Daily Current Affairs June 16
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 16. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 16| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 16
1. Asia Oceania Open Championship to be held in which place?
B) South Korea
C) North Korea
Answer: B) South Korea
- Indian para-powerlifters Manpreet Kaur and Parmjeet Kumar have won bronze medals on the opening day of World Para-powerlifting 2022 Asia Oceania Open Championships at Pyeongtaek in South Korea.
- Manpreet Kaur won the bronze medal in the 41 kg category.
- She had the best lift of 88 kg and the total lift of 173 kg.
- In men’s category, Parmjeet Kumar, also won the bronze medal in 49 kg category.
- He lifted 160 and 163 kilograms in two rounds which were his lifetime best lifts.
2. Which country will host the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Football?
Answer: E) India
- Bhubaneswar will host India’s group stage matches of FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup Football in October this year which is scheduled to happen between October 11-30, officially announced that Bhubaneswar would host the group matches of the Indian team Matches will be held at Kalinga Stadium.
- The Kalinga Stadium here in the state capital will see hosts India competes in all three group stage games on 11th, 14th and 17th October 2022.
- The official draw will be announced on 24th June.
- A total of 32 games contested by 16 teams will decide the winner of the seventh edition of the biennial youth tournament over 10 match days.
- The group matches will be shared among all three host states – Odisha, Goa and Maharashtra.
- The quarter final round of games will be held on 21st and 22nd October following which the semi-finals will be held at Goa.
- The DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai will host the summit clash on October 30.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 16
3. RBI had raised the limit of e-mandates for transactions up to how much amount?
A) Rs 10,000
B) Rs 15,000
C) Rs 12,000
D) Rs 11,000
E) Rs 5,000
Answer: B) Rs 15,000
- The Reserve Bank raised the Additional Factor of Authentication (AFA) limit from Rs 5,000 to Rs 15,000 per transaction for e-mandates on cards, Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPIs) and UPI for recurring transactions. It implies, additional authentication will not be need for payment of Rs 15,000 per transaction.
- On a review of implementation of the e-mandate framework and the protection available to customers, it has been decided to increase AFA limit from Rs 5,000 to Rs 15,000 per transaction.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had, over the past decade, put in place various safety and security measures for card payments, including the requirement of AFA, especially for ‘card-not-present’ transactions.
- Under e-mandate, an individual can give standing instruction to the bank to debit a specific amount automatically on recurring basis.
4. Recently, which bank had made pregnant women ‘temporarily unfit’ for joining process?
D) Indian Bank
E) ICICI Bank
Answer: D) Indian Bank
- After State Bank of India, another public sector lender Indian Bank had made pregnant women with over three months pregnancy “temporarily unfit” to join the bank, inviting criticism from various organisations.
- As per the guidelines and criteria for physical fitness for pre-employment recently issued by Indian Bank, candidates would be re-examined six weeks after delivery for the appointment of selected post.
- A woman candidate, who as a result of tests, is found to be pregnant of 12 weeks standing or over, should be declared temporarily unfit until the confinement is over.
- The candidate should be re-examined for a fitness certificate six weeks after the date of labour, subject to the product.
- As a result, the joining of such women would be delayed and such candidates would lose seniority.
5. Which small financial bank set to launch kid’s saving account?
A) Fincare Small Finance Bank
B) Capital Small Finance Bank
C) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
D) Equitas Small Finance Bank
E) AU Small Finance Bank
Answer: D) Equitas Small Finance Bank
- Equitas Small Finance Bank is set to launch kids’ savings account called ENJOI, on Father’s Day – 19 June, 2022.
- According to the firm, ENJOI will allow kids of 0-18 years to open a savings account under the supervision of their parents.
- Minors aged 10 & above will also get an option for a personalized debit card, as per the bank.
- The account offers 7% interest for savings balances between ₹5 Lakh to ₹2 crore.
- Upon the written consent from parents, minors aged 10 & above can also avail self- operating account with limited transaction limits.
- The account offers flexibility to choose the mode of savings either as a savings account, balance starting as low as ₹ 1,000; RD (recurring deposit) for ₹ 500 monthly; FD (fixed deposit) for ₹ 10,000.
- ENJOI as an idea is built to allow growing kids to understand the power of savings and start their financial journey with our Bank.
- The habits and culture, taught at young age, stays with us in a long run.
- We all have that emotional connect with our first bank account and with all the flexibility and features that ENJOI offers for the kids, we hope launching this account during the school reopening period, would make this their “Savings Ki Paathshaala”.
- With the launch of kids account, Equitas Small Finance Bank now has a solution to cater to the savings needs in every stage of human evolution.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 16
6. Who has been appointed as the new Karnataka Lokayukta?
A) Krishnan Natarajan
B) Bhimanagouda Sanganagouda Patil
C) Raghunath Rao
D) Vishwanath Shetty
E) Thaawarchand Gehlot
Answer: B) Bhimanagouda Sanganagouda Patil
- Bengaluru, Jun 14 (PTI) Former Karnataka High Court Judge, Justice Bhimanagouda Sanganagouda Patil appointed as the new Lokayukta of the state.
- He is presently serving as the Upalokayukta.
- According to the appointment notification issued on the orders of Governor Thaawarchand Gehlot, Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai had recommended that Justice Patil be appointed as the Lokayukta of Karnataka.
- This recommendation was made after consulting the Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court, the Chairman Karnataka Legislative Council, the Speaker, Karnataka Legislative Assembly and the Leaders of Opposition in both the Houses of the State Legislature.
- The post of the head of anti-corruption ombudsman in the state has been vacant after Justice P Vishwanath Shetty had stepped down as Karnataka Lokayukta in January, after five years of service.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs June 16
7. Indo-Bangladesh bilateral exercise “Ex Sampriti-X” concluded at which place?
A) Sylhet, Bangladesh
B) Dhaka, Bangladesh
C) Jashore, Bangladesh
D) Chittagong, Bangladesh
E) Khulna, Bangladesh
Answer: C) Jashore, Bangladesh
- Indo-Bangladesh bilateral Joint Military Exercise “Ex SAMPRITI-X” concluded at Jashore Military Station, Bangladesh.
- The Closing Ceremony of the 10th edition of “Ex Sampriti” was attended by Lieutenant General Ataul Hakim Sarwar Hasan, Chief of General Staff, Bangladesh Army along with Major General Praveen Chhabra, General Officer Commanding 20 Mountain Division of Indian Army and Major General Md Nurul Anwar, General Officer Commanding 55 Division of Bangladesh Army.
- The aim of the exercise was to strengthen the military relations between the two countries.
- The exercise also provided an opportunity to the contingents from both the Armies to understand each other’s tactical drills and operational techniques as well as to share their experience on Counter Insurgency/ Counter Terrorism, Peace Keeping and Disaster Relief Operation under the United Nations mandate.
- Senior officers of both the Armies conveyed their appreciation to the participating contingents for achieving the objectives of the Exercise.
- Besides training, both contingents also participated in a number of activities including friendly football and cricket matches.
- The joint exercise, besides promoting understanding and interoperability between the two armies, further helped in strengthening ties between India and Bangladesh.
8. Prithvi-II is the ______ missile with a range of around 250km?
A) Mini Range Ballistic Missile
B) Micro Range Ballistic Missile
C) Medium Range Ballistic Missile
D) Intercontinental Range Ballistic Missile
E) Short Range Ballistic Missile
Answer: E) Short Range Ballistic Missile
- India successfully carried out the night launch of Prithvi-II short range ballistic missile from an integrated test range in Odisha.
- It said the test validated all operational and technical parameters of the missile.
- A successful training launch of a short-range ballistic missile, Prithvi-II was carried out on June 15, at approximately 1930 hrs from the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, Odisha.
- The missile is a proven system and is capable of striking targets with a very high degree of precision.
- Prithvi-2 class is also a single-stage liquid-fueled missile having a maximum warhead mounting capability of 500 kg, but with an extended range of 250 km (160 mi).
- It was developed with the Indian Air Force being the primary user.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 16
9. 47th meeting of GST Council to be be held in which place?
B) New Delhi
Answer: A) Srinagar
- The 47th meeting GST Council, chaired by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, will meet on June 28 and 29 in Srinagar.
- This is the second time that the GST Council meeting is being held in Srinagar.
- Before the launch of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) on July 1, 2017, the 14th meeting of the Council was held on May 18 and 19 in the city. GST rates on 1,211 items were approved at the two-day meeting.
- The 47th GST Council meeting assumes significance as it is expected to discuss the report of the panel of state ministers on rate rationalisation and also the tax rate on casinos, race courses and online gaming.
- Under GST, a four-tier structure exempts or imposes a low tax rate of 5 per cent on essential items and levies the top rate of 28 per cent on cars and demerit goods.
- The other slabs of tax are 12 and 18 per cent.
10. PM Modi to preside over All India Chief Secretaries’ Conclave at which place?
C) Himachal Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Himachal Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had reached Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh to preside over the All India Chief Secretaries’ Conclave being organized by NITI Aayog.
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur and Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar accorded him a warm welcome.
- All India Chief Secretaries’ conference will deliberate on the implementation of urban governance, crop diversification, new education policy, and self-reliance in agricultural commodities.
- The focus will be on rapid and sustainable economic growth in partnership with the Center and the States.
- In addition to the Chief Secretaries of the States and Union Territories, about 200 thematic experts from different fields are participating in this conference.
- Cabinet Secretary, Rajiv Gauba inaugurated the conference organized by NITI Aayog at the indoor facility at Dharamshala HPCA Stadium.
11. Centre approved how much amount to disaster response fund to Rajasthan and Nagaland?
A) Rs.1,143 crores
B) Rs.1,245 crores
C) Rs.1,343 crores
D) Rs.1,045 crores
E) Rs.1,043 crores
Answer: E) Rs.1,043 crores
- The Union Government had approved additional Central assistance of over one thousand forty three crore rupees (Rs 1043 crore) under the National Disaster Response Fund to Rajasthan and Nagaland which were affected by drought during 2021-22.
- The High Level Committee under the Chairmanship of Home Minister Amit Shah had approved around one thousand four crore rupees (Rs 1004 crore) for Rajasthan and over 39 crore rupees for Nagaland.
- This additional assistance is over and above the funds released by the Centre to the States in the State Disaster Response Funds.
- During 2021-22, the Central Government has released 17 thousand 747 crore rupees to 28 states in their SDRFs and seven thousand 342 crore rupees to eleven states from the NDRF.
12. Which of the following ministry had inaugurated the Industrial Decarbonization Summit 2022 in New Delhi?
A) NITI Aayog
B) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
C) Ministry of Defence
D) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
E) Ministry of Coal
Answer: D) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari had emphasized on maintaining equilibrium between ecology, environment and development.
- Inaugurating Industrial Decarbonization Summit 2022 in New Delhi, Mr Gadkari said, in the coming days, we have to strengthen the country’s economy and at the same time save the environment.
- He said the government’s priority is green hydrogen and by using biotechnology we can increase the productivity of Biomass.
- He said, by using Biomass we can make Bio-ethanol, Bio-LNG and Bio-CNG.
13. Bandipur Tiger Reserve is situated at which state?
A) Himachal Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Karnataka
- Bhogeshwara, reportedly the elephant with the longest tusks in Asia, died of natural causes at the age of 60.
- The wild elephant, also known as Mr Kabini, was found dead in the Gundre range of Karnataka’s Bandipur Tiger Reserve.
- According to forest department officials, Bhogeshwar’s tusks were 2.54 meters and 2.34 meters long.
- Known for its gentle temperament, the elephant frequented the Kabini backwaters for the last three decades.
- Wildlife enthusiasts who observed Bhogeshwara say that his calmness and long tusks used to attract the tourists at Kabini.
14. Which state government to launch an online helicopter booking service portal for Amarnath Yatra?
A) Himachal Pradesh
C) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: C) Jammu and Kashmir
- In J&K, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha launched an online helicopter booking service portal for Shri Amarnath Ji Yatra.
- After launching the portal, he said that it was a long pending endeavour of the Government to introduce heli services from Srinagar for better connectivity and accessibility, adding for the first time, devotees can travel with ease directly from Srinagar to Panchtarni and complete the holy yatra in a single day.
- Devotees can log on to the Shrine Board’s website for booking.
15. Which state government to celebrate International literary festival ‘Unmesh’?
A) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: A) Himachal Pradesh
- In Himachal Pradesh the three-day international literary festival “Unmesh” is being organized at the historic Gaiety Theater in Shimla.
- Minister of State for Culture Arjun Ram Meghawal inaugurated the festival.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Minister said that this festival is being organized for the first time and similar functions will be organized in different parts of the country.
- The festival is being organised by the Union Ministry of Culture and the Sahitya Akademi with the support of the state Department of Art and Culture as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The festival, with the title “Unmesh- a celebration of expression”, will be the biggest international literary festival in the country so far.
- Over 425 writers, poets, translators, critics and distinguished personalities from 15 countries, representing over 60 languages, would attend the event.
- More than 1,000 books related to the freedom movement would also be displayed during the three-day international literary festival ‘Unmesh’.
- During the festival, Booker Prize-winning author Geetanjali Shree will express her views on women’s writing in Indian languages..
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology