Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 12 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Malala day is observed on which date?
a) July 11
b) July 10
c) July 12
d) July 13
e) July 9
Answer: c) July 12
Malala day: History:
- The education activist was shot in the head by Taliban terrorists in October 2012 when she was 15 years old for supporting education of girls in Pakistan’s Swat.
- The teenager was flown to the United Kingdom for her treatment and miraculously survived.
- The day is observed in Malala’s honour and to acknowledge her fight for education.
- On her 16th birthday, 12 July, 2013, Malala addressed young leaders of the world.
- Since then, the day is celebrated as Malala Day.
- Malala was born on 12 July, 1997 to Ziauddin Yousafzai and Toor Pekai Yousafzai.
- She became the youngest ever recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014 at the age of 17.
- She was designated as a United Nations Messenger of Peace in 2017 by the Secretary-General António Guterres.
- She also became the youngest person to address the House of Commons in Canada.
2. Devon Conway been named the ICC Players of the Month for June. He is related to which country?
E) New Zealand
Answer: E) New Zealand
- New Zealand opener Devon Conway and England spinner Sophie Ecclestone have been named the ICC Players of the Month for June.
- Left-hander Conway became the first New Zealand player to win the ICC Men’s Player of the Month award after an astounding first month in Test cricket, cracking a solid double century on debut against England at Lord’s and following it up with two half-centuries in his next two games, including in the ICC World Test Championship (WTC) Final in Southampton.
- Conway won the award ahead of team-mate Kyle Jamieson, who was the Player of the Match in the WTC Final against India, with South Africa’s Quinton de Kock the other nominee for his fine performances on their tour of the West Indies.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Which bank has inaugurated ‘MSME Sulabh’ to exclusively handle the MSME credit proposals?
a) Bank of Baroda
b) Canara Bank
c) Punjab National Bank
d) State Bank of India
e) Yes Bank
Answer: b) Canara Bank
- Canara Bank has inaugurated ‘MSME Sulabh’ at its regional office in Palayamkottai to exclusively handle the MSME credit proposals.
- ‘MSME Sulabh’ is a business model of the bank for centralised processing of MSME credit proposals.
- It will undertake end-to-end processing, sanctioning and disbursement of credit requirements of MSME entrepreneurs thereby reducing the turn around time to the minimum level.
4. The Export Import (Exim) Bank of India has extended a __ loan for a power transmission project being executed by Kalpataru Power Transmission in Senegal?
A) USD 25.26 million
B) USD 35.26 million
C) USD 15.26 million
D) USD 45.26 million
E) USD 55.26 million
Answer: B) USD 35.26 million
- The Export Import (Exim) Bank of India has extended a USD 35.26 million loan for a power transmission project being executed by Kalpataru Power Transmission in Senegal.
5. Frshr Technologies emerges as National level Winner of DRDO’s Dare to Dream 2.0 contest. It is related to which Place?
Answer: A) Bangalore
- Bengaluru based startup, Frshr Technologies, specializing in Software Product Development has recently became the National Level Winner at DRDO’s Dare to Dream 2.0 Contest.
- The startup achieved the first position nationally by showcasing their innovative ‘AIRecognize’ Product, detecting persons based on the physiological parameters.
- DRDO’s (Defence Research and Development Organization) Dare to Dream contest was launched on the 5th Death Anniversary of former Prime Minister,
APJ Abdul Kalam, to promote India’s prominent Innovators and Startups in the field of defense and aerospace technologies with the objective of ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’.
6. External Affairs Minister Jaishankar to attend SCO Foreign Ministers meeting on 13-14 July in which country?
a) Dushanbe, Tajikistan
b) Kathmandu, Nepal
c) Colombo, Sri Laka
e) Beijing, China
Answer: a) Dushanbe, Tajikistan
- SCO grouping has 8 member states–Russia, China, India, Pakistan, and 4 central Asian countries–Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan.
- Mongolia, Belarus, Afghanistan, and Iran are observer countries, while Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Cambodia, Nepal, and Sri Lanka are dialogue partners.
7. Which state launched the state’s centralized emergency response and support system (CSERC) ‘Dial 112’?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Haryana
- The CSERC’s centralized telephone number will be for emergency complaints concerning police, fire, health, road accidents, and any other emergencies.
- Home and Health Minister Anil Vij, state Assembly Speaker Gian Chand Gupta, and Director General of Police (DGP) Manoj Yadava were among those present on the occasion.
- Khattar and Vij flagged off 630 emergency response vehicles equipped with mobile data terminals from Panchkula during the occasion.
8. Which Organisation inks MoU with NAFED for strengthening export linkage of Farmer Cooperatives & FPOs?
Answer: a) APEDA
- For harnessing exports potential of agricultural and processed food products of cooperatives as well Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd (NAFED).
- The collaborations between APEDA, which functions under Ministry of Commerce & NAFED, registered under the Multi State Co-operative Societies Act, also support engaging Cooperatives involved in agricultural production for improving the quality of agri-produce and its consolidation for better price realization to the farmers.
9. Union Agriculture Minister N S Tomar addresses a webinar on ____th foundation day of National Bank for Agriculture And Rural Development (NABARD)
Answer: d) 40th
- Under the historic Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme, an amount of Rs 1.35 lakh crore has been transferred directly to bank accounts of more than 11 crore such farmers.
- The objective of making it remunerative for the farmers, the government has continuously increased the MSP, procurement through state agencies.
- NABARD played an important role in record purchase by disbursing about Rs. 50 thousand crore rupees to the state marketing associations.
10. Bonalu festival celebration begins in which state?
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
Answer: c) Telangana
- The ‘bonalu’ festival is celebrated usually during the Hindu calendar month of ‘Ashada’ that falls in July and August.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Union Minister of Culture, Tourism G Kishan Reddy extended their greetings to the people on account of commencement of the festival.
- The Telangana government has sanctioned Rs 15 crore for conducting the Bonalu festival.
- The Telangana government has accorded status of “state festival” to Bonalu after the formation of the new state in June 2014.