Daily Current Affairs June 10
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 10. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 10| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 10
1. Narwal, Singhraj are related to which sports?
Answer: C) Shooting
- Tokyo Paralympic gold medallist Manish Narwal settled for a silver medal in P4 Mixed 50m Pistol SH1 Team event at the World Para Shooting World Cup in Chateauroux, France.
- A day after winning the 10m Mixed Team gold medal, the 20-year-old Narwal, who took the P4 Mixed 50m Pistol SH1 gold with a Paralympic record in his debut Games, teamed up with Singhraj, also a Paralympic medallist, and Akash to aggregate a total of 1581 to finish behind China (1628).
- China’s Yang Chao took the gold with a total of 223.9, followed by compatriot Huang Xing (218.5) and Uzbekistan’s Ibragimov Server (200.7).
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 10
2. As per June 2022 report, which organisation had allowedthe life insurers to launch products without prior approval?
Answer: B) IRDAI
- Irdai had extended the ‘use and file’ procedure for the most of the life insurance products, thereby allowing insurers to launch new products without prior approval of the regulator. Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) extending similar relaxations to health insurance products as well as general insurance covers.
- According to Irdai, the relaxation will result in improving ease of doing business for insurers and also lead to expansion of the choices available to policyholders.
3. Which of the following is conducting the conference on ‘Entrepreneurship Liberty’ to celebrate AzadikaAmritMahotsav?
Answer: C) IBBI
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) had organized a one-day iconic event, at the Habitat Centre, New Delhi, to mark the glorious conclusion of the ongoing celebrations across 75 locations across the country, to trace the journey of reforms in the three stages of a business, informed the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- As per the ministry, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 offers a market directed, time-bound mechanism for resolution of insolvency, wherever possible, or exit, wherever required, and thereby ensures the ultimate freedom, the freedom to exit, facilitating ease of doing business.
4. As per report June 2022, Which of the following regulator had cancelled certificate of registration (CoR) of 4 NBFCs?
Answer: A) RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India said it has cancelled certificate of registration (CoR) of four NBFCs, including two housing finance companies.
- Housing finance companies whose registrations have been cancelled are: Aizawl-based North East Region Housing Finance Company Limited and Gurgaon-based Aryarth Housing Finance Limited.
- NBFCs which surrendered the CoR granted to them by the RBI are: Ernakulam-based Empower India Capital Investments Private Limited and Kolkata-based Mangalmayee Garments Private Limited (presently known as AbhijeetFerrotech Limited).
5. Which of the following payments bank partners exclusively with Go Digit for shop insurance policy?
A) Airtel Payment Bank
B) Fino Payment Bank
C) Paytm Payment Bank
D) NSDL Payment Bank
E) Jio Payment Bank
Answer: B) Fino Payment Bank
- Fino Payment Bank Limited has collaborated with Go Digit General Insurance Limited, one of India’s fastest growing general insurers, to provide small and medium business owners with a shop insurance coverage.
- Fino serves as a corporate representative for Go Digit.
- The partnership will allow small and medium businesses to take advantage of Digit’s My Business Policy in the case of a catastrophe.
- Bank’s robust client base and well-established merchant network include a considerable number of small and medium businesses. Customers of Fino Bank will be able to join in Go Digit’s coverage for Rs 550 per year (for a sum insured of Rs 3 lakh), which will rise to Rs 2,600 per year (for a sum insured of Rs 15 lakh).
6. Which fintech startup company launched UPI services targeted at rural india
Answer: D) XPay.Life
- Fintech startup XPay.Life, which claims to be India’s first blockchain-enabled transaction framework, launched its UPI services targeted at rural India, as it completes three years of operations.
- The launch of its UPI services is expected to benefit XPay.Life’s 4 million consumers across more than 15 states and 1 lakh villages.
- Currently, the company has about 100 active mobile vans that facilitate digital banking and aims to increase it to 200 in the near future.
- XPay.Life said it is working closely with the regional rural banks and district co-operative banks to help them bank better and enable true financial inclusion of the rural populace with security and no disruption.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 10
7. Who has been appointed as the head of IMF’s Asia-Pacific department?
A) Pradeep Agarwal
C) Manoj Jain
D) Krishna Srinivasan
Answer: D) Krishna Srinivasan
- International Monetary Fund Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva on June 8 announced the appointment of Indian national Krishna Srinivasan as director of the Asia and Pacific Department (APD) from June 22.
- According to an IMF announcement, Mr. Srinivasan will succeed Changyong Rhee whose retirement from the Fund was announced on March 23.
- Mr. Srinivasan has more than 27 years of Fund experience, starting in 1994 in the Economist Program.
- He is currently a Deputy Director in APD where he oversees the department’s surveillance work on a number of large and systemically important countries such as China and Korea, and smaller states in the Pacific such as Fiji and Vanuatu.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 10
8. Which Asian country had decriminalizedto cannabis?
Answer: A) Thailand
- Thailand decriminalized cannabis, becoming the first Asian country to remove the ban on the drug.
- However, Thai Health Minister AnutinCharnvirakul confirmed that tough penalties will still apply to those who use the drug to get high and warned against smoking joints, reported CNN.
- Harsh penalties remain in place under the Public Health Act, including up to three months in jail and a USD 800 fine for smoking cannabis in public.
- The relaxation of Thailand’s cannabis laws follows the country’s landmark decision in 2018 to allow the use of medical marijuana.
- Since then, the laws around cannabis have been further loosened, with the removal of cannabis buds and flowers from the country’s list of banned narcotics.
9. Which two Asian countries to share the bus service after two years?
- The cross-border bus service between Bangladesh and India resumed, two years after its suspension due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “Resumption of India-Bangladesh Cross-Border Bus Services! Bus services b/w India-Bangladesh via ICP Agartala-Akhaura& ICP Haridaspur-Benapole resumed with the Dhaka-Kolkata-Dhaka bus being flagged off from Dhaka a major step forward in enhancing affordable, people-centric connectivity”.
- Two trains travel between India and Bangladesh,Bandhan Express operates between Kolkata and Khulna, Bangladesh while Maitree Express connects Kolkata with Dhaka.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 10
10. Centre of Excellence in Cyber-verse has been inaugurated in which place?
A) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Karnataka
- The Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Cyber-verse, located at Mysuru was inaugurated at VikasaSoudha, in Bengaluru.
- Cyber-verse is a not-for-profit organization set up by Bherunda Foundation, Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ISAC), and Mysore Royal Academy (MYRA) school of business.
- Karnataka Digital Economy Mission is supporting this initiative to promote the Mysuru cluster as a cyber security hub.
- The Cyber-verse will provide capacity building, training, simulation, and R&D in the cyber security domain to create a talent pool of experts and to carve out Karnataka as the country’s epicentre for this innovation and research.
11. Which state government has been launched logo, mascot of 44th Chess Olympiad?
A) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin had launched the official logo and mascot of the 44th Chess Olympiad, slated near here next month, and said hosting the sporting event is an ”absolute honour” for this capital city.
- The Chess olympiadis scheduled at Mamallapuram from July 28 to August 10.
- In the run-up to the prestigious event, Stalin released the official logo and mascot ‘Thambi’ (younger brother in Tamil).
- The mascot ‘Thambi’ is a knight dressed in the traditional Tamil attire Veshti(Dhoti) with a shirt and is seen with folded hands, apparently extending the Tamil greeting ‘Vanakkam’. The words ”Chess Believe” are seen on its shirt.
12. Odisha government inaugurated the state’s first houseboat on which lake?
A) Kanjia Lake
B) Anshupa Lake
C) Tampara Lake
D) Pata Lake
E) Chilika Lake
Answer: E) Chilika Lake
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had inaugurated the state’s first houseboat on Chilika Lake.
- The houseboat, christened ‘Garuda’, has been indigenously designed, developed and manufactured at an investment of more than Rs 3 crore.
13. Assam government has been celebrated on which festival for good harvest and rain?
Answer: D) Baikho
- The Baikho festival is celebrated in the state of Assam, which is called as gateway to northeast India.
- It is celebrated by Rabha tribes of India.
- The Baikho festival is celebrated annually.
- It is celebrated to bring in auspicious harvest season and to fill it with abundant crops and good health.
- This is a celebration of good harvest. It is an ancient tradition.
- It is predominantly observed by Rabha Tribe. However, people from other communities also harmonise in the celebrations.
14. Which state government became the first Indian state to approve a policy for drones?
A) Andhra Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh became the first Indian state to approve a policy for drones.
- The ‘Himachal Pradesh Drone Policy 2022’ was approved by the chief minister Jai Ram Thakur, “The policy envisions creating a holistic drone ecosystem built upon the foundation of Governance and Reforms Using Drones (GARUD).”
- With this new drone policy, Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in the country to formally acknowledge the public use of drones.
- Himachal’s drone policy mainly focuses on creating drone-enabled technology, creation of manpower through the establishment of training schools, startup and innovation schemes, and more.
- The policy aims to propagate the use of drone-enabled technology in different sectors such as Defence, transport, health, agriculture and more.
- As a part of MoUs, Skye Air and TechEagle have already completed trials in the Chamba and Kullu districts of Himachal Pradesh connecting multiple Community and Home Health Care (CHC) and hospitals in the area.
- The Union Budget 2022, aims to boost the Indian drone industry as the budget includes ₹120 crore PLI scheme for the drone industry, intended to boost domestic manufacturing and ban of imported drones.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance