Daily Current Affairs June 26
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 26. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 26 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs June 26
1. 22nd Anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas being celebrated across country in which date?
A) July 20
B) July 24
C) July 15
D) July 23
E) July 26
Answer: E) July 26
- 22nd Anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas, is being celebrated across the country July 26.
- The Nation is remembering its war heroes and paying tributes to Martyrs on Kargil Vijay Diwas.
- The day marks the victory of Indian armed forces in Operation Vijay in 1999, when they evicted the infiltrators backed by Pakistani army from high outposts in Kargil sector.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will visit Kargil War Memorial at Drass in Ladakh today and pay homage to the indomitable courage and sacrifice of the Indian Armed Forces during the Kargil Conflict in 1999.
- India is also celebrating Golden Victory of Bangladesh Liberation this year.
- As part of nationwide commemoration of the Golden Victory to Indian Armed Forces in 1971 war, a Victory Flame will be received at War Memorial in Drass around Nine in the morning followed by Kargil Vijay Diwas celebrations.
International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystem:
- UNESCO also celebrates International Day for the Conservation of the Mangrove Ecosystem on July 26 with the aim of raising awareness about mangrove ecosystems and to promote their sustainable management and conservation.
- Whether its efforts pay off or not, the importance of mangrove forests cannot be overestimated.
- Mangrove forests have acted as natural barriers from natural disasters for centuries, and their conservation can only bring a positive effect as climate change continues to take hold.
OBITUARY –Daily Current Affairs June 26
2. Jayanthi passed away. She was related to which field?
Answer: E) Actor
- Veteran Kannada actor Jayanthi, popularly known as Abhinaya Sharadhe, died at her residence in Bengaluru.
- She was 76 when she breathed her last.
- She had done over 500 films in Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi and Hindi.
- From Dr Rajkumar to NTR and MGR, Jayanthi had shared screen space with the likes of legends of Southern cinema.
- Also, for her remarkable contribution, Jayanthi had received several accolades, including the Karnataka State awards and the President’s Medal for Best Actress.
3. T Kikon passed away. He was Minister of which state?
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Nagaland
- Former Nagaland minister T Kikon died at a private hospital in Wokha district after a brief illness.
- He was a member of the Interim Body constituted in February 1961 to function as the de facto assembly before the creation of Nagaland in December 1963.
- Kikon was first elected to Nagaland Legislative Assembly from Bhandari constituency in Wokha district on an NNO ticket in 1964.
- The six-time MLA had served as cabinet minister twice in the governments of Hokishe Sema and JB Jasokie.
4. Steven Weinberg passed away. He won Nobel Prize in which year?
Answer: E) 1979
- Steven Weinberg, a theoretical physicist who discovered that two of the universe’s forces are really the same, for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize, and who helped lay the foundation for the development of the Standard Model, a theory that classifies all known elementary particles in the universe, making it one of the most important breakthroughs in physics in the 20th century, died in a hospital in Austin, Texas.
- In 2015, Dr. Brian Greene, a theoretical physicist at Columbia University, invited Dr. Weinberg to be the inaugural speaker at a new lecture series at the university called “On the Shoulders of Giants.”
- While introducing his guest, Dr. Greene related how, in the early 1980s, he was working at I.B.M. when he was invited to give a lecture at the University of Texas at Austin, where Dr. Weinberg was a professor.
- When he told his boss, John Cocke, a pioneer of computer science, that Dr. Weinberg would be at the talk, Dr. Cocke warned him, “You should know, there are Nobel laureates and then there are Nobel laureates.”
- Dr. Weinberg was in the second category.
- Gauge theory had been developed in the 19th century by James Clerk Maxwell, a British physicist, in his seminal work to explain electromagnetism.
- In the 1950s, it was used by Robert Mills and Chen Ning Yang, a Chinese American physicist, who later won the Nobel Prize, to understand strong-force interactions.
BANKING AND FINANCE – Daily Current Affairs June 26
5. Which Bank announced the launch of an overdraft facility for small retailers in partnership with CSC SPV Known as ‘Dukandar Overdraft Scheme’?
A) Federal Bank
B) DBS Bank India
C) Bank of Baroda
D) RBL Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: E) HDFC Bank
- HDFC Bank today announced the launch of an overdraft facility for small retailers in partnership with CSC SPV.
- Known as ‘Dukandar Overdraft Scheme’, this facility will help shopkeepers and merchants ease their cash crunch.
- Retailers operating for a minimum of three years can avail the overdraft facility by providing 6 months bank statement from any bank.
- Based on the statement, the bank may approve an overdraft limit from a minimum of Rs 50,000 to a maximum of Rs 10 lakhs.
- No collateral security, business financials and income tax returns would be required to apply for this facility.
- Retailers, shopkeepers and village level entrepreneurs are eligible for this facility.
- The bank has simplified the process by minimizing paperwork and time required to avail of the scheme.
- The new scheme has been created keeping in mind the current situation of small traders.
- The upper limit for shops operational for less than 6 years is Rs 7.5 lakhs and Rs 10 lakh for establishments which have been in business for more than 6 years.
- Current Account with overdraft facility is significantly an advantageous service offered by the bank.
- It aids the business owner in terms of cash flow to meet their daily working capital expenses.
- With the overdraft facility available through their Current Account, the account holder can settle the pending payments via cheques or pay-order in a trouble-free manner.
- This avoids a cheque dishonour and preserves the reputation of the business owner.
- Additionally, the RBI has maintained clean overdrafts for a small amount which are permitted at the discretion of the branch manager to the customers whose past dealings have been satisfactory.
- Banks may provide tailor-made schemes or services for every individual customer in this regard who maintains a Current Account with them.
AWARDS – Daily Current Affairs June 26
6. Who has won the prestigious Will Eisner Comic Industry Award?
A) Sathish Radhakrishnan
B) Guna Radhakrishnan
C) Sakthi Radhakrishnan
D) Saran Radhakrishnan
E) Anand Radhakrishnan
Answer: E) Anand Radhakrishnan
- Mumbai-based graphic artist Anand Radhakrishnan, 32, has won the prestigious Will Eisner Comic Industry Award, considered the Oscars equivalent of the comics world.
- The Eisner Awards are given out annually and the award won by Radhakrishnan — Best Painter/Multimedia Artist (interior art) — recognises the creator of a graphic novel’s art and images. Radhakrishnan shares the award with UK-based colourist John Pearson.
- They won for their work on UK-based author Ram V’s 145-page graphic novel Blue In Green, published in October 2020 by Image Comics.
- The Eisner Awards were founded in 1988 by American comics editor Dave Olbrich, in response to the discontinuation of the popular Kirby Awards for comics in 1987.
- The Eisners are named in honour of the pioneering writer and artist Will Eisner.
- The awards are announced each year at the San Diego Comic-Con.
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs June 26
7. UNESCO grants world heritage status to Paseo del Prado and Retiro Park in which country?
Answer: C) Spain
- UNESCO added Madrid’s historic Paseo del Prado boulevard and Retiro Park to its list of world heritage sites.
- The tree-lined Paseo del Prado, in the centre of the Spanish capital, is home to the Prado museum, while Retiro Park, just off the Paseo del Prado, is one of the city’s most visited attractions.
8. Which country is working to develop a social media platform named ‘Jogajog’ as an alternative to Facebook?
Answer: B) Bangladesh
- The Bangladesh government is working to develop a social media platform named ‘Jogajog’ as an alternative to Facebook.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs June 26
9. The Government proposes to set up a National Research Foundation (NRF) to strengthen the research ecosystem in the country. The total proposed outlay of the National Research Foundation is how much amount?
A) Rs 30,000 crore
B) Rs 20,000 crore
C) Rs 10,000 crore
D) Rs 60,000 crore
E) Rs 50,000 crore
Answer: E) Rs 50,000 crore
- The Government proposes to set up a National Research Foundation (NRF) to strengthen the research ecosystem in the country.
- NRF is being envisaged as an umbrella structure that will improve linkages between R&D, academia and industry.
- The total proposed outlay of the National Research Foundation is Rs 50,000 crore over a period of five years.
- One of the main objectives of NRF is to seed, grow and facilitate research at academic institutions, particularly at universities and colleges, where research capacity is currently in a nascent stage.
- It will also fund and support high-impact, large-scale, multi-investigator, multi-institution and, in some cases, interdisciplinary or multi-nation projects in collaboration with relevant Ministries, Departments, and other Governmental and non-Governmental entities, especially industry.
- The Government announced the National Education Policy, 2020 (NEP) on 29-07-2020, after a gap of 34 years.
- The policy envisages transformational changes in the education sector.
- One of the major recommendations in this regard is to promote more and more use of regional languages in education.
- In this regard, the Government has taken a number of steps including:
NEET exam for medical entrance which was being conducted in 11 languages will now be conducted in 13 languages.
- JEE (Main) which was being conducted in 3 languages will now be conducted in 13 languages.
- Technical education in 8 Regional languages in certain AICTE approved institutions from the academic session 2021-2022 on a pilot basis.
- Translation of reference materials for courses of engineering in regional languages under SWAYAM platform, which has been offering online courses in disciplines such as Science, Engineering & Technology, Humanities & Social Sciences, Law, Management etc.
- AICTE handbook (Approval Process Handbook 2021-22) for institutes that wish to apply for running programs in regional languages.
- “AICTE Translation Automation Artificial Intelligence Tool” to translate English language online courses into eleven different languages like Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, Assamese & Odia for access to a more significant number of students in the rural area.
- MOU has been concluded between the Govt of Haryana and AICTE towards publishing 1,000 books in Hindi.
- Student Induction Program (SIP), now a mandatory part of the curriculum for students of the first year in engineering, being delivered in regional language.
10. Which state has launched a programme known as ‘Padhna Likhna Abhiyan’ to educate the population above the age of 15 years of age?
Answer: D) Sikkim
- The Sikkim government has launched a programme known as ‘Padhna Likhna Abhiyan’ to educate the population above the age of 15 years of age.
- Sikkim has joined other States of the country in the mission of Reading & Writing.
- The ‘Sakshar Bharat Abhiyan’ (Literacy Mission ) ,has been renamed as ‘Padhna Likhna Abhiyan-2021’.
- It has been started in Sikkim, but due to COVID-19 Pandemic lockdown, it could gear up only in keeping with the situation ,the progress is yet to be accelerated.
- Since the Schools have been closed, Staff is also not there imparting instructions is not possible.
- Once the situation changes ‘Padhna Likhna’,will be possible.
- Padhna Likna Abhiyan does not need Preraks and Coordinators, like the earlier Adult literacy programme.
- They have been replaced by School Heads of all levels,Teachers and Students.
- School Heads create environment for all involved, including meetings, mobilising Panchayats and local gentry.
- As far as the learning centres are concerned,the Govt Institutions can be used in the morning and evening before and after working hours.
- State Govt has published Books for teaching neo –learners.
- The learners are provided the books, pencils, exercise books, eraser helping them to learn.
- They learn the National Anthem, folk music and dance.
- Students teaching voluntarily are provided Certificates at the end and Appreciation. They get responsibility.
- Literacy rate has been recorded at 81.42 pc.
- The Abhiyan is expected to achieve total literacy in India by 2030.
- However, it will certainly empower women and create sense of responsibility among the students teaching voluntarily.
11. Who launched the ‘Nadi ko Jano’ app during an online webinar organised by the Bharatiya Shikshan Mandal on the occasion of Vyaas Pooja Mahotsav?
A) Agriculture Minister
B) Environment Minister
C) Defence Minister
D) Home Minister
E) Education Minister
Answer: E) Education Minister
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched the ‘Nadi ko Jano’ app during an online webinar organised by the Bharatiya Shikshan Mandal on the occasion of Vyaas Pooja Mahotsav.
12. Govt to set up National Centre of Excellence for Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming & Comics. It will be set up in collaboration with which IIT?
A) IIT Kozhikode
B) IIT Mandi
C) IIT Bombay
D) IIT Hyderabad
E) IIT Madras
Answer: C) IIT Bombay
- The Union Government has decided to set up a National Centre of Excellence for Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics for creating a world-class talent pool in India to cater to the Indian as well as global industry.
- It will be set up in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
13. President Kovind lays wreath at Dagger War Memorial in which state/UT?
D) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: D) Jammu and Kashmir
- President Ram Nath Kovind laid a wreath at the Dagger War Memorial in Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir to pay tributes to all soldiers who sacrificed their lives in defending the nation on the occasion of Kargil Vijay Diwas.
14. Who has launched a web based portal to facilitate submission of applications, identification of children eligible to receive support under the ‘PM CARES for Children’ scheme?
A) Agriculture Minister
B) Women and Child Development Minister
C) Defence Minister
D) Home Minister
E) Education Minister
Answer: B) Women and Child Development Minister
- Union Women and Child Development Ministry has launched a web-based portal to facilitate submission of applications, identification of children eligible to receive support under the ‘PM CARES for Children’ scheme.
- The web portal is www.pmcaresforchildren.in.
- The scheme aims to ensure comprehensive care and protection of children who have lost their parents to COVID pandemic, in a sustained manner.
- The module on Child registration and identification of beneficiaries has been made functional.
- PM CARES for Children scheme was announced by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi for supporting children who have lost both parents or legal guardian due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- It enables their wellbeing through health insurance, empower them through education and equip them for self-sufficient existence with financial support of ten lakh rupees on reaching 23 years of age.
- Earlier, the Ministry had asked the Chief Secretaries of all States and Administrators of all Union Territories, to direct the District Magistrates in their States to identify the children eligible for receiving support under the ‘PM CARES for Children’ scheme.
- A dedicated Help desk has been set up for the purpose which is accessible by telephone at 011-23388074 or by email email@example.com.
Union Minister for Women & Child Development to Launch Nation-Wide 24/7 Helpline for Women Affected by Violence:
- The Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt Smriti Zubin Irani will be launching a 24/7 helpline number for women affected by violence.
- The aim of the helpline is to provide round the clock emergency and non-emergency complaints and counseling services to women affected by violence by linking them with appropriate authorities such as police, hospitals, District Legal Service Authority, psychological services and providing information about women related government programmes across the country through a single uniform number.
- The Helpline is in line with several initiatives taken up by the Ministry of WCD and National Commission for Women giving utmost priority to women’s safety.
- The new helpline aims to facilitate integrated range of services for women affected with violence under one roof such as help from police, psycho-social counselling and access to One Stop Centres among other services.
- The helpline will be functional round-the-clock to facilitate help on issues related to violence against women.
- The helpline will function with a team of trained experts.
- Any girl or woman aged 18 years and above can seek help by calling on this Helpline which will be operated from the premises of the National Commission for Women, New Delhi.
- NCW under its statutory mandate has been looking into complaints under various categories of violence/deprivation of women rights from across the country.
- These complaints are received in writing or online through its website www.ncw.nic.in. in.
- The Commission processes complaints to facilitate in providing adequate and expeditious relief to women ensuring suitable redressal of grievances.
- In order to strengthen and expand the complaint platform, the Commission took the initiative to start this Digital Helpline.
- This helpline service has been developed in collaboration with Digital India Corporation, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The helpline will be launched by the Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt Smriti Zubin Irani in the presence of Madam Chairperson Ms Rekha Sharma, Members of the Commission, Shri Indevar Pandey, Secretary, Ministry of Women and Development and Shri Abhishek Singh, MD and CEO, Digital India Corporation.
15. Which Minister is to set up a first-of-its-kind “Centre of Excellence” in the Northeast?
A) Agriculture Minister
B) Women and Child Development Minister
C) Defence Minister
D) Science & Technology Minister
E) Education Minister
Answer: D) Science & Technology Minister
- The Ministry of Science & Technology is to set up a first-of-its-kind “Centre of Excellence” in the Northeast.
- The prestigious project for establishing “Centre for Bio-Resources and Sustainable Development as a Centre of Excellence” was sanctioned by the Department of Biotechnology and is complete for formal inauguration shortly.
- The exact location of the project is at Kimin, district Papum Pare in Arunachal Pradesh and the construction of the new building as well other infrastructure has been completed.
- Built at a cost of nearly Rs. 50 crores, the funding agency is the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
- A delegation from Arunachal Pradesh led by Tapir Gao, Senior Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha, Nabam Rebia, Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha and Bamang Mangha, Chairman of Arunachal Pradesh State Council for Science & Technology today called on Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology, Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh and thanked on their behalf as well as on behalf of the people of Arunachal Pradesh in particular and the people of the entire North Eastern Region in general.
- With the setting up of the Bio-Resource Centre by the Department of Biotechnology, said Dr Jitendra Singh, the entire North Eastern Region will be able to use its fruit and organic food potential to the maximum extent.
- Besides, this will also help in exploring many vast areas and to find hitherto lesser known or unknown new species including diverse habitats and diverse flora.
- This will have a bearing on improving the cultural, social and economic status of the people of the entire North Eastern Region.