Daily Current Affairs May 12
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 12. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 12| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 12
1. Indian shooters picked up how many medals including three gold at Junior World Cup?
Answer: B) 7
- ISSF Junior World Cup standings in Suhl, Germany.
- Gold – Rudrankksh Patil (men’s 10m air rifle)
- Silver – Abhinav Shaw (men’s 10m air rifle)
- Silver – Rimita (women’s 10m air rifle)
- India’s tally at the end of the day stood at three gold and four silver out of the total 12 medals.
- Palak and Manu Bhaker to dominate the women’s pistol.
- Shiva Narwaland Sarabjot Singh began the Indian pistol dominance.
- France won the only other gold of the day as reigning junior world champion Oceanne Mueller won the women’s 10m air rifle event while hosts Germany, Moldova, Poland and Uzbekistan were the other medal winners on the day.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs May 12
2. Who among the following toped Forbes’ highest-paid athletes list?
D) Lionel Messi
Answer: D) Lionel Messi
The annual Forbes list:
1. Lionel Messi – $130 million
2. NBA’s LeBron James – $121 million
3. Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo – $115 million
4. Brazilian soccer player Neymar – $95 million
5. Golden State Warriors Stephen Curry – $92.8 million
6. NBA player Kevin Durant – $92 million
7. Swiss tennis great Roger – $90.7 million
8. Mexican boxer Canelo Alvarez – $90 million
9. Super Bowl champion Tom Brady – $83.9 million
10. NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Giannis Antetokounmpo – $80.9 million
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 12
3. BIAL partnered with which bank, Phi Commerce to facilitate one-stop payment solution?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) DBS Bank
C) City Union Bank
D) Axis Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Bangalore International Airport Ltd (BIAL) has partnered with Kotak Mahindra Bank and digital payment firm Phi Commerce to facilitate a one-stop omnichannel payment solution at Kempegowda International Airport.
- Designed specifically for the airport, the solution will enable a secure, scalable, and unified payment experience.
- It will power B2B and B2C payments across channels – both online and offline.
The company said it will facilitate transactions across the domestic terminal, international terminal, airport city, concert arena, airport hotels, retail, recreation, dining, entertainment destination, airport parking, cargo and BIAL subsidiaries.
4. SpiceJet& which Bank launched co-branded credit card
A) Federal Bank
B) DBS Bank
C) City Union Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) Axis Bank
Answer: E) Axis Bank
- SpiceJet and Axis Bank have partnered to launch the most rewarding co-branded credit card, powered by Visa that will offer a host of privileges and benefits to customers.
- The card comes in two variants – SpiceJet Axis Bank Voyage and Voyage Black, and is aimed at facilitating a superlative travel experience for flyers through SpiceClub, the first frequent flyer program by a low cost carrier in India.
- Through this collaboration, the two brands hope to capitalize on the resurgent demand for travel following two years of stagnation caused by the pandemic.
- Further, with the shared goal of expanding their reach to Tier 2 & 3 cities and other synergies, the brands are committed to serving a much larger populace.
- SpiceJet Axis Bank Voyage & Voyage Black credit cards were officially launched at Indira Gandhi International airport in the presence of Ajay Singh, Chairman and MD, SpiceJet and Amitabh Chaudhry, MD & CEO, Axis Bank, where they unveiled a special SpiceJet-Axis Bank credit card livery on a SpiceJet Boeing 737 MAX aircraft.
- The products are designed to enable customers use the rewards earned on their daily spends for booking flights and add-ons, thus encouraging both travel and digital payments embedded with benefits of SpiceJet’s frequent flyer program, SpiceClub.
- Customers can earn benefits up to 7 per cent on the Voyage Black credit card which is a Top-tier offering in the travel credit card segment.
- In addition, the redemption of earned points does not have any limitations on blackout dates, festival demand, and are on first-come basis.
- Cardholders would get exclusive SpiceClub membership with direct entry in either Silver or Gold tiers, and special benefits like complimentary or discounted travel add-ons, priority check-in, SpiceMax upgrade, preferred seat selection, complimentary meal etc.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 12
5. Who among the following appointed CEO and MD of Air Indiaairlines?
A) Manoj Kumar
B) Sushil Chandra
C) Campbell Wilson
D) Rajiv Kumar
Answer: C) Campbell Wilson
- Tata Sons announced the appointment of Campbell Wilson as the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director (MD) of Air India.
- The Air India board approved the appointment of Wilson subject to requisite regulatory approvals.
- Wilson, 50, is the CEO of Scoot, the wholly-owned low-cost subsidiary of Singapore Airlines.
- He has 26 years of aviation industry expertise across both full service and low-cost airlines.
- Earlier, Tata Sons had announced the appointment of former chairman of Turkish Airlines Ilker Aycias the CEO and MD of Air India.
6. Who among the following is new CEC?
A) Manoj Kumar
B) Sushil Chandra
C) Campbell Wilson
D) Rajiv Kumar
Answer: D) Rajiv Kumar
- Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar was appointed as the next chief election commissioner.
- He will assume charge on May 15 after incumbent Sushil Chandra demits office on May 14, a notification issued by the law ministry.
7. Who among the following took over as the new DGMO?
A) Lt GenAnirudha Chakravarty
B) Lt Gen Manoj Kumar Katiyar
C) Lt Gen John A George
D) Lt Gen Gopal Singh Bisht
E) Lt GenRavindra Singh Panwar
Answer: B) Lt Gen Manoj Kumar Katiyar
- Lt Gen Manoj Kumar Katiyar assumed the appointment of the Director General of Military Operations.
- He has replaced Lt Gen BS Raju, who has now become the Vice Chief of the Army Staff.
- Lt Gen Manoj Kumar Katiyar was commanding the prestigious 1 Corps, popularly known as the Strike One – a strike formation responsible for offensive operations against both Pakistan and China.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs May 12
8. Who among the following and AWS launched initiative to help academic institutions on technology?
C) Apeejay Education
E) IIT Bombay
Answer: C) Apeejay Education
- Apeejay Education and Amazon Web Services announced the launch of an initiative NEPAP to help the academic institutions to use technology extensively in teaching and create public digital infrastructure in the education sector aligned to the NEP 2020 vision.
- The National Education Policy Accelerator Program (NEPAP) will guide academic institutions on multiple aspects of the National Education Policy 2020 (NEP 2020), said a joint statement by Apeejay Education and Amazon.com.
- The accelerator programme will address two key tenets of the NEP 2020 – the extensive use of technology in teaching, learning, education planning and management, and in the creation of open, interoperable, evolvable, public digital infrastructure in the education sector to support multiple platforms.
- The NEPAP will have a collaborative approach to identify and solve challenges through scalable education technology solutions, create a community of EdTechs aligned to NEP requirements and support implementation and train resources for successful deployment of solutions on campus.
- WS will drive workshops based on the Amazon Working Backwards innovation methodology.
- The accelerator programme will also create the NEP Solution Finder, a catalogue of NEP 2020-aligned technology solutions developed by EdTechs in India.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs May 12
9. Indian Army to buy how many more Made-in-India ‘Swathi’ weapon-locating radars for China border?
Answer: E) 12
- In a major boost for the Indian Army on the China front, the force has put up a proposal to the defence ministry for buying 12 Swathi weapon-locating radars developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- The Indian Army has initiated this proposal worth around Rs 1,000 crore Swathi WLRs and it is planned to be put for consideration by a high-level Defence Ministry meeting.
- The weapon-locating radars developed by the DRDO and built by Bharat Electronics Limited had achieved major success and were supplied to Armenia as well.
- The Indian Army has been using the radars for its operations along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The system was given for trial in the Army in 2018.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 12
10. Nepali Sherpa woman climbed Mt Everest for ____ time, breaks own record?
Answer: A) 10th
- A Nepali Sherpa broke her own record as the most successful female climber of Mount Everest by reaching the summit of the world’s highest peak.
- Lakpa Sherpa and several other climbers took advantage of favourable weather to reach the 8,849-meter (29,032-foot) summit early in the morning, her brother and expedition organizer Mingma Gelu.
- It was her 10th the most times any woman has climbed Everest and she has always said she wanted to inspire all women so they too can achieve their dreams.
11. India and which of the following country inked MoU on cooperation in broadcasting?
Answer: D) Madagascar
- India’s public broadcaster Prasar Bharati has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Madagascar’s official ORTM (Office de la Radio et de la Television) for cooperation and collaboration in broadcasting.
- The MoU was signed by Indian Ambassador Abhay Kumar and Director General of ORTM Jean Yves
- The TVM (Madagascar National Television) will broadcast programmes from internal productions of PrasarBharati in the fields of culture, education, science, entertainment, sports, news as well as other areas of mutual interest.
- Both sides will explore co-production opportunities related to matters of mutual interest and will arrange training for TVM personnel in India.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 12
12. Which of the following state ministers launch subsidised meals scheme for attendants of patients in Govt hospitals?
A) Andra Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Telangana
- Telangana Health Minister T Harish Rao and state Home Minister Mohammed Mahmood Ali launched the subsidised meal programme of ‘Rs 5 meals’ to attendants of patients at government hospitals.
- Hyderabad Mayor GadwalVijayalakshmi launched the scheme at another government hospital in the city.
- As part of the programme, three meals a day would be provided to attendants of patients in 18 major government hospitals at Rs 5 per meal.
- The Government decided to launch a scheme at an annual estimated cost of Rs 3866.88 lakh to provide three meals a day to attendants of patients.
- The Telangana State Medical Services and Infrastructure Development Corporation (TSMSIDC) will act as the nodal department in implementing the scheme and will arrange for provision of three meals a day to attendants through the Hare Krishna Movement Charitable Foundation.
13. Who among the following Union Minister inaugurated Centre of Excellence for Khadi?
A) Narendra Singh Tomar
B) Piyush Goyal
C) Narayan Rane
E) Prahlad Joshi
Answer: C) Narayan Rane
- Union minister Narayan Rane inaugurated the Centre of Excellence for Khadi.
- The centre seeks to add the indigenous fabric’s appeal, especially amongst youth, by introducing latest designs and adopting international standard processes.
- The Centre of Excellence for Khadi (CoEK) hub at the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi, and its spokes in Gandhinagar, Shillong, Kolkata and Bengaluru were opened by the minister.
- Rane also launched the CoEK website where the latest design and technology interventions will be uploaded for usage of the khadi institutions.
14. First ever Bird festival being organised in which of the following State/UT?
D) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: D) Jammu and Kashmir
- Tourism Department Kashmir will soon organise a first of its kind Bird Festival to promote sustainable ecotourism and give impetus to nature based alternative sources of livelihood to the local people.
- The festival would jointly be organized by the Tourism Department, Forests and Wildlife Departments with the support of Sanctuary Nature Foundation, a Mumbai based organization working for the preservation of birds and other wildlife.
- The festival is tentatively being planned to be held in the tourist resort of Pahalgam and Dachigam areas Secretary Tourism & Culture, SarmadHafeez during a meeting of officers.
15. NABARD sanctioned how many crores for projects in Assam in FY22?
A) Rs 9700 cr
B) Rs 9900 cr
C) Rs 9500 cr
D) Rs 9600 cr
E) Rs 9800 cr
Answer: A) Rs 9700 cr
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) during the financial year 2021-22 has sanctioned Rs.9700 crores for various projects and activities in Assam.
- This includes Rs 7600 crores for infrastructure projects of State Government, Rs.2065 crore to various financial institutions etc.
- BaijuKurup, Chief General Manager, NABARD, Assam Regional Office stated in addition to it, an amount of Rs.26.30 crore was extended as grant for various development interventions like setting up of Farmer Producers Organizations, Tribal Development Programs, micro-credit innovation projects etc.
- Notable facilitations include financial support under NABARD Infrastructure Development Assistance (NIDA), to Assam Infrastructure Financing Authority (AIFA) (a Government of Assam entity) for setting up Medical colleges, Engineering Colleges, Model Colleges, Green field roads for better connectivity.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Science and Technology