Daily Current Affairs June 03
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 03. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 03| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 03
1. World Bicycle Day is celebrated every year on which date?
A) June 3
B) June 5
C) June 4
D) June 2
E) June 1
Answer: A) June 3
- World Bicycle Day is celebrated every year on June 3.
- The day aims to develop a culture of cycling for basic transportation, commutation, and strengthening physical and mental health.
- World Bicycle Day draws attention to recognise the longevity, uniqueness, and versatility of the bicycle, and that it is an affordable, reliable, simple, clean and environmentally fit sustainable means of transport.
- The first bicycle day was celebrated on June 3, 2018.
- Professor LeszekSibilski, a Polish social scientist working in the United States, led a grassroots campaign with his sociology class to promote a UN Resolution for World Bicycle Day.
- The original UN Blue and White #June3WorldBicycleDay logo was designed by Isaac Feld and the accompanying animation was done by Professor John E. Swanson.
2. International Sex Workers’ Day 2022
- International Sex Workers’ Day is observed on 2 June every year across the world.
- This day is celebrated to highlight the rampant exploitation of sex workers and the terrible conditions they live in.
- It aims to raise awareness about the abuse and victimisation of sex workers
- It was on 2 June 1975 that approximately 100 sex workers gathered at Saint-Nizier Church in Lyon, France, expressing their frustration and fury over their criminalised and exploitative living conditions.
- They also hung a banner from the steeple, which read ‘Our children don’t want their mothers to go to jail,’ and also launched a media campaign to voice their grievances.
- This event made news on TV channels and newspapers, and soon, strikes were launched all over France by sex workers, creating a legacy of activism.
- Sex workers at Saint-Nizier Church demanded an end to police harassment, reopening of hotels for their work, and proper investigation into sex worker murders.
- French sex workers participated in the event and the strike was eight days long.
- This event was a spark that ignited their rights movement in Europe.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs June 03
3. Pandit Bhajan Sopori passes away. He was related to which field?
Answer: B) Maestro
- Santoor maestro BhajanSopori, often referred to as the ‘saint of santoor’ and ‘king of strings’ for his mastery over the instrument, died at a Gurugram hospital following a battle with cancer.
- He was 73.
- Sopori received multiple awards through his career, including the Padma Shri in 2004, the SangeetNatakAkademi Award in 1992 and the Jammu and Kashmir State Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The musician-composer belonged to north Kashmir’s Sopore district and came from the ‘SufianaGharana’.
- In 2011, Sopori was honoured with a ₹ 5 stamp, a special tribute by the Indian Postal Department for his extraordinary work in the field of art and culture.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs June 03
4. Who has topped in the list of Asia’s richest man, According to the Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index?
A) Cyrus Poonawalla
B) Shiv Nadar
D) Gautam Adani
Answer: E) MukeshAmbani
- MukeshAmbani regained his spot as Asia’s richest man, surpassing his rival Gautam Adani, as a report said that the difference between the two billionaires was ‘just $1 billion’.
- As of June 3, Reliance Industries chairman’s net worth was $99.7 billion, while the wealth of Adani Group’s founder stood at $98.7 billion, according to the Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index.
- In the last 24 hours, the Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index, which tracks each billionaire’s net worth, said that Ambani saw an increase in his wealth of $3.59 billion. Adani added $2.96 billion to his net worth.
- Ambani’s wealth surged as RIL shares continued to rise, trading near record high levels in Friday’s session.
- Shares of RIL were up 3 per cent at Rs 2,816.35 on the BSE in Friday’s trade, having rallied 7 per cent in the past two trading days amid heavy volumes.
- The company has seen addition of Rs 1.25 trillion in its total market capitalisation of Rs 19.05 trillion during this period.
- The 65-year-old is now the eighth-richest person worldwide, the Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index said, while Adani is just behind him, at the ninth spot.
- The surge in Ambani’s wealth comes on the back RIL in March quarter reporting a 22.5 per cent rise in net profit at Rs 16,203 crore , driven by high oil refining margins, telecom and digital services growth and surge in retail business.
- Ambani’s net worth, as per Forbes real time billionaires list, has surged to $104.7 billion, while Adani’s wealth stands at $100.1 billion.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 03
5. Which payments bank partners Muthoot Finance to offer gold loans?
A) Airtel Payments Bank.
B) India Post Payments Bank.
C) Fino Payments Bank.
D) Jio Payments Bank.
E) Paytm Payments Bank.
Answer: A) Airtel Payments Bank.
- Airtel Payments Bank said it has partnered with Muthoot Finance to offer gold loans through Airtel Thanks app.
- There will be no-processing charge on the loan and Muthoot Finance will provide up to 75 per cent of the pledged gold value as a loan, the payments bank said.
- The loan facility will also be available at the 5 lakh banking points for Airtel Payments Bank, it added.
6. IRDAI eases capital requirement for insurers to offer _____ schemes?
A) Ayushman Bharat
Answer: E) PMJJBY
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) has reduced the capital required to be held by insurance companies offering Pradhan
- MantriJeevanJyotiBimaYojana (PMJJBY) by almost 50 per cent to enable insurers to offer more policies under the scheme, and provide financial security to bottom of the pyramid of Indian population.
- “In order to facilitate more participation of insurers in PMJJBY, Irdai has reduced the capital required to be held by insurers offering PMJJBY, by almost 50 per cent”, the insurance regulator said in a statement.
- PMJJBY provides life insurance cover worth Rs 2 lakh to all account holders aged 18-50 years.
- This move by the insurance regulator comes after the Centre increased the premium rates for PMJJBY and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha BimaYojana (PMSBY), for the first time in seven years due to “long-standing adverse claims experience”, and to make them economically viable.
- The premium for PMJJBY would increase from Rs 330 to Rs 436 a year effective June 1, and the PMSBY premium would rise from Rs 12 to Rs 20.
- This step by Irdai will supplement the recent revision of premium rates by the government of India for the two flagship schemes – PMJJBY and PMSBY — to make these schemes economically viable.
- “The easing of capital requirements by Irdai will accelerate the penetration of life insurance in India, and will support the life insurers in achieving the target set by the Government”, Irdai said.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs June 03
7. Which company has signed the ‘Climate Neutral Now’ (CNN) pledge by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)?
A) Adani Group
C) Blue Dart
D) Spice Jet
E) Air India
Answer: C) Blue Dart
- Logistics services provider Blue Dart on June 2 said it has signed the ‘Climate Neutral Now’ (CNN) pledge by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- The Climate Neutral Now Initiative encourages and supports interested stakeholders to act now in order to achieve a climate neutral world by 2050, as per the Paris Agreement.
- The initiative is a tool to promote voluntary action on climate change, Blue Dart, which is a part of the Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group, said in a statement.
- The pledge highlights the organisation’s commitment to ambitious carbon emission reduction targets, it added.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 03
8. Manimekhalai is the first woman MD and CEO of which bank?
A) Union Bank of India
C) Karur Vyasa Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: A) Union Bank of India
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) on June 2 approved the proposal of the Union Finance Ministry to appoint A. Manimekhalai, executive director at Canara Bank as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer (MD&CEO) in Union Bank of India for three years, a source aware of the development told Moneycontrol.
- Manimekhalai is the first woman MD and CEO of Union Bank of India and replaces Rajkiran Rai. G who held the position of Union Bank chief since 2017.
- Rai can be credited with the successful amalgamation of Corporation Bank and Andhra Bank with Union Bank.
- Manimekhalai holds an MBA degree from Bangalore University and has three decades of banking experience starting her career with Vijaya Bank as an officer in 1988.
- The Centre has also approved the appointment of Ajay Kumar Srivastava, executive director, Indian Overseas Bank as MD & CEO of the bank for three years.
- He replaces ParthaPratimSengupta who took charge as Indian Overseas Bank chief on July 24, 2020.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs June 03
9. Who crowned Scripps National Spelling Bee champion?
A) Harini Logan
B) Happy Logan
C) Padma Logan
D) Haritha Logan
E) Hema Logan
Answer: A) Harini Logan
- Harini Logan, a 14-year-old Indian-American eighth-grader from Texas, spelled 21 words correctly to win the prestigious 2022 Scripps National Spelling Bee, beating Vikram Raju in a marathon, first-of-its-kind spell-off, a format that tested the contestants on how many words they could correctly spell within 90 seconds.
- Logan, who took home the USD 50,000 cash prize and Scripps Cup trophy on top of awards from Merriam-Webster and Encyclopedia Britannica, spelled 21 out of 26 words correctly, while Raju, a 12-year-old boy from Denver, got 15 out of 19 words right.
- The final two competitors had trouble deciphering their words between rounds 13 and 18.
- At that point, judges opted to institute the first spell-off, 90 seconds to spell as many words as possible correctly.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 03
10. Who launched a nationwide ‘Fit India Freedom Rider Cycle Rally’ as he peddled a distance of 7.5 km along with 750 young cyclists to mark the World Bicycle Day ?
A) Sports Minister
B) Education Minister
C) Finance Minister
D) Home Minister
E) Women & Child Development Minister
Answer: A) Sports Minister
- Sports Minister Anurag Thakur launched a nationwide ‘Fit India Freedom Rider Cycle Rally’ as he peddled a distance of 7.5 km along with 750 young cyclists to mark the World Bicycle Day here.
- Thakur flagged off the program from Major Dhyan Chand Stadium here in the presence of Law minister KirenRijiju, Health and Family Welfare minister Mansukh Mandaviya and Minister of State for External Affairs MeenakshiLekhi.
- Cycle rallies at more than 100 locations across the country, including at 75 iconic places, were organized and Thakur also joined the 1500-plus people who participated in the 7.5 km rally.
- The aim of this program is to motivate people to take up cycling in their daily lives for physical fitness.
11. _______ integrated with NHA’s Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission?
Answer: A) eSanjeevani
- The National Health Authority (NHA) said the government’s ‘eSanjeevani’ telemedicine service has been integrated with the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- This integration allows the existing eSanjeevani users to easily create their Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) and use it to link and manage their existing health records, the NHA said.
- The users would also be able to share their health records with doctors on eSanjeevani leading to better clinical decision making and ensuring the continuum of care.
- About the significance of this integration, Dr R S Sharma, the CEO of NHA, said, ”ABDM aims to build digital highways to bridge the gaps in existing digital health solutions and stakeholders in India.”
- ”The integration of eSanjeevani with ABDM is one such example where the 22 crore ABHA holders can link and store their health records created via eSanjeevani in the health lockers of their choice.
- They can also share their previously linked health records with doctors on eSanjeevani making the entire consultation process paperless.”
- The eSanjeevani service is available in two variants.
- The first one is eSanjeevani Ayushman Bharat-Health and Wellness Centre (AB-HWC), a doctor-to-doctor telemedicine service through which the beneficiaries visiting a health and wellness centre can virtually connect to doctors in the hub that could be at a tertiary healthcare facility, a hospital or a medical college.
- This enables the government to provide general and specialised health services in rural areas and to isolated communities.
- The second variant, eSanjeevani OPD is serving patients across the country by connecting them directly to doctors from the comforts of their homes.
- Both eSanjeevani AB-HWC and eSanjeevani OPD have been integrated with the ABDM platform, an NHA statement said.
- The eSanjeevani telemedicine platform now joins other 40 digital health applications that have completed their ABDM integration, it said.
- Together, these health tech services are building a robust, interoperable and inclusive digital health ecosystem for the country, the statement added.
12. Who inaugurated the ground-breaking ceremony of the third Uttar Pradesh Investors Summit?
B) Anurag Thakur
C) Venkaiah Naidu
D) Ram nathKovind
E) Narendra Modi
Answer: E) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on inaugurated the ground-breaking ceremony of the third Uttar Pradesh Investors Summit and laid the foundation stone of 1,406 projects worth over Rs 80,000 crore.
- The projects were in diverse fields, including agriculture, IT and Electronics, MSME, manufacturing, renewable energy, pharma, tourism, defense and aerospace, handloom, and textile.
- Gautam Adani, Kumar Mangalam Birla, and other leading industrialists are attending the mega summit organized by the Uttar Pradesh government.
- Defense minister Rajnath Singh and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath are among those attending the event.
- The first Uttar Pradesh Investors Summit was held on July 29, 2018, and the second one took place on July 28 the next year.
- During the first summit, the foundation stone of 81 projects worth over Rs 61,500 crore was laid.
- During the second one, the foundation stone of 290 projects with investments of over Rs 67,000 crore was laid.
Tata Projects to construct Noida International Airport at Jewar:
- Tata Group’s infrastructure and construction arm, Tata Projects, has bagged the contract to construct the upcoming Noida International Airport at Jewar, in Uttar Pradesh.
- As part of the contract, Tata Projects will construct the terminal, runway, airside infrastructure, roads, utilities, landside facilities and other ancillary buildings at the airport, Yamuna International Airport Private Limited (YIAPL) said in a statement.
- YIAPL is a 100 per cent subsidiary of Swiss developer Zurich Airport International AG and has been incorporated as a Special Purpose Vehicle to develop Noida International Airport.
- In 2019, Zurich Airport International AG won the bid to develop the airport.
- The Uttar Pradesh government signed the concession agreement with YIAPL on October 7, 2020, to commence the development of the NIA.
- The greenfield facility, spread in 1,334 hectares, will have a single-runway operation in the first phase with a capacity to handle 12-million passengers per annum at an investment of Rs 5,700 crore.
13. Who releases the Compendium Booklet for ‘Road Over Bridges’ for Indian Railways?
B) Anurag Thakur
C) Venkaiah Naidu
D) Nitin Gadkari
E) Narendra Modi
Answer: D) Nitin Gadkari
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Shri Nitin Gadkari released the Compendium Booklet for ‘Road Over Bridges’ for Indian Railways consisting of more than 200 standardised drawings along with Union Railway Minister Shri AshwiniVaishnaw& Union MoS Shri Gen VK Singh.
14. Who inaugurates new spacecraft manufacturing facility?
A) Dr S Varun
B) Dr S Sugan
C) Dr S Srinivasan
D) Dr S Karthick
E) Dr S Somanath
Answer: E) Dr S Somanath
- Somanath, the chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Wednesday inaugurated ANANTH Technologies’ spacecraft manufacturing unit at Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) Aerospace Park.
- The new state-of-the-art spacecraft manufacturing facility can conduct assembly integration and testing of four large spacecraft simultaneously.
15. Which state launches e-stamping facility, abolishes physical stamp papers of all denominations?
Answer: C) Punjab
- In a decision to bring more efficiency and check the pilferage of state revenue, the Punjab government has abolished physical stamp papers.
- The stamp paper of any denomination can now be obtained via e-stamp (computerized print-out) from any stamp vendor or from banks authorised by the state government.
- After launching the facility, Punjab revenue minister Bram ShankerJimpa said earlier the e-stamping facility was applicable only to values of above Rs.20,000.
- “We are extending this facility to stamp papers for all denominations starting from Rs One,” he said.
- The minister said this decision taken by the Punjab government led by Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann will at least save Rs 35 Crore annually, which is incurred on printing of stamp papers, besides facilitating the common public to obtain stamp papers in a hassle-free manner.
- He said that most of the time the general public had to face difficulty in getting the stamp paper when it was not available with the stamp vendor or had to purchase at higher prices.
- Jimpa said on 27 May a notification has been issued for the implementation of the e-stamp system.
- The Cabinet minister said the Punjab government will pay a commission of two per cent to the stamp vendors on e-stamps ranging from Rs One to Rs 19,999, while the general public would get stamp paper at the actual rate, for instance, they will have to pay the only Rs 100 for stamp paper of Rs 100 and no extra commission will be levied.
- This step will also help in curbing the stamp paper-linked frauds, he added.
- The department has also launched five more e-facilities including Loan/Hypothecation Agreement, Agreement of Pledge, Affidavit & Declaration, Demand Promissory Note, and Indemnity Bond. Now, these documents can also be issued through the computer directly.
- Secretary revenue department Manvesh Singh Sidhu said that this facility has been started with the help of the Union government’s National e-Governance Services Ltd.
- (NeSL), With the launch of the facility, the people will have no need to go anywhere and they can avail these facilities in banks.
16. Government sets target to achieve 100 MT coal gasification by ___?
Answer: E) 2030
- The Government of India has set a target to increase coal gasification to 100 million tonnes (MT) by 2030, V K Tiwari, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Coal, said.
- “Coal gasification is the future. It is considered a cleaner option compared to the burning of coal. Gasification facilitates utilization of the chemical properties of coal,” Tiwari said while addressing the National Mineral Congress held in Bhubaneswar.
- He said the government has prepared a National Mission document to achieve 100 MT Coal Gasification by 2030.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy