Daily Current Affairs July 23
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 23. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 23| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs July 23
1. RuPay credit card-UPI linkage will be operational in how many months?
Answer: E) 2
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) will submit its proposal for linking UPI (Unified Payments Interface) to credit cards on the Rupay network in about 10 days to the Reserve Bank of India.
- Once we get the approval, we should be able to start in two months’ time.
- The Reserve Bank of India, in its June monetary policy meeting, allowed linking of the UPI network to credit cards.
- The central bank had then said that initially the initiative will be launched on the Rupay network and will later be extended to other networks.
- Asbe said that the objective behind the linkage is to expand the market and facilitate smaller credits for the existing 250 million users of the UPI platform.
- Without explicitly clarifying on MDR (merchant discount rates) for credit card UPI payments.
- MDR is the rate at which merchants are charged for accepting payments made via credit cards, debit cards, net banking and digital wallets.
- For wallets and PPI (prepaid payment instruments), the MDR is around 2-3 per cent, whereas transactions made via UPI and debit cards are free of charge.
2. ADB approvedhow many million USD loan to provide safe drinking water in Himachal Pradesh?
Answer: C) 96.3
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $96.3 million loan to provide safe drinking water and improve water supply and sanitation services of Himachal Pradesh, India under the Himachal Pradesh Rural Drinking Water Improvement and Livelihood Project.
- The ADB project will connect 75,800 households to the service, providing uninterrupted water supply to about 370,000 residents across 10 districts.
3. New Development Bank established in which year?
Answer: A) 2015
- The New Development Bank (NDB) is celebrating its seventh anniversary with a journey of achievements.
- The Bank – established by the BRICS countries – started its operations in July 2015.
- Over the past seven years, NDB has evolved from a start-up to a major provider of development solutions.
- It operates in countries that exhibit great economic dynamism and have a strong demand for infrastructure.
- NDB recently completed its initial capitalization of USD 10 billion of equity contributed by founding members.
- Since its foundation, the Bank has approved nearly USD 32 billion for infrastructure and sustainable development projects in four continents.
- The Bank has become an agile, lean, modern and fit-for-purpose institution.
- NDB’s project portfolio features investments in areas such as clean energy, urban mobility, water, sanitation, transport, social and digital infrastructure.
- Projects supported by NDB will help build or upgrade 15,700 km of roads, 850 bridges and 260 km of rail transit networks.
- This is larger than the diameter of planet Earth.
- They are also expected to avoid 13 million tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions per year and increase drinking water supply capacity by 209,000 m3/day, among a range of other development results.
- Over 20 per cent of project approvals are denominated in local currencies, helping clients to mitigate foreign-exchange risk and supporting the development of domestic capital markets.
- In 2016, only about one year after starting operations, NDB made its inaugural bond issuance – a Green Financial Bond of RMB 3 billion.
- NDB was the first international financial institution to issue such instrument in China’s Interbank Bond Market.
- The Bank has since then raised over USD 10 billion in domestic and international capital markets, including the first-ever SDG bond following the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) SDG Impact Standards.
- In 2021, NDB admitted Bangladesh, Egypt, United Arab Emirates and Uruguay as new members.
- They add over 280 million people that can benefit from NDB’s mission, while strengthening the Bank’s global outreach.
- Also in 2021, the Bank moved to its permanent headquarters, a modern architectural landmark located in Shanghai.
- The recently approved 2022-2026 General Strategy aims at providing USD 30 billion over the next five years.
- Over this period, NDB will expand operations with the private sector, multiply development impact and direct 40 per cent of its approvals to climate change mitigation and adaptation.
4. RBI imposed how many lakhs penalty on Suryoday Small Finance Bank?
Answer: B) 57.75
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 57.75 lakh on Suryoday Small Finance Bank for non-compliance with norms related to fraud classification.
- This action is based on deficiencies in regulatory compliance and is not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by the bank with its customers.
Imposes restrictions on four cooperative banks:
- These four banks include Saibaba Janata Sahakari Bank in Maharashtra, The Suri Friends’ Union Co-operative Bank Ltd at Suri in West Bengal along with two banks from Uttar Pradesh including United India Co-operative Bank Limited, Bijnor and National Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd, Bahraich.
- A depositor of Saibaba Janata Sahakari Bank cannot withdraw more than 20,000 rupees from the bank while the withdrawal limit for The Suri Friends’ Union Co-operative Bank is 50,000 rupees.
- In the case of National Urban Co-operative Bank, the limit of withdrawal has been capped at 10,000 rupees per customer.
- The RBI has also imposed several restrictions on United India Co-operative Bank Limited, Bijnor, including a ban on withdrawals of funds by customers.
- The directions issued by the RBI to these four cooperative banks under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, will remain in force for six months.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs July 23
5. How many numbers of startups are there in India in June,2022?
Answer: D) 72993
- The total number of recognised startups in India rose from 471 in 2016 to 72,993 as on 30th June 2022, helped by proactive government interventions, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Som Parkash.
- Startups and the entire technology ecosystem are the engines of growth for any country.
- Recognising this aspect, the Government launched Startup India initiative on 16th January 2016 with an aim to build a stronger ecosystem for nurturing India’s startup culture that would further drive our economic growth, support entrepreneurship, and enable large-scale employment opportunities.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs July 23
6. UpGradbought Harappa Education for how many crores?
Answer: A) 300
- Edtech major upGrad announced the acquisition of Harappa Education at Rs 300 crore.
Harappa has an active clientele of 100 mid and large-sized organisations, and will clock Rs 75 crore revenue this year.
- upGrad closed the transaction with Harappa shareholders -Bodhi Tree Systems and Co-Founders Pramath Raj Sinha and Shreyasi Singh.
- They will join the upGrad Cap table.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs July 23
7. Volkswagen CEO Herbert Diess to step down,where is the headquarters of Volkswagen?
Answer: C) Germany
- Company: Volkswagen CEO
- Appointed: Oliver Blume (Porche)
- Succeeded: Herbert Diess
Awards – Daily Current Affairs July 23
8. ‘Waris Shah International Award’ given by Punjabi Virsa,it belongs to which country?
Answer: E) Pakistan
- Award: Waris Shah International Award
- To: Poet Dr Surjit Singh Patar, Late singer Shubhdeep Singh alias Sidhu Moosewala and Writer Harjinder Pal
- By: Punjabi Virsa(Pakistan-based organisation of the Punjabi literary community)
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs July 23
9. Faridkot will grow 50 community forests to mark 50 years as district,it is located in which of the following state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Punjab
- The Faridkot administration of Punjab has started a campaign to grow 50 community forests in the district with participation of farmers and village panchayats to increase its green cover.
- The initiative has been dedicated to the 50 years of Faridkot as a district, completing next month.
- Faridkot, which was named after Sufi saint Baba Farid, was created as a district on August 7, 1972.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 23
10. Female climbers from Pakistan and which of the following country became first women mountaineers to climb the summit of K2?
Answer: D) Iran
- A Pakistani female mountaineer and another from Iran scripted history by becoming the first women from their countries to scale the summit of the mighty and treacherous K2, the second-highest mountain peak in the world, a mountaineering official.
- At 7.42 am local time, Samina Baig, 31, completed the ascent to the top of K2, an imposing 8,611-metre-tall mountain situated on the Karakoram Range, KararHaidri of the Alpine Club of Pakistan.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 23
11. Second Jammu Film Festival will screen 54 films, documentaries from how many countries?
Answer: E) 15
- The second edition of the Jammu Film Festival will be held over 2 days from September 3 in Jammu city.
- It will screen 54 projects from 15 countries including feature films, documentaries, and shorts.
- We received around 140 entries from 21 countries and our panel of judges has carefully curated screenings for the second edition which include the screening of 6 feature films, 39 shorts and 9 documentaries.
- It was perhaps the first big event after the abrogation of article 370 to be held in J&K.
- Jammu film festival is being organized by Vomedh which is a very prominent cultural organization of J&K.
12. ONGC inked gas sale agreements for Khubal field in which of the following state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Tripura
- The ONGC has inked gas sale agreements with GAIL India and Assam Gas Company Ltd (AGCL) to monetise its upcoming field at Khubal in North Tripura district.
- Under the agreement, the GAIL and AGCL will receive 50,000 standard cubic metre of gas each from Khubal Gas Gathering Station (GGS).
- Once it starts production, Khubal will be the tenth producing field of ONGC in Tripura.
Khubal GGS will have a capacity to process 0.44 MMSCMD (4,40,000 standard cubic meters) of gas for which the process of construction has already been started.
13. Kejriwal announced ‘free’ Spoken English programme in Delhi,what is the refundable deposit amount?
A) Rs 1000
B) Rs 950
C) Rs 500
D) Rs 1500
E) Rs 2500
Answer: B) Rs 950
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced a “free” Spoken English programme for youngsters with an aim to enhance their communication skills and help improve their job prospects.
- The programme can be availed by people falling into the age group of 18 and 35, with a deposit amount of Rs 950.
- This amount will be refunded after the successful completion of the course.
- The programme will be conducted by Delhi Skill Entrepreneurship University.
14. Which of the following state health budget doubled in 3 years?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Odisha
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said that the state health budget has doubled in the past three years as his government was committed to providing universal access to quality medical services.
- The budget provision during the 2019-20 financial year was more than Rs 6,800 crore and it rose to over Rs 12,000 crore this fiscal.
- This is more than six per cent of the state plan.
15. Govt releasedhow many crores to states for promotion of exports under TIES scheme?
Answer: C) 206
- The central government has released Rs 206 crore to states for the promotion of exports under the Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES) initiative, which was introduced in the financial year 2017-18, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Anupriya Patel.
- The Department of Commerce, Government of India is implementing the Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES) w.e.f. FY 2017-18 with the objective of assisting Central and State Government agencies in the creation of appropriate infrastructure for the growth of exports.
- Under the scheme, financial assistance in the form of grant-in-aid is provided to Central/State Government owned agencies (or their Joint Ventures with major stake-holding by them) for setting up or upgrading export infrastructure in States/UTs.
- The scheme can be availed by States through their implementing agencies, for infrastructure projects with significant export linkages like Border Haats, Land customs stations, quality testing and certification labs, cold chains, trade promotion centres, export warehousing and packaging, SEZs and ports/airports cargo terminuses.
- Under the TIES, financial assistance for 27 export infrastructure projects has been approved during FY 2019-20 to 2022-23 (till 19th July 2022), the minister said.
- The total approved amount stands at Rs 206.904 crore.
16. NITI Aayog launched how many initiatives to boost electric mobility?
Answer: A) 2
- NITI Aayog launched two significant initiatives — E-AMRIT (Accelerated e-Mobility Revolution for India’s Transportation) mobile application to raise awareness on electric mobility and, the Report on Advanced Chemistry Cell Battery Reuse and Recycling Market in India, during the visit of COP 26 President Alok Sharma to India on 21-22 July 2022.
- India is among 42 leaders to back and sign up for the UK’s Glasgow Breakthroughs, launched at the COP26 climate summit.
- India is also a co-convener of the Glasgow Breakthrough on Road Transport, together with the UK and the US.
- The Breakthrough on Road Transport aims to make Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEVs) – including 2&3-wheelers, cars, vans and Heavy-Duty Vehicles the new normal by making them affordable, accessible and sustainable in all regions by 2030.
- The e-AMRIT app offers users key information like engagement tools that enable them to assess benefits of electric vehicles, determine savings and get all the information on developments in the Indian electric vehicle market and industry at their fingertips.
- The mobile app, which will be available on Google Playstore in android version, is a follow-up to the e-AMRIT.
17. India’s doctor-population ratio better than WHO standard of 1: ____?
Answer: E) 1000
- The Government said the doctor-population ratio in the country is better than the standards set by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- In a written reply to the Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Dr Bharati Pravin Pawar said the doctor-population ratio in the country is 1:834 whereas WHO standard is 1:1000.
- The Minister said as per the National Medical Commission, there are 13 lakh 8 thousand 9 registered allopathic doctors besides 5 lakh 65 thousand AYUSH doctors.
- The Minister said there are over 34 lakh registered nursing personnel and 13 lakh allied and healthcare professionals in the country.
18. Burhanpur became first certified Har Ghar Jal district of the country, it is located in which of the following state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Madhya Pradesh
- Burhanpur is the only district in the country where all people from each of 254 villages have access to safe drinking water through taps.
- Only 36.54 percent of over one lakh households in Burhanpur had potable drinking water through tap connections at the time of the launch of Jal Jeevan Mission on 15th August 2019.
- Despite various disruptions and challenges in face of the COVID-19 pandemic, the consistent efforts by Panchayat representatives, Pani Samitis and district officials of Burhanpur have led to the provision of functional tap water connections to all its 1 lakh 1 thousand 905 rural households within a span of 34 months.
- In addition to the households, all 640 schools, 547 Anganwadi centers and 440 other public institutions now also have tap connections.
- The 440 public institutions include 167 Gram Panchayats, 50 healthcare centers, 109 community centers, 45 ashramshalas, 2 community toilets and 67 other government offices.
19. Which of the following state approved Rs 992 crore to build 6,600 new classrooms in schools?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Karnataka
- The department of public education approved Rs 992.16 crore for the construction of 6,601 new classrooms in primary schools and high schools in Karnataka for the academic year 2022-23.
- A statement by the department of education stated that 3,616 classrooms will be built in government higher primary schools at a cost of Rs 13.90 lakh each and 2,985 classrooms in government high schools will be built at a cost of Rs 16.40 lakh each.
- Further, the funds will also be used to construct over 1,500 classrooms in pre-university (PU) colleges.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology