Daily Current Affairs July 28
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 28. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 28| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs July 28
1. CRPF Raising Day is observed on?
A) July 27
B) July 24
C) July 26
D) July 23
E) July 25
Answer: A) July 27
|Date||Day||1st Observed/ Founded||Edition||Theme||Others|
|July 27||CRPF Raising Day||1939||83rd|
Sports – Daily Current Affairs July 28
2. PV Sindhu to bear the Indian flag at CWG opening ceremony, she won how many Silver Olympic medals?
Answer: C) 1
- Birmingham Commonwealth Games flag-bearers of the Indian Contingent
- Women – Shuttler and Olympic medallist PV Sindhu
- Men – India Men’s Hockey Captain Manpreet Singh
3. National anti-doping bill passed in Lok Sabha, where is the headquarters of World Anti-Doping Agency?
Answer: E) Canada
- The Lok Sabha passed the National anti-doping bill, to provide a statutory framework in the form of legislation for prohibition of doping in sports in the country.
- The move will help in the establishment of the National Board of Anti-Doping in sports.
- Already, the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) has been performing anti-doping measures as per the World Anti-Doping Agency norms.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs July 28
4. Digital payments recordedhow many percent annual growth at March-end 2022?
Answer: B) 29%
- Digital payments across the country registered a growth of nearly 29 per cent in a year through March 2022, as per the RBI’s latest index that measures the adoption of online transactions.
- The newly constituted RBI’s digital payment index (RBI-DPI) stood at 349.3 in March 2022 against 304.06 in September 2021 and 270.59 per cent in March 2021.
- The Reserve Bank had announced the construction of a composite Reserve Bank of India – Digital Payments Index (RBI-DPI) in March 2018 as a base to capture the extent of digitisation of payments across the country.
- The RBI-DPI comprises 5 broad parameters that enable the measurement of the deepening and penetration of digital payments in the country over different periods.
- These parameters are Payment Enablers (weight 25 per cent); Payment Infrastructure – Demand-side factors (10 per cent); Payment Infrastructure – Supply-side factors (15 per cent); Payment Performance (45 per cent); and Consumer Centricity (5 per cent).
- The index is published on a semi-annual basis from March 2021 onwards with a lag of 4 months.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs July 28
5. Sebi imposedhow many lakhs penalty on an individual in Metkore Alloys and Industries limited?
A) 60 lakh
B) 45 lakh
C) 50 lakh
D) 25 lakh
E) 30 lakh
Answer: D) 25 lakh
- Markets regulator Sebi imposed a fine of Rs 25 lakh on an individual for failing to make public announcement with regard to acquisition of Metkore Alloys and Industries Ltd’s shares.
- The individual — Prashant Boorugu — violated Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers (SAST) norms, Sebi noted in its order.
- Boorugu was the promoter of Metkore during the period from March 2013 to December 2015, and as of June 2015, he held 4.26 per cent of the total shareholding in the company.
6. India registered sustained growth in Bioeconomy how many billion USD in 2021?
A) 80.1 billion
B) 45.6 billion
C) 22.7 billion
D) 33.5 billlion
E) 94.8 billion
Answer: A) 80.1 billion
- India registered a sustained growth in Bioeconomy from $44 Bn US in 2019 to $80.1 Bn in 2021.
- Bioeconomy is the production, utilization and conservation of biological resources, including related knowledge, science, technology, and innovation, to provide information, products, processes and services across all economic sectors.
- The Indian biotech industry is aligned around five major segments: BioPharma, BioAgriculture, BioIndustrial, Bio-energy and combined segment of BioServices comprising of BioIT, CROs, and Research Services.
- Bioeconomy is seen as a means to address societal challenges.
- For example, use of bio-mass or renewable resources in energy production processes, use of green chemicals and materials; biofertilizers, waste reduction etc. may impact and have cascading effect on carbon footprint, food and nutrition, health, energy independence, and environmental sustainability.
- New Innovative solutions are expected from Biotech Industry, Research Institutes and growing Biotech Startup ecosystem.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs July 28
7. Cabinet approvedhow many lakh crore revival package for BSNL?
A) 3.78 lakh crore
B) 5.68 lakh crore
C) 1.64 lakh crore
D) 4.19 lakh crore
E) 2.53 lakh crore
Answer: C) 1.64 lakh crore
- Bharat Broadband Network Ltd (BBNL) – the firm that created a fibre network called BharatNet- will be merged with BSNL to boost its infrastructure and support telephony services, Telecom and IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw.
