Daily Current Affairs June 20
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 20. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 20| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 20
1. Delhi University to organize ‘yoga week’ from which date?
A) June 22 to 27
B) June 20 to 27
C) June 21 to 24
D) June 21 to 27
E) June 21 to 25
Answer: D) June 21 to 27
- A yoga week will be organized by the Delhi University from June 21 to mark the 8th International Day of Yoga.
- A yoga camp-cum lecture will also be organized on June 22 where 1500 people will perform various asanas.
- The university is organizing a Yoga week from June 21 to 27.
- Yoga week is being organized as a part of the centenary celebration.
- K P Singh, associate professor, DU Department of the library, said, ”On June 22, around 1,500 people including teachers, students, and research scholars, will gather to perform Yoga.
- Yoga guru Baba Ramdev will be the chief guest at the event.’
2. Which day is celebrated as theWorld Refugee Day 2022?
A) June 19
B) June 18
C) June 16
D) June 17
E) June 15
Answer: B) June 18
- World Refugee Day is an international day organised every year on 20 June by the United Nations.
- Hundreds of people across the globe become targets of un-administered migration either because of war or natural disasters like cyclones and earthquakes.
- These people are exposed to violence or harassment and are forced to leave the comfort of their homes due to “well-founded fear of persecution because of his/her race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group, or political opinion” as per the definition given by the United Nations.
- World Refugee Day was first established on 20 June 2001.
- It was created in recognition of the 50th anniversary of the 1951
- Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees.
- The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) designates a theme for each World Refugee Day campaign.
- “Right to seek safety”.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 20
3. SEBI imposed how much amount on RIL and 2 of its compliance officers?
A) ₹25 lakh
B) ₹30 lakh
C) ₹75 lakh
D) ₹50 lakh
E) ₹80 lakh
Answer: B) ₹30 lakh
- SEBI had imposed a fine of ₹30 lakh on Reliance Industries (RIL) and its compliance officers, Savithri Parekh and K. Sethuraman, for failing to clarify on news or promptly disclose information with regard to stake purchases in the company’s subsidiary Jio Platforms by FaceBook, Silver Lake and Vista equity partners.
- SEBI said the three noticees did not comply with the provision of principles of fair disclosure of UPSI (unpublished price sensitive information), which states that there should be prompt dissemination of unpublished price sensitive information that gets disclosed selectively, inadvertently or otherwise to make such information generally available.
- RIL and its compliance officers did not issue any clarification on the same, as required under Regulation 30(11) of SEBI (LODR) Regulations, 2015 which states that “The listed entity may on its own initiative also, confirm or deny any reported event or information to stock exchange(s)”.
4. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced on June 18 that Millath Co-operative Bank Ltd., Where is the headquarters of the Millath Co-operative Bank Ltd.?
A) Bengaluru, Karnataka
B) Davangere, Karnataka
C) Mysore, Karnataka
D) Mangaluru, Karnataka
E) Dharwad, Karnataka
Answer: B) Davangere, Karnataka
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced on June 18 that Millath Co-operative Bank Ltd., Davangere, Karnataka, had its license suspended leading to a shortage of capital.
- As a result, the bank will cease to conduct banking operations on June 18, 2022, at the close of business.
- “The Registrar of Cooperative Societies, Karnataka has also been requested to issue an order for winding up the bank and appoint a liquidator for the bank.
- The bank does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- As such, it does not comply with the provisions of Section 11(1) and Section 22 (3) (d) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- RBI has further added that on liquidation, every depositor would be entitled to receive deposit insurance claim amount of his/her deposits up to a monetary ceiling of ₹5,00,000/- from Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) subject to the provisions of DICGC Act, 1961.
- As per the data submitted by the bank, all the depositors will receive full amount of their deposits from Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC).
- As on May 18, 2022, DICGC has already paid ₹10.38 crore of the total insured deposits under the provisions of Section 18A of the DICGC Act, 1961 based on the willingness received from the concerned depositors of the bank.
5. BOB Financial and Nainital Bank launchedwhich type of credit card?
D) American Express
E) Diners Club International
Answer: C) RuPay
- BOB Financial Solutions Limited (BFSL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda and Nainital Bank established by Bharat Ratna Pt. Govind Ballabh Pant in 1922 (and managed by Bank of Baroda since 1973), announced the launch of Nainital Bank – BoB co-branded Contactless RuPay Credit Card.
- The card, being launched in the centenary year of Nainital Bank, is designed to reward customers for everyday spend categories like grocery and departmental stores.
- Cardholders of Nainital Bank – BoB RuPay Contactless Credit Card will be able to earn 5X i.e. 5 reward points (per Rs. 100 spent) for spends on grocery, departmental stores and movies.
- For all other spends, cardholders will earn 1 reward point per Rs. 100 spent.
- In addition, cardholders will also benefit from 1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver on fuel purchases.
- The co-branded credit card also offers complimenatry Personal Accidental Death insurance.
- The card is offered at zero joining fee and a nominal annual fee that is waived on spends of Rs. 25,000 per year.
- To ensure quick and simple acquisition of the co-branded card, customers can apply using a 100% digital process.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs June 20
6. DBS Bank India acquired how much percentage stake in Svakarma Finance?
Answer: A) 9.9%
- DBS Bank India Ltd (DBIL) had acquired a 9.9 per cent stake in Svakarma Finance, a non-banking finance company, to deliver financial solutions to micro enterprises through a combination of direct lending and co-lending.
- However, the bank, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of DBS Bank Ltd., Singapore, did not disclose the transaction value.
- DBIL’s strategy for its expanded franchise across 300 plus locations and 500 plus branches envisages significant growth in SME and consumer businesses, per the bank’s statement.
- DBS will continue to identify opportunities to support lending to micro enterprises in a cost-efficient manner through its own expanded franchise as well as through partners.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 20
7. Who has becomethe director of NIPFP?
A) P Balaji
B) Ajai Puri
C) R Kavita Rao
D) D. Lakshmi Mittal
E) Amit Bhatia
Answer: C) R Kavita Rao
- Eminent economist R Kavita Rao had taken charge as the director of National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP) for a five-year term.
- Rao had replaced Pinaki Chakraborty.
- Rao has been working as a professor at NIPFP.
- She holds a Masters in Economics degree from Delhi School of Economics and a PhD from Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Calcutta.
8. Who has been appointed as the President of Colombia?
A) Federal Bank
B) Rodolfo Hernandez
C) Francia Marquez
D) Canara Bank
E) Gustavo Petro
Answer: E) Gustavo Petro
- Gustavo Petro is slated to become Colombia’s President after winning the country’s Presidential Elections.
- The former guerrilla won against 77-year-old construction magnate Rodolfo Hernandez.
- His running mate Francia Marquez, a single mother and former housekeeper, will become the country’s first black woman Vice President.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 20
9. Australia to provide USD 50 million to which country?
D) Sri Lanka
Answer: D) Sri Lanka
- Australia announced that it will provide 50 million US dollars to support Sri Lanka for meet urgent food and health care needs.
- Australian High Commissioner in Sri Lanka David Holly said that Sri Lanka currently faces its worst economic crisis in seventy years, leading to shortages of food, medicine and fuel.
- He further said that Australia will contribute an immediate 22 million dollars to the World Food Programme for emergency food assistance to help three million people in Sri Lanka meet their daily nutritional needs.
- Australia will also provide 23 million dollars in development assistance to Sri Lanka in 2022-23.
- On other hand, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said that nearly five million people are food insecure and in need of assistance in Sri Lanka.
- It said, Nutritious foods, such as vegetables, fruits and protein-rich products are now out of reach for many low-income families.
- According to media reports, WFP’s recent surveys indicated 86 per cent of families are resorting to at least one coping mechanism, including eating less, eating less nutritious food and even skipping meals altogether.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 20
10. Who has been inaugurated the B R Ambedkar School of Economics campus in Bengaluru?
A) Venkaiah Naidu
B) Ram Nath Kovind
C) Narendra Modi
E) Amit Shah
Answer: C) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the new campus of Dr. B R Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE) University here and also unveiled a statue of the architect of the Indian Constitution installed at the campus.
- At the event, he also unveiled 150 ‘Technology Hubs’ that have been developed by transforming the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) across Karnataka.
- Developed at a cost of over Rs 4,700 crore, the Technology Hubs initiative is supported by many industry partners and aims to create a skilled workforce to address Industry 4.0 manpower needs.
- Out of the total cost, the state government has contributed Rs 657 crore while Tata Technologies Limited (TTL) and its industry partners contributed Rs 4,080 crore.
- The state has also spent an additional Rs 220 crore to create dedicated workshops and technology labs at these 150 ITIs.
- The BASE was planned in line with the London School of Economics and is built on 43.35 acres of land at the Jnana Bharati campus of Bangalore University here.
- It has 13 blocks built at an approximate cost of Rs 250 crore.
11. Which Ministry’s Initiative of using ICT in school education in India wins UNESCO Award?
A) Ministry of Education
B) Ministry of Civil Aviation
C) Ministry of Environmental and Climate Change
D) Ministry of Coal
E) Ministry of Defence
Answer: A) Ministry of Education
- The Ministry of Education initiative to use ICT under the “PM eVidya” scheme during the Covid pandemic has won UNESCO’s recognition.
- The PM eVIDYA programme was initiated as part of the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan’ by the ministry in May 2020 which unifies all efforts related to digital, online, on-air education to enable multi-mode access for imparting education by using technology to minimise learning losses.
- The Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET), a constituent unit of the NCERT has been awarded with the UNESCO’s King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the use of ICT (Information And Communication Technology) in Education for the year 2021.
- This award recognises innovative approaches in leveraging new technologies to expand educational and lifelong learning opportunities for all, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its Goal 4 on Education.
- Established in 2005 with the support of the Kingdom of Bahrain, the prize rewards individuals and organisations that are implementing outstanding projects and promoting creative use of technologies to enhance learning, teaching and overall educational performance in the digital age.
- An international jury selects two best projects annually.
- Each prize winner receives USD 25,000, a medal and a diploma during a ceremony at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris on June 24.
12. Which state government released a book ‘Ashtang Yoga’ by Dr Sonu Phogat?
A) Himachal Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Haryana
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on the eve of 8th International Yoga Day released a book titled Ashtang Yoga authored by Dr Sonu Phogat.
- Speaking on this occasion Haryana CM said that this year the theme of the International Yoga Day (IYD) is Yoga for Humanity.
- He said that on IYD various programmes are being organised in Haryana. He said that every person should have a resolution for Yoga and he has to connect himself with the resolution.
- He said that the Mantra of Yog to Sehyog will show us a new way to the future.
- Appreciating the efforts of writer Dr Sonu Phogat, it is a matter of pride that the book on Yoga was released on the eve of International Yoga Day.
- He said that it will benefit the people.
13. Which state government to launch new industrial policy in consultation with corporates?
A) Himachal Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Punjab
- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann promised congenial atmosphere to the industrialists for their businesses to flourish and said a new industrial policy will be formulated after consulting them.
- Holding a meeting with corporates in Dhuri, Mann said that a single-window system would be launched to enable them to get all approvals required for setting up industries with ease.
- The Chief Minister, as per the statement, alleged that due to the lackadaisical attitude of previous governments industries were driven out of Punjab.
- “Most of the industrialists have shifted their units to neighbouring states amid the higher tax and complex system to get approvals to run the business.
- Mann said that the AAP government has already set in motion the process to establish a single-window portal, allowing industrialists to get a No-Objection Certificate, or other clearances online.
- During the meeting, Mann also urged people to cast their vote for AAP’s candidate Gurmail Singh for the June 23 Lok Sabha bypoll here.
- He said that Singh hails from a common background and is inclined to work for the welfare of Sangrur and Punjab.
14. PM inaugurated Centre for Brain Research in which place?
Answer: E) Bangalore
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Centre for Brain Research (CBR) set up at a cost of Rs 280 crore at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) campus, the foundation stone of which was laid by himself.
- During the Programme, the PM also laid the foundation stone for 832-bedded Bagchi Parthasarathy Multispeciality Hospital.
- The CBR is developed as a one of its kind research facility and focuses on conducting vital research to provide evidence-based public health interventions to manage age-related brain disorders.
- Karnataka Governor Thaawarchand Gehlot, Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai, Union Minister Pralhad Joshi, co-founder of IT major Infosys S Gopalakrishnan and family were among those present at the event.
- The couples will collectively donate Rs 425 crore (equivalent to about USD 60 million) to help construct this 800-bed, not-for-profit, multi-speciality hospital.
- After its founding, this is the largest single private donation received by IISc”, IISC Director Prof. Govindan Rangarajan had said.
- Subroto Bagchi and N S Parthasarathy were co-founders of Mindtree, a Bengaluru-headquartered information technology services and consulting company.
15. Which Ministry’s launched the National Yoga Olympiad 2022?
A) Ministry of Defence
B) Ministry of Civil Aviation
C) Ministry of Environmental and Climate Change
D) Ministry of Coal
E) Ministry of Education
Answer: E) Ministry of Education
- Suggesting the inclusion of Yoga as a part of the National Council of Educational Research and Training curriculum, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the National Yoga Olympiad 2022 and quiz competition in Delhi.
- Speaking on the occasion, Pradhan said that yoga has served humanity in alleviating the sufferings and building resilience, especially during the post-Covid era.
- He appreciated Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s decision to choose ‘Yoga for Humanity’ as this year’s theme and highlighted that it is important to encourage healthier choices and bring people closer together.
- “Yoga is India’s gift to the world and it has gained tremendous popularity globally since the United Nations General Assembly adopted PM Modi’s proposal to celebrate June 21 as International Day of Yoga.
- Yoga is uniting the world in the pursuit of good health and wellness.
- The Education Minister congratulated all the selected students, representing their states/Union Territories in the National Yoga Olympiad and appreciated them for their participation right from the block level.
- While addressing the participants, Union Minister of State for Education Subhas Sarkar said that yoga has to be popularised as a part of the National Education Policy 2020.
- As per an official statement, this year about 600 students from 26 states/UTs and Demonstration Multipurpose Schools of Regional Institutions of Education will be participating in the forthcoming National Yoga Olympiad.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Acquisitions and Mergers