank
- Paytm announced the launch of QR-code based ticketing system in a strategic partnership with Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (DHR).
- This new service would give commuters the option to avoid long queues to buy tickets for toy trains operated by the DHR.
- They can now simply purchase digital tickets on their Paytm app, and proceed for the journey.
- With this, Darjeeling Himalayan Railway has become one of the first operators of toy trains in India to enable digital ticketing systems.
3. Which organization spells out rules for a bank to exit prompt corrective action framework?
Answer: E) RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India has modified the prompt corrective action plans for weaker banks with it laying down criteria for a bank to exit the framework once its financial metrics improve.
- It has also removed the profitability parameter for invoking the regulatory action.
- The revised framework will be effective from January next year.
- Under the existing rules, as many as 12 banks were placed under restrictions after they crossed the tolerance threshold.
- Barring one, all banks have exited the framework over the last two years but no uniform policy was applied for their exit.
- For example, RBI removed PCA from Bank of India and Bank of Maharashtra in January 2019 after their net non-performing assets ratio fell below the risk threshold of 6%.
- But they were not profitable when the restrictions were lifted.
- In contrast, the erstwhile Oriental Bank of Commerce was profitable but its NPA was higher than 6% at the time PCA was removed from it.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs November 03
4. Which company sets up subsidiary in India?
E) Renew Power
Answer: A) SpaceX
- World’s richest person Elon Musk-owned SpaceX incorporated its wholly-owned subsidiary in India to start local broadband operations, a top official of the company said.
- SpaceX’s satellite broadband arm Starlink aims to start broadband services in India from December 2022, with 2 lakh active terminals subject to permission from the government.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs November 03
5. Modern India is authored by whom?
1) Shivam Shankar Singh
2) Selva Kumar
3) Poonam Dalal Dahiya
A) Only 2 & 3
B) Only 1 & 3
C) Only 3
D) Only 2
E) Only 1
Answer: C) Only 3
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs November 03
6. Arun Chawla has been appointed as its new director-general of ___?
A) NITI Aayog
Answer: B) FICCI
Awards – Daily Current Affairs November 03
7. Barthélémy Toguo won UNESCO Artist for Peace. He was related to which country?
Answer: D) Cameroon
8. How many persons won Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award 2021?
Answer: C) 12
- Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports announced the National Sports Awards 2021.
- The awardees will receive their awards from the President of India at a specially organized function at the Darbar Hall of Rashtrapati Bhavan on 13th November, 2021(Saturday) at 1630 hrs.
- National Sports Awards are given every year to recognize and reward excellence in sports.
- ‘Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award’ is given for the spectacular and most outstanding performance in the field of sports by a sportsperson over a period of previous four years.
- ‘Arjuna Award for outstanding performance in Sports and Games’ is given for good performance over a period of previous four years and showing qualities of leadership, sportsmanship and a sense of discipline.
- ‘Dronacharya Award for outstanding coaches in Sports and Games’ is given to coaches for doing outstanding and meritorious work on a consistent basis and enabling sportspersons to excel in International events.
- ‘Dhyan Chand Award for Lifetime achievement in Sports and Games’ is given to honour sportspersons who have contributed to sports by their performance and continue to contribute to promotion of sports event after their retirement.
|S. No.||Name of the Sportsperson||Discipline|
|4||Sreejesh P. R||Hockey|
|5||Avani Lekhara||Para Shooting|
|6||Sumit Antil||Para Athletics|
|7||Pramod Bhagat||Para Badminton|
|8||Krishna Nagar||Para Badminton|
|9||Manish Narwal||Para Badminton|
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 03
9. Which country has ratified the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) trade deal?
D) New Zealand
Answer: D) New Zealand
- New Zealand has ratified the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) trade deal, its minister of state for trade and export growth said
- RCEP is a trade agreement between 15 economies including China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, and the 10 members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
10. Which country launches ‘One Sun, One World, One Grid’ project at global climate conference?
Answer: A) India
11. India and which country held their second Space Dialogue in virtual mode on November 2?
D) New Zealand
Answer: B) Japan
- India and Japan held their second Space Dialogue in virtual mode on November 2 and exchanged information on their respective space policies and priorities, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) informed.
- An MEA statement said that the two sides discussed bilateral cooperation between the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA).
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 03
12. Who rolls out pan-India ‘Ayushman Bharat’ scheme for all Central Armed Police Forces personnel?
A) Dr Harsh Vardhan
B) Amit Shah
C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Manoj Sinha
Answer: B) Amit Shah
- He handed over the ‘Ayushmaan card’ to a jawan of CAPF and also handed over ‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ Scheme health cards to the Director-General, NSG for distribution to NSG personnel on the occasion of ‘Dhanvantri Pooja’, which is celebrated in the honour of ‘The God of Medicine.
13. Who participated in the Build Back Better for the World (B3W), a side event at the COP26 initiated by US President Joe Biden, in Glasgow?
A) Dr Harsh Vardhan
B) Narendra Modi
C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Manoj Sinha
Answer: B) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi participated in the Build Back Better for the World (B3W), a side event at the COP26 initiated by US President Joe Biden, in Glasgow.
- Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Arindam Bagchi, in a tweet said that the PM also outlined four important aspects in infrastructure creation
- PM underlined the need to ensure 4 aspects in infrastructure creation:
- Climate resilience.
- Incorporating traditional knowledge.
- Prioritising poor & vulnerable.
- Sustainable & transparent finance that respects the sovereignty & territorial integrity of all countries.
14. Which state launching the Go to Village 2.0 at Moijing Public Playground, Thoubal District?
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Manipur
- Mr Biren distributed assistance under various schemes including smartphones under CM e-Support Scheme, textbooks, uniforms, sports equipments under Education Department, Manipur Start Up Scheme, Cards under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) and Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang (CMHT), Widows’ Pension Scheme, Pension, aid and appliances for physically challenged, Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) and Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) among others.
15. Which organisation launches ‘whistle blower’ portal to check fraud, abuse of power?
Answer: A) IREDA
- The portal was launched by Pradip Kumar Das, Chairman & Managing Director (CMD), IREDA and Praveen Kumari Singh, Additional Secretary, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
- Through this portal, IREDA employees can raise concerns related to fraud, corruption, abuse of power etc.
- The portal has been developed by IT Team of the company.
16. Which organisation & Indian Air Force carry out successful flight tests of indigenously-developed smart anti-airfield weapon?
Answer: E) DRDO
- Electro optical configuration of the system is equipped with Imaging Infra-Red (IIR) Seeker technology enhancing the precision strike capability of the weapon.
- In both the tests, the intended target was hit with high accuracy.
- The system is designed for a maximum range 100 kilometres.
- The newly adapted launcher ensured smooth release and ejection of the weapon.
Advanced guidance and navigation algorithms, software performed as per the mission requirements.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Books and Authors