Govt extends Rs 1.64 lakh cr lifeline to BSNL:
- The government approved a Rs 1.64 lakh crore revival package for BSNL, comprising of converting dues into equity, financial support and allocation of spectrum in a bid to turn around the loss-making telecom PSU.
8. Nestle India will acquire pet foods business of Purina Petcare for how many crores?
A) 512.9 cr
B) 465.2 cr
C) 254.6 cr
D) 137.9 cr
E) 123.5 cr
Answer: E) 123.5 cr
- FMCG major Nestle will acquire the pet foods business of Purina Petcare India for Rs 123.5 crore, providing Nestle access to the fast-growing business in the country.
- Both Nestle India and Purina Petcare India are subsidiaries of Swiss major Nestle S.A.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs July 28
9. India has potential to produce how many million tonnes of seaweed?
A) 6.4 million tonnes
B) 9.7 million tonnes
C) 6.1 million tonnes
D) 5.9 million tonnes
E) 3.9 million tonnes
Answer: B) 9.7million tonnes
- India has the potential to produce around 9.7 million tonnes of seaweed per year, as against the paltry 34,000 tonnes it produced last year, according to the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) which has identified 342 potential sites in the country for cultivating marine plants and algae.
- CMFRI, which is affiliated with the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- The global production of seaweed — which comprises various marine plant species and algae — in 2022 was 35 million tonnes so far which was worth around USD 16.5 billion.
- The government has earmarked Rs 640 crore exclusively under the Pradhan Mantri MatsyaSampada Yojana (PMMSY) to promote seaweed culture with a targeted production of more than 11.2 lakh tonnes by 2025.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs July 28
10. Cochin Shipyard delivered country’s first indigenously-made aircraft carrier to Navy,the carrier will be commissioned in which month?
Answer: D) August
- The Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) delivered the country’s first indigenously-built aircraft carrier (IAC-1) to the Indian Navy.
- The CSL, in a press release, confirmed the delivery of the vessel which is the largest warship ever to be built in India having a deep displacement of close to 45,000 tonnes and is also considered as the most ambitious naval vessel project of the country.
- Defence sources, who also confirmed delivery of the vessel to the Navy, told PTI that the official induction and commissioning of the IAC is likely to take place in August.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 28
11. Which of the following country topped inFDI in India?
Answer: A) Singapore
|Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)|
|Data Released by: Ministry of Commerce & Industry|
- As per the UNCTAD World Investment Report 2022, in its analysis of the global trends in FDI inflows, India has improved one position to 7th rank among the top 20 host economies for 2021.
- India is rapidly emerging as a preferred country for foreign investments in the manufacturing sector.
- FDI Equity inflow in manufacturing sectors has increased by 76 per cent in FY 2021-22 ($21.34 billion) compared to the previous FY 2020-21 ($12.09 billion).
12. India and which of the following country targeted to boost bilateral trade to $12 billion in 5 years?
Answer: C) Egypt
- India and Egypt target to increase annual bilateral trade to $12 billion in the next five years from $7.26 billion recorded in the financial year ended March 2022.
- Senior officials of the two countries agreed to boost bilateral trade during the meeting held in Cairo from 25-26 July 2022.
- Officials met at the 5th session of the India-Egypt Joint Trade Committee and the 5th India-Egypt Joint Business Council Meeting 25-26 July 2022 Cairo.
- A five-member delegation from India led by Srikar K Reddy, Joint Secretary, Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry of India, accompanied by Ajit Gupte, Ambassador of India to Egypt, called on NevineGamea, Minister of Trade and Industry, Arab Republic of Egypt, in Cairo on 26 July 2022.
13. Cabinet approved BPCL’s $ 1.6 bn investment plan in which of the following country?
Answer: E) Brazil
- The Union Cabinet gave approval to state-owned Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) to invest an additional USD 1.6 billion in a Brazilian oil block.
- For the development of the BM-SEAL-11 Concession Project in Brazil.
- The block is to start production from 2026-27.
- BPRL has a 40 per cent stake in the block.
- Brazil’s national oil company Petrobras is the operator with 60 per cent stake.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 28
14. Which of the following state will flag off MukhyamantriMahtariNyay Rath Yatra?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Chhattisgarh
- The Chhattisgarh Women Commission will organise ‘MukhyamantriMahtariNyay Rath Yatra’ on the occasion of HareliTihaar festival to make the women of the state aware of their constitutional rights and laws.
- The chariots will travel in all the districts and make people aware about the legal provisions of women and their constitutional rights, through short films, messages and brochures.
Chhattisgarh govt launches scheme to purchase cow urine for making pesticides, organic fertilizers:
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched a scheme, under which the state government started procuring cow urine at a minimum rate of Rs 4 per litre for making pesticides and organic fertilizers.
- Baghel unveiled the scheme at his official residence in the state capital during the celebration of ‘Hareli’, a local agricultural festival.
- As part of the programme, the chief minister sold five litres of cow urine to Nidhi Self Help Group (SHG) based in Raipur’s Chandkhuri.
- Two years back, the state government had launched its flagship ‘GodhanNyay Yojana’, under which it had started buying cow dung from cattle-rearers and farmers at Rs 2 per kg rate.
- The cow urine procurement scheme is expansion of the same programme.
15. PM Modi laid foundation stone of multiple projects at Sabar Dairy in which of the following state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Gujarat
- The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of multiple projects worth more than Rs. 1,000 crores at Sabar Dairy at Gadhoda Chowki, Sabarkantha, Gujarat.
- These projects will empower local farmers and milk producers and increase their income.
- The Prime Minister felicitated beneficiaries of Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme and top women milk producers.
- The dairy sector has been a major contributor to the growth of the rural economy in India and through the launch of technology-driven projects at Sabar Dairy the government will able to support farmers and milk producers and help boost the rural economy.
Ethanol blending with petrol has increased 10 times in 8 years:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that ethanol blending with petrol, which was 40 crore litres before 2014, has now increased to 400 crore litres.
- The blending of ethanol with petrol has also increased the income of farmers.
16. Karmajhiriis declared as Wildlife Sanctuary in which of the following state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Madhya Pradesh
- The Madhya Pradesh government has notified Karmajhiri, a popular safari zone adjacent to the Pench Tiger Reserve in Seoni district, as a new sanctuary.
- This move will strengthen the management of tiger reserves and will also expand the forest space for animals.
- Seoni district’s 1410.420-hectare forest area is included in the new Karmajhiri sanctuary.
17. Which of the following state accounted for highest unspent amount in PM Awas Yojana?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Bihar
- Bihar holds the highest unspent amount in the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana- Gramin (PMAY-G) scheme, at Rs 3,207 crore, while the total unspent amount under the scheme stands at Rs 14,929 crore, Union Minister of State for Rural Development Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti informed the parliament.
18. CESL will set up how many EV charging stations across 16 highways, expressways?
Answer: E) 810
- Convergence Energy Services Ltd (CESL) will set up 810 electric vehicle charging stations across 16 highways and expressways covering 10,275 kilometres across the country.
- CESL, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) under the Ministry of Power has discovered prices for setting up 810 electric vehicle charging stations (EVCSs).
- The selected corridors include busy routes such as the Mumbai-Pune highway, Ahmedabad-Vadodara Highway, Delhi-Agra Yamuna Expressway, Eastern Peripheral Expressway, Hyderabad ORR Expressway, and Agra-Nagpur Highway to name a few.
19. Government will provide 4G mobile services in how many uncovered villages at cost of Rs 26,316 crore?
Answer: B) 24680
- Union Cabinet has approved a project for saturation of 4G mobile services in uncovered villages at a total cost of 26 thousand 316 crore rupees.
- Briefing reporters in New Delhi after the Cabinet meeting in New Delhi, Electronic and IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said, the project will provide 4G mobile services in 24 thousand 680 uncovered villages in remote and difficult areas.
- The project has a provision to include 20 percent of additional villages on account of rehabilitation, new settlements, and withdrawal of services by existing operators.
- He said, in addition, six thousand 279 villages having only 2G and 3G connectivity will be upgraded to 4G.
- The project will be executed by BSNL using Atmanirbhar Bharat’s 4G technology stack and will be funded through Universal Service Obligation Fund.
- Last year Government approved a project for providing 4G mobile services in seven thousand 287 uncovered villages in 44 aspirational districts across five states.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology