Daily Current Affairs June 05
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 05. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 05| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 05
1. World Environment Day is observed on which date?
A) June 3
B) June 5
C) June 4
D) June 2
E) June 1
Answer: B) June 5
- The World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5 of each year with the aim to mark the importance of nature and raise awareness for its protection.
- World Environment Day programme is United Nations’ principal platform to raise awareness on issues that are threats to the environment.
- Each year, the program is organised around a specific theme to mark the importance of the day.
- World Environment Day (June 5) was established in 1972 by the United Nations (UN) at the Stockholm Conference on the Human Environment followed by the first celebration to mark the day in 1974 in the US with the theme – only one Earth.
- Each year, world environment day is celebrated with a specific theme that depicts the motto of the celebration.
- This year World Environment Day is celebrated with the “Only One Earth” theme which was also the first-ever theme and the programme is hosted by Sweden.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 05
2. IgaSwiatek clinched her second French Open title in Women’s singles. She is related to which country?
Answer: E) Poland
- World No. 1 Iga Swiatek clinched her second French Open title on Saturday after she registered a dominating straight-sets victory over No.18 seed Coco Gauff in the women’s singles final of Roland Garros 2022 here at the Philippe Chatrier court in Paris.
- The flawless Swiatek needed one hour and eight minutes to dismantle Gauff 6-1, 6-3.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs June 05
3. Which organization wins Business Excellence award for cargo handling at Cochin Port?
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited has received the “Excellence in Business Performance in cargo/ship handling at Cochin Port” award for 2021-22.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 05
4. Which country test-fires 8 Short-Range Ballistic Missiles?
Answer: B)North Korea
- Pyongyang test-fired a total of eight short-range ballistic missiles on Sunday, the South Korean Yonhap news agency reports citing the South Korean military.
- Earlier on Sunday, Yonhap reported citing an informed South Korean source that North Korea appeared to have fired multiple ballistic missiles from at least two locations toward the Sea of Japan.
- Meanwhile, the South Korean military announced that North Korea had launched one unidentified ballistic missile.
- In a later update, Yonhap said citing the South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) that Pyongyang test-fired eight short-range ballistic missiles from at least two locations.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 05
5. Who launches national strategy for sustainable tourism, responsible traveller campaign?
B) Education Minister
E)Women & Child Development Minister
Answer: C)Tourism Minister
- Ministry of Tourism, in partnership with the United Environment Program (UNEP) and Responsible Tourism Society of India (RTSOI) organized a national summit on developing sustainable and responsible tourist destinations on Saturday in New Delhi.
- On this occasion, the Ministry of Tourism launched the national strategy for sustainable tourism and the responsible traveller campaign, the Ministry of Tourism red in a statement.
- The strategy document has identified the strategic pillars for the development of sustainable tourism like promoting environmental sustainability, protecting biodiversity, promoting economic sustainability, promoting socio-cultural sustainability, scheme for certification of sustainable tourism, IEC, and capacity building and governance.
- Speaking on the occasion SecretaryTourism Arvind Singh said that tourism and the environment share a special relationship.
6. Who will launch a global initiative ‘Lifestyle for the Environment (LiFE) Movement’?
D) Nitin Gadkari
Answer: E)Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch a global initiative ‘Lifestyle for the Environment (LiFE) Movement’ on Sunday at 6 pm via video conferencing.
- As per the PMO, the launch will initiate the “LiFE Global Call for Papers” inviting ideas and suggestions from academics, universities and research institutions etc to influence and persuade individuals, communities and organisations across the world to adopt an environment-conscious lifestyle.
- The Prime Minister will also deliver a keynote address during the programme.
- The programme will also witness the participation of Bill Gates, Co-Chairman of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; Lord Nicholas Stern, Climate Economist; Professor Cass Sunstein, author of Nudge Theory; AniruddhaDasgupta, CEO and President of the World Resources Institute; Inger Andersen, UNEP Global Head; Achim Steiner, UNDP Global Head and David Malpass, World Bank President, among others.
- The idea of LiFE was introduced by the Prime Minister during the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow last year.
- The idea promotes an environmentally conscious lifestyle that focuses on ‘mindful and deliberate utilisation’ instead of ‘mindless and destructive consumption’.
- Recently at the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Davos Agenda 2022, PM Modi introduced the “P3 (Pro-Planet People) movement” that underlines India’s climate change commitments.
- He pointed towards the challenges that our lifestyle causes for the climate.
- India also updated its Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) that have to be met by 2030.
