Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 11 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Population Day is observed on which date?
a) July 12
b) July 9
c) July 10
d) July 11
e) July 7
Answer: d) July 11
- World Population Day is observed every year on July 11.
- The main purpose of this day is to draw attention towards the issues arising out of rising population across the globe.
- India has the world’s second-largest populace after China.
- This year, the theme of World Population Day 2021 is ‘the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on fertility’.
- It is organised by the Population Division of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA).
2. Abiy Ahmed has been appointed as Prime Minister of which country for 2nd term?
e) South Korea
Answer: a) Ethiopia
- In Ethiopia, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed’s Prosperity party won national parliamentary election.
- National Election Board of Ethiopia announced that the ruling party won 410 seats out of 436 in the federal parliament.
- This landslide victory assured a second term for the prime minister Abiy Ahmed. Last month’s election was largely peaceful but opposition parties decried harassment and intimidation.
- Abiy Ahmed came to power in April 2018 after the former prime minister resigned amid widespread protests.
- He had taken many steps for political and economic reforms during his tenure but also drawn intense international criticism for his handling of the conflict in the Tigray region has that left thousands of people dead.
3. BCCI has formed a how many members working group to look after domestic cricket?
Answer: c) 7
- Jay Shah, the Secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has written to state associations, making them aware that the board has formed a seven-member working group comprising of the member associations for domestic cricket in India.
- The group comprises Rohan Jaitley (North Zone), Yudhvir Singh (Central Zone), Jaydev Shah (West Zone), Devajit Saikia (North-East Zone), Avishek Dalmiya (East Zone), and Santosh Menon and Mohammed Azharuddin (South Zone).
- As per the media advisory from BCCI, the season will commence on September 21 with the Senior Women’s One Day League and will be followed by the Senior Women’s One Day Challenger Trophy, which will take place from October 27.
- The men’s tournaments will start with the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- The T20 event will kickstart on October 20 with the final to be played on November 12.
- The Vijay Hazare Trophy will take place from February 23, 2022, to March 26, 2022.
- The Vijay Hazare Trophy was clinched by Mumbai this year while Tamil Nadu won the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in January 2021.
4. G20 Finance Ministers approved a tax reform for multinationals by introducing a global corporate tax rate of how much percent?
Answer: e) 15%
- The G20 finance chiefs wrapped up two days of talks in the Italian city of Venice with the adoption of a joint communique, reported NHK World.
- The G20 Finance Ministers also endorse the group’s broad agreement on a plan to introduce new rules for taxing cross-border businesses.
- Ireland and other countries have tried to attract multinationals with lower corporate tax rates.
- The finance chiefs endorsed the action of a group of 132 countries and territories to set a minimum global corporate tax at 15 per cent.
- The group is mainly made up of member states of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, or OECD.
- The G20 is made up of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, India, Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Turkey, the UK, the US, and the EU.
- Spain is also invited as a permanent guest.
5. EAM Jaishankar unveils statue of Mahatma Gandhi in which country?
Answer: c) Georgia
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar unveiled a statue of Mahatma Gandhi in Georgia at Tbilisi Park.
- India and Georgia agreed to explore the ‘great potential’ their engagement in trade and investment holds and step-up connectivity between two countries.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar discussed two-way ties with Prime Minister Irakli Garibashvili and Vice Premier and Foreign Minister David Zalkaliani in Tbilisi in which they noted the positive dynamics of Georgia-India bilateral relations in political, economic, culture and education spheres.
6. Which state Chief Minister inaugurated the state’s Population Policy 2021-2030?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: d) Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the state’s Population Policy 2021-2030 on the occasion of World Population Day.
- Increasing population is the root of major problems including inequality prevailing in the society.
- Population control is the primary condition for the establishment of an advanced society.
CM also launched a mobile app ‘Health Center in Uttar Pradesh’ developed by the Health Department and inaugurated 11 BSL-2 RTPCR labs in the state on the occasion of the population day.
- Through this mobile app, information about the status of district hospitals, community and primary health centres in all districts of the state.
- New Policy Target has been set to bring the birth rate 2.1 per thousand population by the year 2026 and to 1.9 by the year 2030.
- The Commission has made an important recommendation of the State Law Commission to deprive those officials with more than two children from the local body elections which includes municipal elections to the Panchayat elections.
7. Union Transport Minister inaugurates country’s first private LNG plant in which place?
Answer: b) Nagpur
- Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the country’s First Private LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) plant in Nagpur.
- LNG is a clean and cost-effective fuel which is capable of decreasing the logistics cost.
- It has also potential of creating ample job opportunities.
- The Country’s first LNG facility plant has been set up by Baidyanath Ayurvedic Group on Kamptee Road near Nagpur Jabalpur Highway.
8. Which is the first Union Territory to achieve 100% first dose coverage to all residents?
a) Jammu & Kashmir
d) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Answer: b) Ladakh
- Ladakh has become the first Union Territory to vaccinate all residents and the ‘guest population’, consisting of migrant labourers, hotel workers and Nepalese citizens who are earning their livelihood here, with the first dose of Covid-19.
- A total of 89,404 people from all eligible age groups, including 18-44 years, have been administered the first dose of Covid vaccine.
- The second dose has been administered to 60,936 people.
- This was done in less than three months of starting the third phase of vaccination, covering the 18-44 age group.
- A total of 6,821 Nepalese citizens living in the UT were among those vaccinated.
9. Name the chief secretary has been launched ‘Anaemia Mukt Punjab’ campaign?
a) Manish Mahajan
b) Vimal Mahajan
c) Vijay Mahajan
d) Vini Mahajan
e) Victor Mahajan
Answer: d) Vini Mahajan
- The Chief Secretary, Ms Vini Mahajan, launched ‘anaemia mukt Punjab’ campaign to free the adolescent girls, pregnant and lactating women of anemia in the state.
- Ms Mahajan said anaemia is a major issue, especially among pregnant and lactating women besides adolescent girls but is easily preventable through a widely-practised strategy combining iron and folic acid supplements and proper nutritional diet.
- Emphasising coverage of all the adolescent girl students of 9 to 12 standard, the Chief Secretary asked the Health department to provide IFA tablets in all schools, anganwari centres and Asha workers.
10. Assam government provided how much amount under ‘Chief Minister’s COVID-19 Widows Support Scheme’?
a) Rs 1 lakh
b) Rs 1.5 lakh
c) Rs 5 lakh
d) Rs 10 lakh
e) Rs 2.5 lakh
Answer: e) Rs 2.5 lakh
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma rolled out a scheme to provide one-time financial assistance of Rs 2.5 lakh each to all widows, whose husbands died due to COVID-19 if their annual family income is less than Rs 5 lakh.
- Under the new ‘Chief Minister’s COVID-19 Widows Support Scheme’, Sarma handed over cheques to 176 eligible beneficiaries from eight districts.
- The Assam government has already launched a scheme to provide Rs 3,500 per month to children, who lost their parents due to COVID-19.
11. India’s first cryptogamic garden opens in which district of Uttarakhand?
Answer: b) Dehradun
- India’s first cryptogamic garden housing nearly 50 species of lichens, ferns and fungi was inaugurated in Uttarakhand’s Dehradun district.
- Located in the district’s Chakrata town, the garden was inaugurated by social activist Anoop Nautiyal.
- Around 50 species have been grown in the garden at Deoban in Chakrata at a commanding height of 9,000 ft, Chief Conservator of Forest (research) Sanjiv Chaturvedi.