Daily Current Affairs June 17
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 17. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 17| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs June 17
1. Which among the following company is the country’s most valuable company according to the Burgundy Private and Hurun India 500 companies list?
Answer: A) Reliance
- As per the report, Financial Services and Healthcare were the biggest contributors with 81 and 55 companies respectively followed by chemicals with 41 companies, Software & Services with 35 companies.
- As per the report, the value of the top 500 companies in India increased marginally by 2% to ₹232 lakh crore from ₹221 lakh crore as of October 30, 2021.
- The total value of 219 companies declined during the review period.
- Ten companies remained flat and 36 dropped out from the list.
- With a value of ₹18.9 lakh crore, Reliance Industries is India’s most valuable company, followed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) with ₹12.9 lakh crore and HDFC Bank with ₹7.7 lakh crore.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 17
2. RBI lifts restrictions on which payment company?
Answer: B) Mastercard
- The Reserve Bank of India had lifted restrictions placed on Mastercard on expanding its customer base with immediate effect.
- The RBI had imposed restrictions on Mastercard from on-boarding new domestic customers onto its card network from July 22, 2021 after it failed to comply with the RBI order on storing data locally.
- The central bank had made it mandatory for banks to store all the data relating to payment systems in India.
- For the foreign leg of the transaction, if any, the data could also be stored abroad, if required.
- The data includes end-to-end transaction details, information collected, carried and processed as part of the message/payment instruction.
- The RBI had imposed similar restrictions on American Express Banking Corp and Diners Club International from on-boarding new domestic customers onto their card networks from May 1, 2021.
3. Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance will be rebranded as Canara HSBC Life Insurance. Where is the headquartersof Canara HSBC Life Insurance?
A) New Delhi, Delhi
B) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
C) Mumbai, Maharashtra
D) Gurugram, Haryana
E) Bangalore, Karnataka
Answer: D) Gurugram, Haryana
- Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance will be rebranded as Canara HSBC Life Insurance.
- All existing policyholders will continue to enjoy the benefits of its existing policies under the new brand identity.
- L V Prabhakar, MD & CEO, Canara Bank &Chairman, Canara HSBC Life Insurance said, Canara HSBC Life Insurance is aimed towards increasing financial inclusion, insurance awareness and accelerating wealth generation for the clients.
- Under this partnership, the Bank is well placed to provide our customers a choice of life insurance products that best suits their needs and convenience.
- The company has embarked on a digital transformation journey and has also been investing in cloud-based technologies and micro-services-oriented architecture on a constant basis.
- Canara HSBC Life is developing a customer mobility platform that will provide a solid digital architecture for customer support and engagement.
- The company has recorded 105% growth in digital sales during the last financial year, said the firm.
4. Airtel launches Xstream Fiber in which State/Union Territory?
A) Jammu and Kashmir
C) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
D) Both B and C
E) Dadar and Nagar Haveli
Answer: D) Both B and C
- Bharti Airtel had announced the launch of its Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) broadband service Airtel Xstream Fiber in Ladakh and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The company has become the first private internet service provider to roll out FTTH broadband services in these remote geographies.
- Airtel’s high-speed broadband is currently available to customers in Leh, Ladakh, and Port Blair in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Vir Inder Nath, CEO of Broadband Bharti Airtel said, We are delighted to bring Airtel Xstream Fiber’s high-quality broadband experience to these regions.
- The post-pandemic era had led to a surge in demand for high-speed broadband in homes, especially for work from home, online learning as well as online entertainment.
- Airtel Xstream Fiber, available in 847 cities, had over 4.8 million customers as of March 2022.
- The company aims to scale its footprint to 2,000 towns by 2025.
5. Kotak Mahindra General Insurance companytied up with which payment company to offer motor insurance?
Answer: C) Phonepe
- Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Limited (Kotak General Insurance) announced that it has partnered with PhonePe Insurance Broking Services Pvt. Ltd (PhonePe), a digital payments platform to offer motor insurance to 380 million customers on the PhonePe platform.
- Through PhonePe, Kotak General Insurance will provide quick and seamless car and two-wheeler insurance policies to its customers.
- Suresh Agarwal, Managing Director & CEO, Kotak General Insurance said, “This tie-up will empower PhonePe customers to buy car and two-wheeler insurance end-to-end online in just a few clicks from the comfort of their smart phones.
- At Kotak General Insurance it has been our endeavour to provide simple and easy to understand products for customers and the partnership with PhonePe will help us to connect and engage with customers who are digital natives, seeking convenience.
6. Bharat FIH has received market regulator SEBI’s approval for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) aggregating to how much amount?
A) ₹30,000 crore
B) ₹15,000 crore
C) ₹5,000 crore
D) ₹25,000 crore
E) ₹10,000 crore
Answer: C) ₹5,000 crore
- The largest electronic manufacturing services (EMS) provider in India, Bharat FIH has received market regulator Sebi’s approval for an initial public offering (IPO) aggregating to ₹5,000 crore.
- Separately, market regulator SEBI has also sought clarifications from Lava Mobiles for its Rs 1500 crore IPO.
- The Noida-based smartphone brand and contract manufacturer had filed the draft prospectus in September 2021 that stated a fresh issue of equity shares worth Rs 500 crore, and an offer for sale component of 43,727,603 equity shares.
- The Bharat FIH IPO includes a fresh issue of shares worth Rs 2502 crore and a stake sale by promoter group Foxconn’s subsidiary Wonderful Stars valued at Rs 2502 crore.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 17
7. Who becomethe world’s second-longest reigning monarch in history?
A) France’s Louis XIV
B) Queen Elizabeth II
C) Queen Victoria
D) Bhumibol Adulyadej
E) King Jigme Khesar NAmgyel Wangchuck
Answer: B) Queen Elizabeth II
- Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II overtook Thailand’s King to become the world’s second-longest reigning monarch in history, after France’s Louis XIV.
- This comes just a few weeks after the Platinum Jubilee celebrations to mark her 70 years of service.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs June 17
8. Which Institute has become indigenously designed quadrivalent human papillomavirus (qHPV) vaccine against cervical cancer?
B) Serum Institute of India
C) ASHA Workers
D) GAVI Group
E) Bharat Biotech
Answer: B) Serum Institute of India
- The Subject expert committee will discuss the Serum Institute of India’s (SII) first indigenously designed quadrivalent human papillomavirus (qHPV) vaccine against cervical cancer.
- Prakash Kumar Singh (director of government and regulatory affairs) filed a market authorisation application for the qHPV vaccination with the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) on June 8.
- Singh’s application to the DCGI describes the vaccine’s antibody response against HPV types in all doses and age groups.
- According to ANI sources, the vaccine is scheduled to hit the market by the end of 2022.
- The qHPV vaccine will be India’s first indigenously-curated cervical cancer vaccine.
- After completing the phase 2/3 clinical trial with the help of the Department of Biotechnology, the Pune-based Serum Institute of India submitted for market permission to assure its early availability in the country.
- In his application, Singh states that the vaccine CERVAVAC had exhibited a significant antibody response against all targeted HPV types in both dose and age categories, which is over 1,000 times higher than the baseline.
9. Multipl has launched which app to a travel goal and stand a chance to win the holiday jackpot?
A) Travel enjoy’22
B) Travel Bonanza’22
C) Travel place’22
D) Travel trip’22
E) Travel happy’22
Answer: B) Travel Bonanza’22
- Multipl app which is the world’s 1st Save Now, Pay Later platform is helping its users enjoy life smarter with maximum savings.
- It lets users invest for travel goals for a short-term to earn returns on their savings.
- Furthermore, they have partnered with the major brands in the Indian travel space such as Yatra, Makemytrip, Pickyourtrail, Wandering Jane, Easemytrip and many more to get exclusive benefits for their users.
- To make this even better, Multipl had launched Travel Bonanza’22 on the app.
- All consumers need to do is start a travel goal and stand a chance to win the holiday jackpot worth up to ₹1 lac sponsored completely by Multipl.
- Everyone will have assured wins too.
- For instance, there is a provision of 5% of the goal amount to be added to the travel savings additionally and cashback up to ₹10,000 on every goal by Multipl.
- It goes without saying that the younger generation loves traveling.
- Travel spending in India alone has been increasing at a CAGR of 10%.
- Had COVID not happened, the travel spending in 2020, as per the advanced bookings done, was supposed to be around USD 127 billion.
10. Which type of social media platform to launch SMBSaathi Utsav to help digitization of small businesses?
Answer: A) WhatsApp
- WhatsApp India announced SMBSaathi Utsav-an initiative to support small businesses by helping them adopt digital mediums such as the WhatsApp Business App to run their business.
- WhatsApp had kicked off with a pilot for the initiative in Jaipur’s Johri Bazaar and Bapu Bazaar where 500+ small businesses are being trained on various aspects of running their business online.
- Launched in collaboration with Josh Talks the intent of this initiative is to educate and help small businesses unlock the potential of their business through WhatsApp.
- India is home to approximately 6.3 Cr MSMEs accounting for 30% of the country’s GDP and employing over 110 million people at present.
- During the pandemic, these businesses were severely affected witnessing a 20-50% decline in their overall earnings.
- One of the major reasons behind this fall was the lack of market access.
- To help these businesses revive from this downturn, WhatsApp launched the SMBSaathi initiative earlier this year, which showcased inspiring stories of business owners across India who pivoted to digital ways of doing business during the pandemic.
- For many of these businesses WhatsApp was their first digital gateway and an easier and more effective alternative to building and maintaining a website.
- The SMBSaathi Utsav is the second phase of the SMBSaathi campaign.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 17
11. Government working towards expanding NH network to 2 lakh kilometres by which year?
Answer: A) 2025
- The government is working towards expanding the National Highway network to 2 lakh kilometres by 2025, Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- Addressing an event organised by Indian Roads Congress (IRC), Gadkari also proposed the setting up of ‘Innovation Bank’ for new ideas, research findings and technologies to focus on quality in infrastructure development.
- The minister pointed out that in the last eight years, the length of National Highways has gone up by more than 50 per cent from 91,000 km in 2014 to about 1.47 lakh km now.
- Noting that the government is very committed to the development of the northeast region, he said NHIDCL (National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation) is playing a vital role in developing infrastructure in this region.
- Till date, 2,344 km highway has been constructed at the cost of Rs 45,000 crore in the North East region.
12. Which state to become the largest State in terms of outstanding microfinance loan portfolio?
C) Tamil Nadu
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu had displaced West Bengal to emerge as the largest State in terms of the outstanding portfolio of microfinance loans.
- According to MFIN Micrometer Q4 FY21-22, a quarterly report published by Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN), the gross loan portfolio (GLP) of Tamil Nadu as of March 31, 2022 stood at ₹36,806 crore.
- It was followed by Bihar (₹35,941 crore) and West Bengal (₹34,016 crore).
- At the end of Q3FY22, West Bengal topped the chart with the highest outstanding portfolio of loans at ₹32,880 crore, followed by Tamil Nadu (₹32,359 crore).
- The Top 10 States (based on total microcredit universe) constitute 82.4 per cent of total GLP of the industry.
- West Bengal was followed by Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- According to the report, around 64 per cent of the microfinance portfolio is concentrated in the East, Northeast, and Southern regions.
- The overall microfinance industry has a total GLP of ₹2,85,441 crore as of March 31, 2022, an increase of 10 per cent year-on-year (YoY) from ₹2,59,377 crore as of March 31, 2021.
13. Which airport in India has become ‘Best Regional Airport Award’ in South Asia?
A) Indira Gandhi International Airport
B) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
C) Cochin International Airport
D) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
E) Kempegowda International Airport
Answer: E) Kempegowda International Airport
- Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) had bagged the title of ‘Best Regional Airport in India and South Asia’ during the prestigious 2022 Skytrax World Airport Awards event.
- The award is based on a survey of customers conducted globally. From check-in to arrivals, transfers, shopping, security, immigration, to departures at the gates, the survey evaluates consumer experience across airport service and key performance factors.
- The ceremony was held in Paris. Hari K Marar, MD & CEO of airport operator, Bangalore International Airport Ltd (BIAL), said, It brings us enormous joy in accepting the award as the Best Regional Airport in India and South Asia.
- Lauding BIAL, Edward Plaisted, CEO of Skytrax said, “The last two years have been extremely difficult for airports worldwide, having to cope with the many restrictions of Covid- 19 and the severe drop in travel demand.
- With air travel quickly returning to a more normal level, the challenge to deliver the highest standards is being met at Bangalore International Airport.
14. Shree Kalika Mata temple has been located in which place?
C) Tamil Nadu
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Ahmedabad on his two day visit to Gujarat.
- Governor Acharya Devvrat, Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel along with senior ministers and top officials received Prime Minister Modi at Ahmedabad airport.
- The Prime Minister will stay at Rajbhavan in Gandhinagar.
- PM will inaugurate the redeveloped temple of Shree Kalika Mata at Pavagadh Hill.
- It is one of the oldest temples in the region and attracts pilgrims in large numbers.
- Mr Modi will also inaugurate and lay the foundation stones of development projects worth 21 thousand crore rupees in Vadodara.
- He will participate in the ‘Gujarat Gaurav Abhiyan’ program and address the large gathering at Vadodara.
15. Which state government to launche pilot project for ‘Sujal’ initiative to conserve water?
A) Himachal Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Haryana
- Chandigarh, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the ‘Sujal’ initiative for Panchkula to monitor the water supply and control its flow in the region.
- Currently a pilot project, it will be implemented across the state after being successful in Panchkula, an official statement.
- Calling the initiative unique and environment-friendly, the chief minister said that it will prove to be a benchmark in the field of water conservation by helping them save the precious resource.
- Under the initiative, a device will be installed in every drinking water meter, tubewell and connections of Haryana Shehri Vikas Pradhikaran (HSVP) that will store the water usage data online.
- With this technology, it will become easy to estimate the flow of water in every house and at every commercial site that falls under HSVP. It will also help in detecting inactive connections and meters so that they can be turned off.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology