Daily Current Affairs July 21
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 21. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 21| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs July 21
1. Who among the following to acquire franchise in South Africa’s T20 cricket league?
Answer: A) Reliance
- Expanding its international footprint in cricket, Reliance Industries Ltd will acquire a franchise in Cricket South Africa’s upcoming T20 league.
- Based in Cape Town the new franchise will take forward the Mumbai Indians brand and comes close on the heels of acquiring the UAE-based International League T-20 team.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs July 21
2. What is the rank of India in Henley Passport Index?
Answer: B) 87th
- The index is based on exclusive data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and is corroborated by a research team Henley and Partners.
|Rank||Country||Free Visa to number of countries|
|2||Singapore, South Korea||192|
|4||Finland, Italy, Luxembourg||189|
|5||Austria, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden||188|
3. Which of the following state topped in India Innovation Index?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Karnataka
- Niti Aayog’s India Innovation Index 2021 examines innovation capacities and ecosystems at the sub-national level.
- The index, released by Niti Aayog’s Vice Chairman Suman Bery in the presence of Chief Executive Officer Parameswaran Iyer, has been developed on the lines of the Global Innovation Index.
- States and Union Territories were divided into ’17 Major States’, ’10 North-East and Hill States’, and ‘9 Union Territories and City States’, for effectively comparing their performance.
North East and Hill States:
Union Territory and City States:
|Rank||UT and City States||III 2021|
|3||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||17.29|
|6||Jammu and Kashmir||12.83|
|7||Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu||12.09|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs July 21
4. Which of the following Bank partnered with EazyDiner to launch co-branded credit card?
A) Federal Bank
B) Bandhan Bank
C) IndusInd Bank
D) DBS Bank
E) RBL Bank
Answer: C) IndusInd Bank
- IndusInd Bank announced a partnership with EazyDiner to launch a co-branded credit card, called EazyDiner IndusInd Bank Credit Card.
- The company said that the partnership is aimed at enhancing customer dining experience.
- Benefits offered include a complimentary EazyDiner Prime membership, an additional 25% discount up to ₹1,000 every time a customer pays on the EazyDiner app via PayEazy, reward points, and 3X EazyPoints which can be redeemed against hotel stays, meals, exclusive restaurant openings, and events across the country.
- Furthermore, the cardholder may also receive a complimentary stay voucher worth ₹5,000 at “The Postcard Hotel” across India, Sri Lanka, and Bhutan.
- It also offers two complimentary domestic lounge visits per quarter at airports across India.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs July 21
5. FICCI Survey predicted the India’s GDP at ___ percent?
Answer: E) 7.0%
- Industry body FICCI has downgraded India’s annual Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast for the financial year 2022-23 at 7.0 per cent — with a minimum and maximum growth estimate of 6.5 per cent and 7.3 per cent, respectively.
- The median growth forecast for agriculture and allied activities has been put at 3.0 per cent for 2022-23.
- On the other hand, the industry and services sectors are anticipated to grow by 6.2 per cent and 7.8 per cent, respectively, during the fiscal year.
- In April, it had estimated India’s growth at 7.4 per cent for 2022-23.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs July 21
6. Mario Draghiresigned as Prime minister for which of the following country?
Answer: D) Italy
- Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi confirmed his desire to resign during a meeting with President Sergio Mattarella, Sputnik reported citing the presidential office.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs July 21
7. Which space agency Artemis program to return to moon launch as soon as August 29?
Answer: B) NASA
- NASA’s Artemis program to return to the Moon could launch its first uncrewed test flight as soon as August 29.
- Artemis-1 is the first in a series of missions as the United States seeks to return humans to the Moon, build a sustained presence there, and use the lessons gained to plan a trip to Mars sometime in the 2030s.
- NASA associate administrator Jim Free told reporters the first window of possible launch dates for the giant Space Launch System (SLS) and Orion crew capsule were August 29, September 2, and September 5.
8. NTPC and Masen signed MOU for cooperation in renewable energy sector during which edition of CII EXIM conclave?
Answer: A) 17th
- NTPC and Masen (Moroccan Agency for Sustainable Energy) signed an MOU for cooperation in the renewable energy sector during the 17th CII EXIM conclave on India-Africa growth partnership held in New Delhi from 19th- 20th July 2022.
- The conclave witnessed huge participation from several African countries and deliberations were held to promote investment and collaboration between Indian and African companies in various sectors in Africa.
- The CII- EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Project Partnership was launched in the year 2005 with the support of the Ministry of External Affairs and the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
- Over the last sixteen editions, the Conclave has played a pivotal role in encouraging Indian companies to establish and grow their footprints in Africa.
- The MOU was signed in the presence of HEM Mohamed Maliki, Ambassador of His Majesty the King of Morocco to the Republic of India, and Mr. Puneet Kundal, Joint Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
- The MOU was signed by Mr. Rachid Bayed, Executive Director of Operations and Acting Director of Development, Masen.
9. NHPC signed MoU with DVC for exploring hydropower and pump storage projects in which of the following state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Haryana
- NHPC Limited signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) to explore the formation of a Joint Venture Company (JVC) for exploring and setting up hydropower and pump storage projects, at NHPC Corporate Office, Faridabad,Haryana.
- The MOU was signed in presence of Shri A.K. Singh, CMD, NHPC Limited, and Shri Ram Naresh Singh, Chairman, DVC.
- The MOU heralds a new dawn in cooperation between the two Power Sector organizations in jointly harnessing the hydropower projects and pump storage projects as energy storage solutions in line with the national objective of energy transition i.e. 500 GW of renewable energy by 2030 and Net Zero by 2070.
- The MOU envisages the joint development of mutually identified projects.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 21
10. India extended all-out cooperation to which of the following country in Agriculture sector?
Answer: E) Bhutan
- Bhutan’s Minister of Economic Affairs Loknath Sharma called on Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar in New Delhi.
- During the meeting, MrTomar said, India has extended all-out cooperation to Bhutan in the Agriculture sector and will continue to help in every possible way.
11. Sherpa climbed the Gasherbrum II mountain for the second time,the mountain is located in which of the following country?
Answer: B) Pakistan
- A 47-year-old Nepali sherpa has set a climbing record by scaling all the world’s 14 peaks that are higher than 8,000 meters (26,247 ft) for a second time.
- Sanu Sherpa, from Sankhuwasabha district in east Nepal, reached the top of Pakistan’s Gasherbrum II, which at 8,035 meters is the 13th highest.
- She is the only person in the world to scale each of the 14 highest mountains twice.
- Eight of the 14 highest peaks, including Mount Everest, are in Nepal.
- The other six are in Pakistan and the Tibet region of China.
12. Which edition of ASEAN-India meet on transnational crimes held virtually?
Answer: D) 9th
- Ninth ASEAN-India Senior Officials Meeting on Transnational Crimes (SOMTC) was held in a virtual mode where both sides strongly condemned terrorism in all its forms while emphasizing the need to boost international cooperation to combat terrorism and transnational crimes.
- The Consultation was co-chaired by Mahaveer Singhvi, Joint Secretary (Counter Terrorism), Ministry of External Affairs, from the Indian side, and Puah KokKeong, Deputy Secretary (Policy), Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore, from the ASEAN side.
- The 10th ASEAN-India SOMTC Consultation on Transnational Crimes will be held in 2023 in Indonesia.
13. India and which of the following country signed MoU for judicial cooperation?
Answer: A) Maldives
- India and Maldives signed MoU for judicial cooperation to accelerate court digitization and boost prospects for IT companies & start-ups in both countries.
- In another reaffirmation of our #NeighbourhoodFirst policy, the Cabinet approved signing of an MoU for Judicial Cooperation between India & Maldives.
- Will accelerate court digitization and boost prospects for IT companies & start-ups in both countries.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 21
14. Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana completed how many years?
Answer: C) 5
- Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana has completed five years.
- The scheme was formally launched on this day in 2017.
- The scheme is a social security scheme for senior citizens intended to give an assured minimum pension to them based on an assured return on the purchase price or subscription amount.
- The minimum investment in this scheme was revised to one lakh 56 thousand 658 rupees for pension of twelve thousand per annum and one lakh 62 thousand 162 rupees for getting a minimum pension amount of one thousand rupees per month.
- The scheme which was under implementation till 2020, has further been extended for three years up to 31st March, 2023.
15. Who among the following minister launched schemes for Strengthening Pharmaceuticals Industry?
A) External Affairs Minister
B) Finance Minister
C) Agriculture Minister
D) MSME Minister
E) Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister
Answer: E) Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister
- Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya launched schemes for Strengthening Pharmaceuticals Industry in New Delhi with focus on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and Clusters.
- The schemes are Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Promotion and development Scheme (PMDPS) and Assistance to Pharmaceutical Industries for Common Facilities Scheme.
- The scheme will address the issues of technology upgradation at both unit level and cluster level.
- The scheme will help the industry to enhance its quality, technology and infrastructure upgradation.
- It will also encourage collaboration between various stakeholders for the overall development of the sector.
- The scheme will increase investment, encourage research and innovation and enable the industry to develop futuristic products.
16. How many lakh ‘pucca’ houses made under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
Answer: B) 61
- A total of 61 lakh all-weather ‘pucca’ houses, out of 1.22 crore houses, have been constructed or delivered to beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban’s (PMAY-U) ‘Housing for All’ mission, Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri.
- Under PMAY-U, central assistance has been provided to states and Union Territories (UTs) since June 25, 2015, for giving all-weather pucca houses to eligible urban beneficiaries, including homeless people.
- Based on the project proposals submitted by states/UTs, a total of 1.22 crore houses have been sanctioned during the mission period, that is, till 31 March 2022, and completion of the projects generally takes 12-36 months in different verticals of the scheme.
- 1.01 crore have been grounded for construction, of which 61.15 lakh are completed or delivered to the beneficiaries.
- Out of the total 1.22 crore sanctioned houses, around 41 lakh houses have been sanctioned in the last two years.
17. Digitization of Ration Cards completed in all states/UTs, till now how many crore ration card digitized?
Answer: D) 19.5
- Union Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti said that the digitization of ration cards has been completed in all states/UTs and about 19.5 crore ration cards are available on the transparency portal of respective states/UTs.
- A statement showing state/UT-wise progress of Aadhaar seeding in ration card was also provided.
- 99 per cent of the total 19.5 crore ration cards under NFSA have already been seeded with an Aadhaar number (i.e. at least one member of the household).
- States/UTs have been given time upto September 30, 2022, to complete the Aadhaar seeding of the remaining ration cards.
- For effective implementation and bringing transparency to Public Distribution System (PDS), the government has implemented a scheme – “End-to-end Computerization of Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) Operations”.
- Under this scheme, various activities were carried out such as digitization of ration cards/beneficiary and other databases, online allocation, computerization of supply-chain management, setting up of transparency portal and grievance redressal mechanism, etc.
Besides, automation of fair price shops (FPS) had also been done which involves installation of an electronic Point of Sale (ePoS) device at FPS for authentication of beneficiaries and electronic capturing of transaction data.
- About 5.32 lakh fair price shops out of a total of 5.33 lakh across the country have been automated so far.
18. Which of the following state governmentwill introduce app-based taxi services?
B) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Goa
- Goa Transport Minister MauvinGodinho has said the state government will introduce app-based taxi services in the state.
- Travel and Tourism Association of Goa (TTAG) fully supports the introduction of app-based taxis in Goa.
19. Koo signed MoU with Which of the following state government, to open development centre?
B) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Telangana
- Bengaluru-based multilingual social media platform Koo has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Telangana Government to open a development center in Hyderabad.
- With micro-blogging available in 10 languages, including Telugu, Koo boasts of a sizable community of users from the region.
- As part of this MoU, the Government of Telangana will work jointly with Koo on the use of Telugu to increase reach among non-English speakers in the state.
20. Which of the following state government will support MGNREGS with additional 200 work days?
B) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Odisha
- The Odisha Government has decided to provide additional 200 days of work over and above the guaranteed 100 days of work mandated under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MGNREG) Act, 2005 in the 20 migration-prone Blocks of the four districts of the State.
- In this regard, the State Cabinet headed by state Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik approved a New State Sector Scheme– State Support to MGNREGS.
- The MGNREGA ensures legal rights of wage employment to the adults (of rural households) willing to do unskilled manual labour for 100 days per household.
- According to the law, every rural household has the right to register itself under the MGNREG Act.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology