Daily Current Affairs July 22
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 22. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 22| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs July 22
1. World Brain Day is observed on?
A) July 21
B) July 19
C) July 22
D) July 24
E) July 23
Answer: C) July 22
|Date||Day||1st Observed||Edition||Observed By||Theme||Others|
|July 22||World Brain Day||2014||Brain Health for all||World Federation of Neurology, London, UK 22 July 1957 President Prof. Wolfgang Grisold.|
Sports – Daily Current Affairs July 22
2. BCCI announced Asia Cup tournament in T-20 format to be held in which of the following country?
A) Saudi Arabia
Answer: E) UAE
- Board of Control for Cricket in India, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly has confirmed that the Asia Cup, which was scheduled to be held in Sri Lanka, would be played in the UAE.
- Asia Cup is slated to be held from the 27th of next month to the 11th of September and will be played in the T-20 format.
3. Indian students won how many medals in International Olympiads?
Answer: A) 24
- Indian students bagged three Gold, sixteen Silver, and five Bronze medals in various international Olympiads in Mathematics, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
- While the Mathematics Olympiad was held in Norway and Biology Olympiad in Armenia, the other two, hosted by Switzerland and China, were held virtually.
- In the International Mathematical Olympiad, (IMO) the Indian team got one gold and five bronze medals.
- Pranjal Srivastava scored a hat trick with his 3rd consecutive Gold medal at the IMO.
- He is the first Indian to win 3 Gold medals at the IMO.
- In the International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) all five students who participated in the competition won medals.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs July 22
4. Adani became ____ richest person in world according to Forbes Real-Time Billionaires list?
Answer: B) 4th
|Forbes’ Real-Time Billionaires List|
|1||Tesla’s Elon Musk||$248.7 billion|
|2||LVMH’s Bernard Arnault||$156.5 billion|
|3||Amazon’s Jeff Bezos||$148.8 billion|
|4||Gautam Adani||$116.3 billion|
|5||Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates||$104.7 billion|
|10||RIL’s Mukesh Ambani||$90 billion|
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs July 22
5. What is the GDP predicted by the Asian Development Bank for 2022-23?
Answer: D) 7.2%
- The Asian Development Bank has reduced India’s Gross Domestic Product estimate for the current financial year 2022-23 to 7.2 per cent from its earlier projection of 7.5 per cent, citing higher-than-expected inflation will erode consumers’ purchasing power.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs July 22
6. DroupadiMurmu became ____ president of India?
Answer: A) 15th
|Company/Country/ State/Organisation/ Financial Institute||Appointed||Succeeded||Others|
|15th President of India
|Droupadi Murmu||Ram Nath Govind||first tribal woman and the second woman to hold the position of President of India. 9th Governor of Jharkhand (1st women) 2015-2021 Odisha Fishery Minister 2002-2004|
|Awfis Deputy CEO||Sumit Lakhani||Previously, Sumit was the chief sales and marketing officer at Awfis and has been a crucial part of the company since it’s inception in 2015.|
|GoKwik chief customer officer||Amitt Sharma||MoEngage, where he led customer success and implementation in addition to fine-tuning the overall expansion strategy for South East Asia and ANZ during his stint.|
|15th Prime Minister of Sri Lanka||Dinesh Gunawardena||Ranil Wickremesinghe||Ranil Wickremesinghe was sworn in as the eighth President of Sri Lanka|
7. Who among the following quits from HDFC Asset Management Company as Chief Investment Officer?
A) Rajesh Jain
B) Rakesh Sharma
C) Prashant Jain
D) Prashant Sharma
E) Vikram Jain
Answer: C) Prashant Jain
- HDFC Asset Management Company said its chief investment officerPrashant Jain has quit the company after 19 years.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs July 22
8. Who among the following won best actor in National Film Awards 2022?
C) Ram Charan
D) Sharukh Kahn
Answer: E) Surya
|National Film Awards 2022|
|Best Feature Film||Soorarai Pottru|
|Best Direction||Sachidanandan KR for AyyappanumKoshiyum|
|Best Actor||Ajay Devgn for Tanhaji and Suriya for SooraraiPottru|
|Best Actress||Aparna Balamurali for Soorarai Pottru|
|Best Supporting Actress||Lakshmi Priyaa Chandramouli for Sivaranjaniyum Innum Sila Pengallum (Tamil)|
|Best Supporting Actor||Biju Menon for AK AyyappanumKoshiyum (Malayalam)|
|Best Costume||Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior|
|Best Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment||Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior|
|Special Mention||June (Marathi)|
|Best Hindi Film||Toolsidas Junior|
|Best Haryanvi Film||Dada Lakhmi|
|Best Telugu Film||Colour Photo|
|Best Assamese Film||Bridge|
|Best Kannada Film||Dollu|
|Best Tulu Film||Jeetige|
|Best Malayalam Film||Engagement on One Day|
|Best Lyrics||Manoj Muntashir for Saina|
|Best Male Playback Singer||Rahul Deshpandey|
|Best Female Playback Singer||Nanchamma|
|Best Choreography||Sandhya Raju for Natyam (Telugu)|
|Best Music Direction||Thamam S for Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo (Telugu)|
|Best Background Music||GV Prakash for SooraraiPottru|
|Best Costume Designer||Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior|
|Best Makeup Artist||TV Rambabu for Natyam|
|Best Production Design||Kappela (Malayalam)|
|Best Editing||SivaranjaniyumInnumSilaPengallum (Tamil)|
|Best Child Artist||Anish Mangesh Gosavi for Tak-Tak, Akanksha Pingle and DivyeshIndulkar for Sumi|
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs July 22
9. India’s installed wind energyof how much MW?
Answer: B) 40788
- India’s installed capacities of wind and solar energy projects were at 40,788 MW and 57,705 MW, respectively, till June-end this year, Minister of State BhagwanthKhuba informed the Lok Sabha.
- India has set a target of having 175 GW of renewable energy capacity, including 100 GW of solar and 60 GW of wind energy, by 2022.
- Solar power projects totaling 57,705.70 MW, including over 6,000 MW in rooftop solar installations, have been installed as of June 30, 2022.
- Electricity generation from renewable energy sources (including large hydro) has increased from 227.96 Billion Units (BU) in the year 2017-18 to 322.53 BU in the year 2021-22 in the country.
- The minister further said that as against the target of achieving 175 GW of renewable energy, excluding large hydro installed capacity by 2022, a total of 114.07 GW renewable energy capacity (excluding large hydro) has been installed in the
country by June-end 2022.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs July 22
10. Indian Army flagged off Motor Bike expedition to mark ____ years of Kargil War victory?
Answer: D) 23
- To commemorate 23 years of victory over Pakistan in Kargil War of 1999 and to celebrate the spirit of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’, the Army Motor Bike expedition from New Delhi to the Kargil War Memorial at Dras in Ladakh was flagged off from Pathankot in Punjab.
- AIR correspondent reports that Zojila Pass Axis Rally team passed through Kathua, Samba, Jammu, Nagrota, and reached Udhampur in the afternoon.
- The rally was flagged off by Vice Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General B. S. Raju from the National War Memorial in New Delhi on 18th of this month.
- The rally intends to spread the message of patriotism and boost the morale of the entire Nation by highlighting the show of grit and determination portrayed by our brave soldiers, deployed in the service of the Nation.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 22
11. Which of the following state approved incentive of Rs 2,400 per acre for maize farmers, Rs 3,600 for pulse growers?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Haryana
- The Haryana government has approved an incentive of Rs 2,400 per acre for farmers growing maize in the state and Rs 3,600 per acre for those growing pulses.
- According to an official statement, state chief secretary Sanjeev Kaushal approved the two packages, which will give a boost to oilseeds and pulses crops in the state.
- Apart from this, Rs 38.50 crore has also been approved for crop diversification.
- The chief secretary said that schemes for crop diversification would be implemented on 50,000 acres of land to promote crops, including maize and pulses, in 10 districts.
- He said that crop rotation will help in preventing exploitation of ground water and improve soil health.
- Kaushal was speaking at a meeting of the State Level Approval Committee under the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
- Projects worth Rs 159 crore were approved in the meeting.
- 100 soil testing laboratories are being operated.
- So far, 25 lakh samples have been collected, and training is being given to farmers.
12. Government spent how many croresfor advertisements over last three years?
Answer: C) 911.17
- The government spent Rs 911.17 crore on advertisements in newspapers, television channels and web portals in the past three years, Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur told the Rajya Sabha.
- The advertisements were paid for by the Central Bureau of Communications from financial year 2019-20 till June 2022.
- The government spent Rs 295.05 crore on advertisements in 5,326 newspapers in 2019-20, Rs 197.49 crore in 5,210 newspapers in 2020-21, Rs 179.04 crore in 6,224 newspapers in 2021-22 and Rs 19.25 crore in 1,529 newspapers in 2022-23 (till June).
- During the same period, the government spent Rs 98.69 crore on advertisements in 270 television (TV) channels in 2019-20, Rs 69.81 crore in 318 TV channels in 2020-21, Rs 29.3 crore in 265 news channels in 2021-22 and Rs 1.96 crore in 99 TV channels in 2022-23 (till June).
- On web portals, the government’s spending on advertisements was Rs 9.35 crore on 54 websites in 2019-20, Rs 7.43 crore on 72 websites in 2020-21, Rs 1.83 crore on 18 websites in 2021-22 and Rs 1.97 crore on 30 websites in 2022-23 (till June 2022).
13. Tripura’s GST collection has more than doubled in how many years?
Answer: E) 5
- Tripura Deputy Chief Minister Jishnu Dev Varma said the GST collection in Tripura has more than doubled during the past five years.
- The GST collection (without compensation) has been enhanced from Rs 479.71 crore in 2017-18 FY to Rs 1282.69 crore in 2021-22 FY in the state, he said during a program – Journey with GST – 5 years and road ahead.
14. Nearly 4 lakh 30 thousand youth trained under ESDP scheme in past how many years?
Answer: B) 4
- The government has approved 257 ideas under MSME Idea Hackathon 2022, and reimbursement of 1196 trademarks relating to the MSME sector for financial assistance.
- Minister of State for Micro, Small, and Medium Entrepreneurs (MSMEs) Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma informed the Lok Sabha in a written reply that 186 patents, 53 designs, and 11 Geographical Indications have also been approved for providing financial assistance with an estimated outlay of 34 crore rupees.
- In another written reply, the minister said nearly 4 lakh 30 thousand youth including one lakh 41 thousand women have been trained under the Entrepreneurship and Skill Development programme (ESDP) scheme during the past four years.
- In a written reply to another question, the Minister said Khadi and Village Industries has generated employment of over 3.34 crore persons till march this year under various schemes.
- Lok Sabha passes Indian Antarctic Bill, 2022.
15. How many companies had set up components manufacturing plants across 14 States/UTs?
Answer: D) 61
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal asked White Goods industry to become global champions saying PLI Scheme is meant to give only the initial push in that direction.
- He said Performance Linked Incentive in White Goods is a win-win for India, Industry, and People.
- Mr Goyal was speaking at the high-level DPIIT-FICCI Investor Roundtable on PLI for White Goods in New Delhi.
- He expressed happiness at the success of PLI in White Goods.
- He informed that 61 companies had set up components manufacturing plants pan India at 111 Locations across 14 States and UTs and were generating employment.
- The Minister said that the White Goods Sector with a focus on Airconditioning and LEDs was one of the first sectors which was identified as the low-hanging fruit for encouraging domestic manufacturing.
- Mr Goyal said that during the next 25 years of Amritkaal, India would be a prosperous nation, driving world growth.
16. What is the retirement age for supreme court judge?
Answer: A) 65
- There is no proposal to increase the retirement age of Supreme Court and high court judges, the government informed Rajya Sabha.
- While Supreme Court judges retire at the age of 65 years, judges of the 25 high courts retire at 62 years.
17. Which of the following state CM Launched Scheme for Cashless Medical Benefit for State Employees, Pensioners?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, launched a scheme to provide cashless medical facility to more than 75 lakh people including 22 lakh state government employees, pensioners and their dependents.
- Under the DeenDayal Upadhyaya State Employees Cashless Medical Scheme, the eligible people will get cashless medical facilities at government-run institutions, medical colleges and hospitals without any financial limit.
- Also, cashless medical facilities up to Rs 5 lakh will be available at hospitals empaneled under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
- Launching the scheme at an event in Lucknow, the CM said a State Health Card would be provided to the eligible employee and pensioners.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Science and Technology