Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 13 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. India will host the World Badminton Championships in which year?
Answer: D) 2026
- India will host the World Badminton Championships in 2026.
- India were scheduled to organise the Sudirman Cup in 2023 but the Badminton World Federation decided to award the hosting rights of the world mixed team championships to China.
- The BWF was forced to shift this year’s Sudirman Cup from Suzhou, China to Vantaa, Finland due to the COVID-19 situation in the Asian country.
- Suzhou will now stage the 2023 edition of the BWF World Mixed Team Championships, with original 2023 hosts India accepting the opportunity to host the BWF World Championships in 2026.
2. Haryana government has decided to organize ‘Khelo India Youth Games 2021’ in _____?
A) June 2022
B) April 2022
C) May 2022
D) March 2022
E) February 2022
Answer: E) February 2022
- Haryana government has decided to organize ‘Khelo India Youth Games, 2021’ in February 2022 in view of the possible third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A decision in this regard was taken in the first meeting of the Organizing-cum-Coordination Committee regarding the preparation of ‘Khelo India Youth Games- 2021’ held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
- He also informed that about 8,500 players are likely to participate, out of which 5,072 will be athletes, 2,400 will be female and 2,672 will be male.
- He said that earlier it was proposed to organize the Games from November 21 to 30 at five places including Panchkula, Chandigarh, Shahbad, Ambala and Delhi.
- In view of the possibility of a third wave of COVID-19, it has become necessary to extend the date.
- He said that the Mascot ‘Dhakad’ of the Games has been decided and the ‘Jersey’ and ‘Logo’ will be issued soon.
3. Who became the first singles player to qualify for 2021 ATP Finals?
A) Alexander Zverev
B) Daniil Medvedev
C) Rafael Nadal
D) Matteo Berrettini
E) Novak Djokovic
Answer: E) Novak Djokovic
- Novak Djokovic became the first singles player to qualify for 2021 ATP Finals after he clinched his sixth Wimbledon and a record-equaling 20th Grand Slam title.
- Djokovic defeated Italy’s Matteo Berrettini 6-7(4) 6-4 6-4 6-3 in the final on Sunday to seal a sixth Wimbledon title and qualify for the ATP Finals, to be held at the Pala Alpitour in Turin from November 14-21.
- The World No 1 secured his 14th qualification for the season finale by winning his third straight major crown of 2021 to draw level with all-time leaders Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.
4. Who has become the first Indian to be selected for judging the gymnastics competition of the Olympic Games?
A) Vignesh Kabra
B) Sathish Kabra
C) Deepak Kabra
D) Sarath Kabra
E) Sakthi Kabra
Answer: C) Deepak Kabra
- Deepak Kabra has become the first Indian to be selected for judging the gymnastics competition of the Olympic Games, a life goal achieved for the man who knew he wouldn’t have made it there as an active gymnast because of his not-so-strong fundamentals.
- Kabra will be seen officiating the men’s artistic gymnasts at the Tokyo Games, which gets underway on July 23.
- The 2010 Commonwealth Games in India was his first international assignment and Kabra went on to become the first Indian judge to officiate in the 2014 Asian Games and Youth Olympics.
5. Yashpal Sharma passed away. He was related to which sports?
Answer: E) Cricket
- India’s 1983 World Cup hero Yashpal Sharma, who was admired for being a gutsy middle-order batsman at the peak of his prowess, died.
- In his international career, Yashpal played 37 Tests, scoring 1606 runs, and 42 ODIs in which he made 883.
- He also picked up one wicket each in the two formats to his credit.
- He was known for his gutsy attitude and his stroke-filled half-century in the semifinal against England in the 1983 campaign at Old Trafford will forever be etched in the public memory.
- Former India captain Dilip Vengsarkar expressed shock at his teammate’s demise.
- The 1983 squad had met on the sidelines of a book launch here a couple of weeks ago.
- Yashpal was also part of the selection panel that picked the triumphant 2011 World Cup squad under Dhoni’s leadership.
- So, from being a part of a World Cup-winning to picking one that also won the trophy, Yashpal had seen it all.
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. Which organisation introduces Retail Direct facility to facilitate investment in Government Securities by individual investors?
Answer: E) RBI
- Reserve Bank of India introduced the RBI Retail Direct facility.
- The facility is a one-stop solution to facilitate investment in Government Securities, G-Sec by individual investors.
- The RBI said, under this facility, retail investors will have the facility to open and maintain the Retail Direct Gilt,RDG Account with RBI.
- Saving Account holders in India with PAN, Valid KYC documents, email ID and Registered Mobile number are eligible to open this account.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
7. Coal India appoints which IT company for digitalisation of mines?
B) Tech Mahindra
Answer: E) Accenture
- Coal India Ltd (CIL) has engaged Accenture Solutions Private Ltd as consultant, for digitalisation of mine process in seven of its select opencast mines for accelerated performance and enhancing output.
- The consultant would lead and support the implementation of digitalisation and process excellence while assuring an increased coal output of 100 million tonnes (mt) from the identified mines.
8. Sher Bahadur Deuba is appointed as Prime Minister of which country?
Answer: C) Nepal
- Nepali Congress President Sher Bahadur Deuba became the country’s Prime Minister for the fifth time.
- President Bidya Devi Bhandari appointed him in accordance with Article 76(5) of the Constitution.
- Previously, Deuba served as Nepal’s Prime Minister four times from June 2017–February 2018, June 2004–February 2005, July 2001–October 2002 and September 1995–March 1997.
9. Boeing delivered the 10th anti-submarine warfare aircraft P-8I to which country?
C) Republic of Nicaragua
Answer: E) India
- US-based aerospace company Boeing delivered the 10th anti-submarine warfare aircraft P-8I to the Indian Navy.
- Indian Defence Ministry had first signed a contract for eight P-8I aircraft in 2009.
- Later, in 2016, it signed a contract for four additional P-8I aircraft.
10. Indigenous mobile payment App BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) was launched in which country?
C) Republic of Nicaragua
Answer: E) Bhutan
- Indigenous mobile payment App BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) was launched in Bhutan, the first country in the immediate neighbourhood to allow the Indian digital payment interface.
- The App was jointly launched by Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman and Finance Minister of Bhutan, Lyonpo Namgay Tshering in a virtual ceremony.
- With the launch, the payment infrastructures of the two countries will seamlessly connected and benefit a large number of tourists and businessmen from India who travel to Bhutan each year.
- This will enhance the ease of living and ease of travelling through cashless transactions.
- Following the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Bhutan in 2019, the two countries have already enabled inter-operability in acceptance of Rupay cards.
- The Finance Minister said that BHIM UPI in 2020-21 has processed 22 billion transactions worth a value of Rs 41 lakh crore.
11. NTPC REL igned a MoU with which state/UT to set up the country’s first green Hydrogen Mobility project in the region?
Answer: E) Ladakh
- NTPC REL, a 100 per cent subsidiary of NTPC, signed a MoU with the Union Territory of Ladakh, to set up the country’s first green Hydrogen Mobility project in the region.
- The MoU will enable NTPC to help Ladakh develop a carbon-free economy based on renewable sources and green hydrogen.
- NTPC has recently revised its target of achieving 60 GW renewables capacity by 2032, almost doubling the earlier target. Recently, NTPC has commissioned India’s largest floating solar project of 10 MW at Visakhapatnam.
12. Who inaugurated the newly built Center of Excellence for Research & Analysis of Narcotics and Psychotropic Substances of the National Forensic Science University in Ahmedabad?
A) Dr Harsh Vardhan
B) Amit Shah
C) Manoj Sinha
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
Answer: B) Amit Shah
- Shri Shah also inaugurated a virtual training on the Investigation of Crimes Against Women.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Vijay Rupani, State Home Minister Shri Pradeep Singh Jadeja, Union Home Secretary Shri Ajay Bhalla and many senior officers of Central and State Government were also present on this occasion.
13. The Andhra Pradesh government has signed Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) with how many companies under the YSR Cheyuta scheme?
Answer: B) 14
- The Andhra Pradesh government has signed Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) with as many as 14 companies under the YSR Cheyuta scheme.
- The MoUs have been signed keeping in view livelihood for 6,00,000 women.
- These women will be getting business opportunities with these companies and would be able to achieve financial empowerment.
- The state government, under the Cheyuta scheme, will provide financial assistance to women of the age group of 45-60 so that they can start their own business in association with these companies or can invest in other sources of income.
- The target of this scheme is that the beneficiaries will get an income of at least Rs 10,000 per month.
- As part of this, the state government has signed MoUs with 14 companies namely- AJIO Business, Gramena Vikasa Kendram Society, MTGPL & KTPL, Tanager, IRMA, BASICS, GIAN, FDRVC, Nerds and Geeks, Entrepreneurship Development Institute India, Voluntary Association for People Service, Andhra Pradesh Food Processing Society, Andhra Pradesh Community Managed Natural Farming and National Institute for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
14. Which state CM launched various welfare schemes implemented under NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) through video conferencing?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: B) Manipur
- The schemes include Comprehensive Scheme for development of MSCB Ltd. and PACS (Primary Agriculture Co-operative Societies) in Manipur, infrastructure support to 10 PACS and two TDF projects in Churachandpur and Pherzwal district.
- The government has been making continuous efforts towards inclusive growth, welfare and development in the State.