Daily Current Affairs May 24
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 24. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 24| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 24
1. Commonwealth Day is celebrated on?
A) May 24
B) May 20
C) May 23
D) May 15
E) May 22
Answer: A) May 24
- Previously known as Empire day, Commonwealth Day is celebrated by the collection of 54 commonwealth countries every year.
- It is marked on the second Monday of May in most of these countries but in India and a few more, it is observed on May 24.
- Previously named Empire Day and was first celebrated in 1902 in memory of Queen Victoria, who passed away on January 22, 1901.
- ‘Delivering a Common Future’.
2. World Turtle Day was first observed on?
Answer: E) 2001
- This year world turtle day is celebrated on May 23.
- World Turtle Day is observed to recognize the value of these reptiles on the planet.
- World Turtle Day was started by a non-profit organization called American Tortoise Rescue (ATR).
- This organization was founded in 1990.
- And World Turtle Day was observed in 2001 for the first time.
- This year, they are commemorating the 22nd International World Turtle Day.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 24
3. French Open Tennis tournament began at Roland Garros in which of the following cities?
Answer: C) Paris
- French Open Tennis tournament, the second Grand Slam event of the year,has begun at Roland Garros in Paris.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs May 24
4. India droped to ___ place on Travel and Tourism Development Index, top-ranked in South Asia?
Answer: D) 54th
- India ranked at the 54th place in a global travel and tourism development index, down from 46th in 2019, but still remained on the top within South Asia.
- Japan has topped the global charts, followed by the US, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austraila, UK, Singapore and Italy in the top ten.
- The World Economic Forum’s biennial travel and tourism study also showed a recovering sector following pandemic lows, though the recovery has been uneven and challenges remain.
- The Travel and Tourism Development Index assesses 117 economies, identifying key factors in enabling the sustainable and resilient growth of travel and tourism economies.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 24
5. Exim Bank, JBIC signed USD how manymn loan agreement?
Answer: B) 100
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) has signed a USD 100 million loan agreement with Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC), along with three Japanese private financial institutions — MUFG Bank Ltd, Bank of Kyoto Ltd and Hachijuni Bank Ltd — aimed at supporting the Indian healthcare sector for combating COVID-19.
- The agreement was signed on the sidelines of the Quad Leaders’ Summit.
- The development finance institution has been supporting the healthcare sector and all the segments in the pharmaceutical value chain.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 24
6. DCO, WEF launch initiative to boost global digital FDI flows, what does E stands for in WEF?
Answer: A) Economic
- The Digital Cooperation Organization (DCO) and the World Economic Forum (WEF) announced a new initiative to boost flows of digital foreign direct investments globally.
- The agreement will see the DCO and WEF work together to identify methods to increase digital adoption, investment in new digital activities, and investment in digital infrastructure.
- The DCO, which focuses on digital economy initiatives supporting youth, startup entrepreneurs, and women, has nine member states with a combined GDP of nearly USD 2 trillion and a population of nearly 600 million.
- With 70 percent of future economic growth set to be digital, according to the WEF, DCO member states provide a valuable market opportunity to investors and entrepreneurs alike.
7. How many more industrial clusters join WEF’s net-zero transition initiative?
Answer: D) 4
- The World Economic Forum announced that four more industrial clusters from Europe and the US are joining its ‘Transitioning Industrial Clusters towards Net-Zero’ initiative.
- The initiative will enable these hubs to accelerate industrial decarbonization, boost job creation and improve competitiveness.
- It will help connect private and public stakeholders from these industrial hubs, as they strive to meet individual and collective decarbonization goals, foster enabling policies and support local community engagement.
- The four new industrial clusters are from the Netherlands, Belgium and the US.
- They will work together with the WEF to reduce their carbon emissions faster through the Transitioning Industrial Clusters towards Net-Zero initiative.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 24
8. Nobel winner Jose Ramos-Horta sworn as president of which of the following country?
B) East Timor
Answer: B) East Timor
- Former independence fighter and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Jose Ramos-Horta was sworn in as president of East Timor.
9. Justice Sabina appointed acting CJ of which of following state HC?
C) Himachal Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Himachal Pradesh
- Justice Sabina, the senior-most judge of the Himachal Pradesh High Court, appointed as its acting chief justice.
- A notification issued by the Department of Justice in the Law Ministry said she would assume charge with effect from May 25 following the retirement of Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court Mohammad Rafiq.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs May 24
10. Fasal tied up with IMD for research in weather forecast models,how many radar station?
Answer: E) 23
- Agri-startup firm Fasal has signed a pact with India Meteorological Department (IMD) for research collaboration on weather forecast models to make farming climate-smart.
- The tie-up is aimed at making day-to-day short-term weather forecasts accessible to farmers.
- A total of 23 radar stations of IMD and about 600 on-ground precision farming devices of Fasal will be harnessed to provide these weather forecasts.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 24
11. Adani Group, and which of the following stategovt signed MoU at World Economic Forum?
B) Andra Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Andra Pradesh
- The Adani Group has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the government of Andhra Pradesh at the World Economic Forum regarding an investment of Rs 60,000 crore by Adani Green Energy in the state.
- The project is expected to provide employment opportunities to about 10,000 people directly and indirectly.
- Adani Green Energy will set up a 3,700 MW Hydro Storage Plant and 10,000 MW solar energy project in Andhra Pradesh.
12. Tomar to inaugurate how many days organic expo?
Answer: D) 3
- Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar will inaugurate a conference that seeks to promote India’s ancient farming techniques and blend them with modern marketing to enhance farmers’ income.
- The three-day Global Organic Expo, dedicated to social reformer late Nanaji Deshmukh, will be inaugurated on May 26 at the Indian Agriculture Research Institute (IARI), Pusa.
- More than 100 companies from over a dozen countries will showcase their innovations and products at the event that will have over 50 sessions on food farming, innovations, technology, skill development, marketing and export.
13. Project Management regional conference 2022 held in which of the following state?
B) Andra Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Kerala
- Nearly 350 project professionals from across South Asia attended the 8th edition of the Project Management Regional Conference, hosted here by the Kerala chapter of Project Management Institute, the world’s leading for-purpose professional membership association for the project management profession.
- The theme of the recent conference was ‘Beyond the finish line – Towards sustainability’, with Kiran Bedi, the first women IPS officer of the country as the chief guest and Jennifer Tharp, Chair, PMI Board of Directors, delivering the keynote addresses the other day.
14. NSDL launched ‘Market kaEklavya – Express’ in how many cities to mark 75 years of Independence?
Answer: A) 75
- India’s largest depository, National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) launched ‘Market kaEklavya – Express’, an online investment awareness program for students that will be conducted in 8 different languages including Hindi.
- The program would serve as a beginner’s guide for investing for the youth.
- To mark the significance of AzadiKaAmritMahotsav, an initiative of Government of India to celebrate 75 years of independence and the glorious history of our people, culture and achievements, NSDL has launched a new initiative towards investor awareness ‘Market KaEklavya – Express’ across 75 cities, especially aimed at the college students who would very soon be entering the phase where they would start earning and naturally, look for avenues of investment.
- Earlier this month, Market kaEklavya (5-hours program) was launched by the hon’ble Finance Minister of India, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman at the silver jubilee event of NSDL.
15. NHA announces revamped ABHA mobile application,what does A stands for in NHA?
Answer: E) Authority
- The National Health Authority (NHA) under its flagship scheme of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) announced the launch of a revamped Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) mobile application.
- The ABHA app, previously known as NDHM Health Records app is available for download from the Google Play Store and already has over 4 lakh downloads.
- The updated version of the ABHA app has new User Interface (UI) and added functionalities that enable individuals to access their health records anytime and anywhere.
- Existing ABHA app users can also update their previous app versions to the latest one.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology