Daily Current Affairs March 09
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 09. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 09 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 09
1. No Smoking Day 2022:
- No Smoking Day is observed every year on the second Wednesday of March to let them know about the massive side effects of smoking and encourage them to quit it.
- This year, No Smoking Day is being observed on March 9. It is mainly celebrated in the United Kingdom inspired by No Tobacco Day.
- According to the Global Youth Tobacco Survey (GYTS) conducted by the International Institute of population sciences (IIPS), 8.5% of students 9.6% of boys and 7.4% of girl currently used any tobacco products.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 09
2. Ravindra Jadeja becomes No.1 ranked all-rounder in Tests:
- Ravindra Jadeja displaced West Indies’ Jason Holder to grab the top spot.
- The India all-rounder was adjudged Player of The Match for his unbeaten 175-run knock and 9 wickets in the Mohali Test against Sri Lanka.
- The India all-rounder was adjudged Player of the Match for scoring a sublime unbeaten 175 in the first innings to help India to a formidable 574/8 declared.
- He followed it up with a five-wicket haul in Sri Lanka’s first innings, and the pick of the figures in the second innings too with 4/46.
- Jadeja 175* was also the highest score by an Indian batting at No.7 or lower in Test cricket, bettering Kapil Dev’s long-standing record.
- Jason Holder is now at the second spot while Jadeja’s teammate Ravichandran Ashwin slipped to the third spot.
- Meanwhile former India captain Virat Kohli, who played his 100th Test recently, returned to the top five in Test rankings for batters and wicketkeeper-batter Rishabh Pant entered the top 10.
- Australia’s Marnus Labuschagne remained the top-ranked batter in the world, and his rating of 936 has him at No.12 on the all-time list.
3. Indian GM S L Narayanan wins Cattolica International Open chess tourney; Praggnanandhaa finishes second:
- The 24-year old Indian Grandmaster S L Narayanan emerged winner in the Grandiscacchi Cattolica International Open his compatriot R Praggnanandhaa finished runner-up.
- He drew against Pier Luigi Basso (Italy) in the ninth and final round with our wins and secured five draws to score 6.5 points.
- Narayanan and six others, including Praggnanandhaa, finished equal first on 6.5 points after nine rounds.
- Praggnanandhaa too finished with four wins and five draws.
- India’s Pranav Anand, an International Master, secured ninth spot with six points while another Indian Akshat Khamparia took the 11th place scoring the same number of points.
4. Sardar Singh is chief hockey coach:
- Former Indian Men’s Hockey Team Captain Sardar Singh has been appointed the Chief National Coach of India ‘A’ Men’s hockey team for the national camp to commence at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) in Bengaluru.
- Sardar Singh is an Olympian who is currently posted in Haryana Police as a Deputy Superintendent of Poice.
- He is also a recipient of the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna award, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, Padam Shri and Arjuna Award.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 09
5. On the Account of International Women’s Day, ICICI Lombard Introduces ‘RIA’, Intelligent Virtual Assistant:
- ICICI Lombard general insurance company, on the occasion of Women’s Day has introduced RIA (Responsive Intelligent Assistant), an NLP-enabled chatbot that will help upgrade the end user experience.
- The chatbot comes in a human like avatar that enables conversation with customers in English, and will soon be able to do so in Hindi as well.
- RIA uses cutting edge technology to process natural language as an input and comes equipped with an intent-mining module that will help provide a great conversational experience to customers.
- RIA will help resolve customer queries through multiple platforms like WhatsApp, Telegram, and the official website.
- RIA is a good listener and a quick problem solver.
- RIA can perceive the context of a conversation even when there is minimum input from the customers.
- Once she perceives the context, RIA will activate menus that are most closely related to the inputs.
- RIA is extremely prompt and can communicate with clients, comprehend their expectations, process their requests, and provide the best possible solution to their queries all within a few seconds.
- It can also educate and help customers with motor vehicle claims, e-copies of policy documents, policy renewals, modification/updation of policy information and any other relevant services.
- The chatbot uses conversational AI to overcome the conventional rigid flow of automated conversations, and is able to deliver a naturally flowing conversation that is indistinguishable from human interaction.
6. Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance and Bharat Co-operative Bank (Mumbai) Ltd. Ink Bancassurance Partnership:
- To offer life insurance solutions of Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance the life insurance subsidiary of Aditya Birla Capital Limited (ABCL), and Bharat Co-operative Bank (Mumbai) Ltd. have announced their bancassurance partnership.
- This partnership enables ABSLI to directly reach out to these customers through Bharat Co-operative Bank’s (Mumbai) 103 branches and fulfil their life insurance and investment planning needs.
- This will further strengthen ABSLI’s extensive distribution reach across the urban and semi-urban areas of Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Gujarat.
7. Interest subsidy scheme for exporters extended till March 2024: RBI:
- The Government approved Reserve Bank of India to extend the interest equalisation scheme for pre and post shipment rupee credit for MSME exporters till March 2024 with the objective of boosting outbound shipments.
- Exporters get subsidy under the ‘Interest Equalisation Scheme for pre and post-shipment Rupee Export Credit’.
- The interest equalisation rates under the scheme have been revised to 2 per cent and 3 per cent for specified categories of MSME manufacturer exporters.
- The scheme will not apply to telecom instruments and entities availing benefits under the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme of the government.
- While issuing approval to the exporter, the bank will be required to furnish the prevailing interest rate, the interest subvention being provided, and the net rate being charged to each exporter, so as to ensure transparency and greater accountability in the operation of the scheme.
- From April 1, 2022, banks shall reduce the interest rate charged to the eligible exporters upfront as per the guidelines and submit the claims in original within 15 days from the end of the respective month in the prescribed format.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs March 09
8. Zeta partner Mastercard to power next-gen credit processing for banks, fintechs:
- Zeta, a banking tech unicorn and provider of next-gen credit card processing to banks and fintechs, and Mastercard announced a 5-year global partnership.
- The firms will go to market jointly to launch credit cards with issuers worldwide on Zeta’s modern, cloud-native, and fully API-ready credit processing stack.
- Mastercard has underscored the partnership by making a financial investment in Zeta.
Zeta’ stack allows issuers to increase the lending book by composing contextual upsells using our extensive APIs and SDKs, reduce costs via pay-as-you-go SaaS billing,
- improve customer satisfaction by launching rich, self-serve experiences for card holders and launch and iterate faster using our infinitely scalable cloud-native deployment.
9. Adani signs agreement with Indian Oil:
- Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSEZ) has signed an agreement with Indian Oil Corp Ltd (IOCL) towards augmentation of IOC’s crude oil volumes at Mundra port, making it one of the top port-based crude oil storage facility.
- As IOCL’s trusted longterm partner, APSEZ is well equipped to handle the additional 10 MMTPA crude oil at our existing single buoy mooring (SBM) at Mundra.
- Mundra Port is a major economic gateway that serves the northern hinterland of India by providing multimodal connectivity. It gives us immense pride to strengthen our partnership further and support.
- This will support IOCL’s expansion of its Panipat Refinery (Haryana).
- IOCL is raising the capacity at its Panipat Refinery by 66 per cent to 25 MMPTA to meet India’s rapidly growing energy requirements.
- IOCL has a refining capacity of 80.55 MMTPA and over 15,000 KM of pipeline network.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs March 09
10. HarperCollins Publishers India presents ‘The Maverick Effect: The Inside Story of India’s IT Revolution’ By Harish Mehta:
- HarperCollins India is releasing “The Maverick Effect: The Inside Story of India’s IT Revolution”.
- The book follows the untold story of how a band of dreamers made India the global IT leader, written by NASSCOM’s founding member and its first elected chairman, Harish Mehta.
- Harish Mehta is the founder and executive chairperson of Onward Technologies Ltd.
- He is the founding member and the first elected chairman of NASSCOM, a not-for-profit representing India’s burgeoning IT industry and considered among the world’s most exemplary associations.
11. Dr Jitendra Singh releases book on ’75 Success Stories’ from Women Scientists Scheme of DST:
- Dr Jitendra Singh released a short film on Women Empowerment Atlas, Women Empowerment Atlas of India: Science & Technology Perspective, Film on various programmes under WISE-KIRAN Scheme, a Booklet on ‘WISE-KIRAN: At a Glance’, success stories of 75 women scientists in Intellectual Property Rights (WOS-C programme) and a Brief Report on study of Women Technology Parks (WTPs) for integrated development of rural women.
- Dr Jitendra Singh announced three important programmes under Women in Science & Engineering (WISE)-KIRAN Scheme to celebrate the International Women’s Day.
- Industrial Research Fellowship for Women will provide opportunity to young women researchers to work in the industry for short and long duration.
- The Senior Women Scientists Fellowship programme is proposed to provide dignity to senior women scientists who are performing well in research but are not in regular employment due to various circumstances.
- Overseas Fellowship for Women will provide exposure to research scholars and young women scientists to upgrade their skills in various countries.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 09
12. Army Chief presents MacGregor Memorial Medal:
- Army Chief Gen MM Naravane presented the USI MacGregor Memorial Medal to four awardees- two from the Indian Army and one each from Indian Navy and Indian Airforce for their outstanding achievements in operational reconnaissance and extreme adventure sports.
- The award ceremony was held at the United Service Institution, India’s the oldest tri-service think tank established in 1870 for research and debate on national security and military affairs.
- The Trans-Himalayan ARMEX Mission across rugged passes over 18,000 feet in the Great Himalayan Range has significantly augmented India’s operational capability.
- Similarly the Para jump from 24,000 feet Above Mean Sea Level has validated the operational capability of this Parachute System, a feat that has never been attempted before.
13. Bangladeshi environmental lawyer Rizwana Hasan to get US International Women of Courage Award for 2022:
- A Bangladeshi environmental lawyer Rizwana Hasan has been selected for the International Women of Courage (IWOC) Award for 2022.
She is among the 12 women from around the world who will be honoured by the US
- Department of State with the award for showing exceptional courage and leadership to make a difference in their communities.
- US Secretary of State Antony J Blinken will host the awards ceremony on March 14 in a virtual ceremony to honour the 12 women selected for the award.
- Rizwana Hasan is a lawyer who has demonstrated exceptional courage and leadership in her mission to protect the environment and defend the dignity and rights of the marginalised Bangladeshis.
- Over the last 20 years, she has taken up landmark legal cases to change the dynamic of development in Bangladesh to include a people-centred focus on environmental justice.
- Rizwana Hasan is the Chief Executive of the Bangladesh Environmental Lawyers Association.
- She has successfully taken up cases against deforestation, pollution, unregulated ship breaking, and illegal land development.
- She received the Ramon Magsaysay Award in 2012 for her activism.
- The International Women of Courage (IWOC) award was established in 2007 by the US Department of State to honour women of exceptional courage, strength and leadership who work to bring change to their communities.
- Till now 170 women from 80 countries have been honoured under the IWOC programme.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs March 09
14. Iran puts second military satellite into orbit – Tasnim:
- Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) has successfully put a second military satellite, the Noor 2, into orbit.
- Held in Vienna to revive an agreement restraining Iran’s nuclear program have reached a critical stage.
- The IRGC successfully placed Iran’s second military satellite, Noor 2, into orbit 500 kilometres from earth.
- The first military satellite, launched by the Islamic Republic in April 2020, placed the Noor, or “light” in Persian, at an orbit of 425km (265 miles) above the earth’s surface.
- The space program of the country, of which we are a part, is to stabilize various scientific, research and defence satellites in low-earth orbit and then reach orbit of 36,000 kilometers above land.
- The three-stage Qased, or “Messenger” , carrier launched the Noor 2, from the Shahroud space port.
- The same type of rockets, which use a combination of liquid and solid fuels, carried the first military satellite.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 09
15. India, Bangladesh, Nepal finalise MOU for implementation of BBIN Motor Vehicles Agreement:
- India, Bangladesh and Nepal finalised an enabling MoU to be signed for the implementation of the BBIN Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA), pending ratification of the MVA by Bhutan.
- The MoU was finalised at a meeting of the three nations on the Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal (BBIN) MVA.
- Bhutan participated in the meeting as an observer.
- The meeting was held to discuss the passenger and cargo protocols that are essential to operationalise the BBIN MVA for the regulation of passenger, personal and cargo vehicular traffic between Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal, signed on June 15, 2015.
- The countries emphasised the importance of operationalising the BBIN MVA expeditiously to enable seamless movement between them for facilitating trade and people topeople contact.
- Operationalising the MVA by concluding the passenger and the cargo protocol will help realise the full potential of trade and people to people connectivity between the BBIN countries by fostering greater sub regional cooperation.
16. Germany to host virtual meeting of G7 agriculture ministers to discuss Russia-Ukraine conflict on Food Security:
- Germany government has announced that it will host a virtual meeting of agriculture ministers from the G7 countries to discuss the impact of the Russia-Ukraine conflict on world food security.
- The German Minister of Agriculture and Food, Cem Özdemir stated that it would also focus on how to stabilize food markets.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 09
17. Rajnath Singh inaugurates park in southwest Delhi:
- Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh along with Delhi BJP chief Adesh Gupta and South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) Mayor Mukesh Suryan, inaugurated the park.
- The park has been developed on a piece of land which was lying ignored and people used to throw garbage here.
- The park would help people living the area in maintaining their health and fitness as it has a dedicated space for yoga.
- Parks have been developed and maintained remarkably well by the three MCDs across Delhi with the help of their limited resources.
- The park is spread over 3.26 acres and about 2,500 trees and 4,500 shrubs have been planted.
- A 477-metre-long walkway has also been constructed in the park.
- For physical activity, an open gym and a yoga shelter has also been installed.
18. Power minister launches Smart Grid Knowledge Center:
- Union Power Minister R K Singh along with MoS Power Krishan Pal Gurjar launched the Virtual Smart Grid Knowledge Center (Virtual SGKC) and Innovation Park virtually.
- The virtual launch event was as part of the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’, which is an initiative of the government to commemorate 75 years of India’s independence.
- The Center strives to become a global leader in fostering innovation, entrepreneurship and research in smart grid technologies and create capacities in the power distribution sector.
- The platform presently hosts more than 50 solutions from over 30 technology partners across eight thematic areas spanning across new and advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain and IOT.
- The SGKC has been established by PowerGrid with support from the Ministry of Power and National Smart Grid Mission (NSGM) for demonstration and advancement of frontier smart grid technologies.
- The technical assistance to set up the centre has been provided by the United States Agency for International Development.
19. Karnataka govt launches programme to provide 5 lakh jobs to women:
- Minister of Higher Education, Electronics, IT-BT, S&T and Skill Development Dr C N Aswath launched Women@Work (W@W) programme with an aim to provide five lakh jobs within 2026 to women with necessary employable skills.
- Event organised by Karnataka Digital Economy Mission (KDEM) in association with KTECH and Karnataka Skill Development Corporation to mark the Women’s Day celebrations, the minister launched the new initiative that was also held as part of the Karnataka digital economy mission programme.
20. Digital School Health Platform launched:
- Puducherry Health Department along with Axis bank launched the Digital School Health Platform of the Union Territory.
- Lt.Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan inaugurated at the Raj Nivas in the presence of Chief Minister N Rangaswamy and Education Minister A Namassivayam.
- For the first time in the country, the Digital school health Platform was launched in Puducherry.
- With this, the dream project to upload the health status of all the students in the Union Territory is being fulfilled.
- Anemia and Malnutrition is leading to different diseases and this could be prevented by identifying the health status of the students at an early stage.
- All students should undergo medical check up and their health status will be uploaded through this health records is as important as the students educational records.
- And Anganwadi children should also be included in the scheme.