Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 25 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. National Parents’ Day is observed on which date?
A) First Sunday of July
B) Second Sunday of July
C) Third Sunday of July
D) Fourth Sunday of July
E) Fifth Sunday of July
Answer: D) Fourth Sunday of July
- National Parents’ Day falls on the fourth Sunday of July, two months after Mother’s Day in May and a month after Father’s Day in June.
- The Parents’ Day celebrations in the United States Day were founded in 1994 under the then President Bill Clinton.
- Although it’s observed across the US, it is not a public holiday.
- On this day each year, Americans recognise outstanding parents, celebrate the teamwork in raising children, and support the role of parental guidance in building a strong, stable society.
- This year it is being marked on July 25
World IVF Day:
- IVF – In Vitro Fertilization
- Louise Brown’s birth is one of the biggest landmarks in the field of infertility treatment.
- Over these 42 years, more than eight million children have been born through various “Assisted Reproductive Techniques” including IVF as well as several other advanced techniques have evolved since then.
- To mark the greatest innovation in the field of reproductive medicine this day, 25th July is celebrated as the World IVF day every year
2. Priya Malik clinched gold at the World Cadet Wrestling Championships in which country?
Answer: C) Hungary
- India grappler Priya Malik clinched gold at the World Cadet Wrestling Championships.
- Malik defeated Kseniya Patapovich 5-0 in the summit clash and as a result, she won a gold medal at the World Cadet Championships in Hungary.
- Priya Malik won in the women’s 73kg weight category and she has given the country another reason to smile as, , weightlifter Mirabai Chanu won a silver medal at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Priya Malik had also won the gold medal in the 2019 edition of Khelo India in Pune and she then went on to clinch gold at the 17th School Games held in Delhi.
- Earlier Tannu had won the title in the 43kg category.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. IFC lends how much amount to HDFC to promote affordable Green Housing Finance?
A) USD 350 million
B) USD 450 million
C) USD 550 million
D) USD 650 million
E) USD 250 million
Answer: E) USD 250 million
- International Finance Corporation (IFC), a private sector investment arm of the World Bank Group, has decided to provide a loan of USD 250 million (about Rs 1,875 crore) to promote affordable green housing finance for low-income borrowers.
- Low and middle-income borrowers will be able to own homes with improved access to finance, thanks to a new investment aiming to boost affordable housing finance in India.
- This partnership with HDFC offers multiple benefits for India, as it can play a leading role in developing the country’s nascent green affordable housing market while delivering jobs and a climate dividend, said Hector Gomez Ang, Regional Director for South Asia at IFC.
- IFC estimates there’s a USD 1.25 trillion investment opportunity in green residential housing in India to the year 2030.
4. Who has been appointed the Director-General of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)?
A) Vasu Kamal
B) Sudhan Kamal
C) Sathish Kamal
D) Nasir Kamal
E) Anand Kamal
Answer: D) Nasir Kamal
- Senior IPS officer Nasir Kamal has been appointed the Director-General of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS).
- Kamal is a 1986-batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved Kamal’s appointment to the post of Director General in BCAS for a tenure up to his superannuation on July 31, 2022.
5. A complex of eight historic clusters of buildings in which country was added to UNESCO list of World Heritage sites?
Answer: B) Italy
- A complex of eight historic clusters of buildings in the northern Italian walled city of Padua was added to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) list of World Heritage sites.
- The decision was made during the UNESCO World Heritage Committee’s 44th session held online and chaired from Fuzhou, China.
- The UNESCO recognized a group of eight religious and secular complexes called “Padua Urbs Picta” within the walls of Padua (the city is called “Padova” in Italian).
- The buildings are home to what UNESCO called “a selection of fresco cycles painted between 1302 and 1397 by different artists for different types of patrons and within buildings of diverse functions.”
6. Who launches Assam Rifles’ Green Sohra Plantation Drive in Shillong?
A) Tribal Affairs Minister
B) Home Minister
C) Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister
D) Women & Child Development Minister
E) Education Minister
Answer: B) Home Minister
- On his two-day trip to the north-east region, Union Home Minister Amit Shah launched Assam Rifles’ Green Sohra Plantation Drive in Shillong and said that the goal in the next 3 years is to plant over 1 million trees in the area and to develop a forest of 1000 hectares.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the Inter-State Bus Terminus (ISBT) at Mawiong near Shillong.
- The construction of the ISBT was funded by the Union Ministry of DoNER and built at a cost of Rs 48.31 crore.
- Shah also inaugurated a cryogenic oxygen plant at Umsawli and visited the paediatric unit at the Covid Stepdown Hospital.
- Besides, the home minister laid the foundation for a multi-facility convention and exhibition centre at North Eastern Space Application Centre (NESAC) in Umiam and held a meeting with the chief ministers of all the Northeastern states on mapping of forest gap areas, expansion of land areas for horticulture development and identification and rejuvenation of wetlands.
- Shah also inaugurated a cryogenic plant at New Shillong Township, which will cater to the needs of hospitals in and around the state capital.
Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah launched the Green Sohra Afforestation Campaign at Sohra (Cherrapunji) on the second day of his Meghalaya visit:
- The Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah, on the second day of his Meghalaya visit, launched the Green Sohra Afforestation Campaign at Sohra (Cherrapunji).
- Shri Amit Shah also inaugurated the Greater Sohra Water Supply Scheme. On this occasion, Minister of DoNER, Shri G. Kishen Reddy, Minister of State for Science & Technology and Department of Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (DoNER), Shri B.L. .Verma, Chief Minister of Meghalaya, Shri Conrad Sangma and senior officials of the Central and State Governments were also present.
- Shri Amit Shah gave the slogan “Evergreen Northeast”, underlining the importance of afforestation and tree plantation.
- The Home Minister said that earlier Cherrapunji used to have rains throughout the year, but due to indiscriminate harvesting in the name of development, the situation has changed.
- He said that an ambitious project to make Cherrapunji green again has started.
- Shri Amit Shah informed that the entire area of Cherrapunji is going to be adopted by Assam Riflesfor the purpose of plantation.
- He said that trees are cut for fuel and other uses, so 80% of the total land will be planted with traditional and long lifespan trees, the remaining 20% will be used for animal feed, ornamental plants and nursery which will meet all the requirements and help reduce the felling of long lifespan trees.
- With this technique, multi-level farming is done and the forest grows 30 times faster and after 3 years it becomes free of maintenance.
- Shri Shah said eco-tourism will be greatly benefited by this, besides tourism of Meghalaya will also get a boost.
7. Health Ministry organised communication awareness workshop with Community Radio Stations from 16 States in partnership with which organization?
Answer: E) UNICEF
- Health Ministry organised communication awareness workshop with Community Radio Stations from 16 States in partnership with UNICEF.
- The thematic session highlighted the need to create meaningful awareness campaigns about COVID Appropriate Behaviour and bust myths surrounding COVID vaccines.
8. The historic Ramappa Temple in Mulugu district in which state is a UNESCO world heritage site?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Telangana
- The historic Ramappa Temple in Telangana’s Mulugu district is a UNESCO world heritage site