Daily Current Affairs June 08
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 08. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 08| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 08
1. World Brain Tumor Day was first observed on?
Answer: D) 2000
- World Brain Tumor Day is observed every year on June 8 as a day dedicated to creating awareness about brain tumours.
- World Brain Tumor Day was first observed on June 8, 2000, by the German Brain Tumor Association (Deutsche Hirntumorhilfee.V.), a non-profit organisation for serving and offering support to brain tumour patients.
- “Together We Are Stronger.”
2. World Oceans Day is observed on?
A) June 06
B) June 08
C) June 05
D) June 09
E) June 07
Answer: B) June 08
- World Oceans Day is celebrated on 8 June to shed light on the importance of oceans.
- The Oceans Institute of Canada brought the idea of celebrating global ocean day at the Earth Summit of the UN Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) in 1992.
- After 16 years, the UN General Assembly passed a resolution in 2008 to designate 8 June as World Oceans Day.
- “Revitalization: Collective Action for the Ocean.”
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 08
3. Doyen of women’s cricket, Mithali Raj retired from international cricket,she debuted in which year?
Answer: A) 1999
- Mithali Raj, one of the greatest female cricketers to have played the game, announced retirement from all forms of international cricket, having made a significant contribution to popularising the women’s game during a storied 23-year-long career.
4. UnnatiHooda clinched gold in Badminton at Khelo India Youth Games,he belongs to which state?
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Haryana
- Haryana Badminton player UnnatiHooda clinched gold medal in the women’s badminton event at Khelo India Youth Games here at Panchkula, Haryana.
- He defeated Tasnim.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 08
5. RBI monetary policy highlights,repo rate increased by how many basis point?
Answer: E) 50
- Key lending rate (repo) raised by 50 basis points to 4.9 per cent; 2nd increase in 5 weeks.
- Repo rate still remains below pre-pandemic level.
- Inflation projection for current fiscal raised to 6.7 pc from 5.7 pc.
- Edible oil prices remain under pressure on adverse global supply conditions, notwithstanding some recent correction.
- Tense global situation imparts considerable uncertainty to domestic inflation outlook.
- GDP growth forecast retained at 7.2 pc for current financial year.
- Economic activity gathering strength; normal monsoon to boost rural consumption.
- Credit cards to be linked with UPI; RuPay credit cards to be linked first.
- Lending limits for housing loans by co-op banks doubled.
- Rural co-op banks permitted to lend to commercial Real Estate – Residential Housing (CRE-RH) sector.
- Urban Co-op banks allowed to offer door-step banking.
- e-mandates on cards for recurring payments enhanced to Rs.15,000 from Rs.5,000.
6. Bank credit grows by how many percent?
Answer: B) 11.04%
- Bank credit grew by 11.04 per cent to Rs 120.27 lakhcrore and deposits by 9.27 per cent to Rs 165.74 lakh crore in the fortnight ended May 20.
- In the fortnight ended May 21, 2021, bank advances stood at Rs 108.31 lakh crore and deposits at Rs 151.67 lakh crore, according to the ‘Scheduled Banks’ Statement of Position in India as on May 20, 2022′.
- In the previous fortnight ended May 6, bank credit grew by 10.82 per cent and deposits at 9.71 per cent.
- In FY 2021-22, bank credit rose by 8.59 per cent and deposit by 8.94 per cent.
7. Bank of Maharashtra holds loan outreach prog; sanctionedhow many crore loans in Delhi?
Answer: D) 75
- State-owned Bank of Maharashtra has organised a customer connect and outreach programme under which it has sanctioned loans worth Rs 75 crore in Delhi.
- The progamme was organised during the Iconic Week celebrations of the Finance Ministry as part of the ‘AzadiKaAmritMahotsav’, to mark the 75th anniversary of Independence.
- The sanction letters were handed over to more than 40 beneficiaries at the event by Minister of State for Finance Bhagwat Karad.
- During the customer outreach programmesorganised at various branches across Delhi zone, more than 135 loan proposals worth Rs 275 crore were mobilised.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs June 08
8. RBI retained FY23 GDP forecast at how many percent?
A) 7.5 %
B) 7.4 %
C) 7.2 %
D) 7.6 %
E) 7.3 %
Answer: C) 7.2 %
- The Reserve Bank retained its GDP growth forecast at 7.2 for the current fiscal but cautioned against negative spillovers of geopolitical tensions and a slowdown in the global economy.
- The real GDP growth for 2022-23 is retained at 7.2 percent, with Q1 at 16.2 percent; Q2 at 6.2 percent; Q3 at 4.1 percent; and Q4 at 4.0 percent, with risks broadly balanced.
- The central bank earlier in April slashed the GDP growth projection for 2022-23 to 7.2 percent from its earlier forecast of 7.8 percent.
9. World Bank slashed India’s FY23 growth forecast to how many percent?
A) 7.5 %
B) 7.4 %
C) 7.2 %
D) 7.6 %
E) 7.3 %
Answer: A) 7.5 %
- The World Bank slashed its India economic growth forecast for FY23 from the earlier estimate of 8% in April to 7.5% because of surging inflation, supply chain disruptions, and sustained geopolitical tensions.
- In January, India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth would be at 8.7% for the current financial year.
10. Who among the following allowed users to transfer cryptocurrencies to other wallets?
Answer: E) PayPal
- PayPal Holdings Inc will allow users to transfer certain cryptocurrencies to other customers, exchanges and external wallets. The feature comes nearly two years after the fintech giant opened up its platform to digital currencies.
- The feature will be available to select US users starting on Tuesday and will be rolled out to all eligible US customers in the coming months, the San Jose.
- PayPal started allowing customers to buy, sell and hold bitcoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash and litecoin in October 2020. But users were not allowed to move crypto holdings off its platform earlier.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 08
11. International Aluminium Institute appointed Satish Pai as new Chairman,it is located in which country?
Answer: D) UK
- International Aluminium Institute (IAI) announced the appointment of Satish Paias its new Chairman.
- Pai is the Managing Director at Hindalco Industries.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 08
12. India aimed to have how manyRamsar sites on 75th anniversary of Independence?
Answer: B) 75
- India is set to urge the Convention on Wetlands to fast-track designation of 26 wetlands in the country as Ramsar sites in addition to the existing 49 sites.
- If the Convention on Wetlands agrees to the proposal, India could have a total of 75 Ramsarsites in the 75th year of Independence.
- The 26 wetlands proposed to be designated as Ramsar sites comprise 13 from Tamil Nadu, four from Odisha, three from Madhya Pradesh, two from Jammu & Kashmir and one each from Maharashtra, Mizoram, Karnataka and Goa.
- The sites in Tamil Nadu include bird sanctuaries in Chitrangudi, Koonthankulam, Vaduvur, Vellode, Kanjirakulam, Vedanthangal and Karikili, the wetland complexes in SuchindramTheroor and Vembannur, Pichavaram Mangrove, Pallikaranai Marsh and the Gulf of Mannar Marine Biosphere Reserve.
- The Satkosia Gorge, Tampara Lake, Hirakud Reservoir and Ansupa lake in Odisha; Sirpur wetland, SakhyaSagar and YashwantSagar in Madhya Pradesh; the wetland conservation reserves in Hygam and Shallbugh in J&K; Thane creek in Maharashtra; Nanda lake in Goa; Pala wetland in Mizoram; and Ranganathituu Bird Sanctuary in Karnataka are set to get a push for designation as Ramsar sites.
13. Nitin Gadkari announced New Guinness World Record created by NHAI what is the length of the road?
A) 50 km
B) 120 km
C) 75 km
D) 150 km
E) 100 km
Answer: C) 75 km
- The record has been made for laying 75 km of bituminous concrete in a single lane on NH 53 between Amrawati to Akola Districts in 105 hours and 33 minutes.
- The total length of the 75 km of single lane continuous bituminous concrete road is equivalent to 37.5 km of two-lane paved shoulder road and the work started on 3rd June 2022 at 7:27 am and completed on 7th June 2022 at 5 pm.
- The bituminous mix of 36,634 MT consisting of 2,070 MT of bitumen was used.
- The project was implemented by 720 workers including a team of independent consultants worked day and night to complete this task.
- Before this, the Guinness World Record for the longest continuously laid bituminous was for building 25.275 km that was achieved in Doha, Qatar in Feb 2019. The task took 10 days to complete.
14. Who among the following launched NETRA Portal and Mobile Application?
A) Finance Minister
B) Agriculture Minister
C) Home Minister
D) Education Minister
E) Defence Minister
Answer: A) Finance Minister
- Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman launched the Iconic Day celebrations of the Department of Economic Affairs with Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) under the AzadiKaAmritMahotsav (AKAM).
- In this context she cited a study on Pradhan MantriGaribKalyanYojana(PMGKY) which brought out that the probability of people cutting down consumption utilities has come down by 75% across the country.
- The study has also shown that the PMGKY reduced the probability of borrowing money by 67% of all respondents.
- Citing another study on the Emergency Credit Liquidity Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS), the Finance Minister stated that as of March 2022 loans sanctioned under this scheme have crossed Rs 3.19 lakh crore and the scope of ECLGS has now been extended till 2023.
- The study says that this handholding has kept many people afloat during the Pandemic.
- The third study highlighted by the Finance Minister was on the Ayushman Bharat scheme wherein the implementation of this scheme has been associated with a 21% decline in out of pocket health expenditure and 8% reduction in the tendency to borrow for emergency health purposes.
15. India set to reintroduce South African cheetah in a wildlife sanctuary in which of the following district?
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Madhya Pradesh
- India is all set to introduce cheetahs from South Africa in a wildlife sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh by August as part of attempts to rehabilitate the species that had become extinct from the country.
- A top environment ministry official said a special 10 sq km enclosure for cheetahs has been readied at the Kuno-Palpur National Park in Madhya Pradesh and would soon be home to at least six cheetahs that would be brought here from South Africa.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy