Daily Current Affairs May 28
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 28. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 28| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 28
1. 16-year-old Indian GM Praggnanandhaa Won 2022 Reykjavik Open it was held for the ___ time?
Answer: C) 36th
- It’s been two years since the last Reykjavik Open due to the pandemic.
- This year the prestigious tournament opened its doors again in Iceland for the 36th time with GM RameshbabuPraggnanandhaa winning the tournament impressively.
- A bit more than a month after Praggnanandhaa became the youngest player to beat the World Champion Magnus Carlsen and hitting the headlines, the 16-year-old Indian GM won the 2022 Kvika Reykjavik Open.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 28
2. FIEO Launched B2B Digital Marketplace for exporters, and FIEO listed over how many products and services?
Answer: A) 40,000
- The Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) has launched an online marketplace for Indian exporters and foreign buyers.
- Indian business portal acts as B2B, which helps micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) exporters, artisans and farmers to identify new markets for their products for sales.
- The marketplace has been designed and developed in partnership with GlobalLinker, which already provides a business networking platform for SMEs and startups.
- The portal will digitize Indian exporters and help them become discoverable online, promote exports from all Indian states, and showcase a wider range of products and services.
- FIEO said more than 2,000 small businesses have already joined, listing over 40,000 products and services.
- FIEO will promote the marketplace worldwide.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 28
3. Who among the following launched Smart Value Income Plan?
A) Exide Life Insurance
B) HDFC Life Insurance
C) Max Life Insurance
D) Bajaj Allainz Life Insurance
E) Tata AIA Life Insurance
Answer: E) Tata AIA Life Insurance
- A savings plan where one can adjust the bonus against premium payments.
- That Provides the option to receive accumulated cash bonus* from the end of the very 1st month
- Offers life cover & option to receive cash bonuses till 100 years of age (whole life).
- Can pay for itself by offsetting premium payments against cash bonuses
Offers life Protect feature offering Full Sum Assured on Death in case of inability to pay premium given unemployment / loss of income.
- Sub-Wallet – A facility to accumulate cash bonuses.
- These accumulations in the sub wallet to earn returns as loyalty additions.
- Preferential interest rates for MSMEs owners and Women entrepreneurs on loans against policy.
- Additional 1% discount on loan facility for women entrepreneurs.
- Tata AIA Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (Tata AIA), on the back of its strong fund performance and bonus track record of last year, TATA AIA, one of India’s leading life insurers, announced the launch of Tata AIA Life Insurance Smart Value Income Plan, a non-linked, participating life insurance savings plan.
4. Who among the following unveiled savings life insurance plan BimaRatna?
A) Aegon Life Insurance
C) Kotak Life Insurance
D) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
E) Shriram Life Insurance
Answer: B) LIC
- LIC’s BimaRatna plan offers financial support for the family in case of the unfortunate death of the policyholder during the policy term and also provides for periodical payments for the survival of the policyholder at specified durations to meet the various financial needs.
- The largest insurer in India, LIC launched a non-linked, non-participating, individual, savings life insurance plan called BimaRatna which offers a combination of protection and savings.
- The new product was launched to cater domestic market.
- The product can be purchased through Corporate Agents, Insurance Marketing Firms (IMF), Brokers, CPSC-SPV, and POSP-LI engaged by these intermediaries viz.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 28
5. Tokyo Bronze Medallist LovlinaBorgohain elected as IBA’s Athletes’ Committee Chair,she belongs to which sport?
A) Javelin throw
B) Weight Lifting
Answer: D) Boxing
- International Boxing Association (IBA) announced that Indian boxer and Tokyo Olympics Bronze medallist Lovlina Borgohain has received the highest number of votes during the election held at the 2022 Women’s World Championships and thus has been elected as the chair and a voting member on the Board of Directors for the IBA’s Athletes’ Committee.
- Further, Indian boxer Shiva Thapa has also been elected as a member of the IBA Athletes Committee following the election held during the 2021 IBA Men’s World Championships.
- The duo, who are both under the Sports Authority of India’s (SAI) Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) have confirmed that they have accepted their roles and look forward to representing India and other boxers at the Board of Directors’ meeting.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 28
6. Which of the following country to be the ‘country of Focus’ at the Mumbai International Film Festival?
Answer: E) Bangladesh
- As a fitting tribute to the golden jubilee of the liberation of Bangladesh, it has been made ‘Country of Focus’ during the 17th Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF).
- A special package of 11 films from Bangladesh including critically acclaimed film Hasina- A Daughter’s Tale will be presented at India’s foremost documentary film festival MIFF 2022.
- The festival starting from Sunday, 29 May 2022 in Mumbai will feature documentary, short fiction and animation films from across the globe.
- The films in the ‘Country of Focus’ category from Bangladesh will include the ‘Hasina: A Daughter’s tale’ which depicts the persona of the iconic political figure and its current Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Directed by Piplu R Khan, the film has won critical acclaim internationally.
- The films in the country focus section trace the memories of Bangladesh liberation war and the sacrifices made by the people of the country for independence.
7. India and which of the following country signed MoU to establish framework to facilitate & enhance bilateral cooperation on climate action?
Answer: A) UAE
- India and United Arab Emirates have signed MoU to establish a framework to facilitate and enhance bilateral cooperation on climate action.
- The agreement was signed between Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Bhupender Yadav and UAE Climate Envoy and Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology Dr Sultan Al Jaber in New Delhi.
- The basic objective of this MoU is to establish a framework to facilitate and enhance bilateral cooperation on climate action, and also contributes towards implementing the Paris Agreement.
8. India planed 10 hydro plants to utilize water treaty with which of the following country?
Answer: A) Pakistan
- India is working on building 10 hydropower projects totalling 6.8 gigawatts (GW) in Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh to fully utilize its share of waters under the 1960 Indus Waters Treaty with Pakistan.
- The projects being undertaken at an investment of ₹68,000 crore by state-run NHPC Ltd are part of India’s plan to exercise its rights to stop excess water from flowing into Pakistan.
- These projects assume strategic importance against the backdrop of China developing the controversial China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, given that control over river water flow acts as a force multiplier during times of aggression.
- India has adopted a similar approach on its eastern borders and plans to construct the country’s second-largest dam at Yingkiong in Arunachal Pradesh to counter China’s ambitious scheme to divert water from the river that feeds downstream into the Brahmaputra.
- The projects being constructed by the public sector undertaking are the 1,000 MW PakalDul project, 850 MW Ratle project, 624 MW Kiru project and 540 MW Kwar project, all in Jammu and Kashmir, according to NHPC chairman and managing director Abhay Kumar Singh.
- In addition, India’s largest power generation firm also plans to build 1,856 MW Sawalkot (J&K), 930 MW Kirthai-II (J&K), 500 MW Dugar (HP), 240 MW Uri-I Stage-II (J&K), and 260 MW Dulhasti Stage-II (J&K).
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 28
9. PM Modi inauguratedMatushri KDP Multispeciality Hospital in which of the following state?
D) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: B) Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the newly built Matushri KDP Multispeciality Hospital in Atkot, Rajkot.
- PM Modi also inspected the newly built Matushri KDP Multispeciality Hospital.
- Matushri KDP Multispeciality Hospital, which is being visited by the Prime Minister, is managed by Shree Patel SevaSamaj.
- It will make available high-end medical equipment and provide world-class healthcare facilities to the people of the region.
- He will also inaugurate the Nano Urea (Liquid) Plant constructed at IFFCO, Kalol at a cost of around Rs 175 crores.
- The ultramodern Nano Fertilizer Plant has been established keeping in mind the increase in crop yield through the use of Nano Urea.
- The Plant will produce about 1.5 lakh bottles of 500 ml per day.
10. Sela Tunnel in which of the following state?
D) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Arunachal Pradesh
- The Sela Tunnel project in the northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh, which is strategically significant, is nearing completion.
- The Sela Tunnel project entered a decisive phase after a final blast marked the culmination of excavation earlier this year.
- Once the Sela Tunnel project is completed, which is likely by this year-end, the Sela Tunnel above 13,000-ft will give a boost to all-weather connectivity to the Line of Actual Control with the neighbouring country China, according to an IE report.
- The Sela Tunnel project is being executed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
11. WHO helpedwhich of the following state to create health Accounts?
D) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: E) Rajasthan
- Rajasthan is the first state to attempt institutionalisation of health accounts.
- The state health accounts will support regular tracking and monitoring of health expenditures over time and can serve as an important tool for evidence-based policy making.
- WHO India country office will be contributing to the state government’s effort by providing technical and financial support for conducting the first round of health accounts, which it is anticipated will be institutionalised into state processes and budgetary allocations in the time ahead.
- In this regard, an orientation on the institutionalisation of state health accounts in Rajasthan was organised by the World Health Organization (WHO) at the secretariat.
12. Over how many crore fifty lakh rural households provided with tap water connections in country?
Answer: C) 9
- The country has achieved the milestone of fifty per cent rural households having access to tap water connections under the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- The Ministry of Jal Shakti said that more than nine crore fifty lakh rural households now have access to tap water connections within their premises.
- It said that Goa, Telangana, Andman and Nicobar Islands, Dadar and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Puducherry and Haryana have already achieved hundred per cent household connections.
- The Ministry said that Punjab, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh and Bihar have coverage of more than ninety per cent and are progressing fast towards attaining the status of ‘HarGhar Jal’.
- ‘HarGhar Jal’ is a flagship programme of the Union Government, implemented by Jal Jeevan Mission under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, in partnership with States and Union Territories to ensure tap water connection in every rural household by 2024.
- The Ministry said that Jal Jeevan Mission aims to empower the Panchayati Raj Institutions and communities by engaging them in water supply schemes from the very beginning.
13. PM Modi inaugurated world’s first Nano Urea Liquid Plant built at IFFCO in which of the following state?
D) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: A) Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that we are moving forward in the direction of a model cooperative village.
- Addressing the SahakarSammelan- on “Sahakar Se Samriddhi” at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar Gujarat.
- That six villages of Gujarat have been earmarked where cooperative arrangements will be completely made available.
- Mr. Modi expressed happiness over the inauguration of the Nano Urea (Liquid) Plant at IFFCO Kalol.
- The power in a sack of urea has now been compressed into a bottle.
- This will reduce transportation costs and benefit small farmers.
- This plant has a capacity of manufacturing 1.5 lakh bottles per day, but 8 more such plants will be established in India in the coming days.
14. Govt approved guidelines for small business cluster development programme for ___ period?
Answer: D) 2021-2026
- The government has approved new guidelines of Micro and Small Enterprises Cluster Development Programme (MSE-CDP) for implementation during the 15th Finance Commission cycle – 2021-26.
- The scheme aims at enhancing the competitiveness and productivity of micro and small enterprises by undertaking certain interventions.
- According to the guidelines, the central government’s grant for development of Common Facility Centres (CFCs) will be restricted to 70 per cent of the cost of the project from Rs 5 crore to 10 crore and 60 per cent of the cost of project from Rs 10 crore to Rs 30 crore.
- In case of north-east and hill states, island territories and aspirational districts, the government’s grant will be 80 per cent of the cost of the project from Rs 5 crore to Rs 10 crore and 70 per cent of cost of the project from Rs 10 crore to Rs 30 crore, the ministry said in a statement.
- For infrastructure development, it said the central government grant will be restricted to 60 per cent of the cost of project from Rs 5 crore to Rs 15 crore for setting up of new industrial estate/flatted factory complex, while the grant will be 50 per cent of the cost of project from Rs 5 crore to Rs 10 crore for upgradation of existing industrial estate/ flatted factory complex.
15. Government of India has set a target to achieve ____ Million Tonnes Coal Gasification by 2030: Additional Secretary, Coal Ministry?
Answer: B) 100
- The Ministry of Coal organized the National Mineral Congress in Bhubaneswar with the support of Power Ministry, Steel Ministry and Mines Ministry.
- Addressing the Congress through virtual mode, Shri Anil Kumar Jain, Secretary, Ministry of Coal, wished all success to the National Mineral Congress and hoped to get valuable outcome through the deliberations of the stakeholders.
- The Ministry has prepared a National Mission document to achieve 100 MT Coal Gasification by 2030.
- India is blessed with huge bauxite resources about 3,896 million tonnes to meet its future need however he added that India’s reserve constitute only 17 percent of its resources,which is about 656 million tonnes.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy