Daily Current Affairs March 20
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 20. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 20 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 20
1. CRPF holds 83rd Raising Day parade in Jammu, first time outside Delhi:
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) conducted its Raising Day parade outside its Delhi headquarters for the first time with Union Home Minister Amit Shah taking salute at the march past in Jammu.
- CRPF has established the tradition of considering the security of the country and its countrymen above itself.
- In 1950 the country’s first Home Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel gave CRPF its colours.
- Flanked by CRPF Director General Kuldeip Singh, the home minister handed over gallantry medals to the force personnel and trophies for best establishments in different categories at the event held at the Maulana Azad Stadium in the heart of Jammu city.
- This was for the first time that the CRPF Day parade was held outside its headquarters in Delhi.
- This force of 3.25 lakh jawans should rededicate itself to internal security and the security of the nation and resolve to carry forward the great history of the CRPF.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 20
2. Pankaj Advani bags Asian Billiards title for 8th time:
- Ace Indian cueist Pankaj Advani defeated compatriot Dhruv Sitwala by six frames to win his eighth title to extend the lead to 2-0at the 19th Asian 100 UP Billiards Championship 2022.
- This is Advani’s 40th international title and 8th Asian crown.
- In the third frame, Advani opened up a 84-14 lead and went up three frames to nil and resorted to white pot at 87 and positioned it well for a red in-off the spot.
- Sitwala fought back and pulled one back when his famed opponent missed a red early in the frame.
- He came up with a 82 break to reduce the lead.
- Advani won the fifth frame to establish a 4-1 lead and stormed ahead to take the sixth too.
- Sitwala capitalised on a miss by his countryman to take the seventh frame before Advani re-focussed to capture the eighth frame despite an impressive break by his opponent for a 6-2 triumph.
- Earlier, Advani had held off the stiff challenge of Pauk Sa of Myanmar to secure a spot in the final.
- He managed a 5-4 win after his opponent fought back strongly to level the match at four frames each.
3. India finish on ninth spot in Nicosia Shotgun World Cup with one silver:
- The trio of Prithviraj Tondaiman, Zoravar Singh Sandhu and Vivaan Kapoor lost 2-6 to Kuwait in the men’s trap final to clinch a silver as India finished a disappointing ninth in the the year’s first International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup for Shotgun in Nicosia, Cyprus.
- India was represented by an 11-member shotgun contingent in the event, according to a release issued by the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI).
- In the 12-team qualification round, the Indian team shot admirably well for a score of 214 out of 225, enabling a second-place finish to Kuwait, who topped with 217.
- The Kuwaiti dominance then extended in the final as the Indians came out second best. Poland beat Turkey 6-4 to bag the bronze medal.
- Two-time Olympian Mairaj Ahmad Khan shot 119 out of 125, including two perfect series of 25 each, but still missed out on a semifinal spot by a point.
- He finished ninth among medal contenders in a field of over 100.
- Close to 350 athletes from around 50 countries participated in the Shotgun World Cup in Nicosia, where 14 nations won medals.
- Italy finished at the top of the standings with three of the 10 gold medals on offer, while Turkey came second and Slovakia third.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 20
4. SBI lines-up 12 NPA accounts for sale to ARCs to recover dues of over Rs 820 cr:
- SBI has lined-up a dozen non-performing assets (NPAs) on sale to recover loan dues of over Rs 820 crore.
- In terms of the bank’s policy on sale of financial assets, in line with the regulatory guidelines, it has placed these accounts for sale to asset reconstruction companies (ARCs)/banks/Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs)/financial institutions (FIs), on the terms and conditions indicated there against.
- NPA account Topworth Urja & Metals Ltd, with a loan outstanding of Rs 396.74 crore is to be sold in an e-auction to be held on March 29, 2022.
- With reserve price fixed at Rs 85 crore, the NPA account will be sold on a cash/cash-cum-SR ratio of 50:50.
- Another account, Balasore Alloys with dues of Rs 186.10 crore (reserve price Rs 178.22 crore) will also be e-auctioned on March 29.
- SBI will conduct e-auction of as many as six accounts on March 30 with a total outstanding of Rs 112.05 crore, these accounts are:
- Anupam Industries with outstanding of Rs 46.38 crore, Clutch Auto (Rs 26.14 crore), Kingston Paptech Pvt Ltd (Rs 17.15 crore), Sambhav EXIM (Rs 11.39 crore), Vraj Cotspin Pvt Ltd (Rs 8.06 crore) and Ghantakarna Enterprise (Rs 2.93 crore).
- SBI will auction the rest of four NPA accounts on April 13, with total dues of Rs 125.32 crore, these NPA accounts are :
- Anamika Conductors having an outstanding of Rs 102.30 crore loan; Madhav Cotton Ginning & Pressing Factory (Rs 16.80 crore) ; Om Kailash Cotton (Rs 5.23 crore) and Ajanta Ellora Estates (Rs 0.99 crore).
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs March 20
5. Tata Steel extends association with PGTI for 3 more years:
- Tata Steel extended its partnership with PGTI for three more years.
- The deal was inked at the Tollygunje Club on the final day of the TATA Steel PGTI Players Championship 2022.
- It would double the prize money of the season-ending Tata Steel Tour Championship to Rs 3 crore.
- Tata Steel first came onboard as umbrella partner of PGTI in 2019 by signing a three-year contract with the controlling body for professional golf in India.
- This Collaboration is for developing and nurturing sporting talent in the country.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 20
6. Neeraj Chopra, Mirabai Chanu ace Sportstar awards:
- Chopra, the reigning Olympic javelin champion, won the ‘Sportstar of the Year (Male)’ award.
- Weightlifter Mirabai Chanu claimed the silver medal at the Tokyo Olympics, received the ‘Sportstar of the Year (Female)’ award.
- It was held at the Taj Mahal Palace hotel.
- The awards were presented by BYJU’s Classes, with IDFC First Bank as the Associate Partner.
- The jury panel was led by legendary India cricketer Sunil Gavaskar. Former India hockey captain MM Somaya, chess stalwart Viswanathan Anand, former India football captain Bhaichung Bhutia, and Olympians Anjali Bhagwat and Aparna Popat were the other members of the jury.
|Sportsman of the Year||R Ashwin (Cricket)|
|Sportswoman of the Year||Mithali Raj (Cricket)|
|Sportsmen of the Year, Team Sports||Rupinder Pal Singh and Harmanpreet Singh|
|Sportswoman of the Year, Team Sports||Savita Punia|
|Breakthrough Performance of the Year||Indian women’s hockey team|
7. India’s Suresh Raina gets ‘Sports Icon’ award from Maldives govt:
- Former India cricketer Suresh Raina prestigious with the ‘Sports Icon’ award at the Maldives Sports Awards 2022 by the Maldives government.
- He was nominated alongside 16 international sportspersons, including former Real Madrid player Roberto Carlos, Jamaican Sprinter Asafa Powell, former Sri Lankan captain and cricketer Sanath Jayasuriya and Dutch football legend Edgar Davids.
- The Maldives Sports Awards 2022 was held at Synthetic Running Track in Male.
- The event was chaired by the President of Maldives Ibrahim Mohamed Solih, Sports Ministers, world-renowned athletes and Maldivian athletes.
- The Maldives Sports Awards 2022 was aimed at restructuring the historical awards ceremony as a national endeavour.
- This awards ceremony to be a consistent, yearly event, to properly give credit, support, and recognition to the athletes in various sports.
- “Maldives Sports Award” for 2022 for his efforts in developing Saudi sports and striving to achieve the goals of the Kingdom’s Vision 2030.
- Raina is known for aiding the Indian cricket team to its World Cup glory back in 2011 and has also won the Indian Premier League (IPL) trophy four times with the Chennai Super Kings(CSK) franchise.
- He is the first Indian player to score 6000 as well as 8000 runs in a Twenty20 career and the first-ever cricketer to reach 5,000 runs in IPL.
- He also holds the record for scoring the most fifties in Champions League T20 history.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 20
8. NMDC, IIT Kharagpur join hands for drone-based mineral exploration:
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC), the country’s largest iron ore producer has signed an MoU with the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur for drone-based mineral exploration to develop spectral products, methods, and algorithms for exploration using the Drone (UAV) for mining.
- Further lead to the development of software spectral tools for mineral excavation and capacity-building programmes on mining technology.
- NMDC would be the first CPSE in India to conduct Drone-based Geophysical Surveys and Hyperspectral Studies for Mineral Exploration in the country.
- NMDC, a central public sector undertaking (CPSE) under the Ministry of Steel, has been exploring minerals for six decades for a wide range of minerals such as Copper, Rock phosphate, Limestone, Magnesite, Diamond, Tungsten, and Beach sands amongst others.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 20
9. Russia uses ‘Kinzhal’ hypersonic missiles for first time since war begins, destroys Ukraine arms depot:
- Russian military has used Kinzhal hypersonic missiles, for the first time since the start of the war on February 24, to destroy an arms depot near the city of Ivano-Frankivsk in western Ukraine.
- Kinzhal missiles are carried by MiG-31K supersonic interceptor aircraft, which NATO calls ‘Foxhound’.
- Kinzhal, means ‘dagger’ in English and these ammunitions are able to penetrate any existing air defences by travelling at a whopping speed of up to Mach 10 and constantly manoeuvring during their flight.
- It targeted a large underground depot of missiles and aerial munitions of the Ukrainian forces in the village of Deliatyn.
- The hardware is one of several hypersonic systems prepared for the country’s military in recent years, together with the Avangard glider, which is fitted on silo-based ICBMs, and Zircon (Tsirkon) missiles, developed for the navy.
10. India and Japan announce clean energy partnership following talks between PM Modi and PM Kishida:
- India and Japan launched a Clean Energy Partnership (CEP) at 14th Annual Summit for cooperation towards achieving sustainable economic growth, addressing climate change and ensuring energy security is being held in New Delhi.
- The partnership will lead to clean growth by boosting job creation, innovation and investments and to demonstrate the world that India and Japan are at the forefront in delivering on the ambitious climate and sustainable development goals.
- India-Japan Clean Energy Partnership (CEP) for cooperation towards achieving sustainable economic growth, addressing climate change and ensuring energy security, in areas such as electric vehicles (EV), storage systems including batteries, electric vehicle charging infrastructure (EVCI), solar energy, clean including green hydrogen/ammonia, wind energy, exchange of views on respective energy transition plans, energy efficiency, CCUS (Carbon dioxide Capturing, Utilization and Storage) and Carbon Recycling.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 20
11. Odisha observes ‘Pakhala Dibas’:
- Odisha observed March 20 as the ‘Pakhala Dibas’ to mark the popularity of the state’s main staple food since ages even in the age of pizza, burgers and other fast food items.
- The initiative was started in 2015 by Odias to celebrate their traditional food worldwide.
- Pakhala (rice water) is the Odia term for an Indian dish consisting of cooked rice that is lightly fermented in water.
- This particular Odia food is consumed by all from ultra-rich families to the working and labour classes.
- There are many varieties of Pakhala like Dahi Pakhala, Jeera Pakhala, Ghee Pakhala, Garama Pakhala, Basi Pakhala, Chupuda Pakhala. Subas Pakhala, Mali Phula Pakhala, Meetha Pakhala, Tava Pakhala and Pani Pakhala.
- Apart from Odisha, the poor people of neighbouring West Bengal, Jharkhand, Chhattishgarh and others also frequently use Pakhala as the main diet during the day.
12. Haryana Governor, CM inaugurates 35th Surajkund International Crafts Mela:
- Haryana Governor Bandaru Dattatraya and Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated the 35th Surajkund International Crafts Mela for development of civilization and culture in art and crafts.
- It was hosted by the Surajkund Mela Authority and Haryana Tourism in collaboration with the Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture, External Affairs and Government of Haryana, this festival has come to occupy a place of pride and prominence on the international tourism calendar for its display of crafts, culture and cuisine of India.
- Suraj Kund Crafts fair helps thousands of craftsperson from across India to showcase their arts and products.
- This years’ Suraj Kund Crafts Mela is special as organized when we are celebrating Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Jammu and Kashmir is the ‘Theme State’ of the 35th Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2022.
- This year over 30 countries will be a part of the Mela, which includes the Partner Nation- Uzbekistan.
- The Mela was first organized in 1987.
13. PS Tamang launches Gramin Sanchar Abhiyan:
- Sikkim Chief Minister PS Tamang, ĺaunched ‘Gramin Sanchar Abhiyan’, at Mintogang.
- Minister of Information LN Sharma and advisor V. Tamling were also present for the launching ceremony.
- Sikkim’s rural areas have little Internet access, will be connected to Common Centres, Fair Price Shops, Milk Collection Centres and similar places where the public gathers in rural areas.
- To ensure maximum dissemination of information to rural people, in particular about government schemes and programs, this is being done.
- This will also improve communication between the Govt. and the public.
14. Guj govt launches fifth phase of water conservation campaign, to generate 25 lakh mandays of work under MGNREGA:
- The Gujarat government launched the fifth phase of its Sujalam Sufalam Jal Abhiyan, a water conservation campaign, from Kolavada village in Gandhinagar district.
- Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel launched the project with the deepening of a lake in the village, with the state aiming to carry out around 13,000 water conservation works by May 31.
- The projects are estimated to increase the state’s water storage capacity by 15,000 lakh cubic feet and provide more than 25 lakh mandays of employment to workers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
- The projects include deepening of lakes, desilting of check dams and reservoirs, cleaning and revitalisation of monsoon rivers, repairing and construction of check dams.
15. Centre extends timeline for converting debt into equity for startups to 10 years:
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has reviewed the extent of FDI policy in India and announced various amendments.
- Among the key notable modifications is for startups, as the government extended the timeline to 10 years to convert debt investment in a company into equity shares.
- Convertible note means an instrument issued by a startup company acknowledging receipt of money initially as debt, which is repayable at the option of the holder, or which is convertible into such number of equity shares of such startup company, within a period not exceeding ten years from the date of issue of the convertible note, upon the occurrence of specified events as per the other terms and conditions agreed to and indicated in the instrument.
- Investor can invest in a startup using convertible notes which are debt or loan instruments and the investor has option of converting his or her debt investment in a startup into equity shares after the company has achieved some milestone or its performance is healthy.
- The period for this conversion is now set for 10 years.
- The investor can ask startups to convert their money invested as debt into equity shares.
- Convertible notes are generally debt instrument that is usually opted by angel or seed investors who are looking to invest in an early-stage startup that has not been valued explicitly.