Daily Current Affairs May 23
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 23. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 23| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 23
1. Verstappen won____ Grand Prix, leads championship?
Answer: C) Spanish
- Formula One world champion Max Verstappen won the Spanish Grand Prix in a Red Bull one-two to take over at the top from Ferrari’s luckless Charles Leclerc, who retired with an engine failure while leading.
- Mexican Sergio Perez finished a dutiful second, 13 seconds behind but with the consolation of a bonus point for fastest lap, after being told to let his team mate pass for a third victory in a row after Imola and Miami.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 23
2. Mahagram tied up with which of the following Bank to enhance digital payments ecosystem?
A) Indusland Bank
B) City Union Bank
C) KarurVysya Bank
D) CSB Bank
E) RBL Bank
Answer: A) Indusland Bank
- Mahagram which enables neighbourhood shops to access banking services has tied up with IndusInd Bank to enhance digital payments ecosystem in the country.
- The partnership signed between Mahagram and IndusInd Bank aims to add 15 million (1.5 crore) small merchants to UPI QR in the current fiscal year.
- The partnership will help boost financial inclusion, encourage socio-economic development, mitigate risks of a shadow economy and accelerate growth of cashless society.
- In the internet era, developing a digital payments ecosystem is a very crucial step as it contributes to economic growth and also ensures easy transactions for customers through their mobile phones, making it a much safer, simpler and more convenient way to pay.
3. Who among the following directed banks to offer cardless cash withdrawal facility across all ATMs?
Answer: E) RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked all banks to provide customers with the option of Interoperable Card-less Cash Withdrawal (ICCW) at their ATMs.
- All banks, ATM networks and WLAOs may provide the option of ICCW at their ATMs.
- NPCI has been advised to facilitate Unified Payments Interface (UPI) integration with all banks and ATM networks.
- While UPI would be used for customer authorisation in such transactions, settlement would be through the National Financial Switch (NFS) / ATM networks.
- The on-us / off-us ICCW transactions shall be processed without levy of any charges other than those prescribed under the circular on Interchange Fee and Customer Charges.
4. Which of the following Bank partnered with Retailio to launch co-branded credit cards?
A) Laksmi Vilas Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) Indusland Bank
Answer: B) HDFC Bank
- Private sector lender HDFC Bank and B2B pharma marketplace Retailio have launched a new range of co-branded credit cards.
- These B2B credit cards are primarily targeted at chemists and pharmacies in the merchant segment.
- The credit cards will be available to over 1 lakh customers of Retailio from their existing merchant base and as well as new customers.
- The partnership is likely to cover over 1.4 lakh merchants in the first phase of its roll-out.
- Retailio has its presence in over 1,000 cities along with a network of over 1,000 health care and pharma companies, 3,000 pharmaceutical distributors, 1 lakh pharmacies, hospitals and nursing homes.
5. Who among the following launched digital loan against shares facility?
B) Kotak Mahindra Bank
C) Bajaj Finance
D) Tata Capital
Answer: D) Tata Capital
- Tata Capital launched the Loan against Shares (LAS) facility.
- “Customers can avail of loans up to Rs 5 crore by pledging their dematerialised shares online, which is facilitated by NSDL”, adding that the entire process is completed in a single day, after getting the required approvals from the respective Depository Participant.
- The loan amount is customised based on the value of shares in the portfolio of the customer.
- Tata Capital recently launched the ‘Loans against Mutual Funds’ facility, which has gained traction with customers.
6. Which of the following bank introduced Xpress Credit on YONO?
A) State Bank of India
B) Bank of Baroda
C) Indian Bank
D) Bank of India
E) Indian Overseas Bank
Answer: A) State Bank of India
- State Bank of India (SBI) has launched personal loan product ‘Xpress Credit’ for salaried customers on its YONO digital banking platform.
- Eligible customers will now be able to avail personal loans (Real Time Xpress Credit/RTXC) up to ₹35 lakh via YONO, without any paperwork, the country’s largest bank.
- Under Real Time Xpress Credit, Central/State government and defence salaried customers of SBI will no longer be required to visit the branch for availing a personal loan.
- The credit checks, eligibility, sanction and documentation will now be done digitally in real-time.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 23
7. Tata Power, Tata Motors to develop ___ MWp solar rooftop in passenger vehicles?
Answer: E) 7
- Tata Power and Tata Motors have collaborated to develop a 7 MWp solar rooftop project at the latter’s passenger vehicle plant in Chikhali, Pune.
- This is the third phase of a joint 17 MWp on-site solar project developed by the two companies, of which 10 MWp has already been installed.
- The two companies have recently inked a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for this solar project.
- The rooftop installation is collectively expected to generate 23 million units of electricity, mitigating 5.23 lakh tonne of carbon dioxide.
- This will be equivalent to planting 8.36 lakh trees over a lifetime.
- Rajesh Khatri, Vice President, Operations, Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Ltd, said, with the new installation, Tata Power will move closer to its goal of 100 per cent renewable energy.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs May 23
8. Maruti Suzuki to acquire how many percent stake in AI firm Sociograph Solutions?
A) 12.99 %
B) 21.90 %
C) 12.09 %
D) 12.90 %
E) 21.09 %
Answer: C) 12.09 %
- Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) will acquire an equity stake of 12.09 per cent in Sociograph Solutions Pvt Ltd (SSPL) for about Rs 2 crore.
- SSPL is an artificial intelligence (AI) software company that specialises in visual AI platform predominantly used to help enterprises improve sales experiences and improve efficiency in their business.
- The investment would help MSI strengthen its offering to customers by creating a customised sales experiences on the web, virtual reality and augmented reality.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs May 23
9. Indian launch startupSkyroot successfully completes full-duration stage test to carry capacity of __ kgs?
A) 475 kg
B) 480 kg
C) 490 kg
D) 500 kg
E) 450 kg
Answer: B) 480 kg
- Skyroot, the first private Indian company to design, build and test a solid rocket propulsion stage, has reached another key milestone in the development of its Vikram-I launch vehicle: a full-duration test of the rocket’s third stage.
- The third stage, dubbed Kalam-100 in homage to Indian rocket scientist and former President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, is just one part of the company’s debut rocket.
- Vikram-I includes three solid fuel stages, plus a liquid-fueled kick stage that’s designed to serve the small satellite launch market.
- It’s designed to carry up to 480 kilograms to low-inclination orbits, and the company says on its website that it’s designed to be assembled and launched from any launch site within 24 hours.
- Vikram-I is one of a trio of rockets Skyroot is currently developing; the other two, Vikram-II and Vikram-III, will be able to carry heavier payloads with multiple orbital insertions.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 23
10. Which of the following state and BPCL Signed Agreement for Renewable Energy Development?
C) Madhya Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttarakhand
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami.
- MoU this is the thinking of taking forward our state by balancing both in the field of renewable energy sector in the state.
- In the presence of Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami, the MoU was signed by R Meenakshi Sundaram, Power Secretary of the state, Shaily Abraham, Chief General Manager, Renewable Energy.
11. Which of the following state/UT Government Inducted Two Robots in Its Firefighting Fleet?
C) New Delhi
Answer: C) New Delhi
- The Arvind Kejriwal Government has undertaken a unique initiative of using robots for extinguishing fires in the city.
- Initially, the AamAadmi Party (AAP) Government inducted two robots into Delhi’s firefighting fleet that will be able to douse fires in narrow streets, warehouses, basements, stairs, forests and enter places like oil and chemical tankers and factories.
- This comes days after a massive fire that broke out last week in a factory in Mundka,27 people had died.
- These remote-controlled fire-fighting robots will have greater accessibility to places and will be able to navigate narrow lanes, reach spaces inaccessible to humans and perform tasks too risky for people.
12. ‘EAC-PM report independent task, may not be taken higher up in govt’, what does A stand for in EAC?
Answer: E) Advisory
- The report released by the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) on the state of inequality of India caught senior government officials in NitiBhavan by surprise, a number of whom were unaware that the advisory body had commissioned such a report or that the findings had been released.
