Daily Current Affairs May 29
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 29. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 29| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 29
1. Para-canoeist Prachi Yadav bagged bronze in Paracanoe World Cup held in which of the following country?
Answer: B) Poland
- Para-canoeist Prachi Yadav created history by becoming the first Indian to clinch a bronze medal in the women’s VL2 200m event at the Paracanoe World Cup at Poznan, Poland.
- Prachi bagged the bronze with a timing of 1:04.71 seconds behind silver medallist Brianna Hennessy of Canada (1:01.58s) and gold medallist Susan Seipel of Australia (1:01.54s).
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs May 29
2. Who among the following topped the list of the most highly compensated CEOs on the Fortune 500 in 2021?
A) Tim Cook
B) Reed Hastings
C) Elon Musk
E) Satya Nadella
Answer: C) Elon Musk
- Thelist of the most highly compensated CEOs on the Fortune 500 in 2021.
- 1 – Tesla and spaceX (Elon Musk)
- 2 – Apple (Tim Cook)
- 3 – Netflix (Reed Hastings)
- 4 – Microsoft (Satya Nadella).
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 29
3. Which of the following bank topped PSU lenders chart in loan growth in FY22?
A) State Bank of India
B) Indian Bank
C) Union Bank of India
D) Bank of India
E) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer: E) Bank of Maharashtra
- State-owned Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has emerged as the top performer among public sector lenders in terms of loan and deposit growth in percentage terms from 2021-to 22.
- The Pune-headquartered lender recorded a 26 percent increase in gross advances at Rs 135240 crore at the end of March 2022, according to the BoM data.
- It was followed by the State Bank of India and Union Bank of India with 10.27 percent and 9.66 percent growth, respectively.
- However, in absolute terms, aggregate loans of SBI were nearly 18 times higher at Rs 24,06,761 crore while Union Bank of India’s five times higher at Rs 6,99,269 crore compared to that of Boms at the end of the fourth quarter.
- Regarding deposit growth, BoM witnessed a 16.26 percent growth and mobilized Rs 202294 crore at the end of March 2022.
- Union Bank of India was second with an 11.99 percent growth in deposits (Rs 1032102 crore) while Indian Bank recorded a 10 percent increase at Rs 5,84,661 crore, according to the published data.
- Total business growth of BoM was also the highest at 20 percent at Rs 337534 crore followed by Union Bank of India at 11.04 percent at Rs 17,31,371 crore at the end of FY’22.
- In terms of the RAM (retail, agriculture, and MSME) segment, BoM registered the highest growth rate of 18.65 percent at Rs 80,669 crore.
- The bank’s gross NPAs nearly halved to 3.94 percent from 7.23 percent in March 2021, while net NPAs more than halved to 0.97 percent from 2.48 percent in March 2021.
- For the full year to March, the lender saw its net profit rising two-fold to Rs 1,152 crore as against Rs 550 crore in FY21.
- BoM is eyeing a 25-30 percent growth in its net profit in the current financial year, aided by healthy growth in net interest income (NII) and a fall in provisions for bad assets.
- NII grew by 23.42 percent on a year-on-year basis to Rs 6,044 crore in FY2022, as against Rs 4,897 crore in FY2021.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 29
4. India and which of the following country train services resume after two years?
Answer: C) Bangladesh
- Passenger train services between India and Bangladesh resumed after an over two-year gap owing to the pandemic with the flagging off of Bandhan Express from Kolkata station on way to Khulna in the neighbouring country.
- While the Bandhan Express between Kolkata and Khulna runs two days a week, Maitree Express connecting Kolkata with the BangladeshI capital is a five-day service.
- The trains have a capacity of around 450 passengers and have air-conditioned chair car and executive class categories.
- India-Bangladesh train connectivity through West Bengal will receive another boost from June 1 with the inauguration of Mitali Express between New Jalpaiguri and Dhaka.
- The new service will also boost tourism in northern West Bengal as many travellers from Bangladesh show a keen interest in exploring the Darjeeling Hills and the forests and tea gardens of Dooars in the foothills.
5. India aid distribution began in which of the following country?
D) Sri Lanka
Answer: D) Sri Lanka
- The distribution of aid, including rice and milk powder, received under the Indian Line of Credit to low-income families in Sri Lanka has commenced, the Food Commissioner’s Department.
- Food Commissioner JP Krishnamurthy said that distribution of the aid to low-income families in all 25 districts, including NuwaraEliya, Badulla, Mullaitivu, Ampara, and others, has already commenced.
- Krishnamurthy said that the Sri Lankan government will provide parcels containing 10 kg of rice each to low-income families selected at the Divisional Secretariat level.
- Krishnamurthy said Sri Lanka ”received this essential food and medicine stock worth around Rs 2 billion with the intervention of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin.
6. Which of the following country test-fires its latest hypersonic Zircon missile?
Answer: A) Russia
- The Russian navy conducted another test of a prospective hypersonic missile, a demonstration of the military’s long-range strike capability amid the fighting in Ukraine.
- The Defense Ministry said the Admiral Gorshkov frigate of the Northern Fleet in the White Sea launched the Zircon cruise missile in the Barents Sea, successfully hitting a practice target in the White Sea about 1,000 km (540 nautical miles) away.
- The launch was the latest in a series of tests of Zircon, which is set to enter service later this year.
- Zircon is capable of flying at nine times the speed of sound and has a range of 1,000 km (620 miles).
7. Which of the following country surpassed China as India’s biggest trading partner in FY22 at $119.42 bn?
E) United States
Answer: E) United States
- The US surpassed China to become India’s top trading partner in 2021-22, reflecting strengthening economic ties between the two countries.
- According to the data of the commerce ministry, in 2021-22, the bilateral trade between the US and India stood at USD 119.42 billion as against USD 80.51 billion in 2020-21.
- Exports to the US increased to USD 76.11 billion in 2021-22 from USD 51.62 billion in previous fiscal year, while imports rose to USD 43.31 billion as compared to about USD 29 billion in 2020-21.
- During 2021-22, India’s two-way commerce with China aggregated at USD 115.42 billion as compared to USD 86.4 billion in 2020-21.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 29
8. Centre implementing infra projects worth how many crore in NE?
Answer: D) Rs 134200
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said the Centre is implementing various rail, road, and air connectivity projects worth Rs 1,34,200 crore in the northeast.
- We are carrying out 20 railway projects worth Rs 74,000 crore for 2,011 km, which are spread across the northeast.
- The Centre is also developing 4,000 km of roads in the region at a total cost of Rs 58,000 crore.
- There are 15 ongoing air connectivity projects in the northeast, costing around Rs 2,200 crore.
- She, however, did not mention the completion period of these projects.
9. Anurag Thakur inauguratedTakshashila Sports Complex in which of the following state?
Answer: B) Maharashtra
- Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur inaugurated the Takshashila Sports Complex built by the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) at Viman Nagar.
- Underlining the importance of creating sports infrastructure at the grassroot level, Thakur appealed to the corporates in Pune to come forward and fund sports facilities through their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) funds.
10. For 1st time, India Post delivers mail using drone in which of the following state?
Answer: E) Gujarat
- The Department of Posts has for the first time delivered mail using a drone as part of a pilot project in Gujarat’s Kutch district, covering a distance of 46 km in 25 minutes.
- The mail was sent by the drone from Habay village in Bhuj taluka to Ner village in Bhachau taluka of Kutch district by the postal department under the guidance of the Union Ministry of Communications, a release issued by the Press Information Bureau (PIB) in Ahmedabad.
- The pilot project specifically studied the cost of delivery by drones and the geographical location between the two centers, as well as possible coordination among staff during the delivery process, including possible roadblocks.
- If the experiment is commercially successful, the postal parcel delivery services will be faster.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance