Daily Current Affairs March 28
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 28. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 28 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 28
1. Who among the following was won Saudi Arabian Grand Prix?
B) Charles Leclerc
C) Max Verstappen
D) Fernando Alonso
E) Daniel Ricciardo
Answer: C) Max Verstappen
- Formula one champion Max Verstappen swept past Ferrari rival Charles Leclerc four laps from the finish to take his first win of the season at Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.
- The win was the 21st of Verstappen’s career and handed him his first points of the year after Red Bull’s double retirement in Bahrain.
2. Name the Badminton player who won women’s singles category at the Polish Open International Challenge badminton tournament?
A) Ratchnok Intanaon
B) Anupama Upadhyaya
C) Tasnim Mir
D) Chen Yufei
E) An Se-young
Answer: B) Anupama Upadhyaya
- Indian shuttlers Kiran George won the men’s singles title and 17 year old AnupamaUpadhyayawon the women’s singles title at the Polish Open International Challenge badminton tournament in Arłamow.
- George retained the title after defeating Chia Hao Lee of Chinese Taipei 21-15 21-14 in the summit clash.
- Upadhyaya prevailed over fellow Indian Aditi Bhatt 17-21 21-14 21-17 in the women’s singles final.
3. Ajay Jayaram is related which sports who retires from international match?
Answer: E) Badminton
- Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaramhas retired from international badminton, bringing down the curtain to his nearly two-decade long professional career.
- The 34-year-old former world number 13, who had won the Dutch Open twice besides finishing runner-up at the Korea Open Super Series in 2015.
- Jayaram had finished runner-up at the 2018 Vietnam Open Super 100, besides ending second best at the Dutch Open Grand Prix in 2010 and 2016, and White Nights International Challenge in 2018 and Belgian Open International in 2021.
- Jayaram was also a member of the 2016 Indian men’s team that claimed a bronze medal in Asia Team Championships.
- He last played at the Odisha Open Super 100 tournament in January 2022.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 28
4. Which among the following bank and EaseMyTrip partner to launch an environment-friendly green debit card?
A) DBS Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) HSBC India
D) Deutsche Bank
E) ICICI Bank
Answer: A) DBS Bank
- DBS Bank India has partnered with EaseMyTrip to launch an environment-friendly international debit card made using 99% recycled polyvinyl chloride (PVC) material.
- The digibankEaseMyTrip Green Debit Card provides exclusive travel-related offers to customers and rewards them for adopting eco-friendly practices while encouraging them to reduce their carbon footprint.
- EaseMyTrip website and mobile app, offering a 10% discount up to INR 2000 on flight ticket bookings and up to 17% discount on stays at select eco-friendly hotels & resorts.
- This card allows withdrawal up to INR 1,50,000 per day from any bank’s ATM in India and overseas and allows purchases worth up to INR 1,50,000 in India and up to INR 1,00,000 across merchant outlets globally.
5. Name the company that selects Google Cloud to modernise IT operations?
A) STC India
D) MMTC Ltd
E) Adani Group
Answer: E) Adani Group
- Ports-to-energy conglomerate Adani Group announced a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, as the duo teamed up to modernise Adani’s IT operations for future scale and group-wide innovation.
- The first phase of the partnership with the Adani Group making swift progress migrating its extensive IT footprint from its existing on-premises data centre and colocation facilities to Google Cloud.
- Moving Adani’s 250-plus business-critical applications, such as its SAP HANA core, and peripheral systems to Google Cloud’s secure, reliable and high-speed cloud infrastructure will centralise workflows, streamline operations, and enable business users to tap powerful new data capabilities for fast and accurate decision making.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs March 28
6. Which company to acquire 7% stake in AvaadaKNShorapur?
B) TATA Play
D) My Jio
E) Sun Direct
Answer: C) Airtel
- Bharti Airtel has entered into an agreement for the acquisition of 7.036 per cent equity stake in AvaadaKNShorapur, a special purpose vehicle formed for the purpose of owning and operating the captive power plant, in terms of the regulatory requirement for captive power consumption under electricity laws.
- The objects and effects of the acquisition are to comply with the regulatory requirement for captive power plants under the provisions of Electricity Act 2003 and Indian Electricity Rules’ 2005 and procurement of cost-effective renewable energy.
- AvaadaKNShorapur is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) under AvaadaIndicleanto develop, execute, manage and run up to 10 MW solar power generation plants in Karnataka under the state policy relating to production, supply and distribution of solar energy.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 28
7. Kalyan Jewellers appoints who among the following as its Chairman?
A) TN. Chatruvedi
B) Vinod Rai
C) Rajiv Mehrishi
D) VK. Shunglu
E) Shashi Kant Sharma
Answer: B) Vinod Rai
- KalyanJewellers India Ltd appointed former Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) and the former chair of the United Nations Panel of External Auditors Vinod Rai as its Chairman and independent non-executive director.
- T S Kalyanaramanwill continue as Managing Director on the company’s board.
- He has also served as the Chairman of the Banks Board Bureau, a body set up by the government to reform public banking in the country.
- Rai has been awarded the Padma Bhushanin recognition of his services to the country.
- Vinod Rai’s appointment as chairman makes him the 8th non-executive director on the board of the jewellery firm.
8. PramodSawant sworn in as the Chief Minister of which state?
Answer: E) Goa
- Three-time MLA PramodSawant led the BJP to win 20 seats in the recently concluded elections to the 40-member Goa Assembly, was sworn as the state’s chief minister for the second time.
- Goa Governor P S Sreedharan Pillai administered the oath to Sawant (48) in a ceremony held at DrSyama Prasad Mookerjee stadium near the state capital Panaji.
- Sawant took the oath in Konkani language.
- This is his second term as the state’s chief minister.
- He became the CM for the first time in March 2019 after the demise of then chief minister Manohar Parrikar.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 28
9. Who among the following won Best Actor category award in Oscars Awards 2022?
A) Tom Honks
B) Will Smith
C) Johnny Depp
D) Jack Nicholson
E) Tom Cruise
Answer: B) Will Smith
The 94th Oscars Award 2022 Full List:
|Best Actress||Jessica Chastain (The Eyes of Tammy Faye)|
|Best Actor||Will Smith (King Richard)|
|Best Director||Jane Campion (The Power of the Dog)|
|Best Visual Effects||Dune|
|Best Cinematography||Greig Fraser (Dune)|
|Best supporting Actress||Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)|
|Best supporting Actor||Troy Kotsur (CODA)|
|Best Makeup and Hairstyling||The Eyes of Tammy Faye|
|Best Documentary Short Subject||The Queen of Basketball|
|Best Animated Feature||Encanto|
|Best Live Action Short||The Long Goodbye|
|Best Animated Short Film||The Windshield Wiper|
|Best International Film||Drive My Car|
|Best Adapted Screenplay||Sian Heder (CODA)|
|Best Original Screenplay||Kenneth Branagh (Belfast)|
|Costume Design||Jenny Beavan (Cruella)|
|Best Original Song||Billie Eilish and Finneas O’Connell (No Time to Die)|
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 28
10. Indian Army snipers get latest Sako TRG-42 rifles from which country?
E) North Korea
Answer: D) Finland
- The Indian Army has inducted the latest sniper rifles from Finland for soldiers deployed along the Line of Control (LoC), are Sako .338 TRG-42 sniper rifles (developed by the Finnish gun maker SAKO) in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Sako .338 TRG-42 sniper rifles have a better range, firepower, and telescopic sights than those possessed by the adversary.
- The Sako rifles have replaced the .338 Lapua Magnum Scorpio TGT by Beretta.
- The rifle is designed to fire powerful .338 Lapua Magnum-sized cartridges and weighing at 6.55 kgs without ammunition, the sniper rifle has an effective range of 1,500 metres.
- The Army has sanctioned a team of 10 snipers, selected from the Indian Army’s units.
11. DRDO tests Army version of medium range surface to air missile in which place?
Answer: C) Odisha
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) conducted two successful flight tests of the Indian Army version of Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) at Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- The flight tests were carried out as part of the live firing trials against high-speed aerial targets.
- The missiles intercepted the aerial targets and destroyed them completely, registering direct hits at both ranges.
- The first launch was to intercept a medium-altitude long-range target and the second launch was for proving the capability of a low altitude short-range target.
- This MRSAM was jointly developed by DRDO and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), Israel for use by the Indian Army.
- The MRSAM Army weapon system comprises multi-function radar, mobile launcher system and other vehicles.
- The flight tests were carried out with the weapon system in deliverable configuration.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 28
12. Former Indian envoy Rajamonyto which country presents copy of his book to President Kovind?
Answer: A) Netherlands
- Former Indian Ambassador to the Netherlands VenuRajamonypresented him a copy of his book, ‘India and the Netherlands: Past, Present and Future’ to President Ram NathKovind.
- Rajamony, currently an Officer on Special Duty to the Kerala government, briefed the exits relation between countries and the importance of the Netherlands as an economic partner of India.
- Described Dutch strengths in areas such as water and agriculture and pointed out that the state of Kerala has forged strong bonds with the country.
- The first copy of the book on India and the Netherlands was received by the king Willem Alexander in a grand function in Amsterdam in September 2019.
- The book which provides vivid snapshots of relations over the centuries and describes the compelling personalities.
13. Which state government CM announced a doorstep ration delivery scheme?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Punjab
- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann announced the rollout of the doorstep ration delivery scheme, the poor will no longer need to stand in queues as good quality ration will be delivered at their doorstep.
- The scheme will be optional for the eligible beneficiaries, was an optional.
- Corresponding officers will make a phone call to the beneficiaries and ration will be delivered at their homes as per their convenience and availability.
- In this age of digitalization, various items of daily needs including food items, are delivered at people’s doorsteps at one phone call.
14. West Bengal governor inauguratedthe which institution’s supercomputer PARAM Shakti?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Kharagpur
D) IIT Hyderabad
E) IIT Roorkee
Answer: C) IIT Kharagpur
- West Bengal Governor JagdeepDhankhar inaugurated the Supercomputer PARAM Shakti which will accelerate research and development activities in IIT Kharagpur.
- A supercomputer is a very fast computer used in advanced scientific applications.
- PARAM Shakti was developed under the National Supercomputing Mission – a joint initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and the Department of Science and Technology.
15. The Mega RashtriyaSanskritiMahotsav 2022 was concluded at RAJAMAHENDRAVARAM in which state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: D) Andhra Pradesh
- First leg of the Mega festival RashtriyaSanskritiMahotsav 2022 organised under the aegis of AzadiKaAmritMahotsav , at Arts college Ground, RAJAMAHENDRAVARAM, Andhra Pradesh.
- The festival was inaugurated by Governor, Andhra Pradesh Shri BiswabhusanHarichandanand Union Minister for Culture, Tourism and DoNERShri G. K Reddy.
- Organized for the first time in the Telugu states of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.
- The RashtriyaSanskritiMahotsav had an auspicious beginning with a discourse on Bhagvad Gita by Sri GangadharSastry.
- The instrumental in showcasing folk and tribal art, dance, music, cuisines and culture of one state in other states reinforcing PM Modi’s cherished goal of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”, presenting the rich culture of southern states as well as introduce the local population to the varied culture of other parts of India.
- The highlight of the Mahotsav was the choreographed presentation by over 540 Zonal folk artists representing various states of India and 280 folk artists from Andhra Pradesh.
16. 10 days mega _______Festival named Bharat BhagyaVidhata begin?
A) Raj Ghat
B) Red Fort
C) India Gate
D) Agra Fort
E) Rashtrapati Bhavan
Answer: B) Red Fort
- The ten-day mega Red Fort Festival Bharat BhagyaVidhatahas started at the iconic 17th century monument Red Fort in Delhi inaugurated by was theWomen and Child Development Minister SmritiIranito join hands for making a New India.
- The Red Fort mega festival-Bharat BhagyaVidhata is being organised as part of AzadikaAmritMahotsav by Ministry of Culture.
- The festival aims to commemorate the heritage of the country and culture of every part of India.
- The festival Bharat BhagyaVidhata will help everyone to appreciate the diversity of India.
- More than 70 master craftsmen have displayed their craftsmanship at the venue.
17. National Board for Wildlifedecided to observeNational Dolphin Day which date?
A) October 5
B) October 4
C) October 7
D) October 2
E) October 6
Answer: A) October 5
- The union environment ministry has designated October 5 as National Dolphin Day, to be observed annually starting this year for generating awareness and community participation is integral for the conservation of dolphins including the Gangetic Dolphin.
- The decision to designate a National Dolphin Day was taken by the standing committee of the National Board for Wildlife (NBWL).