Daily Current Affairs June 19
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 19. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 19| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 19
1. Which day is celebrated as the National Reading Day?
A) June 16
B) June 15
C) June 17
D) June 18
E) June 19
Answer: E) June 19
- The day is celebrated in honour of P N Panicker, considered the Father of Kerala’s Library and Literacy Movement.
- It also marks the beginning of the month-long Digital Reading celebrations.
- Started as a Reading Day celebration on June 19, 1996, by the Government of Kerala in association with the P N Panicker Foundation, National Reading Day, became a mass movement to promote literacy and the culture of reading in the state.
- In 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National Reading / Digital Reading Month in Kochi and gave a clarion call to the country’s citizens to propagate the message, Read and Grow.
- Several programmes are envisaged for the month-long celebrations by the union and state governments, NITI Ayog, National Digital Library of India in association with the PN Panicker Foundation and various other stakeholders.
- The theme of 27th National Reading Day 2022 is “Read and Grow”.
2. When does the UN observe International day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict?
A) June 16
B) June 15
C) June 19
D) June 18
E) June 17
Answer: C) June 19
- The International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict is an international event conducted by the United Nations (UN) on June 19, each year, to raise awareness about conflict-related sexual violence.
- On June 19, 2008, the 15-member United Nations Security Council adopted resolution 1820, to condemn sexual violence and rape during wars as crimes against humanity and war crimes, equated with genocide.
- The date was declared International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict.
- ‘Prevention as Protection: Enhancing structural and operational prevention of conflict-related sexual violence.’
- The event is a ‘Permanent Mission of the Argentine Republic, United Nations.’
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 19
3. Who has won gold medal at the Kuortane Games 2022 in Finland?
A) Neeraj Chopra
B) Avani Lekhara
C) Manish Semwal
D) Manisha Narwal
E) Rubina Francis
Answer: A) Neeraj Chopra
- Olympic champion Neeraj Chopra clinched his first top podium finish of the season by winning the javelin throw event at the Kuortane Games in Finland, beating reigning world champion Anderson Peters of Grenada for the second time.
- The 24-year-old Chopra’s opening throw of 86.69m turned out to be the winning distance.
- Trinidad and Tobago’s 2012 Olympics champion Keshorn Walcott was second with a first round throw of 86.64m.
- Peters was third with a best throw of 84.75m, which also came in the opening round.
- Chopra’s earlier national record was 88.07m which he had set in Patiala in March last year.
- He had won the Tokyo Olympics gold with a throw of 87.58m on August 7, 2021.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 19
4. RBI aims to release which document to establish India as powerhouse of payments globally?
A) Payments Vision 2030
B) Payments Vision 2025
C) Payments Vision 2022
D) Payments Vision 2023
E) Payments Vision 2024
Answer: B) Payments Vision 2025
- The Reserve Bank’s ‘Payments Vision 2025’ document, which seeks a three-fold jump in the number of digital payments, is progressive and aims to establish India as a powerhouse of payments globally, opined industry players.
- The RBI came out with its ‘Payments Vision 2025’ document which also talks about ring-fencing of domestic payment systems, including the need to mandate domestic processing of payment transactions, given the emerging geopolitical risks.
- The core theme of the vision documents is ‘E-Payments for Everyone, Everywhere, Every time’ (4Es), with an overall objective to provide every user with safe, security, fast, convenient, accessible, and affordable e-payment options.
- Commenting on the document, Rajesh Mirjankar, MD and CEO, of Kiya.ai, said the Payments Vision 2025 is progressive and has an outlook to establish India as a powerhouse of payments globally. ‘
- RBI came out with its Payments Vision 2025 document to check the flow of cash in distribution and enhance the overall digital transactions in the country.
- Overall, the RBI seems to be pushing digital transactions and reducing the time taken in various settlements.
- With the UPI on its side, the momentum is on the rise and the nation looks forward to having multiple options to transact irrespective of the quantum of the amount to be transacted.
- As per the RBI, total digital payments have increased by 216 percent and 10 percent in terms of volume and value, respectively, for March 2022 when compared to March 2019
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs June 19
5. Who has been released Ram Bahadur Rai’s book ‘Bhartiya Samvidhan: Ankahi Kahani’?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Ram Nath Kovind
C) Venkaiah Naidu
D) Amish Shah
Answer: A) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said, the constitution is not just a book but an idea, a commitment and a belief in freedom.
- He said, synergy of rights and duties make our constitution so special.
- The Prime Minister released Ram Bahadur Rai’s book ‘Bhartiya Samvidhan: Ankahi Kahani’ and addressed the event through a video message.
- He said that from the formation of the Constituent Assembly to its debates, from the adoption of the Constitution to its present stage, we have consistently seen a dynamic and progressive constitution.
- He noted that it was on 18 June that the President Rajendra Prasad signed first amendment of the constitution.
- He said it marks the first day of the democratic dynamism of the Constitution, which is our biggest strength.
- We have argued, raised questions, debated and made changes. He expressed confidence that this will continue in our masses and in the minds of the people.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 19
6. WTO’s 12th Ministerial Conference held in Geneva, Switzerland and co-hosted by which country?
Answer: B) Kazakhstan
- WTO’s 12th Ministerial Conference held in Geneva, Switzerland and co-hosted by Kazakhstan.
- After days of protracted negotiations, the 12th Ministerial Conference of the World Trade Organization on June 12-17, agreed to a series of deals relating to the temporary waivers on Covid-19 vaccines, a moratorium on e-commerce trade, food security and setting limits on harmful fishing subsidies.
- It was supposed to end on 15 June, but with intensifying negotiations, the conference was extended by two days.
- Claiming that the conference had yielded an “unprecedented package of deliverables,” WTO Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said, “Not in a long while has the WTO seen such a significant number of multilateral outcomes.”
- The Ministerial Conference is the WTO’s top decision-making body and usually meets every two years.
- All members of the WTO are involved in the MC and they can take decisions on all matters covered under any multilateral trade agreements.
- Its aim is to promote free trade, which is done through trade agreements that are discussed and signed by the member states.
- The WTO also provides a forum for countries to negotiate trade rules and settle economic disputes between them.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 19
7. National Conference on Cyber Safety and National Security to begin in which place?
C) New Delhi
Answer: C) New Delhi
- A National Conference on Cyber Safety and National Security will be held in New Delhi.
- The conference is part of the efforts to create mass awareness for the prevention of cyber crimes in the country.
- Home Minister Amit Shah, Culture Minister G. Kishan Reddy, Minister of State for Home Ajay Kumar Mishra and representatives from various organizations attend the conference.
- The conference is part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav to celebrate India’s progress and achievements in the 75th year of India’s Independence.
8. Which state government signed on agreement to skill 10,000 women SHG members in apparel sector?
C) Tamil Nadu
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Odisha
- To promote entrepreneurship among women through the formation of Micro Enterprises of Mission Shakti SHGs, the Department of Mission Shakti, Odisha in collaboration with Apparel Made-ups and Home Furnishing Sector Skill Council (AMHSSC), New Delhi has signed an agreement to launch an initiative for skill development of 10,000 Mission Shakti SHG members on apparel manufacturing.
- This initiative has been titled “Skill-based training of Mission Shakti Women Self Help Group Members as Sewing Machine Operators”.
- The initiative will ensure the generation of skilled manpower in the apparel sector, provide self-employment opportunities across the state and create organized micro-enterprises in the local apparel industry through active participation of skilled Mission Shakti SHG members,” said a statement from the Department.
- Under the unique livelihood convergence model of Mission Shakti, SHGs/PGs have been engaged in stitching and supply of uniforms for pre-schools, schools and other academic institutions.
- This historic decision of the State Government under the current collaboration with AMHSSC, aims at improving the livelihood opportunities of 10,000 SHG members through skilling on market-focused skills and entrepreneurship promotion on apparel.
9. PM Modi inaugurates Pragati Maidan tunnel and five underpasses in which place?
C) Tamil Nadu
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 1.3-km-long Pragati Maidan tunnel and five underpasses on Mathura Road.
- The Pragati Maidan corridor has been built at a cost of more than Rs 920 crore and is funded entirely by the Union government.
- It is aimed at providing hassle-free and smooth access to the new world-class exhibition and convention centre being developed at Pragati Maidan.
- To develop and modernise Delhi, the Central Government is relentlessly working on the state-of-art facilities, exhibition halls to organise world-class events.
- A convention centre is also being constructed in Dwarka.
- Modi suggested that the tunnel be closed to traffic for four-five hours once a week and instead educational tours be organised for schoolchildren at the site to teach them art, culture and festivals of the country.
- Before inaugurating the integrated-transit corridor, the prime minister inspected the six-lane tunnel between NSIC Purana Quila Road and Pragati Power Station.
- The PM added that the Pragati Maidan Corridor will provide major relief to commuters travelling from Noida, Ghaziabad and people of Delhi and the Centre’s main aim behind developing the infrastructure was to provide ease of living to people.
- Modi further said that the Pragati Maidan tunnel and the six underpasses will ease traffic for lakhs of commuters and help save 55 lakh litre petrol on a daily basis.
10. Maharashtra government: Marathwada Eco Battalion’s tenure extended by how many years?
A) 2 years
B) 5 years
C) 3 years
D) 10 years
E) 4 years
Answer: B) 5 years
- The Marathwada Eco Battalion, tasked with increasing green cover in the region, has been given a five-year extension in tenure by the Maharashtra government.
- The Marathwada Eco Battalion will now be active till December 2027. Now we have a plan to plant nearly two lakh saplings per year till 2027.
- The battalion was formed in December 2017 and its term was to end in December this year. We have undertaken projects at 10 sites in Aurangabad.
- The Eco Battalion was set up as part of plans to increase the forest cover in Maharashtra from 20 per cent currently to an ideal 33 per cent.
- A state government release said the Eco Battalion had undertaken plantation over an area of 662 hectares, and has, so far, planted 8.71 lakh saplings with a success rate of 89.54 per cent.
- The forest cover in eight districts of Marathwada is 4.82 per cent and is spread over the area of 3121 square kilometers.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Books and Authors