- The report recommended that the government launch a guaranteed employment programme for the urban unemployed and roll out a universal basic income (UBI) scheme to reduce income gaps, among other things.
- While the report, titled ‘The State of Inequality in India’ was released by EAC-PM’s Chairperson BibekDebroy senior officials who work closely with the government’s policy advisory body had not received a copy until late after its launch.
13. Centre sanctionedhow many crores for restoration of Assam’s railway network?
Answer: A) 180
- The Centre has sanctioned Rs 180 crore for the restoration of the railway network devastated by floods and landslides in Assam’s Dima Hasao district.
- Assam Chief Minister HimantaBiswaSarma confirmed the allocation of Rupees 180 crore by the Centre for the restoration work.
- The Railway Ministry has also assured to complete the restoration work of railway network in Dima Hasao district by July 10 this year.
- Repairing the damaged portions of the vital rail link will restore connectivity between Barak and Brahmaputra valleys of Assam and reconnect Tripura, Mizoram and parts of Manipur with the rest of the rest the country.
14. Which of the following state CM launched scheme for farm growth, self-sufficient villages?
B) Tamil Nadu
C) New Delhi
E) West Bengal
Answer: B) Tamil Nadu
- Aimed at comprehensive agricultural growth and bringing self-sufficiency for villages, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin launched a scheme here that would be implemented in village panchayats across the state.
- The scheme would be implemented over a period of 5 years in all the 12,525 village panchayats, Stalin said launching the scheme at the Secretariat.
- The scheme, ‘KalaignarinAnaithuGramaOringinainthaVelanValarchiThittam’ (Kalaignar’s All Villages Integrated Agriculture Development Programme) is named after late Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.
- Turning barren lands into fertile lands to prepare them for cultivation, increasing water resources and income for farmers, facilitating solar powered micro irrigation system, marketing farm produce through value addition and more crop loans through cooperative societies are among the many goals of the scheme.
- The initiative is part of the 7-point vision plan’s ‘Magasul Perukkam, Magizhum Vivasayi’ (Growth in yield, joyous farmer) component.
- The new farm sector scheme would be implemented alongside the Rural Development Department’s All Villages Anna Renaissance Scheme, and hence the village level coordination would be good.
- The Chief Minister exuded confidence that the new programme would lead to self-sufficient villages and help prevent migration to urban regions.
15. National mission for clean Ganga approvedhow many crore water infra projects?
Answer: C) 660
- The Executive Committee under the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) held a meeting today and approved 11 water infrastructure projects worth around Rs 660 crore.
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs 577.23 crore that includes construction of 135 MLD STP, creation of interception and diversion structures and laying of sewer line etc.
- The committee also gave a nod to projects of Interception, Diversion and Treatment Works for Saharanpur Town’ for River Hindon, ‘Rejuvenation of Chamunda Mai Pond’ in GarhMukhteshwar, ‘Environmental Upgradation of Shivna River’ in Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh, ‘Evaluation of Natural Farming Practices on Water and Energy Savings’, and ‘Implementation of Membrane-based soil-less agriculture’.
- Two projects pertaining to crematoriums include ‘Construction of Electric Crematorium’ at Kalyani, West Bengal and ‘Development of Cremation Ghat’ at PaudiGarhwal.
- The committee also recognized management for effective decentralized wastewater treatment and approved two projects worth Rs 15 crore.
- The projects includes co-treatment of septage at existing STPs of Haridwar, Rishikesh, Srinagar and DevPrayag.
- An Integrated Septage Treatment Plant for Burdwan Municipality focuses on prevention of flow of sewage in River Banka, a tributary of Ganga in West Bengal.
- For the upgradation of Shivna River’ in Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh, the committee approved Rs 28.68 cr.
- This will reduce the pollution and improve environmental conditions of the river.
- The project of rejuvenation of Chamunda Mai Pond will cost Rs 81.76 lakh which includes cleaning, desilting, dewatering, basic constructed wetland system, water treatment, aeration system, plantation, fencing, barbed wire etc. will help in recharging groundwater and act as a source of water for local population of MP.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology