Daily Current Affairs June 09
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 09. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 09| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 09
1. Which sport person named captain of Indian women cricket team for upcoming white-ball tour of Sri Lanka?
C) Harmanpreet Kaur
D) Mithali Raj
E) None of above
Answer: C) Harmanpreet Kaur
- Harmanpreet Kaur named captain of Indian women cricket team for upcoming white-ball tour of Sri Lanka and JhulanGoswami dropped.
- India will play three T20Is and as many ODIs in Dambulla and Kandy respectively. Harmanpreet Kaur is named India’s captain after MithaliRaj’s retirement.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs June 09
2. Which company becomes India’s newest unicorn?
Answer: A) Nykaa
- Nykaa online cosmetics retailer Purplle raised capital at a $1.1 billion valuation, becoming the second billion-dollar company to be created in India this week despite souring investor sentiment on startups.
- Nykaa is currently valued at $8.7 billion.
- India now has over 100 unicorns.
- This week, edtech startup Physicswallah raised $100 million from backers including WestBridge Capital and GSV Ventures at a $1.1 billion valuation.
- Unicorn means = 1 billion
- Decacorn means = 10 billion
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 09
3. Which bank partners with ZestMoney to expand ‘Cardless EMI’ facility?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) ICICI Bank
D) SBI Bank
E) PNB Bank
Answer: C) ICICI Bank
- ICICI Bank partners with ZestMoney to expand ‘Cardless EMI’ facility. The bank’s customers can use pre-approved cardless credit to instantly buy products/ services using ZestMoney and pay in equated monthly installments (EMIs).
- Customers can convert transactions up to ₹10 lakh into EMIs by entering their registered mobile number, PAN and OTP (received on registered mobile number) at the check-out of the e-commerce website/app or at the PoS machine in retail outlets, without using cards.
- They will also be able to use ZestMoney’s flagship ‘Pay-in-3’ offering, where they can split the bill into three EMIs without extra cost.
4. Which online platform ties up with Spices Board to offer national market access to farmer communities?
Answer: E) Flipkart
- Flipkart platform ties up with Spices Board to offer national market access to farmer communities.
- The partnership, through a Terms of Understanding (ToU), will help sustain the passion for Indian spices and farmers and bring online a variety of spices.
- Such as black pepper, Kashmiri saffron, honey, cinnamon, cardamom and Lakadong turmeric, to name a few.
5. Mobisafar Services Pvt Ltd Partners with which small finance bank ltd?
A) Suryoday small finance bank
B) Fincare small finance bank
C) AU small finance bank
D) Ujjivan small finance bank
E) Equitas small finance bank
Answer: A) Suryoday small finance bank
- Suryoday Small Finance Bank, one of India’s leading small finance bank, had announced its partnership with Mobisafar to provide banking services through all Mobisafar’s franchisees and Business Correspondent network across India.
- Suryoday Small finance has been actively educating and promoting the benefits of social security schemes like PMSBY, PMJJBY & APY.
- Mobisafar would further enable more underbanked customers to take benefit of these schemes through the partnership.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs June 09
6. Which industrial company MoU with Atal Incubation Centre to innovate in molecular biology?
C) Tech Mahindra
Answer: C) Tech Mahindra
- Tech Mahindra had signed a Memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Hyderabad-based Atal Incubation Centre–Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (AIC-CCMB), a premier incubator focused on promoting entrepreneurship in life sciences, health, pharmaceuticals, and biotechnology, to spearhead innovation in molecular biology & genomics.
- The two-year partnership will strengthen Tech Mahindra and AIC-CCMB’s capabilities in Molecular Biology and Genomics-led drug offerings.
- The organisations will use new-age technologies in core life-sciences research to enable innovation.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 09
7. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of the RCPSDC?
A) Pradeep Agarwal
C) Manoj Jain
D) Vinod Patkotwar
Answer: D) Vinod Patkotwar
- Vinod Patkotwar, Managing Partner at Crown Rubber Products, had appointed as the Chairman of Rubber, Chemical and Petrochemical Skill Development Council (RCPSDC).
- He has served as chairman of the all India rubber industries association (AIRIA) Western Region.
8. Which music maestro person has been appointed as the ambassador of Indo-UK culture platform?
B) AR Rahman
C) Hans Zimmer
D) Billie Eilish
E) Taylor Swift
Answer: B) AR Rahman
- Music great AR Rahman had appointed as the ambassador of the British Council’s ‘India-UK Together Season of Culture’, which aims to boost collaboration among emerging artists.
- The ‘Season of Culture’ that marks the 75th anniversary of India’s independence launched by Director (India) of British Council Barbara Wickham.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs June 09
9. How much amount Rajnath Singhhad approvedto enhancement of funding support for development of indigenous equipment?
A) 25 crore
B) 50 crore
C) 30 crore
D) 10 crore
E) 20 crore
Answer: B) 50 crore
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh had approved enhancement of funding under a DRDO scheme supporting indigenous development of defence equipment to Rs 50 crore per project from existing Rs 10 crore.
- In the Union Budget for 2022-23, the government had set aside 25 per cent of the defence R&D budget for private industry, start-ups and academia.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 09
10. Rajnath Singh handed over 12 high-speed guard boat to which country?
Answer: C) Vietnam
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh handed over to Vietnam 12 high-speed guard boats built under a USD 100 million Line of Credit granted to the Southeast Asian country by India.
- The boats were given by Singh at a ceremony in the Hong Ha shipyard amid increasing maritime security cooperation between the two sides to deal with Beijing’s increasing military assertiveness in the South China Sea region.
- The initial five boats were manufactured at the L&T Shipyard in India and the remaining seven were built in the Hong Ha shipyard.
11. Which cross-border investment and business advisory firm to organisethe first India-United Kingdom Business and Investment Summit in Mumbai?
A) Godrej Properties Ltd.
B) L&T Realty Ltd.
C) Indiabulls Real Estate Ltd.
D) GlobeInvest Ventures
E) Oberoi Realty Ltd.
Answer:D) GlobeInvest Ventures
- GlobeInvest Ventures organises its first India-United Kingdom Business and Investment Summit in Mumbai.
- Highlights investment opportunities in private equity, real estate, fin-tech, healthcare, start-ups, electric mobility, etc. Held at the Jio World Convention Centre, BandraKurla Complex in association with Global Asset Portfolio (GAP), the exclusive invite-only summit was attended by prominent investors, private equity funds, real estate developers, and start-up promoters from India, UK, and around the world both in-person and online.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 09
12. Which Union Minister inaugurated the Green Urja Conclave at IIT Delhi on the World Environment Day?
A) Narendra Singh Tomar
B) Bhupender Yadav
C) Rameshwar Gupta
D) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
Answer: D) Ashwini Kumar Choubey
- Union Minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey inaugurated the Green Urja Conclave on India’s Global Journey towards Carbon Neutrality and the Government Policy to reduce carbon footprints and Global Warming and Indian Strong Commitment to be Carbon NetZero by 2070.
- World Environment day celebrated on 5 June 2022 and theme of “Only one Earth”.
13. Which state government inaugurated the commencement of work to lay the OFC for BharatNet project?
A) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin inaugurated the commencement of work to lay the Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) of the BharatNet project at an estimated cost of Rs 1,627.83 crore in the state.
- The project, approved by the Central government, aims to provide a minimum scalable bandwidth of 1 Gbps to all the 12,525 village panchayats in the state.
- It would provide to the public digital services at low, e-education, telemedicine, and triple-play services.
- The implementation of the BharatNet project through the Tamil Nadu FibreNet Corporation Ltd (TANFINET) has been divided into four packages – A, B, C, and D and one system integrator for each package and Third Party Agency (TPA) have been selected.
14. What is the purpose of Gujarat government to launch the e-FIR facility app?
A) Blind People
B) Elder People
C) Customer complains
D) Report Theft
E) Emergency facility
Answer: D) Report Theft
- The Gujarat government had announced that people can now register an “e-FIR” using the state home department’s website or mobile application to report theft of their vehicles or mobile phones.
- Instead of visiting a police station, people can now register an e-FIR from their home through the citizen portal “gujhome.gujarat.gov.in” or through “Citizen First Gujarat Police” mobile app, an official said.
- The facility is only available for cases, in which the accused are unidentified and there was no use of force.
15. Which state government to provide an accidental insurance cover of Rs 15 lakh for government employees?
A) Andhra Pradesh
D) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: D) Jammu and Kashmir
- Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha rolled out an accidental insurance cover of Rs 15 lakh for government employees in the union territory. Sinha also launched the bank’s ‘Phone Pe Loan’ facility for government employees.
- The lieutenant governor directed the bank to enhance the insurance amount from Rs 15 lakh to Rs 25 lakh from the next financial year.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy