Daily Current Affairs May 21
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 21. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 21| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 21
1. International Tea Day was first observed in?
Answer: E) 2005
- International Tea Day, which falls on 21 May, is the occasion to cherish chai fans.
The day was first observed in New Delhi in 2005.
- In 2015, the Indian government proposed to the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) to expand the celebrations across the world.
2. World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development is observed on?
A) May 21
B) May 16
C) May 19
D) May 10
E) May 18
Answer: A) May 21
- In 2001, the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) adopted the Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity and in December 2002, the UN General Assembly, in its resolution, declared May 21 to be the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development.
3. Anti-Terrorism Day 2022 is observed to commemorate ___ death anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi?
Answer: C) 30th
- Anti-Terrorism Day is observed on May 21 in India every year.
- It was on this day in the year 1991 that former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated.
- This year commemorates Rajiv Gandhi’s 30th death anniversary as India observes Anti-Terrorism Day.
4. World Inflammatory Bowel Disease day is observed on?
A) May 15
B) May 19
C) May 17
D) May 20
E) May 16
Answer: B) May 19
- MAY 19 is celebrated across the globe as World Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
- The disease is chronic inflammatory condition of the intestine and is of two main types: Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease.
- On the occasion, an IBD card designed by the Department of Gastroenterology, in association with Colitis and Crohn’s Foundation, India was released.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 21
5. India’s R Praggnanandhaastuned World Champion Magnus Carlsen for ___ time in year?
Answer: D) 2nd
- India’s 16-year-old Grandmaster Praggnanandhaa Rameshbabu stunned World Champion Magnus Carlsen for the second time in just three months as he got better of the Norwegian in the fifth round of the Chessable Masters online rapid chess tournament.
- The fifth round match of the tournament was headed towards a draw but a one-move blunder from the world champion Magnus Carlsen resulted in his defeat.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 21
6. New Development Bank issued CNY ___ billion bond in China Interbank Bond Market?
Answer: A) 7
- The New Development Bank (NDB) successfully priced a 3-year CNY 7 billion Bond in the China Interbank Bond Market.
- The transaction is the largest ever Panda Bond issue by a Multilateral Development Bank (MDB).
- Upon the completion of the issuance, the NDB would have a cumulative total of RMB 30 bln bonds issued under its RMB bond programmes in the China Interbank Bond Market, which makes the Bank the largest and the most prodigious MDB issuer in China.
- The net proceeds from the sale of the Bond will form a part of NDB’s general corporate resources onshore and will be used to finance infrastructure and sustainable development activities in the Bank’s member countries.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 21
7. Paytm formed joint venture general insurance firm; to how many crore in how many years?
A) Rs 750, 10
B) Rs 950, 5
C) Rs 950, 15
D) Rs 850, 10
E) Rs 950, 10
Answer: E) Rs 950, 10
- Digital financial services firm One97 Communications, which operates under Paytm brand, has formed a joint venture general insurance company in which it has committed to invest Rs 950 crore over a period of 10 years.
- The proposal to set up joint venture firm Paytm General Insurance Limited (PGIL) was approved by the board on May 20.
- Initially, One97 Communications (OCL) will hold a 49 per cent stake in PGIL while the rest 51 per cent stake is to be owned by OCL’s managing director Vijay Shekhar Sharma-led VSS Holding Private Limited (VHPL).
- Post the investment, Paytm will hold 74 per cent stake in PGIL, reducing VHPL’s stake in the company to 26 per cent.
8. Sebi imposed a penalty of how many crore on IIFL Securities for violating provisions?
Answer: B) 1
- IIFL Securities Ltd has been fined ₹1 crore by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for violating regulations.
- SEBI conducted multiple audits of IIFL’s books of accounts and discovered that the company had violated the SEBI 1993 Circular, which covers failing to segregate its own funds from client funds, misusing client funds‘ credit balance for debit balance client funds, and not appropriately designating client bank accounts.
- SEBI performed a “Thematic Inspection” at IIFL Securities from January 30-31, 2014 to February 3, 2014, and discovered that 26 of the 45 customer bank accounts inspected were not named as client accounts.
- During this inspection, analysis with respect to maintenance of separate bank and demat accounts for clients and proprietary funds/securities was carried out.
- In this regard, it was observed that out of the 45 clients bank account examined, 26 client bank accounts were not titled as “client account”.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 21
9. Vijay Shekhar Sharma re-appointed as MD & CEO of Paytm till which year?
Answer: D) 2027
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma has been re-appointed as MD & CEO till December 18, 2027 of digital financial services firm Paytm.
- Paytm CFO MadhurDeora has been re-appointed by the company’s board as a whole-time director till May 19, 2027.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs May 21
10. Subhash Ola won Amazon Smbhav Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022, he belongs to which state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Rajasthan
- Shri Subhash Ola, an innovator from Rajasthan who has developed the technology of saving energy in boilers by recycling steam, has won the 1st prize for the Amazon Smbhav Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022 and his enterprise “Geniusenergy Critical Innovation Private Limited” has won the Start-up of the Year award.
- The technology was first developed to make khoya and other milk products, and the portfolio of applications were later extended to textile, milk and food, pharma, plywood, paper mills, leather industry, chemical industry, hot water boiler generator, plastic recycle, laundry, hospitals and so on.
- Shri Ola’s enterprise customizes the technology for use in different industries and integrates it with existing boiler infrastructure of the particular industry to save the used energy.
- In the specialised equipment, used steam is fed to the boiler along with condensate water through gravity.
- The closed-circuit design steps leakages, thereby reducing additional water requirements.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 21
11. World’s highest weather station installed on Mount Everest at an altitude of __ m?
Answer: A) 8830
- A team of experts from the National Geographic Society has installed the “world’s highest weather station” on Mt. Everest at an altitude of 8,830 metres to automatically measure various meteorological phenomena.
- The NatGeo team, led by climate scientist Baker Perry from the Appalachian State University in the US, consisted of acclaimed climbers and scientists, many of whom scaled the world’s highest peak while installing the weather station.
12. India supplied another ____ metric tonnes of diesel to crisis-hit Sri Lanka?
Answer: E) 40000
- India provided another 40,000 metric tonnes of diesel to Sri Lanka under the credit line facility to the island nation which is grappling with its worst economic crisis.
- Last month, India extended an additional USD 500 million credit line to help Sri Lanka import fuel as the country has been struggling to pay for imports after its foreign exchange reserves plummeted sharply in recent times, causing a devaluation of its currency and spiralling inflation.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 21
13. Tata Technologies signed pact with Assam govt to transform polytechnics, ITIs into Centres of Excellence; to entail investment of how many crores?
A) Rs 2,039 crore
B) Rs 2,903 crore
C) Rs 2,309 crore
D) Rs 2,390 crore
E) Rs 2,930 crore
Answer: D) Rs 2,390 crore
- Global engineering and product development digital services firm Tata Technologies Ltd has entered into a collaboration with the Assam government to transform 34 state polytechnics and 43 Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) into futuristic Centres of Excellence (CoEs) entailing an investment of about Rs 2,390 crore.
- The company has signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with the Assam government for a period of 10 years for the purpose.
14. Tomar inauguratedhow many honey testing labs and processing units?
Answer: B) 7
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar the government is working seriously to bring a ‘Sweet Revolution’ in the country, after inauguration of seven honey testing labs and processing units in five states.
- Honey testing labs and processing units at Pulwama, Bandipur and Jammu in Jammu and Kashmir, Tumkur in Karnataka, Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh, Pune in Maharashtra, and Uttarakhand were unveiled in a virtual mode from Gujarat.
- An event organised in Gujarat to commemorate World Bee Day.
15. President Kovind will lay foundation stone of new Raj Bhavan building in which of the following state?
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Goa
- The president will be in Goa on May 30, celebrated as the state’s 35th Statehood Day.
- He will lay the foundation stone of the new Raj Bhavan building at Dona Paula near here within the existing complex.
- The new Raj Bhavan building would be constructed by the state Public Works Department and it would be ready within a year.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy