Daily Current Affairs March 10
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs March 10. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 10 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs March 10
1. World Kidney Day 2022:
- World Kidney Day is a global health awareness campaign that focuses on the importance of kidneys, reducing the impact and frequency of kidney diseases.
- World Kidney Day is celebrated annually on the 2nd Thursday of March.
- This year, it is being observed on March 10.
- Each year, health organisations observe this day to help people prevent kidney disease and also inform them to take precautions to lead a healthy life.
Several campaigns are organised to spread messages about kidney disease.
History and Significance:
- Kidneys are vital organs in the body that filter the blood and help in passing waste as urine.
- The observance of this day was started by the International Society of Nephrology and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations.
- World Kidney Day was first celebrated in 2006.
- The day aims to raise awareness among people who have kidney-related problems and the treatment and impact of kidney illnesses overall.
- In India, the number of kidney disease patients has been increasing.
- The objective of this day is to raise awareness about kidneys and highlight diabetes and high blood pressure which are the key factors for chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- The World Kidney Day Joint Steering Committee declared the year 2022 of ‘Kidney Health for All’, with the campaign focusing on bridging gaps to improve kidney health.
- Organisations also raise kidney care education in schools and institutions and awareness in the public arena.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs March 10
2. Jhulan becomes joint-highest wicket taker in Women’s ODI World Cup:
- Veteran Indian quick Jhulan Goswami equalled former Australia spinner Lyn Fullston’s tally of 39 scalps to become the joint-highest wicket taker in Women’s World Cup.
- The 39-year-old, playing in her fifth ODI World Cup, achieved the feat against New Zealand in the ongoing tournament when she dismissed wicketkeeper Katey Martin in the 50th over.
- Fullston, who played for Australia from 1982 to 1988, had snapped 39 wickets in 20 matches while Goswami achieved the feat in her 30th game.
- Former England spinner Carole Ann Hodges is behind the duo with a haul of 37 wickets from 24 matches.
- Having made her debut over two decades ago in January 2002, Goswami, popularly know as ‘Chakda Express’ is also the leading wicket taker in women’s ODI history, having taken 248 wickets in 197 games.
- She has continued to be India’s backbone with the ball in an illustrious career and has also represented the country in 12 Tests and 68 T20Is while claiming 44 and 56 wickets in the two formats respectively.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs March 10
3. India ranks 2nd for global investment in digital shopping:
- According to the London & Partners analysis of Dealroom.co investment data, India is the second-largest global venture capital investment hub for digital shopping companies, growing by a whopping 175 per cent from USD 8 billion in 2020 to USD 22 billion in 2021.
|1||United States||USD 51 billion|
|2||India||USD 22 billion|
|3||China||USD 14 billion|
|4||United Kingdom||USD 7 billion|
- Within India, Bengaluru comes out on top globally with USD 14 billion worth of Venture Capital (VC) investments in digital shopping in 2021, followed by Gurugram at No. 7 with USD 4 billion and Mumbai at No. 10 with USD 3 billion.
- Bengaluru almost tripled its investments from USD 5 billion in 2020 to take the top spot, ahead of other leading cities in the world – New York City (second), San Francisco (third), London (fourth) and Berlin (fifth).
- The data also shows that Bengaluru ranked number 5 among cities with the potential for future unicorns, just behind London.
- Three of the 15 global cities with the highest count of current unicorns are in India — Bengaluru at No. 6 with 19 unicorns in 2021 (up from three in 2020, Gurugram at No. 7 with 13 unicorns (up from 3 in 2020) and Mumbai at No. 14 with 7 unicorns.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs March 10
4. ICICI Lombard Launches ‘BeFit Cover’ Digital Campaign:
- ICICI Lombard insurance company launched #UnbelievableButTrue, a digital campaign to promote BeFit – a rider policy that provides cashless OPD and also covers physiotherapy, virtual consultations, and teleconsultation sessions through our signature IL TakeCare App and on the website along with other Health indemnity products.
- The campaign will take into its ambit digital marketing films, digital and social media platforms.
- To refute the idea that insurance is only useful when you or a member of your family is hospitalized, or that insurance only covers major health expenses, the video & creatives highlight the myriad benefits of BeFit, which include virtual medical consultations, pharmacy expenses, physiotherapy sessions, diagnostic services, and even wellness and preventive care.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs March 10
5. Walmart Global Tech, IIT Madras inks pact to accelerate research, skilling:
- Walmart Global Tech (WGT) is partnering with Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M) to accelerate research in new areas of technology, provide Walmart associates with continuing education and collaborate on projects for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) for their India operations.
- Through this corporate partnership, IITM students and WGT associates will work on research projects together, facilitated by the Centre for Industrial Consultancy and Sponsored Research (IC&SR) at IITM.
- In addition, WGT will use space in the IIT Madras Research Park to leverage the broader ecosystem and work with the start-up companies incubated by the IIT Madras Incubation Cell.
- WGT will also have access to several short and long-term education and training programs to upskill talent and fit the changing needs of the retail and eCommerce industry.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs March 10
6. CCI approves acquisition of Prione Business Services by Amazon Asia-Pacific Resources:
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition of Prione Business Services Private Limited by Amazon Asia-Pacific Resources Private Limited.
- The proposed combination pertains to the proposed acquisition of Seventy-Six percent of the equity shares of Prione Business Services Private Limited (Target) by Amazon Asia-Pacific Resources Private Limited (Acquirer).
- Acquirer is an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. (ACI). ACI is the ultimate parent entity of the Amazon group. The Acquirer does not undertake any business activity in India.
- Target is an Indian-owned and controlled company and is controlled by Hober Mallow Trust (Hober Mallow).
- Target has a wholly-owned subsidiary Cloudtail India Private Limited (CT).
7. CCI approves acquisition of L&T Investment Management by HSBC Asset Management:
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition of 100% share capital of L&T Investment Management Limited (L&T AMC/Target) by HSBC Asset Management (India) Private Limited (HSBC AMC/Acquirer)
- The proposed combination relates to acquisition of 100% equity share capital of L&T AMC by HSBC AMC from L&T Finance Holdings Limited (L&T Sponsor/Seller) and its nominees.
- The acquisition of equity shares of the Target falls under Section 5(a) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- HSBC AMC is the asset management entity for operating the day-to-day functioning of HSBC Mutual Fund schemes (HSBC MF).
- HSBC AMC is a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of HSBC Holdings PLC (HSBC Group) and belongs to the HSBC Group of companies.
- L&T AMC is the asset management entity for operating the day-to-day functioning of L&T Mutual Fund schemes (L&T MF).
- L&T AMC is a wholly owned subsidiary of L&T Sponsor.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs March 10
8. Ratnakar Shetty’s autobiography released:
- Dilip Vengsarkar, the former India captain, credited Ratnakar Shetty for being one of the most player-friendly administrators he has seen over the years.
- The book titled “On Board: My Years in BCCI”, an autobiographical account of Shetty’s experiences as an administrator.
- Shetty, a Chemistry professor by profession, went on to be the BCCI’s first Chief Administrative Officer after serving the Mumbai Cricket Association in various capacities.
- The book was released by Sharad Pawar, the former president of the MCA, BCCI and International Cricket Council.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs March 10
9. Govt appoints SBI MD Ashwini Bhatia as Sebi member:
- The government has appointed State Bank of India (SBI) managing director Ashwani Bhatia as whole-time member (WTM) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- Approval was made by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) initially for a period of three years from the date of assumption of charge.
- Bhatia, who is due to retire in May, this year, was elevated as the managing director of SBI in August 2020.
- Prior to that, he was working as the managing director and chief executive officer of SBI Mutual Fund
- Bhatia started his career with SBI in 1985 as a probationary officer. Over a 33-years tenure with SBI, he has donned many hats.
10. Former Revenue Secretary AB Pandey appointed as NFRA Chairperson:
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed former Revenue Secretary Ajay Bhushan Pandey as the Chairperson of National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA), the country’s sole independent audit regulator.
- It has also appointed Praveen Kumar Tiwari, a retired Indian.
11. USIBC appoints four new members to its India Advisory Council:
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC) has added four members to its India Advisory Council (IAC) to bring new perspectives to the organisation’s India-based executive leadership committee as trade and investment between India and the United States enters a new phase of growth after the pandemic.
- The four new members to the IAC are,
- Ramesh Ramadurai, Managing Director, 3M India
- Alok Ohrie, President and Managing Director, Dell Technologies India
- Sarthak Ranade, Managing Director, Janssen India (The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson)
- Anant Maheshwari, President, Microsoft India.
- They will enable USIBC to rise to new heights its policy leadership in the life sciences, digital technology, and manufacturing sectors.
- Formed in 2017, The India Advisory Council serves as a premier strategic body for representatives of Indian companies and Indian affiliates of American companies including CEOs, presidents, managing directors, and chairpersons to collaborate on a forward-looking advocacy agenda in India.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs March 10
12. VOC Port Authority bags National Safety Award:
- The V.O. Chidambaranar Port Authority, Tuticorin, has bagged the National Safety Award instituted by the Directorate General, Factory Advice, Safety and Labour Institutes (DGFASLI), Union Ministry of Labour and Employment for accident free year and lowest average frequency rate for Port operation.
- On behalf of the Port, its Chairman T.K. Ramachandran received the ‘Winner’ award from Union Minister of Labour and Employment, Environment, Forest, and Climate Change Bhupender Yadav at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi.
- As recognition for good safety performance by Industrial Establishments and to motivate the management and workers in accident prevention and safety promotion, the Union Government had instituted National Safety Awards (NSA) for different categories of Industries from the year 1965.
- Award schemes were introduced for the Ports in India from the year 1971.
- The VOC Port Authority has been instrumental in implementing various safety measures like ensuring deployment of proper, safe, and fit equipment/machineries for the Port operations.
- The Port conducts periodic safety mock drills, safety awareness programmes, inspections of operational areas, ensures proper illumination during night hours, educates the workers and trade, on the importance of maintaining high standards of safety in Port operations.
- VOC Port has been operating as a ‘Zero Fatal Accident Zone’ from the years 2019, 2020 and 2021.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs March 10
13. MSME ministry launches scheme to promote creativity, entrepreneurship in sector:
- The MSME ministry launched an innovative scheme to promote creativity, adoption of latest technologies and increase awareness about importance of intellectual property rights among MSMEs.
- The scheme is an amalgamation of the incubation, design and IPR (intellectual property rights) schemes of the ministry.
- It would act as a hub for innovative activities, besides facilitating and guiding development of ideas into viable business prepositions that can benefit society directly and can be marketed successfully.
- The scheme will help the MSME sector, which accounts for a major share in the country’s exports and manufacturing.
- It is also aimed at providing real-time expert advice and cost effective solutions for design problems for new product developments.
14. India, World Bank sign $125m loan to support access to social protection services in West Bengal:
- The Government of India, the Government of West Bengal, and the World Bank signed a $125 million IBRD loan to support efforts to help poor and vulnerable groups access social protection services in the state of West Bengal.
- West Bengal runs more than 400 programs that provide social assistance, care services, and jobs. Most of these services are offered through an umbrella platform called Jai Bangla.
- The West Bengal Building State Capability for Inclusive Social Protection Project will support these interventions at the state level, with particular focus on vulnerable groups such as women, tribal and scheduled caste households, and the elderly, as well as households in the state’s disaster-prone coastal regions.
- Over the next four years, the project will help strengthen the state’s capability to expand coverage and access to social assistance and to deliver cash transfers for the poor and vulnerable through a consolidated social registry.
- The project will also support the creation of a teleconsultation network for social care services, complemented by a cadre of case management workers who can help households with advice on eldercare and links to health services and facilities.
- It will also create an institutional platform to improve coordination and effectiveness of government interventions to address the state’s low participation of women in the labour force.
15. Odisha govt sets up maiden Human Milk Bank in state:
- Odisha government established its first-ever Human Milk Bank in the state, intended to fulfil the nutritional needs of newborns.
- The newborns are deprived of their mother’s milk due to so many reasons.
- This Human Breast Milk Bank is inaugurated at the Pediatrics Department of the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar, thus making it the one amongst the 34 other such banks in the country.
- Our aim is to meet the need of mother’s milk to feed infants who are unable to get breast milk of their mother in the initial few weeks due to various reasons like illness or death of the mother, premature delivery, etc.
- Any lactating mother can voluntarily donate her excess milk in this facility.
- The Milk Banks are a part of a nationwide movement led by the National Health Mission to initiate Lactation Management Centres at secondary and tertiary levels of public health services.
16. Kerala lunches webportal for dowry related complaints:
- Kerala has launched a webportal to manage complaints on dowry as part of its effort to eradicate social scourge of dowry from the society.
- The portal, https://t.co/J2uLIJHeRd, will enable the concerned authorities to take quick action and assess the progress of resolving each complain.
- The portal, which was launched on the occasion of the International Women’s Day, will manage complaints on dowry, martial arts training for women, premarital counselling programme and gender audited books for Anganwadis.
17. Indian Railways’ 1st Gati Shakti Cargo Terminal commissioned in Asansol Division of Eastern Railway:
- In pursuance to Prime Minister’s vision “Gati Shakti” and Ministry of Railways’ Policy regarding ‘Gati Shakti Multi-Modal Cargo Terminal’ (GCT), Asansol division of Indian Railways has successfully commissioned private siding of Maithan Power Limited at Thaparnagar.
- This is the FIRST such GCT commissioned in Indian Railways since publication of GCT policy in Dec.’2021.
- The Maithan Power Project was initiated in the year 2009 and subsequently the power generation was started in the year 2011.
- Till now the requirement of coal to the power project was being made through road which is expected to convert into 120 inward coal rakes per month.
- Also 02 to 04 outward rakes of Fly Ash is projected to be handled from the siding.
- This will enhance Railways’ earnings by approximately Rs. 11 crores per month.
- The location is in the vicinity of industrial and mining area and the future prospect of the siding is promising.
18. MoHUA to organise a national level ‘India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale Start-up Conclave’ on 12 March, 2022:
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is organising a national level ‘India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale Start-up Conclave’ on 12 March, 2022 at Stein Auditorium, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, with an aim to start the communication with Start-ups in water sector.
- The Prime Minister has launched the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation 2.0 (AMRUT 2.0) on 01 October, 2021 with the aim of making Indian cities ‘Aatma Nirbhar’ and ‘Water Secure’.
- The Mission envisages to provide functional water tap connections to all urban households, providing universal household coverage of sewerage/septage services in 500 AMRUT cities, undertaking rejuvenation of water bodies, recycle/ reuse of treated used water, rainwater harvesting and provision of green spaces thereby improving ease of living.
- Technology sub-mission is a key component of AMRUT 2.0 which focuses on providing financial anchor as well as mentoring to start-ups to “Pitch, Pilot-and scale” solutions to address water problems in Indian cities.
- The new and emerging technologies resulting from the thriving start-up ecosystem in India are providing breakthrough solutions for urban water problems which will be harnessed for achieving the objectives of the Mission.
- More than 50 Start-ups will pitch/exhibit innovative solutions for urban water problems.
- User, industry, sector experts and investors will also attend the conclave.
- This conclave is expected to be a starting point for interaction between user such as States/ cities/ parastatal agencies, start-ups, sector experts and industry.
- User will also get first-hand experience of innovative solutions.
Shri Hardeep S. Puri to launch ‘India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale Start-up Challenge’ during the conclave:
- The Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs, Shri Hardeep S. Puri will launch ‘India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale Start-up Challenge’ during the conclave and deliver the keynote address.
- The Ministry will select 100 start-ups through this challenge, which will be provided Rs.20 lakhs as funding support.