Daily Current Affairs May 22
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 22. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 22| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 22
1. World Metrology Day is celebrated on?
A) May 21
B) May 18
C) May 10
D) May 20
E) May 15
Answer: D) May 20
- World Metrology Day is celebrated every year on 20 May.
- On this occasion, scientific communities come together to pay homage to a meeting that happened on this day in 1875 to establish a standard measurement system for all nations.
- At present, the World Metrology Day project is realised jointly by the International Organisation of Legal Metrology and the International Bureau of Weights Measurements.
- It features a coalition of seventeen nations that came together for establishing the framework for global collaboration for scientific measurement.
- “Metrology in the Digital Era”
2. International Day of Biological Diversity (IDB) was declared on which year?
Answer: A) 2000
- May 22 is proclaimed as IDB by the United Nations with aims to spread understanding and awareness about issues of biodiversity in the world.
- Declared on December 2000 by UNGA.
- “Building a shared future for all life”.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 22
3. Archery WC Gwangju: Indian men’s compound team bagged gold against player from which country?
Answer: C) France
- The Indian men’s compound team bagged gold after outscoring France at the Archery World Cup 2022 stage 2 in Gwangju.
- The compound men’s team final saw India’s Abhishek Verma, Rajat Chauhan, and Aman Saini defeating the French trio of Quentin Baraer, Jean Philippe Boulch, and Adrien Gontier by 232-230 for the gold medal.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 22
4. Infosys reappointedSalil Parekh as CEO and MD for how many years?
Answer: D) 5
- IT giant Infosys has announced that Salil Parekh has been reappointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) by the Board of Directors.
- His new term will be effective from July 1, 2022 to March 31, 2027.
- The reappointment is subject to approval by shareholders.
- Parekh, has been the CEO and MD of Infosys since Jan 2018.
5. Han Duck-soo appointed as Prime Minister for which of the following country?
B) South Korea
Answer: B) South Korea
- South Korean President Yoon Suk-yeol appointed Han Duck-soo as the prime minister of his government.
- He served as senior presidential secretary for economic affairs under former liberal President Kim Dae-jung, finance and prime ministers under former liberal President Roh Moo-hyun, and ambassador to the United States under former conservative President Lee Myung-bak.
6. IFS Vivek Kumar appointed as Private Secretary to who among the following?
A) Agriculture Minister
B) Finance Minister
C) External Affairs Minister
D) Home Minister
E) Prime Minister
Answer: E) Prime Minister
- IFS Vivek Kumar was appointed as Private Secretary (PS) to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinets approved the proposal for the appointment of Vivek Kumar as PM Modi’s PS.
- A 2004 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, Vivek Kumar is currently the director of the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
7. Anthony Albanese will be next prime minister for which of the following country?
Answer: A) Australia
- Australia’s Prime Minister-elect Anthony Albanese is a politician molded by his humble start to life as the only child of a single mother who raised him on a pension in gritty inner-Sydney suburbia.
- He Succeeds Scott Morrison.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 22
8. IREDA sanctionedhow many crore loans for renewable energy projects in Maharashtra?
A) Rs 14,545
B) Rs 14,544
C) Rs 15,445
D) Rs 14,445
E) Rs 14,454
Answer: C) Rs 14,445
- Government-owned renewable energy project finance company IREDA has sanctioned loans worth Rs 14,445 crore and disbursed Rs 10,018 crore for various green energy projects in Maharashtra.
- IREDA (Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited) in association with the Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industries and Agriculture (MCCAI) conducted a workshop on ‘Greening India through renewables’ on May 20, 2022 in Pune, Maharashtra.
9. Union Minister inaugurated exhibition on International day of Biological Diversity in which of the following state?
A) Andra Pradesh
B) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Tamil Nadu
- Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate change Bhupender Yadav inaugurated Biological Diversity Exhibition at Chennai Kalaivanar Arangam during the International Day of Biological Diversity (IDB) celebrations.
- Yadav also announced the Indian biodiversity award and winners of the national level competition organised by the National Biodiversity Authority (NBA) on May 5, and launched the fourth cycle of biodiversity Samrakshan internship Programme, and released a special cover by the Indian Post on IDB 2022.
Over All Review