Daily Current Affairs July 25
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 25. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 25| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs July 25
1. World In vitro Fertilization (IVF) Day is observed on?
A) July 25
B) July 22
C) July 24
D) July 21
E) July 23
Answer: A) July 25
|Date||Day||1st Observed||Edition||Observed By||Theme||Others|
|July 25||World In vitro Fertilization (IVF)Day World Embryologist Day||2017||Louis Joy Brown, born on 25 July 1978, was the first woman to be born after conception using IVF. To commemorate the birth of the ‘First IVF baby|
Sports – Daily Current Affairs July 25
2. Which edition ofKhelo India Fencing Women’s League held at Talkatora Indoor Stadium?
Answer: C) 1st
- The 1stKhelo India Fencing Women’s League will start at the Talkatora Indoor Stadium, New Delhi.
- A total of one crore 54 lakh has been sanctioned by the Sports Authority of India over the conduct of the league.
- The prize money for each phase has been earmarked at over 17 Lakh rupees
Over 300 women across twenty states have registered to participate in the event.
- Tokyo Olympian and Target Olympic Podium Scheme athlete Bhavani Devi (Tamil Nadu) will be a participant in the league in the Senior Category Sabre event.
- It will be held across three phases.
- While the first and second phases are scheduled to be held in New Delhi, the final phase will take place in Patiala.
- The league stage will be followed by Direct Elimination between the top-ranked players of the league stage as per the International Fencing Federation norms.
- Also, alongside the Khelo India Fencing Women’s League, the Talkatora Stadium will be having a FAI Ranking tournament for men on the aforementioned dates.
- The Khelo India Fencing Women’s League is yet another endeavour by the Khelo India’s Sports for Women component, which takes the most necessary steps to power more female participation in a wide array of sports competitions.
3. Motor racing-Verstappen won French Grand Prix it is his ___ victory in his career?
Answer: E) 27th
Overall Ranking in 2021:
|French Grand Prix|
|Gold||Max Verstappen (Red Bull)||7th in this season and 27th in his career 2021- 1st|
|Silver||Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)||2021 – 2nd|
|Bronze||George Russell (Mercedes)|
4. World record of maximum live games in Open Rapid Chess Tournament created in which of the following state?
B) Tamil Nadu
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Tamil Nadu
- The Curtain Raiser Rapid Rating Chess tournament was conducted in the same hall that will host the 44th Chess Olympiad at Mamallapuram.
- It attracted 1,414 entries and created a World record by becoming the largest open ever where all the games were played on electronic boards.
- GM Vishnu Prasanna of Tamil Nadu was the highest-rated player in the fray and justified the top billing by notching a fantastic 9/9 in this Swiss League event which carried a prize purse of Rs 5,00,000.
- This tournament is supposed to serve as a dress rehearsal for the Chess Olympiad scheduled from July 28 to August 10.
5. Shai Hope became ____ West Indies player to hit century in 100th ODI?
Answer: D) 4th
- West Indies batter Shai Hope became the tenth batter to score a century in his 100th ODI.
- The stylish West Indies opener achieved this accomplishment during the second ODI against India at Queens’ Park Oval at Port of Spain.
- He is also the fourth West Indies batter to do so.
- He has joined the company of players like Gordon Greenidge, Chris Cairns, Mohammad YousufKumar Sangakkara, Chris Gayle, Marcus Trescothick, RamnareshSarwan, David Warner and Shikhar Dhawan, who have scored centuries in their 100th ODI.
Business and Economy- Daily Current Affairs July 25
6. US-based Panattoniwill invest how many million USD on building 4 logistics parks in India?
Answer: A) 200
- The US-based Panattoni will invest USD 200 million (around Rs 1,597 crore) in India to develop four industrial and logistics parks across major cities as it sees huge growth potential amid rising demand for warehouses.
- Panattoni, a global leader in industrial & logistics real estate development, has debuted in the Asian market with its entry in India.
- The Indian venture, Panattoni India Development Pvt Ltd, is headquartered in Bengaluru.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs July 25
7. Commodore J S Dhanoatook over as Commanding Officer of INS Valsura in which of the following state?
B) Tamil Nadu
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Gujarat
|Company/Country/ State/Organisation/ Financial Institute||Appointed||Succeeded||Tenure Period||Others|
|Commanding Officer of the Indian Naval Ship Valsura||Commodore JS Dhanoa||Commodore Gautam Marwaha||A premier electrical training establishment of the Indian Navy at Jamnagar in Gujarat. INS Valsura started as a Torpedo Training School in 1942over 600 acres of area in Jamnagar district.|
|Press attache (India) Commonwealth Games||Annesha Ghosh||Sandeep Mehta|
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs July 25
8. SpaceX Falcon 9 launched 53 Starlink internet satellites to orbit it is company’s ____ mission in this year?
Answer: E) 33rd
- SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket launched 53 Starlink internet satellites to orbit, completing the company’s sixth mission of this month and the 33rd launch of this year.
- The Falcon 9 rocket lifted off at 9:38 a.m. ET from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
- According to the company, this was the eighth flight for the Falcon 9 first stage booster supporting this mission, which previously launched GPS III Space Vehicle 04, GPS III Space Vehicle 05, Inspiration4, Ax-1, Nilesat 301, and now three Starlink missions.
- Starlink is available in 36 countries around the world.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 25
9. Which of the following country launched second of three space station modules?
C) South Korea
Answer: B) China
- China launched the second of three modules needed to complete its new space station.
- The uncrewed craft, named Wentian, was propelled by a Long March 5B rocket at 2:22 pm (0622 GMT) from the Wenchang launch centre on China’s tropical island of Hainan.
- Beijing launched the central module of its space station Tiangong — which means “heavenly palace” — in April 2021.
- Almost 18 metres (60 feet) long and weighing 22 tons (48,500 pounds), the new module has three sleeping areas and space for scientific experiments.
10. Wasifa Nazreen climbed world’s second highest peak K2, she belongs to which of the following country?
C) South Korea
Answer: D) Bangladesh
- Mountaineer Wasifa Nazreen became the first Bangladeshi to scale the second highest mountain peak K2 in Pakistan.
- She climbed the 8611 metres or 28,251 feet high K2 mountain peak and returned to the base camp.
- A summit is technically complete when the climber returns back to the base camp from the peak.
- Wasifa Nazreen climbed Mount Everest in 2012.
- She is the second woman from Bangladesh to do so.
- 1st Nishat Mazumdar 2012.
11. India contributedhow many million USD to UN RWA for Palestine refugees?
Answer: A) 2.5
- India contributed USD 2.5 million to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA).
- Director of the West Asia and North Africa Division of the Indian Ministry of External Affairs, Sunil Kumar presented the cheque of USD 2.5 million to the UNRWA Director of Partnerships of the Department of External Relations, Karim Amer in a signing ceremony at UNRWA headquarters in East Jerusalem on July 22.
- India is a dedicated donor to UNRWA, having given USD 20 million in support of core UNRWA services to Palestine refugees across the Middle East since 2018.
- The UNRWA, which was established as a humanitarian agency in 1949, is fully funded through voluntary contributions and grants from donor countries.
- The agency was mandated to provide assistance and protection for about 5.6 million Palestinian refugees registered in the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and refugee camps in Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan.
- The UNRWA services for Palestinian refugees involve education, health care, relief, infrastructure, camp improvement, protection and microfinance.
- In January, the UNRWA announced that it needs 1.6 billion US dollars from the international community in 2022 to cover expenses and provide services and humanitarian development programs for Palestinian refugees.
12. Bavarian Nordic monkeypox vaccine won EU approval it belongs to which of the following company?
Answer: C) Danish
- Danish biotechnology company Bavarian Nordic said the European Commission had given permission for its Imvanex vaccine to be marketed as protection against monkeypox, as recommended last week by the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 25
13. Which of the following state government will introduce new youth policy on January 12?
B) Tamil Nadu
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Madhya Pradesh
- Inaugurating the state-level Youth Panchayat, which marked the 116th birth anniversary of the country’s freedom struggle hero Chandrashekhar Azad, in Bhopal, the CM said the state will have its new youth policy.
- The new youth policy will be implemented across the state on Swami Vivekananda’s birth anniversary (National Youth Day) on January 12.
- He also announced the commencement of the recruitment for one lakh government jobs in the state.
- The process would begin on August 15.
- Moreover, two lakh youth will be linked to self-employment scheme every month.
14. Historic Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Island handover to A&N Admin for larger development of tourism,the island was renamed in which year?
Answer: B) 2018
- The Andaman and Nicobar Command handed over historic Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Island to Andaman & Nicobar Administration for the larger development of tourism and infrastructure growth of the island.
- The official ceremony was held today at Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Island where Commander-in-Chief of A&N Command Lt. General Ajai Singh symbolically handed over the administrative control of the island to Dy. Commissioner, South Andaman Suneel Anchipaka.
- For security and defence purposes, a Naval Post was set up there.
- The Lt. General further added that NITI Ayog and Island Development Agency has taken several initiatives to develop these Islands under Act East Policy in the last few years.
- The island has been under Administrative Control of INS Jarwa since 1967.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Island had been Administrative headquarters of British rule in the islands till the Japanese occupied it in 1942.
- The island had Chief Commissioner Bungalow and other structures which got damaged during Second World War.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose also stayed on the island during his visit to Andaman and Nicobar in 1943.
- In October 2021, when Union Home Minister on his visit to Andaman and Nicobar Islands stated that in near future, we are going to develop this island too and will build a grand memorial for Netaji at the same place (at Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Island).
- The island is situated three kilometers away from Port Blair. Prime Minister Narendra Modi renamed it Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Island in December 2018.
- Erstwhile, it was known as Ross Island.
- The island is a tourist spot and opens for the public.
- The island has more than 500 deers and 120 peacocks.
- The island also has a lone sailor statue and a lighthouse on the backside.
- It is India’s first solar lighthouse.
15. Which of the following state/UT conducted Digital Week celebrations?
D) Jammu and Kashmir
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Jammu and Kashmir
- To avail various e-services provided by different Government departments, the Jammu and Kashmir government has invited citizens to be a part of Digital Mela at Kala Kendra at Jammu from July 25 to July 27.
- To avail various e-services provided by different Government departments, be a part of #DigitalMela at Kala Kendra #Jammu from 25th of July to 27th of July (10:00 AM to 05:00 PM) @diprjk.
- The citizens would be imparted awareness about online services like Aap Ki Zameen Aap Ki Nigrani, Aap ka Mobile Hamara Daftar (UMANG), e-UNNAT, DigiLocker etc.
16. Nitin Gadkari inauguratdSavner-Dhapewada-Goundkhairi section of NH 547-E in Nagpur, what is the length of the road?
A) 28.88 km
B) 25.55 km
C) 26.66 km
D) 24.44 km
E) 23.33 km
Answer: A) 28.88 km
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the 4-lane Savner-Dhapewada-Goundkhairi section of National Highway 547-E in Nagpur.
- According to the Ministry of Road Transport amd Highways, with a length of 28.88 km, the section of the highway is built at a cost of Rs 720 crore.
- The new 4-lane bridge over the Chandrabhaga river.
17. Savita Kanswalbecame the first woman in India to successfully climb Mt. Everest and Mt. Makalu in how many days?
Answer: C) 16
- Savita Kanswal, a 26 years old girl from Lonthru Village, Uttarkashi (Uttarakhand), has become the first woman in India who has successfully climbed Mt. Everest and Mt. Makalu in just 16 days.
- Even she climbed Mt. Lhotse becoming the first woman from Uttarakhand and second from India to climb successfully.
- Mt Everest
- 1st Indian – Avatar Singh Cheema (1965) 16th in world
- 1st Women – Bachendri Patel (1984)
18. Who among the following minister announced No extension in deadline for registration of medical devices?
A) Home Minister
B) External Affairs Minister
C) Prime Minister
D) Finance Minister
E) Health Minister
Answer: E) Health Minister
- The majority of the medical devices in India will come under the licensing regime from October 1 as notified by the central government, with Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya refusing to relax the deadline for compulsory registration.
- According to official sources, the government has received several representations from manufacturers and their associations seeking an extension of the October 1 deadline for registration of Class A-low risk and Class B-low to moderate risk medical devices.
- He also ordered the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation to assist manufacturers who have not yet applied for registration.
- As per the rules, unregistered devices will not be deemed authorized and manufacturers may face penal action.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Science and Technology