Daily Current Affairs June 15
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 15. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 15| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 15
1. Paavo Nurmi Games councted at which place?
Answer: C) Finland
- Tokyo Olympics gold medalist ace Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra set a new national record of 89.30 metres at Paavo Nurmi Games in Finland.
- Chopra’s earlier national record was 88.07m which he had set in Patiala in March last year.
- He had won the Tokyo Olympics gold with a throw of 87.58m on August 7, 2021.
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Thakur had lauded the outstanding performance of Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra who set a new national record in a sporting event in Finland.
- Neeraj Chopra won the silver medal with his throw at the event. This was Neeraj’s first competitive outing since winning the historic gold medal at the Tokyo Games.
- Finland’s Oliver Helander won the gold medal at the event with a throw of 89.83 metres.
- Men’s Weight: 800gm at least 260 cm (8.5 feet)
- Women’s Weight: 600gm at least 220 cm (7.2 feet)
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs June 15
2. 7th Pay Commission to announce how much percentage DA hiked likely for central govt employees, pensioners in July?
Answer: B) 5%
- 7th Pay Commission to announce 5% DA hiked likely for central govt employees, pensioners in July.
- There is a good news for around 48 lakh central government employees and 67 lakh pensioners.
- Last time, DA was increased by 3 percent to 34 percent for government employees with effect from January 1, 2022.
- With inflation in the country soaring at recording levels, the DA hike will bring some relief for the government employees.
- According to media reports, given the All-India Consumer Price Index (AICPI) at round 127 points, DA hike is likely to be around five per cent.
- The DA is revised two times in a year-January and July.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 15
3. Which of the following industrial persons have been appointed to RBI board?
A) Mahesh Kumar Jain and Venu Srinivasan
B) Kumar Birla and Cyrus Poonawalla
C) Anand Gopal Mahindra and Lakshmi Mittal
D) Anand Gopal Mahindra and Sridhar Vembu
E) Anand Gopal Mahindra and Venu Srinivasan
Answer: E) Anand Gopal Mahindra and Venu Srinivasan
- The Central Government had nominated Chairman of Mahindra group Anand Gopal Mahindra, TVS Motor’s Chairman Venu Srinivasan, Zydus Lifescience’s Chairman Pankaj Ramanbhai Patel along with IIM Ahmedabad’s ex-faculty Ravindra Dholakia as part-time non-official Directors on the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India.
- The Central Bank said the appointment will be for a period of four years effective from June 14.
- The four new appointees will be part of the 10 non-official directors of the Governing body of the RBI appointed by the Government from time to time.
- The official full-time directors of the RBI governing board consist of the Governor and four deputy governors.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs June 15
4. Special prosthetic leg designed for Indian conditions by which IIT?
A) IIT Delhi
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Guwahati
D) IIT Kanpur
E) IIT Roorkee
Answer: C) IIT Guwahati
- A research team from the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IITG) developed a prosthetic leg specially designed for Indian conditions which can meet needs such as cross-legged sitting and deep squatting.
- The device, backed by Union Ministry of Education and Department of Biotechnology, is also adjustable for different age groups and multiple stages of prosthesis use.
- The prototypes of the device are currently under trial. It is expected to cost Rs 25,000.
- Products available in the markets now are developed with Western technology and ignore Indian locomotion needs, such as cross-legged sitting and exercise postures in Yoga which can be used for rehabilitation.
- The knee joint developed by our team has a spring-assisted deep squat mechanism, which helps to use the Indian toilet system more comfortably.
- The knee rotating mechanism helps to have cross-legged sitting; the locking mechanism helps to reduce the fear of falling in patients while walking in unknown terrain, adjustable link length in a knee helps to have either more stability or easy flexing depending on age and requirement of the patients.
- IITG researchers collaborated with 151 Army Base Hospital, Guwahati, Tolaram Bafna Kamrup District Civil Hospital, Guwahati, Guwahati Neurological Research Centre (GNRC), North Guwahati, and North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 15
5. In which edition of BRICS National Security Advisors meeting to be held virtually?
A) 12th edition
B) 17th edition
C) 15th edition
D) 13th edition
E) 14th edition
Answer: A) 12th edition
- The 12th meeting of BRICS National Security Advisors (NSA) will be held virtually.
Announcing this at a regular press briefing in Beijing, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin said that Yang Jiechi, a member of the political bureau of the CPC Central Committee will chair the meeting in Beijing which will be attended by the NSAs of Brazil, Russia, India and South Africa.
- He said that the meeting of BRICS NSAs is an important platform for BRICS countries to enhance political and security cooperation.
- As the current BRICS chair, China looks forward to working with fellow BRICS members to achieve positive results in this meeting to consolidate political mutual trust, deepen political and security cooperation, uphold the five countries’ security and development interests and contribute to world peace and stability.
6. Which country to host Eighth Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians?
Answer: D) Egypt
- Egypt is hosting the Eighth Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians in Sharm El Sheikh.
- The two-day conference is jointly organized by the House of Representatives and the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU).
- Nagaland’s first woman elected as Member of Parliament to Rajya Sabha S. Phangon Konyak is representing India at the Conference.
- She, along with two other young Lok Sabha MPs from India, will be sharing her thoughts on the ‘Young MPs for Climate Actions’.
- The 8th Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians provides a platform for young MPs from across the world to exchange learn and define common and innovative strategies to advance youth empowerment.
- This year in Egypt, around 200 young MPs, from 60 countries are participating to discuss strategies to mitigate the impact of climate change and ensure that global warming does not exceed 1.5 degrees Celsius in line with the Paris Agreement.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 15
7. Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved to increase of how many times in MSP for Kharif crops for Marketing Season 2022-23?
A) 2 times
B) 2.5 times
C) 1.5 times
D) 3 times
E) 5 times
Answer: C) 1.5 times
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs had approved increase in Minimum Support Price for all intended Kharif crops for Marketing Season 2022-23.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur said, the approved rates are at least one and half times of the all India weighted average cost of production.
- He said, the highest absolute increase in MSP over the previous year has been recommended for Sesamum 523 rupees per quintal, Moong 480 rupees per quintal, Sunflower seed 385 rupees per quintal, Tur, Urad and Groundnut 300 rupees per quintal, Cotton (Medium Staple) 354 rupees and Cotton (Long Staple) 355 rupees.
- It will lead to greater investment and production.
- It will also provide assured remunerative prices for the farmers and will help in achieving the goal of Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
- Wheat, Oat
8. Which state government to launch Ennum Ezhuthum scheme to fill learning gap?
C) Tamil Nadu
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu government CM to launch Ennum Ezhuthum scheme to fill learning gap.
- The scheme aimed to ensure foundational literacy and numeracy by 2025.
- It was launched at an event in Azhinjivakkam panchayat union middle school, Tiruvallur.
- Under the programme, the education department will distribute workbooks to students from Classes 1 to 3 to assess and bridge the learning gap.
- A special training programme was conducted for teachers and handbooks were distributed.
- Teachers were advised to opt for interactive learning methods and encourage students to read newspapers and books in the school library.
- The State government had announced a slew of programmes and schemes for the academic year 2022-23, with the motive to improve the quality of education in the State.
- Schools in Tamil Nadu were shut for more than 19 months during the pandemic.
- Regular classes alone are not enough to bridge the learning gap, which is why we devised the programme.
- The programme is designed to help each child individually and a high-level committee has been formed for the purpose.
- During the completion of one year of DMK government in May, the CM had announced free breakfast scheme for primary school children and a nutrition scheme for malnourished children in the State.
- He also announced Rs 1,000 incentive for girl students pursuing higher education.
9. ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting to be held in which place?
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) New Delhi
Answer: E) New Delhi
- India will host a two-day Special ASEAN-India Foreign Ministers‘ meeting.
- This will be the first meeting hosted by India in New Delhi.
- It will be accompanied by the 12th Edition of Delhi Dialogue.
- The theme of the Delhi Dialogue is ‘Building Bridges in the Indo-Pacific’.
- The Ministerial Session will be attended by External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar and ASEAN’s Foreign Ministers.
- External Affairs Spokesman Arindam Bagchi termed the ASEAN, central to India’s Act East Policy.
- ASEAN-India Foreign Ministers’ meeting will mark the 30th Anniversary of dialogue relations and the 10th Anniversary of a strategic partnership with ASEAN.
- 2022 has been designated as the ASEAN-India friendship year.
10. The Ministry of Civil Aviation targeted to which year India into a top destination for air sports?
Answer: B) 2030
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation had launched an aero-sports policy to turn India into a top destination for air sports by 2030.
- In a first, the policy sets up an oversight body for regulation, certification, accidents and penalties.
11. Which social media app to launche GARI Mining program to empower its users?
Answer: B) Chingari
- Social media app Chingari had announced the GARI mining program under which it will offer cryptocurrency with the same name.
- GARI, the social tokens, will be awarded to creators and users for doing in-app activities.
- Chingari’s native token, GARI enables creators to monetize their content on the Blockchain with the GARI token.
- The Solana blockchain-based digital tokens worth Rs 93 crore will be offered to users annually.
- The GARI tokens will be distributed to the creators from a daily pool of 50,000 to-kens, out of which 5,000 tokens will be set aside for the daily login bonus.
- The remaining 45,000 GARI will be rewarded to the users/creators for enjoying in-app activities including watching, liking, and sharing videos on the app.
- The program will offer Rs. 93 crore (12 million) to the creators and users annually.
12. Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple located in which place?
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttarakhand
- The Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee (BKTC) announced that an insurance of one lakh rupees will be provided to a devotee in case of any kind of accident that happens with him/her on the temple premises of Chardham in Uttarakhand.
- The Char Dham Yatra resumed on May 3, 2022.
- Over 100 people have been killed ever since the Char Dham Yatra resumed this year.
- A huge influx of devotees has been reported for the Char Dham Yatra this year.
- The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has been deployed on Kedarnath temple premises for security and crowd management.
- Badarinath is one of the holy shrines for Vaishnavites among the 108 divya desams incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
13. Andhra Pradesh’s Annamayya district aims to spend how much amount to MGNREGS scheme?
A) Rs 570 crore
B) Rs 370 crore
C) Rs 470 crore
D) Rs 270 crore
E) Rs 670 crore
Answer: C) Rs 470 crore
- The Annamayya district administration had set a target of spending Rs 470 crore on wages and material component in the ratio of 60:40, under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) in 2022-23.
- According to official data, the district has 3.2 lakh job card holders and of them 1.9 lakh are active.
- As per the scheme, each worker is provided work for 100 days with a minimum daily wage of Rs 257.
- The district stands fifth in paying wages to workers in the State.
- Earn Rs 1,300-Rs 1,500 as wages on an average in a week.
- Set a target of Rs 280 crore expenditure towards wages and aim to provide 1.10 crore work-days this fiscal.
14. President Ram Nath Kovind laid foundation stone of new Raj Bhavan building at which place?
Answer: A) Goa
- President Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stone of the New Raj Bhavan building in Dona Paula, Goa near the state capital Panaji.
- The construction of existing building started in 16th century which became Governor house in late 19th century.
- The officials said that care will be taken to mitigate impact of climate change while constructing new building by taking steps like rainwater harvesting.
- New building initiative concept is inspired by Rashtrapati Bhawan, other Raj Bhawans and vivid Goan architecture.
- Chief Minister Dr Sawant expressed happiness and gratitude to the President on laying foundation stone of New Raj Bhawan.
15. First ever service of theme-based Bharat Gaurav Train starts journey from place?
A) Coimbatore North to Sainagar Shirdi
B) Coimbatore South to Mumbai
C) Coimbatore East to Sainagar Shirdi
D) Coimbatore West to Sainagar Shirdi
E) Coimbatore North to Pune
Answer: A) Coimbatore North to Sainagar Shirdi
- The first ever service of the theme-based Bharat Gaurav Train started its journey from Coimbatore North to Sainagar Shirdi.
- It was flagged off by the Southern Railway Salem Division Manager Gautam Srinivas.
- A release from the Southern Railway says the train is being operated by a private service provider.
- In its maiden journey, 1100 passengers travelled from Coimbatore to Shirdi.
- The firm “South Star Rail” is the registered service provider that operates the train on the route.
- The Railways say that from the operation of the train, it would get a fixed revenue of 3.34 crore rupees a year.
- Indian Railways launched the operation of the theme-based Bharat Gaurav train in November 2021.
- Its objective was to showcase the country’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Science and Technology