Daily Current Affairs July 27
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 2021. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 27 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs July 27
1. 83rd Raising Day of CRPF is observed on which date?
A) July 20
B) July 24
C) July 27
D) July 23
E) July 26
Answer: C) July 27
Genesis of CRPF:
- CRPF is India’s largest Central Armed Police Force, which operates under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- Headquartered in New Delhi, CRPF came into existence as the ‘Crown Representative’s Police’ on 27 July 1939.
- After Independence, it became the Central Reserve Police Force on the enactment of the ‘CRPF Act’ on 28 December 1949, which constituted CRPF as an armed force of the Union.
World Mangrove Day:
- July 27 is World Mangrove Day.
- Each year the day is celebrated on 26th of July, aiming to raise awareness of the importance of mangrove ecosystems as a unique, special and vulnerable ecosystem and to promote solutions for their sustainable management, conservation and uses.
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs July 27
2. Which company has launched a special gold loan scheme with attractive interest rates for vaccinated citizens?
B) Indel Money
Answer: B) Indel Money
- To encourage vaccination against Covid-19, Indel Money has launched a special gold loan scheme with attractive interest rates for vaccinated citizens.
- Indel Money IFC (Indel Money India Fight Against Corona) is offering a gold loan with a one-year tenure, interest rate of 11.5 per cent, full loan to value and zero processing fee.
3. Which Payments Bank is facilitating person-to-merchant (P2M) payments through QR code-based unified payments interface (UPI) solution?
A) Airtel Payments Bank.
B) India Post Payments Bank.
C) Fino Payments Bank.
D) Jio Payments Bank.
E) Paytm Payments Bank.
Answer: C) Fino Payments Bank.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY – Daily Current Affairs July 27
4. Which company Along With SEEDS Launch 2nd Phase Of AI Model To Predict Heat Waves Risks In India?
Answer: E) Microsoft
- Technology giant Microsoft India announced launch of its second phase of an artificial intelligence model ‘Sunny Lives’ for predicting heatwave risks in India in partnership with Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society (SEEDS).
- Last year, the model was successfully tested for cyclones and floods in disaster prone coastal areas in the country.
- ‘Phase II begins with model development for heatwave risks in urban core heatwave zones,’ Microsoft India said in a release. SEEDS will support 1,25,000 at-risk people with pre-emptive disaster warnings in 2021, it said.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs July 27
5. Najib Mikati is appointed as New Prime Minister of which country?
Answer: C) Lebanon
6. Which state has decided to appoint Olympic Silver Medalist Saikhom Mirabai Chanu as Additional Superintendent of Police (Sports) in the Police Department?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Manipur
- In Manipur, the State Government has decided to appoint Olympic Silver Medalist Saikhom Mirabai Chanu as Additional Superintendent of Police (Sports) in the Police Department.
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs July 27
7. Which Edition of Indo-Russia joint military Exercise INDRA 2021 will be held at Volgograd, Russia?
Answer: B) 12
- 12th Edition of Indo-Russia joint military Exercise INDRA 2021 will be held at Volgograd, Russia from 01 to 13 August 2021.
- The exercise will entail the conduct of counter-terror operations under the United Nations mandate by a joint force against international terror groups.
- 250 personnel from both nations will form part of the exercise.
- The Indian Army contingent comprising of a Mechanised Infantry Battalion underwent rigorous training at different locations in India to refine their drills for participation in the joint exercise.
8. Which INS participates in Exercise Cutlass Express 2021 in Mombasa?
A) INS Surat
B) INS Vijay
C) INS Virat
D) INS Vikrant
E) INS Talwar
Answer: E) INS Talwar
- Indian Naval ship Talwar is participating in exercise Cutlass Express 2021, being conducted from July 26 to August 6 along the East Coast of Africa, to improve combined maritime law enforcement capacity, promote national and regional security.
- The 2021 edition of the exercise involves the participation of 12 Eastern African countries, US, UK, India and various international organisations like International Maritime Organisation (IMO), United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), Interpol, European Union Naval Force (EUNAVFOR), Critical Maritime Routes Indian Ocean (CRIMARIO) and EUCAP Somalia.
- Indian Navy is participating in the exercise in a ‘trainer role’.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs July 27
9. Dholavira, a Harappan-era metropolis in which state has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Gujarat
- Dholavira, a Harappan-era metropolis, in Gujarat has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- The ongoing 44th session of the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO has already given India a new world heritage site in the form of Rudreswara/ Ramappa Temple in Telangana, which dates back to the 13th century.
- Gujarat so far has three world heritage sites — Champaner near Pavagadh, Rani ki Vav in Patan, and the historic city of Ahmedabad.
- This session of the World Heritage Committee is being chaired from Fuzhou in China and is being held online.
- It started on July 16 and will end on July 31.
Seven sites added to UNESCO’s World Heritage List:
- The World Heritage Committee added seven sites to UNESCO’s World Heritage List. Four of the sites have been inscribed for their natural attributes: Amami-Oshima Island, Tokunoshima Island, the northern part of Okinawa Island, and Iriomote Island (Japan), Getbol, Korean Tidal Flats (Republic of Korea), Kaeng Krachan Forest Complex (Thailand) and Colchic Rainforests and Wetlands (Georgia).
- Three were listed for their cultural properties, among them one transnational site: Arslantepe Mound (Turkey), Extension of Defence Lines of Amsterdam, henceforth to be known as Dutch Water Defence Lines (Netherlands) and the transnational site of Colonies of Benevolence (Belgium and Netherlands).
10. Which state launched the ‘MyGovUP’ portal, a platform aimed at increasing people’s participation in governance by seeking their opinion on the state government’s schemes?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttar Pradesh
- The https://up.mygov.in/ is a platform to disseminate the schemes of governance and to know the opinion of common citizens on them.
- The platform, launched by the prime minister to realize the spirit of democracy through technology, has played a big role in achieving the goal of good governance in the last seven years.
11. Which state inaugurates ‘Drink-from-Tap’ project in Puri to provide 24 hour quality drinking water?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Odisha
- In a bid to provide 24-hour quality drinking water to every household in Puri, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik virtually inaugurated ‘Drink-from-Tap’ project.
Puri is the first city in the country to implement Drink-from-Tap project.
- As a result, the people of Puri will receive high-quality drinking water directly from the tap.
- There is no need to store or filter drinking water. Only major cities in the world have such facilities.
- This will benefit 2 crore tourists coming to Puri annually along with 2.5 lakh people of Puri.
12. Who inaugurates 2nd Senior National Sqay Championship at Chandigarh University?
A) Narendra Singh Tomar
B) Supriya Sule
C) Arjun Munda
D) Smriti Zubin Irani
E) Shripad Yasoo Naik
Answer: E) Shripad Yasoo Naik
- The sport of Sqay martial arts which is currently part of Fit India movement run by Government of India will soon be part of Khelo India youth games 2021 which are slated to be hosted in the month of November said Shripad Yasoo Naik, Union Minister of State for Ports, Shipping, Waterways & Tourism, Government of India.
- The Union MoS, Shripad Yasoo Naik was speaking during the inauguration ceremony of 2nd Senior National Sqay Martial Arts Championship at Chandigarh University.