Daily Current Affairs June 02
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 02. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 02| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 02
1. Telangana Formation Day is observed on which date?
A) June 7
C) June 4
D) June 2
E) June 1
Answer: D) June 2
- Telangana Day, also known as Telangana Formation Day, is celebrated on June 2 every year.
- Being observed since 2014, when Telangana was carved out of erstwhile unified Andhra Pradesh, today marks the 9th Telangana Formation Day.
- Telangana was India’s 29th state when it was founded, but after Jammu and Kashmir was designated as a UT in 2019, the country’s youngest state became the 28th state.
- Telangana Formation Day is observed with great pomp and fervour throughout the state.
- The day is a public holiday in Telangana and is observed by a range of events and cultural activities organised by both government and private organisations around the state.
2. International Week of Solidarity with the Peoples of Non-Self-Governing Territories 25-31 May
- United Nations is observing “International Week of Solidarity with the Peoples of Non-Self-Governing Territories” from May 25 to 31, 2021.
- In the UN Charter, a Non-Self-Governing Territory is defined as a Territory “whose people have not yet attained a full measure of self-government.”
- Chapter XI of the UN Charter provides for “Declaration regarding Non-Self-Governing Territories”.
- The charter provides that, member states who are administering non-self-governing Territories, shall recognize the interests of inhabitants of these Territories are paramount.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 02
3. Swapnil Kusale is related to which sports?
- Indian shooter Swapnil Kusale won a silver medal in the men’s 50m rifle 3 positions (3P) event at the ISSF World Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan, giving the country its second medal of the competition.
- The 26-year-old Swapnil went down 10-16 to Rio Olympics silver winner Serhiy Kulish of Ukraine in the gold medal match.
- This was Swapnil’s first individual ISSF World Cup stage medal.
- The 12-member Indian rifle squad now has one gold and one silver, moving up to fifth on the medal table from overnight ninth.
- Swapnil played a tremendous 3P match over two days of intense competition on a world-class field.
- He first finished second to Kulish in the top-eight ranking round, before going down to the Ukrainian champion again in the gold medal match.
- Kulish shot 411 in the ranking round to Swapnil’s 409.1 as Finland’s Aleksi took the bronze with 407.8.
- The top two, therefore, finished in the same order right from the qualification rounds.
- In the final, Swapnil did put up a fight but the Ukrainian finished strong to put the issue beyond the Indian.
- Kulish shot four high 10s in his last five shots of the final to Swapnil’s three low 10s and two 9s.
4. Which country team won bronze medal in Asia Cup hockey?
- India beat Japan for the second time in the eight-team tournament to win bronze in the Asia Cup hockey at the GBK Sports Complex in Jakarta.
- Raj Kumar Pal’s seventh minute goal saw the Birendra Lakra-led outfit edge past Asian Games champions.
- India began cautiously, holding possession in the midfield.
- Karthi Selvam received a brilliant pass inside the circle and passed to the unmarked Vishnukant Singh.
- But the Japanese defence dealt with the danger.
- Japan earned a PC at the start of the final quarter but it was blocked by Manjeet.
- Uttam then received a stunning pass from Abharan Sudev, running inside the circle to go one-on-one with Japanese goalkeeper Takashi Yoshikawa, who dispossessed Uttam.
- Maninder Singh stitched an attack in the final minute but the Japanese defence dispossessed him.
- South Korea beat Malaysia 2-1 in the final with Jung Man-jae (17th) and Tae Il-hwang (52nd) scoring while Syed Cholan (25th) had equalised for Malaysia.
- South Korea won the Asia Cup for the fifth time—most in the list. India and Pakistan have won thrice.
5. Para-canoeist Prachi Yadav bags bronze in Paracanoe World Cup in which country?
- Para-canoeist Prachi Yadav created history by becoming the first Indian to clinch a bronze medal in women’s VL2 200m event at the Paracanoe World Cup at Poznan, Poland.
- Prachi bagged the bronze with a timing of 1:04.71 seconds behind silver medallist Brianna Hennessy of Canada (1:01.58s) and gold medallist Susan Seipel of Australia (1:01.54s).
- It is India’s best-ever performance in the event which started on May 26 and will end on Sunday.
- Besides, Manish Kaurav (KL3 men 200m) and Manjeet Singh (VL2 men 200m) made it to the finals of their respective events for the first time in the history of the tournament.
- Jaideep qualified for the semifinals of VL3 men’s 200m event but could not progress further.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs June 02
6. Frontier from which country is topped in the list of 59th edition of the Top500 list of the world’s most powerful supercomputers?
- In 2020, Fugaku, a supercomputer jointly developed by RIKEN and Fujitsu Ltd., topped the supercomputer benchmarking index.
- Two years later, the Japanese machine was dethroned by another built in the West.
- Frontier, a supercomputer built using Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) architecture and equipped with Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) processors, outperformed Fugaku to become the world’s fastest supercomputer, according to the Top500 list of world’s most powerful supercomputers.
- The supercomputer, built for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), has reached Linmark benchmark score of 1.1 exaflops, making it the world’s first supercomputer to break the exascale speed barrier.
- Fugaku, installed at the RIKEN Center for Computational Science in Kobe, Japan, has a Linmark benchmark score of 442 petaflops (1 exaflop is equivalent to 1,000 petaflops).
- The supercomputer will be able to help with modelling and simulating complex scientific research, across biological, physical and chemical sciences.
- It can be used to develop AI models that are 4.5X faster and 8X larger, allowing to train more data that can increase predictability and speed time-to-discovery, according to HPE.
- Frontier has 8,730,112 total cores and is built on the latest HPE Cray EX235a architecture and powered with AMD EPYC 64C 2GHz processors.
- Fugaku, now the second-most powerful supercomputer, has 7,630,848 cores.
- The top two systems are followed by a new LUMI system, installed at the EuroHPC centre at CSC in Finland (151.9 petaflops); Summit, an IBM-built system at ORNL in Tennessee, U.S. (148.8 petaflops); and Sierra, a system at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in the U.S. (94.6 petaflops), as per the 59th edition of the Top500 list.
- Frontier is also ranked number one as the world’s most energy-efficient supercomputer, on the Green500 list, which measures supercomputing energy use and efficiency, with 52.23 gigaflops performance per watt, making it 32% more energy-efficient compared to the previous number one system, according to HPE.
- The most powerful supercomputer in the world is expected to reach even higher levels of speed with a theoretical peak performance of 2 exaflops.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 02
7. HDFC ties with which company to digitally transform lending business?
- NBFC giant, HDFC announced the collaboration with global information technology services and consulting firm, Accenture to digitally transform its lending business.
- The tie-up will revamp HDFC’s customer experience and business processes to provide greater operational agility and efficiency, and drive business growth.
- The collaboration is aimed at making HDFC’s lending lifecycle paperless and nimble.
- In a statement, HDFC highlighted that a key element of the program is a cloud-native lending platform with digital workflows for every step of the customer journey including application, loan processing, credit underwriting and decisions, disbursement, and loan servicing.
- It leverages a machine learning-based decision engine aimed at improving risk mitigation and driving agility by standardizing the credit underwriting process.
- Further, the platform includes a user-friendly mobile application and a web-based portal for customers.
- Developed using human-centric design principles, the intuitive mobile application and web portal will enable digital-native experiences and significantly reduce the time taken for customer onboarding.
- Also, the platform will offer customers real-time visibility into their home loan application status and other related service requests anytime, anywhere.
8. Cashfree Payments has partnered with _______ to provide tokenization solutions on RuPay cards for its merchants?
- Payments and API banking solutions company Cashfree Payments on Thursday said it has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to provide tokenization solutions on RuPay cards for its merchants.
- Cashfree Payments’ tokenization solution ‘Token Vault’ helps merchants provide their customers with the option to save cards on the merchant website or app and process card payments securely while being RBI compliant.
- With this partnership, Cashfree Payments becomes a certified and compliant payment tokenization service provider across key card networks like RuPay, Mastercard, and Visa, said the firm.
- Token Vault supports all major card types: credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, and corporate cards.
- Businesses can integrate Token Vault API with their platform with a single integration.
Once integrated, Cashfree Payments takes care of both saved card function & processing payments.
- As per RBI guidelines, with effect from 1 July 2022, neither businesses nor payment aggregators can save customer card details on their platforms.
- The card details can only be saved by the card networks or issuing banks.
- Card tokenization is the process of replacing sensitive card information like card number, and card expiry with a cryptographically generated random string, referred to as the card token.
- Once a card is tokenized, the generated card token can be used for processing payments as a substitute to card details, thus eliminating risk of loss of sensitive card information while making card payments.
9. Which bank announced the launch of an array of new facilities on its online outward remittances platform, ‘Money2World’ (M2W)?
C)Karur Vyasa Bank
Answer: D)ICICI Bank
- ICICI Bank announced the launch of an array of new facilities on its online outward remittances platform, ‘Money2World’ (M2W), to provide improved convenience to users including those who do not have accounts with the Bank.
- One of the new services empower customers of other banks to complete the KYC (Know Your Customer) process via video conferencing to register themselves on M2W, an industry-first initiative.
- Another new facility enables customers, having account with any other bank, to remit up to $ 250,000 in a financial year under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS), 10 times of their previous limit.
- Further, ICICI Bank has integrated its mobile banking app ‘iMobile Pay’ with the M2W platform.
- This integration enables its customers to send money overseas, choose and set their desired exchange rate, and enter a one-time instruction to schedule recurring payments through ‘iMobile Pay’.
- Users of ‘Money2World’ can remit funds to 21 currencies for a host of purposes including education, maintenance of close relatives, gift and travel.
Key benefits of ‘Money2World’ platform:
- Video KYC facility: An official of the Bank helps an individual, who is eager to join the M2W platform but does not hold an account with ICICI Bank, to complete the KYC process through a video call.
- It brings forth the convenience of significant time-saving as it takes only a few minutes against the paper intensive, physical KYC verification process at a branch.
- Enhanced LRS limit: Customers of any other bank can now remit up to USD 250,000 under LRS through M2W platform and fulfill their need to send large amount overseas.
- Transact through ‘iMobile Pay’: The Bank’s customers can remit money via ‘iMobile Pay’.
- They can just log into the app, choose the ‘Send Money’ option and finally send money abroad by selecting ‘Transfer Overseas’.
10. Which bank to tie up with JC Flowers in its ARC business?
A) Yes Bank
C) Karur Vyasa Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: A)Yes Bank
- Yes Bank Ltd has chosen JC Flowers Asset Reconstruction Co. as its joint venture partner to offload ₹49,000 crore of bad loans as the private lender seeks to clean up its books and raise capital to fund credit growth.
- JC Flowers has offered ₹12,107 crore against the bad loan book, ensuring a 25% recovery, two people familiar with the development said.
- Yes Bank had set Wednesday as the deadline for choosing its joint venture partner.
- Cerberus Assets management, which came a close second, bid a similar amount, but JC Flowers had the advantage of already owning an asset reconstruction company (ARC) in India, the people said on condition of anonymity.
- Yes Bank will need to invest ₹400 crore in the JC Flowers ARC to pick up a 20% stake in the company.
- Payments by the joint venture company for the bad loan book will be made under the 15:85 structure, with ₹1,800 crore, or 15% of the agreed amount, to be paid upfront in cash to Yes Bank.
- The rest will be paid in security receipts to be redeemed as the ARC recovers money from defaulters.
- The bad loan book of ₹49,000 crore includes so-called technical write-offs worth ₹17,000 crore and soured investments.
- Technical write-offs involve moving a fully provided bad loan account off the balance sheet even as recovery efforts continue.
- The deal with JC Flowers clears the way for Yes Bank to raise ₹10,000 crore of equity capital, which had been delayed due to the sizable amount of soured assets on its books.
- According to media reports, the bank is in talks with Advent International and Carlyle to raise equity.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs June 02
11. Reliance Brands to acquire ____ stake in Italy’s Legno SPA’s India toy manufacturing biz?
Answer: C) 40%
- Reliance Brands Ltd (RBL) announced that it has entered into a JV with Italian toy manufacturing company Plastic Legno SPA by acquiring a 40 per cent stake in its India business for an undisclosed amount.
- This investment would help RBL in bringing in vertical integration for its toy business and diversify the supply chain with a long-term strategic interest in building toy manufacturing in India, a joint statement said.
- Plastic Legno SPA is owned by the Sunino group that boasts more than 25 years of toy production experience in Europe.
- RBL, a subsidiary of Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd, also has a strong play in the toy industry with its portfolio of British toy retailer Hamleys and homegrown toy brand Rowan.
- Hamleys, currently, has a global footprint across 15 countries with 213 doors and is India’s largest chain of toy stores.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 02
12. Sachin Tendulkar will continue as UNICEF’s ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ for a record ____ year?
Answer: B) 20th
- Sachin Tendulkar will continue as UNICEF’s ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ for a record 20th year, working for the welfare of underprivileged children.
- The iconic cricketer has been associated with UNICEF for long for various causes.
- In 2003, he was chosen to take lead in the initiative to create awareness and promote polio prevention in India.
- Later in 2008, he was roped in to create and promote hygiene and sanitation among communities and has been continuing to do so over the years.
- In 2013, he was appointed UNICEF Ambassador for South Asia to advocate good hygiene and sanitation across the region.
- In 2019, he went on a three-day trip to Nepal to raise awareness for UNICEF Nepal’s ‘Bat for Brain Development’ campaign.
- In his almost two-decade-long partnership with UNICEF, he has been vital in furthering the campaigns, especially the ones aimed at providing better future for underprivileged children.
13. Zulfiquar Hasan Becomes the New DG of ____?
Answer: E) BCAS
- Senior IPS officer Zulfiquar Hasan has been appointed as the new Director General of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS).
- An order issued by the Centre, following the sanction by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC), appointed the 1988-batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer to the post of Director General of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, which has been vacant since the beginning of the year.
- Zulfiquar Hasan, a West Bengal-cadre 1988-batch IPS officer, has been serving as the special Director General of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in Delhi.
- The post of the Director General, BCAS has been vacant since January 4 after incumbent Nasir Kamal opted for voluntary retirement.
- Bureau of Civil Aviation Security Joint DG Jaideep Prasad has been holding the charge of the Director General in an additional capacity.
- The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security functions under the Union civil aviation ministry and is tasked with framing security-related protocols for aviation operations.
- The official order stated that Zulfiquar Hasan has been appointed “for a tenure up to his superannuation on 31.10.2024”.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs June 02
14. Which state government has bagged the SKOCH award for ‘ease of doing business’?
Answer: B)West Bengal
- The West Bengal government has bagged the SKOCH award for ‘ease of doing business’, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has said.
- She said the state was chosen for the honours because of several initiatives taken by her government.
- The state has recently won a SKOCH award for education.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 02
15. India, which country to partner for pharma trade, research, regulatory cooperation?
- Senior officials from India and Egypt have held one round of talks and are set to meet again in a conference later this month as India eyes Egypt as a gateway to North Africa for its pharmaceutical exports, and the African nation seeks to leverage Indian businesses to strengthen its API industry and domestic drugs production.
- However, they have to overcome a challenge: India is not among the countries currently approved by Egyptian authorities for good manufacturing practices.
- Recently, officials from the two countries met to discuss partnerships for pharmaceutical trade, regulatory cooperation, AYUSH, and pharmaceutical education and research.
- India’s department of pharmaceuticals has sought comments from the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO), National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) and the ministry of AYUSH to take this forward.
- At the first meeting of the India-Egypt Joint Working Group held in March, it was decided that India would share its best practices in terms of pharmaceutical trade, AYUSH, pharma research, regulatory cooperation, education and investment.
- During April-September 2021, India was Egypt’s fifth largest trading partner.
- It was the largest importer of Egyptian goods and the seventh largest exporter to Egypt during the same time.
16. India-Senegal sign _____ MoUs for cultural exchange, cooperation in youth matters and visa free regime for officials?
- The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu, who is on a three-nation tour, arrived in Senegal where he was received by Ms. Aissata Tall Sall, Minister of Foreign Affairs from the Senegalese side at Dakar airport.
- This is the first ever high level Indian visit to Senegal and is taking place at a time when both countries are celebrating 60 years of their diplomatic relations.
- In the capital city of Dakar, Shri Naidu led delegation level talks with the President of Senegal, H.E. Mr Macky Sall and assured Senegal of India’s continued commitment to support the socio-economic development of Senegal through all means, bilateral, regional and international frameworks.
- During these talks, three MoUs were signed by both sides to further deepen their bilateral partnership in various areas.
- The first MoU pertains to visa-free regime for Diplomatic and Official passport holders which would strengthen cooperation between the two countries through seamless travel of officials/diplomats.
- Second agreement relates to renewal of Cultural Exchange Progarmme (CEP) for the period 2022-26.
- Appreciating the richness of Indian and Senegalese culture, Shri Naidu expressed confidence that with the renewal of the CEP, there will be more cultural exchanges, thereby strengthening our people-to-people contacts.
- Third MoU seeks to enhance bilateral cooperation in youth matters. Recognizing that both India and Senegal have relatively young population, the Vice President expressed confidence that this MoU will be mutually beneficial to our two countries through sharing of information, knowledge and good practices, and youth exchanges.
17. India and which country Host Industry Transition Dialogue in Stockholm?
Answer: C) Sweden
- India and Sweden hosted the Industry Transition Dialogue today in Stockholm, as a part of their joint initiative i.e. Leadership for Industry Transition (LeadIT).
- The LeadIT initiative lays specific focus on hard to abate sectors that are key stakeholders in the global climate action and require specific interventions.
- This high level of dialogue has contributed to the UN Conference ‘Stockholm+50’: a healthy planet for the prosperity of all –our responsibility, our opportunity’, takingplace on 2 and 3 June 2022 and set the agenda for COP27.
- The event was opened by address from Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, India, Shri Bhupender Yadav and Minister for Climate and the Environment, Sweden, Ms. Annika Strandhäll.
- In the opening address the Union Minister congratulated the world for the upcoming 50th anniversary of United Nations Conference on the Human Environment that took place in 1972 and put environmental issues at the forefront of the international concerns.
- He emphasized that it is the time to celebrate 50 years of collaborative action, at the same time to introspect on what has been achieved and what more is yet to be done.
- Japan and South Africa, the latest members of the initiative were welcomed.
- This extends the total membership of LeadIT to 37 including countries and companies together.
- The minister also updated the audience about the progress made under the initiative that includes the sectoral road mapping, workshops and industrial field visits to facilitate knowledge sharing and combined efforts.
- During the event, India chaired the roundtable dialogues on Priorities for implementation 2022-23.
- The need for speed and scale in climate action was echoed by all the speakers.
- The countries and companies shared their initiatives, success stories and plans for future.
- Some very specific and valuable insights were shared by the participants.
- It was felt that the domestic actions if implemented and communicated well can be valuable inspiration at the international level.
- The efforts and exchanges through such platforms have the potential to lead the world in right direction.
- The commitments and pledges now must translate into action in mitigation and adaptation that rides on climate finance and technology transfer.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 02
18. Who announced Centre is planning to set up ”PM Shri Schools” which will be aimed at preparing students for the future and will be the laboratory of the new National Education Policy (NEP)?
A) Health Minister
B) Education Minister
C) Finance Minister
D) Home Minister
E) Women & Child Development Minister
Answer: B) Education Minister
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said the Centre is planning to set up ”PM Shri Schools” which will be aimed at preparing students for the future and will be the laboratory of the new National Education Policy (NEP).
- Pradhan was addressing the two-day National Education Minister’s Conference in Gujarat.
- ”School education is the foundation on which India will become a knowledge-based economy.
- We are in the process of establishing ‘PM Shri schools’ which will be fully equipped to prepare students for the future,” Pradhan said in his address.
- He said these state-of-the-art schools will be the ”laboratory of NEP 2020”.
- The National Education Ministers’ Conference began in Gujarat’s Gandhinagar on Wednesday with a focus on the implementation of the new NEP.
- The minister said the 5+3+3+4 approach of the NEP covering pre-school to secondary school, emphasis on Early Childhood Care and Education Programme (ECCE), teacher training & adult education, integration of skill development with school education, and prioritizing learning in the mother tongue are steps for preparing global citizens of the 21st century.
19. DGCA fines Vistara _______ for letting improperly trained pilot land flight in Indore?
A) Rs 30 lakh
B) Rs 40 lakh
C) Rs 50 lakh
D) Rs 10 lakh
E) Rs 20 lakh
Answer: D) Rs 10 lakh
- Aviation regulator DGCA imposed a fine of Rs 10 lakh on Vistara for letting an improperly trained pilot land an aircraft with passengers on board at the Indore airport, officials said.
- The pilot, who was the first officer on the flight, landed the aircraft at the Indore airport without first getting the requisite training in a simulator, officials of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation said.
- ”This was a serious violation endangering lives of the passengers on board,” an official noted.
- It is not immediately clear where the aircraft took off from and when exactly.
- A Vistara spokesperson said the incident took place in August 2021 but did not specify the date.
- First officers have to be first trained to land an aircraft in a simulator before they can land a plane with passengers on board.
- Captains are also trained at a simulator before they can allow a first officer to land the aircraft under supervision.
- The captain as well as the first officer of the Indore flight did not train in a simulator but the first officer was still allowed to conduct the landing at the airport,DGCA officials said, attributing the delay in taking action to the time taken for the probe.
- A fine of Rs 10 lakh has therefore been levied on Vistara for granting landing clearance to the first officer without conducting requisite training, they said.
20. An Indian Naval Air Squadron (INAS) _______ operating the indigenously-built Advanced Light Helicopter MK III has been commissioned into the Indian Navy?
A) 322 squadron
B) 323 squadron
C) 324 squadron
D) 325 squadron
E) 327 squadron
Answer: D) 325 squadron
- An Indian Naval Air Squadron (INAS) operating the indigenously-built Advanced Light Helicopter MK III has been commissioned into the Indian Navy, in a boost to its combat capability.
- The INAS 325 squadron was commissioned into the Navy by Lieutenant General Ajai Singh, the Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman and Nicobar Command, at a ceremony held at the INS Utkrosh naval air station in Port Blair.
- The newly-inducted helicopters flew for the first time over the Andaman Islands earlier this year and were officially inducted on January 28, they said.
- The unit is the second ALH MK III squadron that has been commissioned into the Indian Navy.
- The addition of ALH MK III into the air naval station is expected to augment its surveillance capabilities in the region.
- This aircraft would not only strengthen the military capabilities in the region, but also be able to provide assistance to the local administration in any need of the hour, the officials said.
- The state-of-the-art multi-role helicopter has been developed and manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL), Bengaluru.
- The squadron is commanded by Commander Avinash Kumar Sharma, who is an experienced pilot.
21. Government e-Marketplace (GeM) has developed an IT module for which ministry?
B) Power Ministry
E)Women & Child Development Ministry
Answer: D)Defence Ministry
- As a significant step towards the Digital India vision of the Government, Government e-Marketplace (GeM) has developed an IT module for Ministry of Defence, for integration of competent financial authorities and Internal Financial Advisers (IFA) for online e-concurrence and approval of procurement proposals on GeM portal.
- The integration module was launched by Shri. Rajnish Kumar, Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA), in the presence of Shri Prashant Kumar Singh, Chief Executive Officer of Government e-Marketplace (GeM) at Defence Accounts Department Headquarters in New Delhi on June 01, 2022.
- The module has been developed by GeM over the course of last one year, utilising Business Process Re-engineering (BPR)-based procedural inputs provided by the Ministry of Defence, Defence Accounts Department Headquarters and the Headquarters of the various defence services and other MoD organisations.
- Procurement by Ministry of Defence (MoD) through Government e-Market (GeM) portal had reached an all-time high of Rs 15,047.98 crore for the Financial Year 2021-22, which is more than 250 percent over the last financial year.
22. National School Education Ministers Conference commences in which state?
- National School Education Ministers Conference commenced today in Gujarat. Union Ministers of Education and Skill Development and Education Ministers of State Governments are participating in the conference.
- On the side-lines of the conference, Union Education Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan along with Education Ministers of States/UTs, Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar, MoS Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Electronics & Information Technology; Smt. Annapurna Devi, MoS for Education; Dr. Subhas Sarkar, MoS for Education and senior officials of Ministry of Education visited Vidya Samiksha Kendra (VSK), Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geo-informatics (BISAG), National Forensic Science University (NFSU) and International Automobile Centre of Excellence (iACE).
23. India has added _____ megawatts (MW) of rooftop solar capacity during the January-March period of 2022, according to Mercom India Research?
Answer: E) 456
- India has added 456 megawatts (MW) of rooftop solar capacity during the January-March period of 2022, according to Mercom India Research.
- At 456 MW, the installations were 34 percent higher than 341 MW in the first quarter of 2021, the research firm said in a report.
- During the quarter, 47 percent of installations were in the industrial segment, followed by 29 percent, 22 percent, and 2 percent, in commercial, residential, and government segments.
- As of March 31, 2022, India’s cumulative rooftop solar capacity was approximately 7.6 gigawatt (GW), Mercom India said.
- Gujarat is the top state for cumulative solar rooftop installations with about 1.8 GW.
- Maharashtra and Rajasthan rank second and third, contributing 12 percent and 10 percent of total rooftop installations by the end of Q1 2022.
- In Q1 2022, the tender activity of rooftop solar projects increased by 269 percent compared to Q4 2021 and 214 percent compared to Q1 2021.
- According to the report, the average cost of a rooftop solar system increased 6 percent in Q1 2022 compared to Q4 2021.
- The increase in average rooftop system cost was up 17 percent year-over-year.
24. Which state has launched a comprehensive solid waste management project in all the 93 urban local bodies in the state?
- In an effort to make the cities of Kerala free from solid waste, the Kerala government has launched a comprehensive solid waste management project in all the 93 urban local bodies in the state.
- In the first phase, the project was launched in 87 municipalities and six corporations in the southern state.
- The lands will be reclaimed by segregating the mixed waste heaps that have been accumulated over the years here and treating and disposing of them without any environmental, health, or social issues, the statement further said.
- There is also a plan to set up a first centralized recycling park in the state through the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- It also aims to harness the industrial potential of producing value-added products from solid waste.
- Non-recyclable waste will be treated scientifically by constructing modern sanitary landfills to ensure their safe disposal.
- The State Project Management Unit (SPMU) would assist the municipalities in the implementation of the project.
- The project is being implemented in the state through a three-tier system that evaluates and monitors the progress and implementation of the project on a daily basis, it detailed.
- A basic grant would be given to all the local bodies to strengthen and enhance the existing waste management systems and the money would be sanctioned based on the approval of the waste management projects submitted by the local bodies, an official statement said here.
- They can also use the grant to implement various solid waste treatment projects tailored to their local specifications, the statement further added.
25. Narendra Modi inaugurates world’s first nano urea plant in which state?
- In an effort to provide farmers with the means to boost productivity and increase their incomes, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today inaugurated the world’s first nano urea liquid plant by IFFCO at Kalol, Gujarat.
- PM dedicated the nano urea liquid fertiliser plant to the service of the nation at a ceremony held at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- According to Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO), the farmers’ cooperative has set up additional manufacturing facilities for the production of nano fertilisers at its Aonla, Phulpur, Kalol (Expansion), Bengaluru, Paradeep, Kandla, Deoghar and Guwahati units for production of nano urea, nano DAP and nano micronutrients at different locations.
- All these units shall have a design production capacity of two lakh bottles per day with a total investment INR 3,000 crore of which INR 720 is already allocated.
- IFFCO had last year introduced the world’s first IFFCO nano urea (liquid) and was included in Fertiliser Control Order (FCO, 1985).
- IFFCO nano urea (liquid) was indigenously developed through the proprietary technology at IFFCO’s Nano Biotechnology Research Centre (NBRC) in Kalol.
- The production unit at Kalol has been made with an investment of INR 175 crore and at present has the capacity to produce 1.5 lakh 500 ml bottles of nano urea per day.
26. Which state government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) for obtaining life certificate from pensioners through doorstep services of the Postal Department?
Answer: A)Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) for obtaining life certificate from pensioners through doorstep services of the Postal Department.
- Recently, the State government issued orders for five modes of annual mustering of pensioners during July to September this year, including the doorstep services of the IPPB, for obtaining digital life certificate through Jeevan Pramaan Portal to avoid hardship of coming in person for aged pensioners/family pensioners.
- As per the agreement, the IPPB would render the doorstep services at a cost of ₹70 per digital life certificate, an official release said.
- Over 7.15 lakh State government pensioners/ family pensioners submit their life certificate during July, August and September every year for annual mustering.
- As of now, mustering can be done by pensioners/family pensioners by exercising any one of three options—direct mustering (physical appearance); submission of life certificate through post; and digital life certificate (DLC) through Jeevan Pramaan Portal by using biometric device.
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, exemption from annual mustering was granted during the last two years.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Finance Minister Palanivel Thiaga Rajan, Finance Secretary N. Muruganandam, Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts T.N. Venkatesh, Chief General Manager of IPPB Limited Gurusharan Rai Bansal, Chief Postmaster General- Tamil Nadu Circle B. Selvakumar, Assistant General Manager, IPPB Ltd- Tamil Nadu Circle N.R. Divakara, Postmaster General- Chennai City Region G. Natarajan and other senior officials.
27. Delhi Customs launches Project ‘NIGAH’ at ICD Garhi Harsaru in which state?
- Chief Commissioner, Delhi Customs Zone, Shri Surjit Bhujabal inaugurated project ‘NIGAH’ at ICD Garhi Harsaru, Gurugram.
- Project NIGAH is an initiative to track container by using ICTM (ICD Container Tracking Module) which will help in better visibility of the container movement inside the ICD.
- It will help Customs to expedite long standing containers and monitor timely clearances, thereby enhancing Ease of Doing Business along with ensuring lead preventive checks.
ICTM has been developed in collaboration with the Custodian M/s. GRFL.
A live demo of the project was given to all the participants.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Acquisitions and Mergers