Daily Current Affairs June 14
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 14. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 14| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 14
1. World Blood Donation Day has been celebrated in which date?
A) June 14
B) June 12
C) June 13
D) June 10
E) June 15
Answer: A) June 14
- World Blood Donation Day is celebrated every year on June 14.
- The first World Blood Donation Day was observed by WHO in 2004.
- The day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Austrian biologist and physician, Karl Landsteiner.
- In the 58th World Health Assembly, 2005 it was declared as an annual global event to raise awareness of the importance of blood donation.
- “Donating blood is an act of solidarity. Join the effort and save lives”.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 14
2. Which state become as the champion at the Khelo India Youth Games 2021?
D) Jammu Kashmir
Answer: C) Haryana
- The 4th edition Khelo India Youth Games 2021 concluded , with Haryana grabbed the top position in the medal tally with 52 gold, 39 silver and 46 bronze medals.
- Maharashtra got second position by winning 125 medals including 45 gold, 40 silver and 40 bronze medals.
- Karnataka remained at third place with 22 gold,17 silver and 28 bronze medals.
- In the closing ceremony organised at Indradanush Auditorium in Panchkula, Chief Guest Haryana Governor Bandaru Dattatreya said that he is sure the Khelo India Youth games will produce international level players. He said that the players from different states did hard work and won the medals.
- Addressing the sportspersons on this occasion Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur congratulated the Chief Minister Manohar Lal and Haryana Sports Minister Sandeep Singh for organizing the fourth edition of Khelo India youth Games 2021 and providing all the facilities to the participating sportspersons.
- The fourth edition of the Khelo India Youth Games saw athletes from over 36 states and Union Territories compete in 25 different sports.
- Mascot : ‘Dhakad’.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs June 14
3. India’s WPI inflation surged to what percentage in May?
Answer: D) 15.88%
- Wholesale price-based inflation surged to a record high of 15.88 per cent in May as crude prices rose and heatwave brought about a spike in prices of vegetables and fruits, strengthening the possibility of a further interest rate hike by the Reserve Bank.
- The Wholesale Price Index (WPI)-based inflation maintained its increasing trajectory for the third month in a row, and remained in double digits for the 14th consecutive month since April last year.
- The high rate of inflation in May 2022 is primarily due to rise in prices of mineral oils, crude petroleum and natural gas, food articles, basic metals, non-food articles, chemicals and chemical products and food products etc. as compared to the corresponding month of the previous year.
- The Wholesale Price Index (WPI)-based inflation was 15.08 per cent in April and 13.11 per cent in May last year.
4. As per CEA report, India would become USD 5-trillion economy by which year?
Answer: B) 2026-27
- Chief Economic Adviser (CEA) V Anantha Nageswaran said India would become a USD 5 trillion economy by 2026-27 and USD 10 trillion by 2033-34.
- Addressing an event organised by UNDP India, Nageswaran said India is relatively better placed than other emerging economies. ”On the face of it, looks optimistic, even ambitious, but if we get to USD 5 trillion by 2026-27.
- We are now USD 3.3 trillion, it is not such a difficult target to reach.
- Then if you simply assume 10 per cent nominal GDP growth in dollar terms, then you get to USD 10 trillion by 2033-34 and another doubling with the same rate.
- In 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi envisioned to make India a USD 5 trillion economy and global powerhouse by 2024-25.
- The CEA said there is a need for climate tagging of the budget. India’s economy grew 8.7 per cent in the last fiscal (2021-22) against a 6.6 per cent contraction in the previous year.
- In its third monetary policy of 2022-23, the Reserve Bank retained its GDP growth forecast at 7.2 per cent for the current fiscal but cautioned against negative spillovers of geopolitical tensions and a slowdown in the global economy.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs June 14
5. Microsoft’s Internet Explorer to retire after how many years of service?
A) 26 years
B) 27 years
C) 25 years
D) 24 years
E) 30 years
Answer: B) 27 years
- Tech company Microsoft is pulling the plug on its oldest Internet Explorer after 27 years of service.
- Released in 1995, the search browser came as an add-on for Windows 95.
- The versions that came after this were available for free or as in-service packs.
- Known as the OG search browser, the Internet Explorer saw its major jump in 2003 before falling and becoming the least favourite after new browsers entered the market.
- However, since 2016, the company hasn’t released any new major upgrades or fresh versions of Internet Explorer.
- Internet Explorer 11, released in 2013, happens to be the last and final version released by Microsoft.
- The tech company announced the Internet Explorer’s retirement by saying that the future of the search engine on Windows 10 is in Microsoft Edge.
- Microsoft Edge comes with in-built Internet Explorer mode, so users can access those legacy IE-based websites and applications.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 14
6. Which orgnaization provided $150 million to Afghanistan for lifeline to stem rural hunger?
A) Asian Development Bank
B) European Union
C) World Bank
E) World Economic Forum
Answer: C) World Bank
- $150 million dollar lifeline for rural families in Afghanistan was announced by the World Bank, part of an overall package of $195 million, for critical livelihood and life-saving assistance, the UN agriculture agency FAO.
- Some 19.7 million people–almost half of Afghanistan’s population–are facing acute hunger, meaning that they are unable to feed themselves on a daily basis, according to the latest Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC) analysis released last month by the UN and aid partners, including FAO and the World Food Programme (WFP).
7. Which country has been celebrated the Mango festival?
Answer: A) Bahrain
- The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) had organized an eight-day long mango festival in Bahrain to boost the export of Mangoes.
- Commerce and Industry Ministry said, 34 varieties of mangoes from eastern states of West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Odisha, are being displayed at eight different locations of Bahrain’s Al Jazira group supermarket.
- All the varieties of mangoes have been directly procured from farmers and two Farmer Producer Organizations.
- The mango show will continue till the 20th of this month.
- The mango show in Bahrain is part of APEDA’s new initiatives to explore international markets for Indian mangoes under the Mango Festival 2022.
8. 12th WTO Ministerial Conference to be held in which place?
Answer: E) Geneva
- The 12th World Trade Organisation, WTO Ministerial Conference will begin in Geneva, Switzerland after a gap of almost five years.
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal will lead the Indian delegation in the Conference.
- The key areas of discussions and negotiations in this year’s conference include WTO’s response to the pandemic, Fisheries subsidies negotiations and Agriculture issues including Public Stockholding for Food security.
- India has a vital stake in protecting the interests of all stakeholders in the country and interests of the developing and poor nations that look up to the leadership of India at multilateral forums including WTO.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 14
9. PM inaugurates ‘Kranti Gatha’ a newly created Gallery of Indian Revolutionaries inside an underground British-era bunker at which place?
A) Chandrapur, Maharashtra
B) Nagpur, Maharashtra
C) Mumbai, Maharashtra
D) Pune, Maharashtra
E) Nashik, Maharashtra
Answer: C) Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that Mumbai’s Raj Bhavan has been a witness to the democratic incidence in past decades.
- It has also been a testimony to the resolutions which were taken as oaths for the well-being of the country
- The Prime Minister inaugurated the ‘Kranti Gatha’ a newly created Gallery of Indian Revolutionaries inside the underground British-era bunker at Raj Bhavan Mumbai and Jal Bhushan, the new residence and office of the Governor of Maharashtra.
- This place also saw the downfall of colonial rule and the hoisting of the tricolor with pride.
- The revolutionaries who have got a place in the gallery of revolutionaries will further strengthen the patriotic values.
- Maharashtra had inspired the country in various fields.
- Talking about social reform; from Sant Tukaram to Babasaheb Ambedkar there is a prosperous heritage of social reformers.
- Maharashtra had given innumerable freedom fighters that the ashes could have been immersed on the second day when the country got independence way back in 1947.
- However, it took 73 long years, adding that he was fortunate enough to bring his ashes back in 2003 from London and immersed at his birthplace in Gujarat.
10. Union Cabinet approved the development of new Dholera greenfield airport in which place?
D) Jammu Kashmir
Answer: C) Gujarat
- Union Cabinet approved the development of a new Dholera greenfield airport in Gujarat.
- The Airport is planned for operationalization from 2025-26.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur said, this airport will be connected through multi-model connectivity like railways and highways.
- Over one thousand 305 crore rupees will be spent on the first phase and it will be completed within 48 months.
- The initial passenger traffic is estimated at three lakh passengers per annum.
- The passenger traffic is expected to grow up to 23 lakh in 20 years.
11. Who has been lauched the AGNIPATH scheme for recruiting youth employees?
A) Rajnath Singh
B) Narendra Modi
C) Ram Nath Kovind
D) R.K. Singh
E) Amit Shah
Answer: A) Rajnath Singh
- The Centre cleared the AGNIPATH Scheme for recruitment of youth in the Armed Forces.
- Three Serivce Chiefs, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said, the youth selected under this scheme will be known as Agniveers.
- The Agniveers will be getting attractive monthly package with Risk and Hardship allowances as applicable in the three services.
- Agniveers will be also paid one-time Seva Nidhi package upon completion of engagement period of four years.
- The AGNIPATH Scheme cleared by Cabinet Committee on Security allows patriotic and motivated youth to serve in the Armed Forces for a period of four years.
- Over forty six thousand Agniveers to be recruited this year.
- This is a major defence policy reform introduced by the Government to usher in a new era in the Human Resource policy of the three services.
- Agniveers will get a salary of 30,000 rupees to 40,000 rupees per month and allowance as applicable.
- The Seva Nidhi will be exempt from Income Tax.
- There shall be no entitlement to gratuity and pensionary benefits.
- Agniveers will be provided non-contributory Life Insurance Cover of 48 lakh rupees for the duration of their engagement period in the Indian Armed Forces.
- Enrolment will be based on All India All Class basis and the eligible age will be in range from 17.5 to 21 years.
- For entry into General Duty soldier, the educational qualification is Class 10.
- The service period, they will get over 11 lakh rupees tax-free service fund package which will empower them financially.
- This will also build capabilities and skills in youth as well as strengthen the defense system of the country.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had directed to recruit ten lakh people in government jobs in a mission mode in the next 18 months.
12. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated“Jagatguru Sreesant Tukaram Maharaj Shila Mandir” at which place?
A) Chandrapur, Maharashtra
B) Nagpur, Maharashtra
C) Mumbai, Maharashtra
D) Pune, Maharashtra
E) Nashik, Maharashtra
Answer: D) Pune, Maharashtra
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Sant Tukaram became not only a ray of hope for the present society but for the future also.
- The Prime Minister said this while addressing devotees after inaugurating the Shila Mandir of Jagadguru Sant Tukaram Maharaj at Dehu village near Pune.
- Veer Savarkar sang abhangs (devotional poetry in praise of Lord Vitthal) of Sant Tukaram while in jail during India’s freedom struggle.
- Sant Tukaram was a Warkari saint and poet, famously known for Abhanga devotional poetry and community-oriented worship through spiritual songs known as Kirtans.
- He lived in Dehu.
- A Shila Mandir was built after his demise, but it was not formally structured as a Temple.
- It has been rebuilt in stone masonry with 36 peaks, and also carries an idol of Sant Tukaram.
- Earlier, the Prime Minister visited the statues of Vitthal-Rukmini in the main temple of Dehu.
- He also worshiped the symbolic pillar of Bhagwat Dharma built in front of the Shila Mandir.
13. Which state government recently launched online driving license facility?
D) Jammu Kashmir
Answer: C) Punjab
- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann launched the online driving license facility to facilitate people in the state to get their learner’s driving license in a smooth and hassle-free manner.
- This is a revolutionary decision which will save the time, money, and energy of the people desirous of getting learner’s driving license in the comfort of their homes round the clock, while launching the portal.
- According to an official statement, the Chief Minister said that the Punjab government has taken this ”path-breaking” initiative to facilitate masses and check corruption in the state.
- With the launch of this facility, people will now be able to get a learner’s driving license just with a single click of their computer, mobile phone, and other gadgets, adding that they can apply for licenses at ‘Suvidha’ center too.
- An applicant can apply for the learner’s driving license by uploading their Aadhaar card after which they can appear in the online test.
- The driving license was issued to 5.21 lakh applicants in in 2021-22.
- The online service will facilitate people in getting their licenses in a smooth and hassle-free manner without even going to the Regional Transport Authority offices.
14. ‘Lokarpana’ of Iskcon temple is located in which place?
Answer: A) Bengaluru
- President Ram Nath Kovind attended the ‘Lokarpana’ of ISKCON Sri Rajadhiraja Govinda Temple in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Karnataka Governor Thaawarchand Gehlot and Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai were among those who graced the occasion.
- According to ISKCON (International Society for Krishna Consciousness), Sri Rajadhiraja Govinda Temple on Vaikuntha hill on Kanakapura Road is a traditional, stone-carved structure and a replica of the famous Sri Venkateshwara temple in Tirumala in Andhra Pradesh.
- The dimensions, stone carvings and aesthetics are also similar, he deity of Lord Srinivasa is nearly the same height and has been named Sri Rajadhiraja Govinda, which means He is the king of kings.
15. Which state government to celebrate Raja festival ?
D) Jammu Kashmir
Answer: E) Odisha
- In Odisha, the Annual Raja Festival is being celebrated with traditional gaiety and fervour.
- The three days’ festival celebrated to mark the symbolic menstruation of Mother Earth.
- On the occasion, people from all walks of life and from villages to the cities, observe merry-making by wearing new dresses, enjoying swinging and singing and of course, relishing a wide variety of local delicacies.
- After a two years gap, this year people have got a chance to celebrate Raja, when the pandemic is fairly down.
- While people are agog with joy for the Raja celebration, devotees of Lord Jagannath are elated to have the blessings of the Trinity at the Snana Bedi inside the temple premises in the holy city of Puri.
- Named as Snana Yatra, the festive occasion marks one of the very important rituals of the Sri Jagannath Temple, just a few days before the famous Rath Yatra.
- On the occasion, the deities are taken out in a ceremonial procession to the Snana Mandap or the bathing altar where they are bathed in 108 pots of holy water.
- Even as the rituals are now being live telecast by almost all the local channels, devotees are lined up to have a soulful glimpse of their dearest deities.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Science and Technology