- Its new pledge included increasing the country’s installed renewable capacity to 500 GW, meeting 50 per cent of its energy requirements from non-fossil fuel sources.
- At the COP 21 in Paris, India made similar ambitious announcements and aimed to reduce the economy-wide emissions intensity by 33-35 per cent from 2005 levels by 2030.
- In August, the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy announced that the country has installed 100 GW of renewable energy capacity.
- While this is a milestone, India is on track to accomplishing only about two-thirds of its planned renewable target of 175 GW installation by 2022.
PM Modi to address ‘Save Soil Movement’ on 5 June, World Environment Day:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to address a programme on the ‘Save Soil Movement’ on 5 June in Delhi.
- The programme is being held to commemorate the World Environment Day.
The event will be held at VigyanBhawan .
- The ‘Save Soil Movement’ was initiated to increase awareness about deteriorating soil health and bring about a conscious response to improve it.
- He will also address the gathering during the programme of the global movement started by Jagadish “Jaggi” Vasudev, popularly known as Sadhguru.
- Sadhguru embarked on a 100-day in motorcycle journey March 2022, starting from London’s Parliament Square.
7. Who will visit Vietnam from June 8-10?
D) Nitin Gadkari
Answer: B)Rajnath Singh
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh will embark on a three-day visit to Vietnam from Wednesday to further consolidate the bilateral comprehensive strategic partnership.
- The defense ministry said that Singh will hand over 12 high-speed guard boats to Vietnam during the visit.
- The boats were constructed under India’s USD 100 million (one million=Rs 10 lakhs) defense line of credit to Vietnam.
- ”This project is significant in the context of the growing defense industry cooperation with Vietnam and exemplifies Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ and ‘Make in India, ‘Make for the World’,” the ministry said.
- During the visit, Singh will hold wide-ranging talks with his Vietnamese counterpart General Phan Van Giang.
- He is also scheduled to call on President of Vietnam Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh.
MoSMuraleedharan to visit Zimbabwe, Malawi:
- Minister of State for External Affairs, V. Muraleedharan will pay an official visit to African nations — Zimbabwe and Malawi — from June 6 to 9.
- The MoS will visit Zimbabwe from June 6-7 and to Malawi from June 8-9. During the visit to Zimbabwe, MoS Muraleedharan will call on Emmerson D. Mnangagwa, President of Zimbabwe.
- The Minister will also meet other senior leaders of the country.
- The MoS will also hold discussions with Dr. Frederick Shava, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of Zimbabwe on various matters to enhance mutual cooperation.
- During his visit to Malawi, the MoS will call on Dr. Lazarus McCarthy Chakwera, President of Malawi, and will meet other senior leaders of the country.
- He will also hold talks with Nancy Tembo, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Malawi on matters of mutual interest and cooperation.
- The Minister will also meet a wide cross-section of the Indian community in both the countries and participate in events marking “AzadikaAmritMahotsav” celebrations during the visit.
- Muraleedharan will also review the progress of the development assistance projects under the Government of India Lines of Credit (LoCs) and Grants in both countries.
8. India has achieved the target of supplying 10 per cent ethanol-blended petrol five months ahead of schedule and is aiming to double the blend by _____?
Answer: C) 2025-26
- India has achieved the target of supplying 10 per cent ethanol-blended petrol five months ahead of schedule and is aiming to double the blend by 2025-26 in order to cut oil import dependence and address environmental issues.
- The original target for doping 10 per cent ethanol, extracted from sugarcane and other agri commodities, in petrol originally was November 2022 but this has been achieved in June thanks to tremendous effort by state-owned fuel retailers Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL).
9. Which state government announced to impose a ban on single-use plastic from July?
D) Himachal Pradesh
E) C & D
Answer: E) C & D
- Punjab and Himachal Pradesh governments on Sunday announced to impose a ban on single-use plastic from July.
- During a virtual state-level function to mark World Environment Day 2022, Secretary, Science, Technology and Environment Rahul Tewari announced the decision of the Punjab government for environment protection.
- He said the ban on single-use plastic will be imposed from July to make Punjab greener and healthier.
10. The Centre has decided to extend the deadline for implementation of the quality control order on footwear by _____?
A) July 1, 2022
B) July 1, 2023
C) July 1, 2024
D) July 1, 2025
E) July 1, 2026
Answer: B) July 1, 2023
- The Centre has decided to extend the deadline for implementation of the quality control order on footwear by a year to July 1, 2023 in response to representations made by the domestic footwear industry.
- The order once implemented will make it compulsory for manufacturers, importers and traders of footwear to obtain Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) licenses.
Over All Review