Daily Current Affairs June 29
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 29. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 29| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 29
1. Which of the following day is celebrated as National Statistics Day in India?
A) June 29
B) June 26
C) June 28
D) June 30
E) June 27
Answer: A) June 29
- India observes National Statistics Day on June 29 every year to honour the work and contribution of late Professor and Scientist Prasanta Chandra Mahalanob is in the field of Statistics and economic planning.
- June 29 is the birth anniversary of Professor Mahalanobis.
- The day was observed for the first time on June 29, 2007.
- Globally, World Statistics Day is observed on October 20 every five years.
- “Data for Sustainable Development”.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 29
2. PV Sindhu wins, SainaNehwal loses in Malaysia Open, PV Sindhu won how many Olympic medal?
Answer: E) 2
- Two stalwarts of Indian women’s badminton, PV Sindhu and SainaNehwal, suffered contrasting fates at the Malaysia Open Super 750 tournament with the former progressing to the second round and the latter bowing out after losing her opener.
- Sindhu, seeded seventh, set up a clash with PhittayapornChaiwan, a 21-year-old from Thailand, who held the number one ranking in world junior ranking and also was part of the bronze medal-winning team at the Uber Cup in Bangkok.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs June 29
3. QS Best Student Cities Ranking, London ranked 1st for the ___ time?
Answer: C) 4
- The QS Best Student Cities Ranking.
|1||London (4 years)|
|2||Seoul (South Korea) and Munich (Germany)|
- International students represent only a small fraction of the overall student body in India.
- According to the All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2018-19, the number of international students enrolled in Indian universities was just 47,427.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 29
4. Co-op banks will be allowed to use DBT for govtschemes,currently how many schemes use DBT?
Answer: B) 300
- The Central government will soon permit cooperative banks to implement government schemes using Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- Currently, 52 ministries and 300 government schemes use DBT to send money directly to beneficiaries.
- DBT was started in January 2013 to reform the government delivery system for simpler and faster flow of funds to the targeted beneficiaries.
5. World Bank approved how many Billion USD loans to support India’s health sector?
Answer: D) 1
- The World Bank Board of Executive Directors today approved two complementary loans of $500 million each to support and enhance India’s health sector.
- Through this combined financing of $1 billion, the Bank will support India’s flagship Pradhan Mantri-Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission (PM-ABHIM), launched in October 2021, to improve the public healthcare infrastructure across the country.
- In addition to the national level interventions, one of the loans will prioritize seven states including Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Meghalaya, Odisha, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh.
6. World Bank approvedhow million USD to support India’s residential sector to adopt rooftop solar systems?
Answer: A) 165
- The World Bank Board of Executive Directors approved $165 million in additional financing to support India’s residential sector to adopt rooftop solar systems and make solar energy more affordable.
- These solar photovoltaic (PV) installations will provide clean, renewable energy, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by displacing generation based on fossil fuels.
- The project is projected to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 13.9 million tons.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs June 29
7. Pre-packaged food under GST, how many percent tax on hotels with tariff up to Rs 1,000?
Answer: C) 12
- According to sources, the GST Council has also approved compliance measures for high-risk taxpayers including mandatory biometric authentication, inclusion of electricity bill data, real-time validation of all bank accounts against a particular PAN and geo-tagging.
- Mandatory generation of e-way bills by states for intra-state transportation of gold and precious stones has also been approved by the Council but the decision on the threshold has been left to the states.
- It has recommended 12 per cent tax on hotel rooms costing less than Rs 1,000 a day which are presently exempt, increasing the rate on manufacturing services of leather goods, clay bricks from 5 per cent to 12 per cent, and hiking GST on LED lamps, ink, knives, blades, power driven pumps, spoons, forks, dairy machinery from 12 per cent to 18 per cent.
8. Sebi imposed over Rs 10 cr fine on how many entities in Texmo Pipes GDR manipulation case?
Answer: E) 7
- Capital markets regulator Sebi imposed fines totalling over Rs 10 crore on seven entities.
- The regulator levied a fine of Rs 10.25 crore on Texmo Pipes and Products Ltd (TTPL), Rs 25 lakh on ArunPanchariya, Rs 20 lakh each on Sanjay Agarwal and Vinay Prasad Pappu, Rs 10 lakh each on MukeshChauradiya and Shanti Lal Behera and Rs 2 lakh on Rishabh Kumar Jain.
9. Sebi imposedhow many crore fine on NSE?
Answer: B) 7
- Capital markets regulator Sebi has penalised a total of 18 entities, including the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and its former chiefs ChitraRamkrishna and Ravi Narain in the ‘dark fibre’ case.
- The regulator has imposed a penalty of Rs 7 crore on NSE and Rs 5 crore each on Ramkrishna and Narain.
- Besides, a fine of Rs 5 crore has been levied on Subramanian Anand.
- Further, Sebi has slapped a fine of Rs 6 crore on Way2Wealth Brokers, Rs 5 crore on GKN Securities and Rs 3 crore on Sampark Infotainment.
- They have been asked to pay the total amount of penalty within 45 days, according to a Sebi order.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs June 29
10. Biocon to buy how many percent stake in AMPYR Renewable Energy Resources Eleven?
Answer: D) 26%
- Biocon Ltd will acquire 26 per cent stake in AMPYR Renewable Energy Resources Eleven Pvt Ltd (AREREPL) for Rs 7.5 crore.
- AREREPL was incorporated on April 13, 2021.
- It is a special purpose vehicle formed for generation and supply of solar power.
- It will develop a 30 MWac solar power plant at Benkanhal village in Karnataka.
11. SBI, HDFC, ICICI acquiredhow many percent stake each in Perfios Account Aggregation Services?
Answer: A) 9.54%
- State Bank of India (SBI), HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank acquired a 9.54 per cent stake each in Perfios Account Aggregation Services Private Limited (Perfios AA).
- These banks acquired 8,05,520 equity shares each by paying Rs4.03 crore each for the stakes.
- The lenders bought the shares at a price of Rs 50 apiece, according to regulatory filings.
- The investments will be subject to the approval of the Reserve Bank of India.
- These banks disclosed that they or their associates or subsidiaries, in the normal course of business, may have business dealings withPerfios AA at an arm’s length.
- The Bengaluru-based Perfios AA had a turnover of Rs 0.09 crore (provisional) and a loss of Rs 3.4 crore (provisional) in FY22.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 29
12. IOC’s finance director Sandeep Kumar Gupta to be next chairman of GAIL,headquarters of GAIL?
C) New Delhi
Answer: C) New Delhi
- Sandeep Kumar Gupta, Director for Finance at Indian Oil Corporation, has been picked to head India’s largest gas utility GAIL (India) Ltd.
- He will replace Manoj Jain, who is scheduled to retire on August 31.
- The PESB recommendation will be vetted by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, after the go-ahead of anti-corruption bodies such as the CVC and CBI.
- Gupta has more than 31 years of working experience at Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), the nation’s largest oil refining and fuel marketing company.
- He has been Director (Finance) of IOC since August 3, 2019.
13. Razorpay cofounder Shashank Kumar takes over as MD, Razorpay founded year?
Answer: E) 2013
- Razorpay cofounder Shashank Kumar will become its managing director, vacating his current position of chief technology officer (CTO), the fintech unicorn.
- MuraliBrahmadesam, a former executive at Amazon Web Services (AWS), will take over as CTO and head of engineering.
- Brahmadesam has over two decades of experience and brings in-depth knowledge of managing diverse technology functions at scale, the company said in a statement.
- He has worked at Amazon and Microsoft, both in India and the United States, across various leadership roles.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 29
14. UN Ocean Conference kicked off in which of the following place?
Answer: B) Lisbon
- A five-day UN Ocean Conference kicked off with the Kenya and Portugal being the co-hosts.
- Leaders from over 130 countries from across the world will deliberate for five days to find an international agreement on protecting the world’s oceans, seas and marine resources.
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh is leading the Indian delegation.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 29
15. Centre approved Rs 3,760 crore works for how many national highways in Gujarat?
Answer: D) 34
- Commuting will be easier in Gujarat as works of 34 national highways at a cost of Rs 3,760.64 crore has been approved by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, said the state Roads and Housing Minister Purnesh Modi.
- Out of Rs 3,760.64 crore, Rs 2,511.10 crore will be spent on the construction of roads while Rs 1,249.54 crore will be spent on the construction of bridges and other pre-construction activities, the minister elaborated, adding that ROBs/RUBs over railway crossings will also be constructed, so that the state would become a railway crossing free state.
- A 12.8 km road from Narol Junction to Ujala Junction will be developed at a cost of Rs 350 crore.
- Under this, the six-lane road from Narol Junction to Vishala Junction will be developed as an eight-lane road and the bridge over Sabarmati River will be made six-lane.
- Further, the 5.28 km four-lane road between Vishala Junction and Ujala Junction will now be made six-lane and elevated corridor type facility will be made available.
- In addition, at a cost of Rs 110 crore, a 4 km long three elevated flyover will be constructed between ISKCON flyover and Sanand flyover on Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway.
- At a cost of Rs 257 crore, a 50.48 km long 10 meter wide road will be constructed between Mahuva and Amreli.
- On which two railway overbridges and new bridges will be constructed.
- Additionally, at a cost of Rs 451.50 crore, a 10 meter wide and 50.48 km long road will be constructed from Badhada to Amreli.
- On which river bridge and railway overbridge will be constructed for Amreli bypass as well as for going to Bagasara.
- Purnesh Modi added that a new 10 meter wide road on Bhiloda-Shamlaji National Highway 168-G will be constructed at a cost of Rs 450 crore.
- Similarly, Ahwa-Saputara National Highway-953 will be widened by 10 meters.
- Jamnagar-Kalwad National Highway-927-D will be made four lane at a cost of Rs 250 crore, for which work including land acquisition and forest area clearance procedures have been carried out.
16. Which of the following State government signed MoU with Adani Energy for 11000 MW power generation?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Maharashtra
- The Maharashtra government’s Energy department signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Adani Green Energy Group Ltd (AGEL) to generate 11000 MW green power in the next five years.
- It would entail an investment of Rs 60,000 crore and provide employment to 30,000 persons.
- According to the agreement, AGEL will set up Pumped Storage Projects (PSP) in the next four to five years, through which about 11,000 MW power will be generated.
17. NSDL launches ‘Chalo, School Chale’ campaign across India,NSDL established in which year?
Answer: C) 1996
- National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) announced the launch of a special campaign ‘Chalo, School Chale’ to reach out to school students across Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kolkata, Mangaluru, Sindhudurg and Thane.
- The program was initiated from Agarkar Night School and Worli Night School in Mumbai and will be taken to semi-urban areas like Shahapur, Palghar, followed by other cities.
- Under this campaign, NSDL will provide school kits to less privileged students to fulfil the basic educational needs.
- The kit has been specially designed by NSDL to suit the needs of students between Standard 1 to 10.
- It includes essential items such as school bag, notebooks, compass box, pencils etc.
18. How many Primary Agriculture Credit Societies to be computerized with budget outlay of Rs 2516Cr?
Answer: E) 63000
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved Computerization of Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS) with the objective of increasing efficiency of PACS, bringing transparency and accountability in their operations; facilitating PACS to diversify their business and undertake multiple activities/ services.
- This project proposes computerization of about 63,000 functional PACS over a period of 5 years with a total budget outlay of Rs. 2516 crore with Government of India share of Rs. 1528 crore.
- The Primary Agricultural Cooperative credit societies (PACS) constitute the lowest tier of the three-tier Short-term cooperative credit (STCC) in the country comprising of approx.13 Cr. farmers as its members, which is crucial for the development of the rural economy.
- PACS account for 41 % (3.01 Cr. farmers) of the KCC loans given by all entities in the Country and 95 % of these KCC loans (2.95 Cr. farmers) through PACS are to the Small and Marginal farmers.
- The other two tiers viz. State Cooperative Banks (StCBs) and District Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) have already been automated by the NABARD and brought on Common Banking Software (CBS).
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers