Daily Current Affairs July 24
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 24. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 24| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs July 24
1. Income Tax Day is observed on?
A) July 22
B) July 24
C) July 20
D) July 23
E) July 19
Answer: B) July 24
|Date||Day||1st Observed||Edition||Observed By||Theme||Others|
|July 24||Income Tax Day||1860||163rd||Central Board Of Direct Taxes||Income tax was first levied as a duty
in the year 1860 and the authority to
levy I-T came into force on 24th July
To commemorate 150 years of
Income tax in India.
It was introduced in 2010 to
commemorate 150 years of Income
tax in India.
|July 24||International Self-Care Day||2011||International Self-Care Foundation|
Sports – Daily Current Affairs July 24
2. ICC to will host how many major women’s cricket tournaments at annual conference?
Answer: D) 4
- The next four major tournaments in women’s cricket to be held in 2023-2027 would be announced during the annual conference that will start in Birmingham.
- The four major marquee tournaments include two T20 World Cups, one ODI world cup and a T20 Champions Trophy as well.
3. IOA signed MoU with which of the following state or UT for 36th National Games?
B) Jammu and Kashmir
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Gujarat
- The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Gujarat government and the state Olympic body for the joint conduct of the 36th National Games later this year.
- A logo depicting two of the state’s enduring and proud symbols, the Statue of Unity of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and the Gir Asiatic Lion, were also launched on the occasion.
- The 36th National Games are scheduled to be held between September 27 and October 10 in six cities of Gujarat.
- All the 28 states and eight Union Territories of India are set to participate in the Games.
- There will be a total of 36 sports on the roster of the Games.
4. Neeraj Chopra won silver in World Championships, he was ____ Indian to win a medal in the World Championships?
Answer: E) 2nd
- Olympic champion Neeraj Chopra scripted yet another history as he became only the second Indian and first male track and field athlete to win a medal in the World Championships by clinching silver in the javelin throw.
- The legendary long jumper Anju Bobby George was the first Indian to win a medal — bronze — in the World Championships in the 2003 edition in Paris.
|Gold||Anderson Peters of Grenada90.54m|
|Bronze||Jakub Vadlejch of Czech Republic88.09m (Olympic Silver)|
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 24
5. Which of the following country released images of Martian satellite?
Answer: B) China
- China’s Tianwen-1 probe beamed back high-resolution images of Mars’ natural satellite Phobos, marking the second anniversary of the launch.
- Phobos and Deimos are two natural satellites of the red planet.
- Phobos is the larger one with an irregular shape with no atmosphere and the closest satellite to the main star in the solar system.
- The Tianwen-1 operation team seized the timing when the orbiter was close to Phobos and obtained clear images of the satellite in its “full moon” state.
- The Tianwen-1 probe consists of an orbiter, a lander, and a rover.
- On May 15, 2021, it touched down on its pre-selected landing area in Utopia Planitia, a vast Martian plain, marking China’s maiden probe voyage on the planet.
6. WHO declared Monkeypox as global health emergency amid rising cases in how many countries?
Answer: D) 75
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared outbreak of Monkeypox as a global health emergency.
- It came at the end of the second meeting of the WHO’s emergency committee on the virus.
- The classification is the highest alert that the WHO can issue and follows a worldwide upsurge in cases.
- WHO director-general Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said, more than 16,000 cases have now been reported from 75 countries.
- There have been five deaths so far as a result of the outbreak.
- There are only two other such health emergencies at present – the coronavirus pandemic and the continuing effort to eradicate polio.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 24
7. Which of the following government gave green signal to second wildlife sanctuary in Barak Valley?
B) Jammu and Kashmir
E) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Assam
- Home to a multitude of birds and mammals, Assam’s Barak Valley will soon get a second wildlife sanctuary with Governor Jagdish Mukhi approving a proposal for the creation of Barak Bhuban Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The Barak Valley also houses the Borail Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The Barak Bhuban Wildlife Sanctuary will be spread over an area of 320 sq km between the Barak river and the Sonai river.
- Named after the second-largest river in the northeast, the Barak Valley is home to 550 species of birds and 100 species of mammals.
- It comprises three districts — Cachar, Hailakandi and Karimganj.
8. HM Amit Shah inaugurated , laid foundation stone of several development projects worth how many crores in Gandhinagar?
Answer: A) 210
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for various people-centric projects worth Rs 210 crores at Bopal in his parliamentary constituency Gandhinagar.
- Mr Shah dedicated various developmental projects by Amdavad Urban Development Authority (AUDA) at Bopal which include affordable housing project for EWS and water supply Project worth over 77 crore Rupees.
- The water supply Project will provide drinking water to more than 70 thousand people.
- The minister also inaugurated the sports complex in Maninagar which is built at the cost of 10 crores.
- He also participated in tree plantation drive under Mission Million Trees campaign at Ognaj.
- Mr Amit Shah also laid foundation stone for various infrastructure projects in Ahmedabad Gandhinagar.
- Mr Shah who is on two-day visit to Gujarat also inaugurated the birth centenary celebrations of Pramukh Swami Maharaj in Ahmedabad.
9. Which of the following state sent over 40,000 tonnes of relief material to crisis-hit Sri Lanka?
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: E) Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu government dispatched another round of essential items to the economic crisis-hit Sri Lanka, sending over 40,000 tonnes of relief material since May.
- DMK MP Kanimozhi flagged off the third consignment of 16,595 tonnes of the items through the sea route from the VOC Port in Tuticorin in the presence of state minister.
10. CEC LAHDC Kargil inauguratedhow many dayscolorful Ladakh Festival Kargil?
Answer: C) 2
- In Ladakh, CEC LAHDC Kargil Feroz Ahmad Khan Inaugurated the Ladakh Festival Kargil 2022 at Khree Sultan Chow Stadium Bemathang Kargil.
- The festival is organised by Department of Tourism and Culture Kargil UT Ladakh.
- The Festival will be of two days and on 24th the 1st Incredible India Kargil Half Marathon will be held.
Over All Review